Start by marking “A Knight's Vow (MacLeod, #2.6; de Piaget/MacLeod, #7.5)” as Want to Read:
A Knight's Vow (MacLeod, #2.6; de Piaget/MacLeod, #7.5)

A Knight's Vow (MacLeod #2.6)

3.92  ·  Rating Details ·  1,183 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
Set during the misty Middle Ages, when brave knights in shining armor rescued fair maidens and chivalry and honor were prized above all things, this quartet of novellas from some of the genre's best-known writers takes the concept of the vow and spins it into four very different yet thematically linked medieval tales.

Lynn Kurland - The Traveller (MacLeod #2.6)(de Piaget/M

Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Published September 1st 2001 by Jove Books

To ask other readers questions about A Knight's Vow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Knight's Vow

Katie W
Apr 24, 2012 Katie W rated it really liked it
I actually just read the first story only (Lynn Kurland), because I knew I was safe with the author. This story is of William DiPiaget and Julianna and how he is true to his knight's vow. I love the romance--you really don't need those "scenes" to have a true, sweet romance.
Tracy
Dec 09, 2014 Tracy rated it liked it
These are cute medieval romance short stories.
Elaine
Oct 10, 2013 Elaine rated it liked it
Novella that loosely follows the Time travel theme in the rest of her books. This one was short but ok. Just not what I have come to expect from Kurland.

"The Traveller" by Lynn Kurland 2.5

"the Minstrel" by Patricia Potter 2

"The Bachelor Knight" by Deborah Simmons typical novella. 2.5

"The Siege" by Glynnis Campbell the last story in the book is one of the best novellas I have read 5 and I don't usually like novellas. Well done!
Denise
May 16, 2013 Denise rated it really liked it
I ordered this book because of the Lynn Kurland story that goes with her time-travel books. This was supposed to be book 4 of the MacLeods story but it was actually the story of William DePiaget. However it was good but I don't think the best in the book.

This book contained 4 stories:

The Traveller by Lynn Kurland
The Minstrel by Patricia Potter
The Bachelor Knight by Deborah Simmons
The Siege by Glynnis Campbell

Only The Traveller had any time-travel aspects, all the others were historical romances.
July
Mar 12, 2010 July rated it liked it
Shelves: home-library
Lynn Kurland's story in this book is follow by three other stories. I only read the first by Lynn. It is about Sir William de Piaget in 1299 the great grandson of the Robin of Artane and Julianna Nelson a very glum un-employed New Yorker in 2001 with degrees in ancient languages. She finds a letter from her friend Elizabeth who writes of her romantic marriage to Jamie a scotish laird and invites her to visit encloses a map with time travel spots and warnings. Julianna doesn't quite take the warn ...more
LilaBird
Oct 18, 2012 LilaBird rated it liked it
I only read the Lynn Kurland story in this anthology. Perhaps I'll go back at another time and read the other short stories, but for now, I just want to continue on with the MacLeod series. :)

