Start by marking “Dark Tides” as Want to Read:
Dark Tides

Dark Tides

Virginia Beach has long been a place that people associate with beaches, nightlife, and a retreat from the stressors of the world; where the sun can shine down on you and your cares are washed away briefly by the ocean waves.

On May 31, 2019 those waves went dark with the tragic shooting of 16 innocent people - 12 fatality; the latest in a long line of senseless shootings i
Published October 1st 2019 by Gestalt Media

To ask other readers questions about Dark Tides, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Tides

Start your review of Dark Tides
Debbi Smith
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was honored to be given an ebook copy of this book to read.
Dark Tides is a fabulous anthology of tales, all with a similar watery theme, written by some of the very best authors of the horror/ fantasy genre. All of the stories will give you a shiver, and make you wonder if you really want to get to close to that lovely body of water you've always played in before.
Whoever buys this book will not only be supporting a good cause but will be buying themselves hours of enjoyment.
BookNerdsBrainDump
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Short Take: You should absolutely immerse yourself in this.

(*Note: I received an advance copy of this book for review..*)

Good morning, my lovely nerdlings! I’m bringing you something a little extra-special today. You all know that I have a deep affinity for the twisty, the bump-in-the-night-y, the creepy and the kooky, the mysterious and spooky (ok, ok, I’ll stop), but this time, I’m reading my favorite stuff for a wonderful cause. In the Dark Tides anthology, a whole lot of my long-time favorit
Will Blosser
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dark Tides is a charity anthology edited by John J. Questore in honor of those who lost their lives in the tragic Virginia Beach shooting earlier this year (May 31, 2019). All proceeds from the anthology will be donated to the Virginia Beach Tragedy Fund.

This ocean- themed anthology brings together some heavy-hitting big names with some lesser known rising stars in the horror world. The selection and editing of stories was excellent, certainly making this one of the better anthologies I’ve ever
L.T.
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I ordered this book, because it was a charity-driven piece that included a short story by Neil Gaiman. Yes, this is a ridiculous reason to buy a book, but so is picking one based on the cover. However, I more than lucked out with these stories. I don't usually read horror. Gore and fantastical creatures are truly meh in my literary choices, but I wanted to read Dark Tides and to get a taste of what horror stories can be.

Totally worth it.

While not every story was a tale that I loved, each was wri
Tina
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
🙌

Loved every story in this collection. Some more than others but there isn't a single bad story in this book. I had more obvious faves, Stephen King, Richard & Billy Chizmar and Neil Gaiman but the rest were equally as good. Big 👏.
Alan
Nov 18, 2019 rated it liked it
It's great that so many authors, including big names like Stephen King, Neil Gaiman, F. Paul Wilson, Ray Garton and John Skipp all contributed to this anthology to raise money for the Virginia Beach Tragedy Fund. Of all the tales in the book, I think the star was Richard and Billy Chizmar's "Widow's Point".
D.M. Shepard
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My Review of Hanson Oak's, They came from the Sea, They went to the Stars. A Contributor to the Dark Tides Anthology.

IN MEMORY OF THOSE WHO MADE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE SO OTHERS COULD REACH THE STARS

AD ASTRA PER ASTERA

(A ROUGH ROAD LEADS TO THE STARS)

GOD SPEED THE CREW OF APPOLLO I

-Inscription on the plaque in memory of the crew of Apollo I (Gus Grisham, Ed White, Roger B Chaffee)

“Hope is the thing with feathers
that perches in the soul
And sings the tune without words
And never stops at all.”

-Emi
Matthew Lanham
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I struggled with collections. Mostly because their is no hook to keep me wanting to read on. That being said I do love my horror. This is a great collection for fans of horror and otherworldly oddities. Would highly recommend a read.
Steve Rufle
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great short stories. You can't predict how they are going to end.
Trey Stone
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dark Tides is a horror anthology, and a special on at that. Put together and edited by John J. Questore, it's a charity anthology, dedicated to those affected by the Virginia Beach shooting, 31 May, 2019. It's a work to be admired.

I was excited about the book as soon as I heard about the theme and saw the cover, but when I found about the cause it's supporting, well... You don't have to ask me twice.

The theme is—as you might have gauged from the title—water. Dark, disturbing water. The kind that
Sue
Aug 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent collection of short stories
Colleen Storiz
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The short stories included in the anthology, Dark Tides, were some of the most interesting, endearing, and sometimes scary stories I've read. I'm not usually a fan of horror but this was more than a few horror stories. These were stories that touched me deeply, gave me goosebumps, and made me ponder. I enjoyed nearly all of them and a few exceptions really stood out as exceptional pieces of work that I'm still thinking about even days after I've read them.

That's what I love about anthologies -
MK-reads
Dec 12, 2019
Ingrid Novodvorsky
Nov 11, 2019
Justin M.
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jennifer Johnson
Jan 15, 2020
R.F. Hurteau
Feb 06, 2020
Goodreads Librari...: Combine editions 2 16 Oct 18, 2019 07:33AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please add authors to other editions 1 11 Oct 06, 2019 06:05AM

• Bits & Pieces
  • Gwendy's Magic Feather (The Button Box, #2)
  • Full Throttle
  • Midnight in the Graveyard
  • If It Bleeds
  • The 19th Christmas (Women's Murder Club, #19)
  • The Only Good Indians
  • Imaginary Friend
  • Unspeakable Things
  • Books of Horror Community Anthology Vol. 1
  • 100 Word Horrors 4
  • The Poor and the Haunted
  • If I Die Before I Wake: Tales of Karma and Fear (The Better Off Dead Series #1)
  • In the Tall Grass
  • In the Heart of the Fire (Nameless #1)
  • Photographing the Dead (Nameless #2)
  • Watcher