Start by marking “Dark Secrets” as Want to Read:
Dark Secrets

Dark Secrets

As the leaves fall from the trees, so do secrets and tragedy. Just in time for Halloween, NINE brand-new romantic suspense novels for you to enjoy. From evil and death to overcoming odds and finding love in the most unusual places, these sweet to spicy full-length novels will keep you eerily entertained and on the edge of your seat for hours. Plus, watch for a common threa ...more
Kindle Edition, 1947 pages
Published October 11th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Dark Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Secrets

Start your review of Dark Secrets
Lisa White
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a collection of romantic suspenses. The Devils Own has Angela Stevens signature combination of steam & romance & I couldn’t put it down. ...more
Peggy Jaeger
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ghost in the machine By Katie O'Sullivan

Katie O’Sullivan’s addition to the Dark Secrets Anthology, Ghost in the Machine follows a recently-murdered gal, her ghost-seeing sister, a ghost-whisperer Coroner and a hunky skeptical state trooper.

When Cameran McNeil wakes up on the side of a road in Cape Cod, she has no memory of how she came to be there and can’t recall anything of her life before she woke up. She’s lying next to a garbage bag that has the obvious body of a woman in it. Just when she’
Sabrina Devonshire
The Dark Secrets Anthology is just what I needed to get me in the mood for Halloween. Each story delivers plenty of romance and most of the books offer dark surprises and suspense that will keep your heart racing. The black cat, Spook, makes an appearance in every story. Below, I’ve highlighted my four favorites.

Something Wicked This Way Comes/Sharon Coady
Winter’s first two marriages ended—and the men died mysteriously not long afterward. After slowly learning to trust again, she meets a man, fa
Dannielle
I have read 4 books out of this collection so far. They've all been easy to read and great for relaxing and tuning out the world.

The Devils Own is a fast paced read with determined characters and an exciting plot. The chemistry between the love interests was obvious, and I liked the relationships between the protagonist and those around her. I found myself racing through to see how it ended.

Something Wicked This Way Comes is a suspenseful story of an unfaithful relationship told from both the p
Amy R
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review only includes a review on Romance by the Book, and I will add to it as I read the books!

Romance By the Book by Amy Manemann is a light romantic suspense for those that read a lot of romantic suspense. It is a great story of two single parents getting to know each other and trying to move on from their pasts while raising teenage daughters in a small town. Throw in a mystery that turns out as a happy ending and you have the great makings of a Hallmark Movie!

Manemann's writing style
Anne Kulasa
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So far I've read four of the books, Hunting Love, Secret Fantasies, Little White Lies and Ghost in the Machine. I loved them all. They were all very suspenseful and romantic. Great Halloween reads. They were all different but they all had something spooky in common. These authors have a way of writing that sucks you into the story. I'm a big fan of Chantel Rhondeau's writing and have read all of her books and highly recommend this book. I also think I have found some new authors whose other book ...more
Sierra Clothier
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a expertly culled box set that was full of mystery, suspense and spook. My favorite was Ghost in the Machine by Katie O'Sullivan, but the selections were flawlessly edited and all worked as a whole. I also loved how these were not novellas. These were full books. These were all new authors for me, and the set as enticed me enough to seek out more from all the authors. It didn't have a dud within all these stories! That's pretty awesome and very rare. I actually would read this again whe ...more
Sandy
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
My three favorite stories in this book are Something Wicked this Way Comes by Sharon Cody, Ghost in the Machine by Katie O’Sullivan, and, even though it didn’t quite feel like a stand alone story, the main characters’ stories do wrap up, That Spooktacular Kiss by Tamara Ferguson. But I enjoyed all of the stories. And I like that the stories in this anthology were all long enough to actually provide a decent amount of character development.

Karen
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Individual books from the set of Dark Secrets edition that I have read so far, can't wait to read the rest of the books in this awesome set.

