Start by marking “The Vanity of Roses” as Want to Read:
The Vanity of Roses

The Vanity of Roses

Callan Rose.
That hadn’t always been his name.
When we were children, he was nothing more than a servant boy in my family.

He was an amusement to me.
A nobody.
A weak soul who refused to fight back.
It was so easy to take advantage.

But then my father died, and I was stolen. The family moved on without me. Until I was penniless with no place to go.

I returned to the Rose Estate

Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:
3.75 Stars

Throughout her life, Lisbeth Rebel Rose had been served with a silver platter. But one fateful night changed everything she ever knew. After years on the run, she thought she’d finally be back to where she belonged. But her return home was met by a hostile welcome from Callan who was nowhere near the boy she used to know.

The sadist in me loved it when Callan unleashed his darker side. It got me excited when he behaved
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***5 "Be careful what you wish for..." stars***

!!!AVAILABLE NOW!!!

"Forgiveness is difficult when the ego refuses to bow down, and absolution is impossible when we're chained to a refusal to accept sin.
Are any of us ever truly blameless?"

Is it possible after only two books to love a writer so fiercely??? I believe that Lily White had become one of my unicorn authors in such a short time and i want to read everything by her!!! Everything!!!
I can tell that this book wasn't so dark and painf
Kim BookJunkie ~ Editor & Proofreader
”For so many years, she had been the pinnacle of beauty in my world, even if her behavior never matched the fairness of her skin.”

As a teen, Lisbeth treated servant boy Callan like dirt. When an unexpected tragedy strikes, Lisbeth is forced to go into hiding. When she returns to her family home years later, Callan is in control, and he’s ready to have his retribution.

After reading my description above, you probably assume that the former enemies reunite and fall madly in love, but things ar
Louise H  -  ⭐ Life in the Book Lane Reviews ⭐
He wasn't just beautiful in the traditional sense, he was exquisite. As if a sculptor had spent months chiseling marble to create the perfect masculine form, but then a painter came in to sweep deep shadows across him.

The Vanity of Roses is a fast-paced, twisty and totally captivating read.

With a Lily White book I know I'm always guaranteed a great read, yet no two books ever seem to be the same. The Vanity of Roses is a dark tinged romantic suspense, packed full of intrigue, secre
CC
3.75 ★

Up until the age of 15, Callan lived at the Rose estate as a maid’s son. Infatuated with Lisbeth Rose, the 17-year old daughter and heir apparent to the Rose fortune, Callan always watched her, but she always spurned him. After a fatal event, roles changed and a decade later, Callan emerged as a fighter. But when Lisbeth returns home, it causes another shift for the Rose family.

“You’d do well to mind your manners in this house. I’d hate for you to learn what happens to petty little brat
Mirjam

Lisbeth Rose, 17, is the typical rich spoiled brat with nothing to do but bully, mistreat her servant boy, Callan, 15, with her most favourite passing time was to belittled him to the amusement of herself and her friends, but than Lisbeth disappears with her mother.

Fast forward 10 years, Callan is now a Rose and is re-united with Lisbeth. He is thrilled to finally be able to get his revenge Every word she’d spoken was a price she would pay, a debt I would extract for a particular value until th
Carvanz
Wow! Talk about gut wrenching! This book tore through me in every way possible!

’When you can’t love, you hate. When you can’t have, you want. And when the truth is too painful to admit, you lie - just like we always had done.’

Image result for white rose

As teenagers, Lisbeth was the spoiled princess with Callan as her servant boy. She used him for her enjoyment and discarded him just as quickly. Callan, on the other hand, was entranced with her, despite the abuse he suffered at her will. But a brutal night and a decade
Bookgasms Book Blog
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Vanity of Roses is Lily White at her finest. This story combined the edgy darkness that I live for in her stories but with an added emotional depth I never saw coming. I loved Callan and Lisbeth. Their spitfire banter, heated anger, past history and intense connection could not be denied. The sparks alone between them were combustible but seeing them both go head to head was the icing on the cake. This novel was the perfect enemies to lovers story!!

Gah! What I loved more than anything was th
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Trust lily to take a simple story, and add twists to it like thorns are to Roses. She makes this love story hurt and cut with her intentional cruel scenes and ruthless turn of fates of the main characters. It's like a Russian roulette of pride. She creates a worker and his princess, very clearly defined roles in the first chapter, then turns the tables and this becomes a vindictive tale of revenge. The mission- To usurp wealth as a means of power.
"A boy made a slave.
A slave treated as a beat
Ash Chases Romance
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Vanity of Roses by Lily White to me was some what different to her other books—IT STILL gives you that dark edge that this author can write so well, but also gives you an emotional, raw, on the edge of your seat feeling.

