Start by marking “The Vanity of Roses” as Want to Read:
The Vanity of Roses

The Vanity of Roses

Callan Rose.
That hadnt always been his name.
When we were children, he was nothing more than a servant boy in my family.

He was an amusement to me.
A nobody.
A weak soul who refused to fight back.
It was so easy to take advantage.

But then my father died, and I was stolen. The family moved on without me. Until I was penniless with no place to go.

I returned to the Rose Estate
Published March 17th 2020

Start your review of The Vanity of Roses
arini ☆彡
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was ok
this book is stupid, and apparently so am i. but theres a lesson to be learned from this whole experience: (1) love interest is a major determining factor in liking/disliking a book, and (2) i should consider quitting bully romanceswhich to be fair, i had no idea this book was going to resemble one.

so essentially our main leads grew up together in the Rose Estate where Callan (the H, 15 yo at the time) was the servant boy and Lisbeth (the h, 17 yo at the time) was the spoiled brat who berated
warhawke
Genre: Dark Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:
3.75 Stars

Throughout her life, Lisbeth Rebel Rose had been served with a silver platter. But one fateful night changed everything she ever knew. After years on the run, she thought shed finally be back to where she belonged. But her return home was met by a hostile welcome from Callan who was nowhere near the boy she used to know.

The sadist in me loved it when Callan unleashed his darker side. It got me excited when he behaved
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***5 "Be careful what you wish for..." stars***

!!!AVAILABLE NOW!!!

"Forgiveness is difficult when the ego refuses to bow down, and absolution is impossible when we're chained to a refusal to accept sin.
Are any of us ever truly blameless?"

Is it possible after only two books to love a writer so fiercely??? I believe that Lily White had become one of my unicorn authors in such a short time and i want to read everything by her!!! Everything!!!
I can tell that this book wasn't so dark and painful
Kim BookJunkie
For so many years, she had been the pinnacle of beauty in my world, even if her behavior never matched the fairness of her skin.

As a teen, Lisbeth treated servant boy Callan like dirt. When an unexpected tragedy strikes, Lisbeth is forced to go into hiding. When she returns to her family home years later, Callan is in control, and hes ready to have his retribution.

After reading my description above, you probably assume that the former enemies reunite and fall madly in love, but things are
Louise H  -  ⭐ Life in the Book Lane Reviews ⭐
He wasn't just beautiful in the traditional sense, he was exquisite. As if a sculptor had spent months chiseling marble to create the perfect masculine form, but then a painter came in to sweep deep shadows across him.

The Vanity of Roses is a fast-paced, twisty and totally captivating read.

With a Lily White book I know I'm always guaranteed a great read, yet no two books ever seem to be the same. The Vanity of Roses is a dark tinged romantic suspense, packed full of intrigue, secrets and
Bookgasms Book Blog
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Vanity of Roses is Lily White at her finest. This story combined the edgy darkness that I live for in her stories but with an added emotional depth I never saw coming. I loved Callan and Lisbeth. Their spitfire banter, heated anger, past history and intense connection could not be denied. The sparks alone between them were combustible but seeing them both go head to head was the icing on the cake. This novel was the perfect enemies to lovers story!!

Gah! What I loved more than anything was
Carvanz
Wow! Talk about gut wrenching! This book tore through me in every way possible!

When you cant love, you hate. When you cant have, you want. And when the truth is too painful to admit, you lie - just like we always had done.

Image result for white rose

As teenagers, Lisbeth was the spoiled princess with Callan as her servant boy. She used him for her enjoyment and discarded him just as quickly. Callan, on the other hand, was entranced with her, despite the abuse he suffered at her will. But a brutal night and a decade
Mirjam
Feb 02, 2020 rated it liked it

Lisbeth Rose, 17, is the typical rich spoiled brat with nothing to do but bully, mistreat her servant boy, Callan, 15, with her most favourite passing time was to belittled him to the amusement of herself and her friends, but than Lisbeth disappears with her mother.

Fast forward 10 years, Callan is now a Rose and is re-united with Lisbeth. He is thrilled to finally be able to get his revenge Every word shed spoken was a price she would pay, a debt I would extract for a particular value until the
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Trust lily to take a simple story, and add twists to it like thorns are to Roses. She makes this love story hurt and cut with her intentional cruel scenes and ruthless turn of fates of the main characters. It's like a Russian roulette of pride. She creates a worker and his princess, very clearly defined roles in the first chapter, then turns the tables and this becomes a vindictive tale of revenge. The mission- To usurp wealth as a means of power.
"A boy made a slave.
A slave treated as a beaten
CC
3.75 ★

Up until the age of 15, Callan lived at the Rose estate as a maids son. Infatuated with Lisbeth Rose, the 17-year old daughter and heir apparent to the Rose fortune, Callan always watched her, but she always spurned him. After a fatal event, roles changed and a decade later, Callan emerged as a fighter. But when Lisbeth returns home, it causes another shift for the Rose family.