Something Wicked This Way Comes by Sharon Cody, I have read all of her books and each one is better than the last. She has become a great book writer. I actually personally know her and am very impressed. This last one Something Wicked This Way Comes has a Halloween theme, very intriguing, keep your interest the entire way through, she had a great mystery pl
Jody
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful box set collection. There’s plenty of suspense, romance, and a dash of spooky!

Ghost in the Machine by Katie O’Sullivan was one of my favorite books in this set.
The beginning of the novel drew me in and the story didn’t let go. The book isn’t too long which made for a quick, suspenseful, and romantic read.
I enjoyed the chemistry between Maggie and Jack, but the other characters were all memorable including a ghost, a coroner who talks with dead people, and Spook the cat.
Ms. O’Sullivan
Donna
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have read three books in this set so far and can’t wait to read the rest. How amazing these books are.
Little White Lies… is a page turner. Smooth reading and you just can’t stop once you start. I read it at one sitting because I couldn’t put it down.
Something Wicked This Way Comes… is a very lovely book with very unexpected things… SHHHHH I am not telling. Just when you thing you know it all, or have it all figured out. Something else has you on the edge of your seat.
Hunting Love…starts out
Susan C
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This collection of romance suspense is a nice way to spend your reading hours. My favorite was Tamara Ferguson’s That Spooktacular Kiss. Under the constraints of word limitations associated with anthologies, Ferguson still manages to successfully convey the story of 2 people who find each other after being abruptly and tragically separated 10 years earlier. This story is part of a series revolving around a human trafficking ring and though that back story isn’t resolved, the main characters’ sto ...more
Debra
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Romantic relationships

This is a wonderful box set of various types of romance from suspense, contemporary and paranormal. I especially loved Secret Fantasies by Stacy Eaton as this story kept me riveted from start to finish and I can't wait for the next installment. All of these stories are well worth reading and I plan to read these again. Can't wait for the next installments.
Peter Thomson
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I Read Angela Stevens’ ‘The Devil’s Own - Bowker Street.’
This is the first book in the author’s new HELL BENT series. It takes us into a run-down, deprived area outside of Chicago called Bowker Street. Here, gang boss, Kane Munch holds court over his sixty or more criminal acolytes in a decaying ex-motel complex: a no-go locale for police or people who are not members of the Bowker Street Devils.
Main character Cassidy and Ryker, her 24 year-old brother, were born into the gang- and its criminal
Rebecca Austin
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-author
Little White Lies by Jude Ouvrard

Hunter Reed decides she needs a change of location after her boyfriend Jared breaks up with her and begins dating one of her friends and no one in their circle having the courage to tell her about what was going on. Hunter moves to Portland for a job at Hart & Miller Media Inc as a graphic designer.

Soon Hunter meets new friends Emma and Xander who are also her co-workers and invite her out to a club on Halloween where she falls for a mysterious stranger wearing a
Elysian Fields
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
This entire collect was a fun and spook read perfect for ghost story, horror or Halloween lovers. The stories were diverse and all full length. It was such a fun read. While as with all anthologies some stories worked more for me than others, I was not disappointed with any story I this collection.
In That Spooktacular Kiss (by Tamara Ferguson) we find a family mystery that spans two families, one couple and years of speculation. I enjoyed the mystery of this story, what really happened to that
Mommysuz
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Secret Fantasies
Colin was assigned to watch over Heather after her son was taken and drugged. Little did they both know the depth of the situation. While protecting Heather, a lot happened. One thing is Colin fell for Heather. Heather wasn't sure of her feelings at first. She thought she cares for him because he was protecting her.
I love this story. It was filled with romance and is action packed. And the "house". I couldn't put it down. Secret Fantasies is book#3. It is a stand alone with a HE
SylviaV
Dark Secrets - Box set
Great reading for the holidays, this box set gives the reader 9 romantic-suspense novels by various authors. A nice way to find out if you like a particular author's writing style and want to purchase other books by these writers.
Secret fantasies - (book 3 in the Pleasure your Fantasies series)by Stacy Eaton
Something wicked this way comes - by Sharon Coady
That Spooktacular Kiss by Tamara Ferguson
Little White Lies - by Jude Ourvard
Romance by the Book - by Amy Manemann
The Dev
Dana Fernandez
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One amazing boxset! So far I’ve read 4 of the books and can’t wait to read the rest.