You’d have to read it to see what I mean. ;) It binds your stomach up in knots but you take it because Lily White’s stories are phenomenal.

In this story you have Callan and Lisbeth. I really fell for these characters and their toxicity.

Gosh, the tension was there, made it
alana ♡
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dark-romance
This had potential to be better than what it was if it wouldn't have taken 75% of the book to get to what the actual plot was. Also, I wouldn't really slate this as a bully romance since the MC's are just flat out physically and mentally abusive towards each other for majority of this book. Most likely would not recommend this unless super dark romance is your jam.

tw: abuse, physical violence, murder, mention of rape, sex trafficking

Blog | Twitter
Keri Loves Books
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Totally consuming! I got lost in Callan and Lisbeth’s twisted love story. Callan is the ultimate bully worth fighting (or submitting) for.

Lisbeth has been gone for ten years. That night she fled with her mother is still a mystery. Now she's been lured back to her childhood home by her uncle when she finds herself completely alone,without a penny to her name. She has no idea that the boy she tormented for years is now the ruler of the family.

Callan wants revenge on Lisbeth for all the times she b
oritty: books and i (tilayov)
90595297-10158066608377733-3750331783208501248-o

i love symbolism in character's names: Lisbeth Rebel Rose - she is a queen; she fights, she blossoms and she has thorns!!

and we all need callan in our lives!!

Lisbeth was born privileged, she was the boss's beautiful and spoiled daughter but she was living in a golden cage with no control of her life except one: her servant boy she could do anything - throw things, humiliate him, make fun of him and he endured anything but he wouldn't give her the only thing she wanted: for him to look her in
Sissy's Romance Book Review
The Vanity of Roses by Lily White is the story of Lisbeth and Callan.
Lisbeth was a well off girl who had everything handed to her. Lisbeth loved to tease and torment Callan a servant boy at her Rose family home. But then something happened and she had to go on the run where life changed for her. But now several years later she is back to her roots at the Rose Family Home, but now the table has turned. Callan is the one who is in control who has rule over her. This is a dark tale of revenge alon
MBR
I have forgotten how I came across The Vanity of Roses by Lily White. Not that it matters, but I like remembering how a book came to my attention. Perhaps it has got something to do with the fact that this book promised to deliver a ruthless hero who in turn would give the story the angst that I so crave in my romance novels. But alas, all of what I was hoping for never did materialize in the story as I wanted it to.

The Vanity of Roses begins at a point where a tragic event takes place at the Ro
Kahea
***5 Stars***

Talk about a thin line between love and hate.

This baby took me on one hell of a ride, not surprising given who the author is, but Callan and Lisbeth definitely ramped up all the feels in me ~ the good, the bad and the ugly ~ as they sorted not only through their own wildly erratic emotions for each other, but the labyrinth of secrets and lies they’d been told all their lives.

Lisbeth is one strong woman. After all that she went through at the hands of those who should have prote
Jennifer Gauthier
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-books
This one has it all !!!! Angst, tension, betrayal, love, and above all Lilyness!!!

Lilyness always gets me. I think shes going one and whooppsss nope she veered the other way. Twice she Lillyed me in this book.

Callan and Lisbeth (which by the way LOVE that name) are cut from the same cloth. They both love fierce and hate firecly. Both thier characters are so strong and yet vulnerable at the same time. Together and apart they both grew in this story, finally finding thier true selves.

Lily also
Anne Milne
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You won't have read a enemies story like this it is a Lily White book after all so think the unthinkable.

I absolutely loved Lisbeth and Callan they have a twisted history that sets the tone for when they are reunited years later. Younger Lisbeth is annoying self entitled brat. Every time she opened her mouth I cringed and wanted to slap her. He may have been infatuated by her by how didn't retaliate I really don't know. When she comes home years later everything has changed and the fun begins.

C
Kitten
Jan 28, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3/3.5 stars

Considering this was almost a DNF for me in the first quarter of the book, I didn't have high hopes that it would get any better continuing further but there was something about this story that kept me going. Something that kept me curious about how it would all tie together and end for the characters. Luckily, that curiousity turned out to be a good thing because the story picked up and I really enjoyed the book once we got past the slow paced start.

