Start by marking “The Third Call (The O'Connells, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Third Call (The O'Connells, #2)

(The O'Connells #2)

Deputy Marcus O’Connell is blindsided one night after a series of calls comes in from an unknown number, and the caller on the other end is a child. All he knows is she’s six years old, her name is Eva, and there’s someone in her house who wants to hurt her.

Marcus is the ultimate bad boy turned deputy. He knows everything about how to get away with something, considering
Published February 29th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Third Call, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Third Call

Start your review of The Third Call (The O'Connells, #2)
Catlou
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The second book in this series is an intense drama filled with emotions dealing with the frustrations of a broken system that leaves a young mother and child homeless and a lone man abandoned by those in authority who should have had his back. When justice takes a harsh turn, trying to make things right, Marcus finds that not only does his family have his back, but someone he has loved for a long time is ready to step in to help him.

This is a fast-paced story that will tug at your heartstrings
Susan Jordens
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is going to be a great series. In this second story Marcus finds himself searching for a young girl who needs help however he never imagined what would happen when he found her. So much drama and tension in this intriguing and addictive story.

What a well written and absorbing book which I thoroughly enjoyed and recommend.
Karen L Ledee
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 ***** stars. New family series that is more suspenseful than the Friessens. Deputy Marcus answers a 911 call from scared 6 year old Eva. When he finally finds her, the situation is not what he was expecting. When a Good Samaritan tries to offer a safe place for a homeless mother and daughter, things just spiral down. It’s interesting how the story unravels and how people are misunderstood. Unfortunately, life is not always fair. They find out the hard way. Well written!
I voluntarily read and
Kathy
Really good addition to the series! This was a more suspenseful read than normal from Ms. Eckhart but really good. This series seems to have a little more edge to it than the Friessens. It's a really good expansion of her repertoire. This story was heartbreaking in lots of ways but did end with a HEA. Can't wait to read more about the O'Connells.
I received a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review it.

Bev
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Marcus is the deputy sheriff of his town and loves his job. He is covering everything on the sly for his sheriff who lost his wife recently and isn't coping well. Charlotte runs the office. When calls come in from a frightened little girl, Marcus races to her aid, but where is she? They eventually track down the cell phone call from Eve. A small town. A scared little girl. A man with a gun. A small cabin deep in the woods. This book was a wonderful story.
Chris
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book! Hard to put down once I started. Enjoyed having the family be a part of the book! Looking forward to more.
Norine Fry
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was hard to put down. The Friessen family was great but the O’Connells are even better.
karen j kice
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you haven't read a book by Lorhainne Eckhart you are missing out!

The Third Call is the second book in "The O'Connells" series and further introduces you to the family members and the close knit family that functions well together even though each person has their own distinct personalities. I'm anxious to start book three. Don't miss out on the way this author can bring you into the family's life as if you've been neighbors in this small town your whole life.
Yvonne Cruz
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing

This multifaceted author once again delivers a thought provoking and action filled story.
Be aware that though this is the second book in the O’Connell series, it’s definitely a standalone, so no worries if you haven’t read book one.
This time the O’Connell we get to meet is Marcus. The middle child and the once bad boy who’s now lead deputy in his town.
Calls to 911 come in different varieties. Sometimes they are prank calls, but when the same caller, this time a child, dials 911 not twice but th
JigsawGirl
Aug 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story was hearbreaking, painful, sad, suspenseful, and ultimately hopeful. It touched accurately on so many subjects that are currently at the forefront of society. A lot of bang for your buck is packed into this fairly short audiobook, 3 hrs and 21 min.