Youd do well to mind your manners in this house. Id hate for you to learn what happens to petty little brats who
Keri Loves Books
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Totally consuming! I got lost in Callan and Lisbeths twisted love story. Callan is the ultimate bully worth fighting (or submitting) for.

Lisbeth has been gone for ten years. That night she fled with her mother is still a mystery. Now she's been lured back to her childhood home by her uncle when she finds herself completely alone,without a penny to her name. She has no idea that the boy she tormented for years is now the ruler of the family.

Callan wants revenge on Lisbeth for all the times she
Orit Tylayov
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
90595297-10158066608377733-3750331783208501248-o

i love symbolism in character's names: Lisbeth Rebel Rose - she is a queen; she fights, she blossoms and she has thorns!!

and we all need callan in our lives!!

Lisbeth was born privileged, she was the boss's beautiful and spoiled daughter but she was living in a golden cage with no control of her life except one: her servant boy she could do anything - throw things, humiliate him, make fun of him and he endured anything but he wouldn't give her the only thing she wanted: for him to look her in
ashbookarazzi
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Vanity of Roses by Lily White to me was some what different to her other booksIT STILL gives you that dark edge that this author can write so well, but also gives you an emotional, raw, on the edge of your seat feeling.

Youd have to read it to see what I mean. ;) It binds your stomach up in knots but you take it because Lily Whites stories are phenomenal.

In this story you have Callan and Lisbeth. I really fell for these characters and their toxicity.

Gosh, the tension was there, made it
Sissy's Romance Book Review
The Vanity of Roses by Lily White is the story of Lisbeth and Callan.
Lisbeth was a well off girl who had everything handed to her. Lisbeth loved to tease and torment Callan a servant boy at her Rose family home. But then something happened and she had to go on the run where life changed for her. But now several years later she is back to her roots at the Rose Family Home, but now the table has turned. Callan is the one who is in control who has rule over her. This is a dark tale of revenge
Kahea
***5 Stars***

Talk about a thin line between love and hate.

This baby took me on one hell of a ride, not surprising given who the author is, but Callan and Lisbeth definitely ramped up all the feels in me ~ the good, the bad and the ugly ~ as they sorted not only through their own wildly erratic emotions for each other, but the labyrinth of secrets and lies theyd been told all their lives.

Lisbeth is one strong woman. After all that she went through at the hands of those who should have
Anne Milne
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You won't have read a enemies story like this it is a Lily White book after all so think the unthinkable.

I absolutely loved Lisbeth and Callan they have a twisted history that sets the tone for when they are reunited years later. Younger Lisbeth is annoying self entitled brat. Every time she opened her mouth I cringed and wanted to slap her. He may have been infatuated by her by how didn't retaliate I really don't know. When she comes home years later everything has changed and the fun begins.

Jennifer Gauthier
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-books
This one has it all !!!! Angst, tension, betrayal, love, and above all Lilyness!!!

Lilyness always gets me. I think shes going one and whooppsss nope she veered the other way. Twice she Lillyed me in this book.

Callan and Lisbeth (which by the way LOVE that name) are cut from the same cloth. They both love fierce and hate firecly. Both thier characters are so strong and yet vulnerable at the same time. Together and apart they both grew in this story, finally finding thier true selves.

Lily also
Tricia Bartley.  #AuthorStalker
Back up ladies....Callan Rose is mine...MINE..MINE!!! LOL

Lily White is at it again with her dark soul.. writing these amazing reads that keep us flipping those pages way into the night and then up sooo early to find out what is going to happen next.

Holy Hell I love reading her books. I never know if she is going to top her last book when I have already decided that it was now my fav Lily White book. Annnd then she goes and writes another Ahhhmazzzingg book and I have to change my mind and now
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Have you ever fucked a man who couldnt stand you? Have you ever been challenged by someone you hate?

An intense connection, a sordid past, an explosion of love/hate fuckery. If you're looking for enemies-to-lovers, look no further. Lily White delivers an dangerously delicious fight till the very end.
Abby J Capps
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
And yet, I still felt pulled toward a man who was so openly raw and carnal, to a soul that was darker than the lowest depths of the ocean, to a beast that lingered beneath the ridged muscle and the tempting flesh of a body and face too beautiful for words.

This book ended up being so much more than I was expecting. I mean, I knew before reading that I would love their story just from teasers.