Although it's not the best enemie
Farah Raslan
Jan 22, 2021 rated it it was ok
Im confused as to what was the story..
BLuvsBooks
A good enemies to love/ darkish read. I enjoyed the unique “bully” type plot and those cruel scenes had my stomach in knots.
Literati Literature Lovers
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!!! Loved it!!!

Author Lily White delivers another fantastic read with The Vanity of Roses. It is a crazy rollercoaster ride. It is edgy with dark undertones and crazy twists. It is a turbulent journey from enemies to lovers that is steamy, erotic and sexy AF with a dangerous, scary, intimidating alpha hero bent on revenge and so much more. Callan could teach me a lesson any time! I was hooked from start to finish.

The characters, Callan and Lisbeth are well developed and more than meets
Bookaholic
Tricia Bartley.  #AuthorStalker
Back up ladies....Callan Rose is mine...MINE..MINE!!! LOL

Lily White is at it again with her dark soul.. writing these amazing reads that keep us flipping those pages way into the night and then up sooo early to find out what is going to happen next.

Holy Hell I love reading her books. I never know if she is going to top her last book when I have already decided that it was now my fav Lily White book. Annnd then she goes and writes another Ahhhmazzzingg book and I have to change my mind and now s
Elizabeth
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a ride!! The Vanity of Roses by Lily White was full of hot scenes and dark moments. Callan is forever the love of my life. Lisbeth and Callan are the perfect match for each other. Callan was THE CUTEST (there I said it lol), when he was little the love he had for Lisbeth made me wish I had someone like that. Lisbeth was a strong character who we saw grow from a spoiled little princess to someone compassionate and selfless. LOVED this book!
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
“Have you ever fucked a man who couldn’t stand you? Have you ever been challenged by someone you hate?”

An intense connection, a sordid past, an explosion of love/hate fuckery. If you're looking for enemies-to-lovers, look no further. Lily White delivers an dangerously delicious fight till the very end.
Ri
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I am at the point now, that whatever this author writes I will read it. I don't care if it's trolls and ogres. I will read it. The way she crafts a story is sublime. Strong characters, an insane story that just keeps building and building, and decadent dark and delicious suspense.

I can't speak highly enough that she is crazy wicked good at her craft.
Selina
Feb 08, 2020 marked it as nopety-nopes
The h sounds like a pathetic useless woman.
Abby J Capps
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
”And yet, I still felt pulled toward a man who was so openly raw and carnal, to a soul that was darker than the lowest depths of the ocean, to a beast that lingered beneath the ridged muscle and the tempting flesh of a body and face too beautiful for words.”

This book ended up being so much more than I was expecting. I mean, I knew before reading that I would love their story— just from teasers.

Callan, was just wow! He’s was so complex. He was hard, angry, animalistic, dangerous and his presenc
Shelby
*I received a free copy to read & review for Wicked Reads*

Lily White is on FIRE! She is now my go-to, dark, sinfully suspenseful author. If she writes it, I will read it. Some books may be too dark for me, but I know they will always pull through to end on an amazing note. The Vanity of Roses was no exception.
This is the story about a servant's rise to the top.
This is the story of the top's fall to the bottom.
Sometimes the sins of the father fall onto the daughter...

When Lisbeth Rose comes ho
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please add page number 2 17 Mar 26, 2020 06:58PM

• Darker Than Love (Darker Than Love, #1)
  • Play Me
  • Bad Liar (The Reed Rivers Trilogy, #1)
  • Flame (Web of Desire, #2)
  • Just One Year
  • Beautiful Liar (The Reed Rivers Trilogy, #2)
  • Even If It Hurts
  • Revenge (Slay Quartet #3)
  • Sweeter Than Hate (Darker Than Love, #0.5)
  • Queen of Lies (Empire of Lies #2)
  • Poison
  • Titan's Addiction (Wall Street Titan, #2)
  • Australia
  • Beloved Liar (The Reed Rivers Trilogy, #3)
  • Once Upon a Pirate
  • Spark (Web of Desire, #1)
  • Delinquent Demons (Paranormal Prison)
  • Tortured Whispers
See top shelves…
Lily White is a bestselling author who likes to dabble on the dark side of romance. She is most known for her Masters Series, Target This, Wishing Well, and The Five.

When she isn’t writing as Lily White you can find other books by her under M.S. Willis where she has penned the Control Series, the Estate Series, and Because of Ellison (contemporary romance).

Lily enjoys stretching her writing musc

News & Interviews