I listened to the audiobook. The story grabbed my attention immediately. It often, almost breathlessly, held my attention. It pushes to the forefront that we are all one incident away the life changing moments. A set of circumstances can occ
Rebmay
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book masterfully interweaves several hot button topics from modern life (the health care system, mental health, and homelessness to name a few). It evokes feelings of anger, sympathy and even shock. A scared little girl and her calls for help are the catalyst to a situation that quickly spirals out of control and ends in tragedy. Marcus O’Connell is the deputy Sheriff who responds to 6 year old Eva’s calls for help. He is desperate to find her after hearing she is frightened by the man with ...more
Sharon Grow
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A thrilling second visit with the O’Connell family in Livingston, Montana. Deputy Marcus O’Connell receives several 911 calls from a six-year old girl. She is with her mother, but scared and wants him to come get her. With help from his dispatcher, Charlotte Roy, he is able to locate the girl, but then things go terribly wrong. Marcus can’t believe what should have been a wellness check has turned in to a life and death situation. He has loved Charlotte for years even though they have only share ...more
Lee Simpson
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: popsugar2020
The second book in the O'Connell family series did not disappoint! True to the nature of other series written by this author, you really get to know each of the members of the family. When you are finished reading their story you feel like you have known them all you life. The family connection that runs through this series, like with her other series, makes you want to get to know them better and makes you want to be a part of that connection. Another very well written story! I can not wait for ...more
Robin Lee
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is the second in a new series, although it can be read as a stand-alone. I am thoroughly enjoying the dynamic of the O’Connell family and hope that this series will continue for a long time. In this book, Marcus O’Connell who is a sheriff’s deputy receives a phone call from a six year old girl who appears to be in danger. If’s difficult for him to determine the situation as the girl keeps hanging up. By the third call he is convinced and is determined to find out the situation. Things ...more
Val Woolley
Apr 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Marcus O Connell is member of a large family,his job is deputy Sheriff he takes job seriously but very professionally.things change when they keep receiving calls from a 6 year old girl named Eve.this give him problems and he needs to challenge the end results.Charlotteis the one that got away they work together but he will not take the affair any further till she sorted her husband and her living accommodation out. This book deals with life problems and situations.Hope this family are going to ...more
Carmela Dimattia
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book really had me on the edge of my seat from beginning to end. It was so good an I could not put it down because I had to know what was happening to Eva and her mother. Lorhainne eckhart has fast become a favourite author and I truly love the way her mind thinks. Not what I would normally read but this book reels you in and does not stop until you finish reading the last page. Cannot wait to read more in this series.

I received an arc copy and am voluntarily leaving an honest review
Debora Barker
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Third Call

I have already fallen in love with the O'Connell Series and Family! Marcus is such a great and caring Deputy! I am beyond happy that Marcus and Charlotte are now together and they taking care of Reine's little girl, Eva! I am so ready for Book 3, Lorhainne Eckhart!
Teri Rainey
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
It’s been awhile since I have read anything of hers since the Frissens series so I was glad to have something new to pick up. This is an ver good drama that covers a lot of daily struggles of mental illness, homelessness, healthcare, etc . A short read with a good story line.
Tracey Tranter
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and the series.

This author never disappoints.

The storyline showed a lot of care and compassion for people

Can’t wait for the next one

I received an author’s copy and have left an honest review
Linda Zelinsky
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A truly emotional and action packed story. This book hit it close to our society today. Really enjoyed this book and looking forward to the next book in the series.
Sharon
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Read in epub format on my Nook.
Nicole Dunton
Apr 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Date Started: 4/1/21
Date Finished: 4/1/21
Rating: 4 of 5

Book Title: The Third Call
Author: Lorhainne Eckhart
Pages: 170

Note: This is book two in the series. The series can be read as standalone books. I have a review for Hometown Hero which is book seven in the series.

This book isn’t based on a true story, but it is really realistic. There are many topics it addresses that most movies, television shows, and books gloss over or glamorize. I’m very happy that this one didn’t. I love that we get a g
Tasha Mahoney
What starts with a phone call to the Sheriffs station by a little girl takes the listener on an emotional journey that had tears in my eyes more than once. From start to finish the story held my focus. The plot is a journey and the writing was such, that I felt immersed into the plot.

I liked the wide range of different characters, and how the story touched upon what bought them all to that point in their lives. Some of these histories made my heart ache.