Midnight Cove by Pandora Spocks has you pulled in and won’t stop until your finished. Bree has rented a lake house to do some writing. Little does she know that it comes with its own ghost with a mystery that needs to be solved. Will she help solve this mystery? You’ll have to read the book to find out.

Romance by the Book by Amy Manann was a cute Halloween Romance with a little twist mystery. Must read!

Somethi
Coco.V
Dec 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (12/16/2019)! 🎁
Lilah
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This set was recommended by a friend. I’ve read four of the books so far, and found them fun, easy reads. The Devils Own was an action packed, sexy read. With a few bad boys thrown in for good measure!!
Something Wicked This Way Comes was a suspenseful, twisty story, and I was never quite sure who to trust.
Midnight Cove was full of small town intrigue, and who doesn’t love a good ghost story?
Romance by the Book was a fun, flirty love story, and a good lazy day read.
I’m looking forward to readi
Cathy Tremblay
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great book box set ! From family secrets , deception , gang related stories with a bit of heart breaking hot and sexy heroes and steamy scenes; it's all in there! Each stories bring something unique to this set. I loved reading from authors I already knew and discovered some great new ones ! Stacy , Amy and Pandora's books are a must ! I'm currently reading the last one on the set and I was pleased with all of them. A nice diverse melting pot of emotions !
Jimnlori
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dark Secrets: Nine Fall Romantic Suspense Novels is a nine book collection written by nine different authors and is perfect to read this time of year especially if you love your romance stories with a little bit of suspense. Each story is a standalone story, but a common thread runs through them all for just the right amount of suspense and spookiness.

I was given an ARC from the author/publisher. All conclusions are mine and mine alone.
Michael Mann
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've had the pleasure of reading four of the books in this collection so far and I'm looking forward to reading the rest. I highly recommend this set to anyone that loves a good romantic book with twists.
Peni
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Please see individual stories for review.
Laura McIntyre
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Angela Stevens, The Devil's own. I honestly couldn't put it down. It is definitely worth a read. I didn't want the story to end.
Lea Lukehart
Oct 01, 2019
Kathy Smith
Oct 03, 2019
Tamara
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jennifer beck
Oct 10, 2019
Katie O'Sullivan
Oct 10, 2019
Janet Watson
Calvin
Angela
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Sherry
Victoria
Dale Wilken
Deborah Dumm
Oct 12, 2019

• IRRESISTIBLE AT CHRISTMAS (Irresistible Romance Book 2)
  • IRRESISTIBLE VALENTINE (Irresistible Romance Book 3)
  • Barracuda Security: Complete 5-Part Series
  • Unforgettable Christmas Dreams: Gifts of Joy (The Unforgettables Book 14)
  • Duke Investigations: Complete Series
  • Unforgettable Temptations: Attraction and Surrender (The Unforgettables Book 15)
  • Unforgettable Intrigue: Deceptions and Temptations (The Unforgettables Book 13)
  • Stone Investigations: The Complete Series
  • Sweet and Sassy Daddies
  • Wolf Shield Investigations: A Paranormal Romance Boxset
  • Invincible - Strong and Fearless
  • The Players: Overcoming the Odds
  • Secret Daddies: A Contemporary Romance Box Set
  • Tafoya Crime Family: Complete 5-Part Series
  • Butler Ranch Boxed Set Volume 2: Books 1–5
  • Unforgettable Passion – Unforgettable Charmers (The Unforgettables Book 10)
  • Spotlight Investigations: The Complete Series
  • Sweet and Sassy Holiday
Stacy Eaton is a USA Today Best Selling author and began her writing career in October of 2010. Stacy took an early retirement from law enforcement after over fifteen years of service in 2016, with her last three years in investigations and crime scene investigation to write full time.

Stacy resides in southeastern Pennsylvania with her husband, who works in law enforcement, and her teen daughter.