This was the story of William DePiaget and Julianna, a modern day girl from Manhattan. It takes place a few generations after all of my favorite DePiagets, so that sort of made this story useless to me. It was cute, but short romances drive me crazy. Rushed romance is never romantic. They meet and then all
Diane Wachter
Mar 01, 2016 Diane Wachter rated it liked it
Shelves: lynn-kurland
PB-B @ 9/2001, 1/02. Anthology. MacLeod/McKinnon, Book 4. Lynn Kurland, The Traveler, When Juliana Nelson sits on the same park bench her friend Elizabeth Smith MacLeod did, she travels back to the Scottish border in 1299 and Sir William DePiaget. Fun. Patricia Potter, The Minstrel, After Duncan vows to his mother on her deathbed that he will only marry for love, he decides he must play the minstrel to be sure his bride is not marrying for wealth or title. He meets Lady Leynet who is dressed as ...more
Netanella
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Third story – DNF
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Fourth story – 5 stars
This story had the sex scene the others did not!!
Forget the “ick” factor (she was 17 he was 30) and this was a beautiful story about love – love of the person and love = sex
Loved the trapped in a tunnel feeling and that they fell in love without even seeing one another. So sexy....
The book is a keeper if just for this sto
penelopewanders
In the Of Duchesses, Princesses & Other Ladies of Quality: HISTORICAL ROMANCE BOOKBOX
Reading this quickly before sending on.
This is an anthology, but the stories are long enough to my taste - often I find short stories irritating because they end just when you're really into them. These four tales are not so short. The one I liked least was perhaps the first, about the time travelling - here the short story format didn't allow us to feel enough empathy for the heroine's modern day situation
Penelope West
Jul 11, 2008 Penelope West rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All who love romance and medieval times
This was an interesting story in another anthology. I was unfamiliar with the characters as they have not been mentioned in others of Lynn Kurland's stories. It is amusing how she generally had either the hero or the heroine experience some really yukky experience near the beginning of the story. She is very good at putting her people in awkward situations and showing their humanity in dealing with it. Her humor often takes over and wins out the day. This is true in this story. The other stories ...more
Jordan
Oct 25, 2007 Jordan rated it really liked it
This has 4 stories in one book - 4 different authors - Lynn Kurland who I already enjoy reading, and then 3 more that I hadn't heard of - one clean and a good short story, the other two authors were a little more graphic, but nothing hardcore. It was nice to read this one broken up into 4 stories. It made putting the book down easier. I could read one author and put it down after 100 pages because the story was done. It was nice for a change in pace. Usually I can't stop a good book once I have ...more
Teresa Drelick
To me reading an anthology is something I do to shift gears...cleanse my palette, per se. I went on a search for knights in shining armor and boy did I find them. Four of them! I thoroughly enjoyed each of these stories and am only giving it four stars for the fact that I rarely give five but also felt that the third story started off a bit slow and Ho hum for me but by the end I was enjoying it. We all need to find our knights in shining armor even if they only exist between the pages of a grea ...more
Patricia
Jul 07, 2011 Patricia rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, romance, fantasy
3.5 stars. a nice collection of stories. the depiaget story (the traveller) was cute and sweet, though following a more obscure relation. the minstrel story was cute as well, though a bit typical and juvenile. i did enjoy the two main characters though. the bachelor knight was a little dour for my taste and was not quite up to par for me. the final story, the siege, was very sweet and romantic and i thoroughly enjoyed it. very well done for a short story...definitely left me wanting more of them ...more
Maria
Jun 14, 2011 Maria rated it it was amazing
This book has a mixture of stories from different authors. I had read a book prior by Lynn Kurland
and loved it, so I thought I give this a try. I liked the time travel and historical fiction, so this was a perfect book for me. It also gives you a taste for other authors. Stories are mostly set in the 1300s.
Tricia Schneider
I always enjoy reading stories by Lynn Kurland and Deborah Simmons, but in this anthology I was blown away by Glynnis Campbell's short story, The Siege. This story captivated me! I recommend this book for this story alone. A lovely, emotionally-charged love story and I enjoyed every word of it!
Judy Bullard
Sep 14, 2011 Judy Bullard rated it liked it
This is one of her 'Novellas' - several short novels in one book. Good, but sometime when she writes with another author or two, the reading isn't quite as clean. Too much information sometimes!!! I don't need to be reading about so much passion and details! I like the clean novels. A couple of the short novellas I did not finish because of this.
Serena
May 05, 2010 Serena rated it it was ok
I only read the first story in this book -- the one by Lynn Kurland -- The Traveler --- It was pretty good! The first book by her that I've read about the DePiaget's.

William De Piaget & Julianna Nelson
Jean
May 19, 2015 Jean rated it liked it
I felt it was too short. It included several romances, but none of the stories were long enough. Otherwise I liked the book. My only regret was that the stories weren't long enough for us to get to know the characters very well.
Kenna
Sep 12, 2010 Kenna rated it liked it
Predictable and easy to read. Spoilers for new books in this one. Looking forward to reading those.