Callan, was just wow! Hes was so complex. He was hard, angry, animalistic, dangerous and his presence
Shelby
*I received a free copy to read & review for Wicked Reads*

Lily White is on FIRE! She is now my go-to, dark, sinfully suspenseful author. If she writes it, I will read it. Some books may be too dark for me, but I know they will always pull through to end on an amazing note. The Vanity of Roses was no exception.
This is the story about a servant's rise to the top.
This is the story of the top's fall to the bottom.
Sometimes the sins of the father fall onto the daughter...

When Lisbeth Rose
Ruthie Taylor
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

Be warned this is dark - really what else would you expect from the very talented (and seemingly sadistic) Lily White. It takes a long journey to the point where the secrets start to flow, but there is plenty to keep up the tension and shock along the way.

Initially we hear Callan's voice, and his take on what happened a decade ago - it is shocking, and undoubtedly makes him the sympathetic character from the start.
Bookaholic
S.M. Harshell
**I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.**

Growing up Lisbeth treated Callan like dirt. He was the servants son and she treated him like he was. Lisbeth made Callan the butt of her jokes with her friends, he was laughed at, made to look like a fool. When her father was killed she was taken away by her mother that same night. Held safe, her mother said. For ten years she was gone in that time Callan was adopted by her uncle now bearing the Rose name. He was now
AJ's book-reMarks
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lisbeth Rose a rich girl who's parents raised her like a princess but she had no respect for others and that included the servants who worked for her family, Callan and his mom were just a few of those servants. Callan was often ridiculed & bullied for not showing emotions or speaking. Beaten most of his life he became a fighter in and out of the ring. Callan Rose enters the ring knowing that only one person will survive the fight, one will receive a night with a sex slave with the other ...more
Kandace Denys (bookish_kayy)
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
White slayed me again with this one.
The servant boy and his revenge? The spoiled girl and her downfall? Just amazing.
This author has easily climbed my list of favorites with the worlds she crafts, the twists and turns, and the utter chaos she weaves in these pages.
The supporting cast is easily as memorable as the main characters, and with that being said, I LOVED Gretchen. The wisdom she imparts as Lisbeth deals with her struggles. The way she wasnt afraid of Callan, but respected him fiercely.
Amber  (caffeinated_books)
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I knew his brand of violence, but not all forms of it, and to crave what he could deliver only made me sick in the head.

Lisbeth was born and raised on a pedestal. Her family rich and wealthy, looking down upon those who serve them. Callan is Lisbeths own personal servant boy, one who she purposefully uses and abuses for her own personal satisfaction.

One bloody night changes both of their lives forever and their roles are reversed...secrets and lies can only bind a family so tightly before the
Jenny
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book had me pulled into this story from the beginning until the end. Lisbeth and Callen have a bad past with each other. Their angry banter back and forth was combustible. When the tables turn who can come out on top? Will both or neither? This story was so amazing. Everything that I have came to love about this author and her books was in this story.
Spunky N Sassy
Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Great Book

I was hooked from the beginning and I couldnt put it down. This book is definitely a must read. It was definitely worth the read.
Kelly
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it, 6-stars
This book was 44 chapters long and I wish there was more!
Callan is a servants son in the Rose mansion and he is often beaten down by the inhabitants. His eyes are always on Lisbeth Rebel Rose, he watches her silently and from a distance.
A tragic event begins a violent and chaotic 10 years. Until these two meet again. Then the violence is magnified and the roles that were once set in stone are now blurred.
This story was flawless and raw, beautiful and horrific, and steamy and brutal. The
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please add page number 2 15 Mar 26, 2020 06:58PM

• Poison
  • Stealing Cinderella
  • Mine (Ties that Bind, #1)
  • Twice a Wish (Goddess Isles, #2)
  • All the Truths (Lies & Truths Duet, #2)
  • Mating Theory
  • All the Lies (Lies & Truths Duet, #1)
  • Sweet Chaos (Love and Chaos, #2)
  • In Fury Lies Mischief (Midnight Mayhem, #2)
  • Slow Dancing
  • The Free (The Wild, #2)
  • Pike (The Pawn Duet, #1)
  • Legacy of Lies (Empire of Lies, #3)
  • Once A Myth (Goddess Isles, #1)
  • Under His Rule
  • The Sinner (Haven Grace Prep, #1)
  • Stolen Soulmate (Crowne Point #2)
  • Creeping Beautiful (Creeping Beautiful, #1)
Lily White is a bestselling author who likes to dabble on the dark side of romance. She is most known for her Masters Series, Target This, Wishing Well, and The Five.

When she isnt writing as Lily White you can find other books by her under M.S. Willis where she has penned the Control Series, the Estate Series, and Because of Ellison (contemporary romance).

Lily enjoys stretching her writing

News & Interviews