Despite a lot of deep issues touched on
Patty
Apr 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The O'Connells, Book 2
By: Lorhainne Eckhart
Narrated by: Eric Umstott, Shannon Cook

There are some books that hit your heart, and Marcus's story did just that to me. As deputy, he takes his job extremely seriously, and an emergency call from a 4 year old in need of help has him on the job. What he finds is a woman and child, left homeless and helpless by our broken system with a man who appears to be dangerous. But is he? What Marcus finds is heart wrenching and truly shows what inc
Trisha c
Apr 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This all started with a 911 call from a child. Was it a prank? A mistake? Will the child call back? Was there really a danger? That is what deputy Marcus O'Connell is worried about. When he received the third call,Marcus puts himself in danger to save this mother and child. This story about the complexity and psyche of a man in a desperate situation.
Lorhainne Eckhart story is emotional, full of angst, and drama, that not only surrounds Marcus and Charlotte, but also the other members of the O'C
Serenechaosnyc
Apr 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
I loved how this book started and progressed- it was full of action. Marcus is a deputy who is trying to save a young girl who has called 3 times to get help. The romance felt really secondary and a little anti-climactic given the excitement of the initial half of the book. It is short and a fast listen and It held fast to my attention.

The duet narration of the audiobook was also quite excellent. Eric Umstott and Shannon Cook did fantastic playing the multiple characters, including a child and t
Suzie
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book Two - The O'Connells

This story ended too quickly -as did the first Book in the series . It definitely kept me reading and the story is a good one involving the O'Connell family and Charlotte who works at the jail. The story revolves around a young 6 year old child who calls 911 three times and is terrified. You'll feel like you're there as they try to find and rescue her. A recommended read by a talented author.
Jeanne Loidolt
Nov 17, 2020 rated it liked it
A short glimpse of one member of the O’Connells

Inside perspective of a sheriff’s deputy on the job. Emotional description of a good man of character trying to right an impossible situation playing out with the deputy in the center. Not much character development and just a surface coverage of one member of the O’Connell family. The plot appears to have an interesting foundation but this interim segment does not merit a separate book to wring more money from a reader.
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Jan 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
Marcus is a deputy who is holding down the fort literally when a call comes in from a little girl. Something is wrong but she hangs up before he can get any information. He has no idea where she is but with the help from Eve he is able to pin point where she is. Will he get to her in time and who is the man that is in the cabin that has frightened her? This story will keep you glued to the pages from start to finish!
Jutta
Apr 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I always find it tricky to say I enjoyed something with this kind of subject matter. The story was interesting and kept me hooked and I really like the characters. I really wanted to know what was going to happen and how everything would turn out. Shannon Cook and Eric Umstott did a great jobs with the narration. I love it when I get so focused on the characters and forget I'm listening to a narrator. ...more

• Ruthless Stranger (Mafia Wars #1)
  • A Bad Day for Sunshine (Sunshine Vicram, #1)
  • Dangerous King
  • Color Me Smart (The Monroes #2)
  • The Billionaire Rocks
  • Second Chance SEAL (Sunset SEALs Book 2)
  • Jack Daniel’s (It's all in the Whiskey, #3)
  • Kerrick (The Mavericks, #1)
  • Southern Heat Series Collection: A Small Town Romance
  • Bryce (Sexton Brothers, #2)
  • Woman On The Run
  • Just One Promise (The Carter Brothers #3)
  • It Must Be Your Love (Seattle Sullivans #3; The Sullivans #11)
  • The Bad Boy's Secret Romance
  • SEAL Justice (Brotherhood Protectors, #13)
  • Accidental Shield (Marriage Mistake, #6)
  • Oceans Apart Series Collection
  • After Her Fake Fiancé (Svensson Brothers, #5)
"Lorhainne Eckhart is one of my go to authors when I want a guaranteed good book. So many twists and turns, but also so much love and such a strong sense of family."
 (Lora W. Reviewer)

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3m2c0At
Facebook: https://bit.ly/3k6nP6z
Twitter: https://twitter.com/LEckhart
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/lorhainneec...

New York Times & USA Today bestseller Lorhainne Eckhart writes R

The O'Connells (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Neighbor (The O'Connells, #1)
  • The Secret Husband (The O'Connells, #3)
  • The Quiet Day (The O'Connells, #4)
  • The Commitment (The O'Connells, #5)
  • The Missing Father (The O'Connells, #6)
  • The Hometown Hero (The O'Connells, #7)
  • Justice (The O'Connells, #8)
  • The Family Secret (The O'Connells, #9)
  • The Fallen O'Connell (The O'Connells, #10)
  • The Return of the O'Connells (The O'Connells, #11)