I wish a few of these stories would have been full books, I would have liked to see more of the story.
Spring Clark
Sep 13, 2010 Spring Clark rated it liked it
Some of the stories in this anthology weren't the best. But overall a fun read, if you like knights and such. I think my favorite was the last story - "The Siege," although it had a little love scene, but it wasn't too bad. I don't think any of the other stories had anything in them at all, though.
Denise
Jul 22, 2009 Denise rated it liked it
This was 4 different stories by 4 different authors. Each one was about a different Knight dealing with their Vow all involving a woman of course. Quick easy reads with happy endings, not like real life and that is why I liked it :)
TJ
Mar 25, 2010 TJ rated it liked it
All the short stories in this book were fun and entertaining to read. I am just discovering I much prefer longer stories. Shorts just don't allow enough time for character, as well as, plot development. Something always has to give and I find I dislike the sacrifice.
Alyssa
Jan 04, 2014 Alyssa rated it it was ok
I love this author. She is able to write contemporary and historical very well, however I don't like her short stories as much and her full length novels. It's worth reading but defiantly not a favorite.
Susan
Feb 19, 2011 Susan rated it liked it
I am almost ashamed to put this on my shelf. A couple of these short stories were fun and clean and romantic but totally corny! And a couple were a bit steamy. Had to skim a good bit.
Elisa Panjang
Jul 09, 2016 Elisa Panjang rated it it was amazing
5 star read! A collection of sweet short stories. Recommended to historical romance fans.
Vicki
Mar 23, 2012 Vicki rated it liked it
Enjoyed the short story the traveller.
Susan
Nov 12, 2013 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: vc-library
Knight William finds lost NYr Julianna whn she fllws frnd Elizbths map 2 hs x & they FIL, wed, trvl 2 present
Vj Parker
Dec 02, 2011 Vj Parker rated it liked it
short and sweet, an interesting way to put a mans worth in a vow, not quite up to her usual level but enjoyable all the same
Monica
Jun 18, 2011 Monica rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Entertaining quick reads, even if they were short :)
  • The Christmas Cat (Includes: de Piaget, #4.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #2.5)
  • Highland Magic (Highland Dream, #3)
  • Reynold de Burgh: The Dark Knight (de Burgh, #6)
  • Ladies Prefer Rogues: Four Novellas of Time-Travel Passion
  • Lost Yesterday
  • Knight Errant (Knight Errant #1)
  • Thirteen Chances
  • The Rose and the Warrior (Warriors #3)
  • The Last Highlander
  • Truly, Madly Viking (Viking II, #2)
  • Fires of Winter (Tales of Jernaeve, #2)
  • Betrothed (Montagues, #2)
  • The Brides of Christmas (Includes Warrior, #11; de Burgh, #3.5)
  • Wed Under Western Skies: Abandoned \ Almost a Bride \ His Brother's Bride (The Copper Creek Brides #2.5) (Harlequin Historical, #799)
  • The Queen in Winter
Lynn began her writing career at the tender age of five with a series of illustrated novellas entitled Clinton’s Troubles in which the compelling hero found himself in all sorts of . . . well, trouble. She was living in Hawaii at the time and the scope for her imagination (poisoned fish, tropical cliffs, large spiders) was great and poor Clinton bore the brunt of it. After returning to the mainlan ...more
More about Lynn Kurland...

MacLeod (10 books)
  • A Dance Through Time (MacLeod, #1; de Piaget/MacLeod, #2)
  • The Very Thought of You (MacLeod, #2; de Piaget/MacLeod, #4)
  • My Heart Stood Still (MacLeod, #3; de Piaget/MacLeod, #8)
  • A Garden in the Rain (MacLeod, #4; de Piaget/MacLeod, #10)
  • Much Ado in the Moonlight (MacLeod, #5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #12)
  • When I Fall in Love (de Piaget, #4; MacLeod, #6; de Piaget/MacLeod, #13)
  • With Every Breath (MacLeod, #7; de Piaget/MacLeod, #14)
  • Till There Was You (MacLeod, #8; De Piaget #10; de Piaget/MacLeod, #15)
  • Roses in Moonlight (MacLeod, #9; de Piaget/MacLeod, #19)
  • Ever My Love (MacLeod #10)