Start by marking “Their Dying Breath” as Want to Read:
Their Dying Breath

Their Dying Breath

Discover a crime thriller full of shocking twists by one of the most exciting authors you’ll read this year.

A MURDERER TERRORIZES LONDON

Detectives Ray Paterson and Johnny Clocks attend the scene of a brutal murder on the banks of the River Thames.

Someone’s head is found with a star carved into their forehead. The rest of their body is buried in the mud.

The next day the
Kindle Edition
Published February 11th 2020 by Joffe Books

To ask other readers questions about Their Dying Breath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Their Dying Breath

Start your review of Their Dying Breath
Louise Wilson
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Paterson and Clocks #5

A head has been found on the banks of the Thames with a star carved I to the forehead. The rest of the torso is buried in mud. The following day, a live-stream shows a man who is locked in a box. He has a star carved into his forehead. The man was then drowned whilst still in the box. With another two men being murdered on live TV, and two more killed in the next few hours, detectives Paterson and Clocks have to race against time to solve this case.

I do like this police
Lou
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Their Dying Breath is the fifth instalment in the series featuring Detectives Ray Paterson and Johnny Clocks of the Homicide and Major Crime Command unit in Bermondsey, London, and is yet another solid police procedural to add to Steve Parker’s resume. Each book can be read as a standalone as the central thread of the plot is always contained to that particular novel. A mutilated body is discovered buried up to its head in a vertical sandy grave. It's right on the banks of the River Thames and a ...more
Linda Strong
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it

Detectives Ray Paterson and Johnny Clocks are back for another romp on the banks of the River Thames.

Paterson and Clocks are called to investigate when a man's body is found ... his entire body buried except for his head. There is a star carved into their head.

The next day a live stream show reveals a man imprisoned in a box who also has a star carved on his forehead. Cause of death -drowned while he was in the sealed box.

These are not the only men who are murdered while in a sealed box with
Denise Zendel
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A series of grisly deaths involving Muslim men faces DS Ray Paterson and his partner, DI Johnny Clocks, in the fifth outing of this dark, gritty, disturbing, compelling British police procedural. The deaths of a few of the men are livestreamed, and the cops can’t figure out how to stop it or save the men. Paterson and Clocks race against time trying to figure out how the victims are connected and how to keep more people from dying.

Parts of this were a hard read for me, as the scenes are so
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am so impressed with this author's writing - what a brilliant story! It's cleverly thought out and totally compelling. I love, love, LOVED it!!!
I really enjoy this genre and in all of my favourite genres I have my go-to authors. Steve Parker is now one of those authors.
My heart rate was up and down like a yo-yo, and no way could I have read this book in public - due to me crying with laughter! I love Ray Paterson and Johnny Clocks and the good-humoured banter that bounces back and forth
Books 'n' All  Promotions
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My review will be posted as part of the Blog tour
Sharon Rimmelzwaan
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The fifth book in the Paterson and Clocks series which is yet another fab police precedural from Steve Parker. You don't have to have read the other books in order to enjoy this one but I love having getting to know the characters and I enjoy the book more because I know each character and their idiosyncrasies.
This story starts with a mutilated body being discovered buried up to its head in a vertical sandy grave. It's right on the banks of the River Thames and a cryptic ”star” has been etched
Marion
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
DS Ray Paterson and DI Johnny Clocks find themselves presented with the body of a man buried up to his neck on the banks of the Thames. His Eyes had been taped open so he could watch as the tide came in and drowned him.
No sooner does their investigation get underway when a live feed takes over the airwaves, a man captive in a box, a timer counting down the minutes.
So the race begins to discover where the box is buried and rescue him before its too late!
Paterson and Clocks throw themselves into
Linda
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Yet another excellent Steve Parker novel, and a great return for Paterson and Clocks. The rough and ready pair always deliver a huge amount of excitement and suspense. This time they are presented with a case of trying to find men being buried alive and capture the individual responsible. As always, this is not an easy crime to solve and the pair have a race against time to save the victims from certain death and prevent more being murdered.

The ending is an extremely fast paced and thrilling
Nerys Roberts
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Muslim man is found buried on the banks of the Thames with a heart carved into his forehead. He’d been left there to wait for the tide to come in - waiting to drown. Ray Paterson and John Clocks and their team are on the case. Then the morning news is disrupted and shows the feed from a box where another Muslim man is lying. There’s a timer on the screen - it’s the countdown to the tide coming in and drowning him. Paterson and Clocks try to identify the victims and what connects them. Their ...more
Susan Angela Wallace
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Their dying breath by Steve Parker.
The next day the airwaves are hacked. A live-stream shows a man imprisoned in a box. He also has a star cut into his head.
Then the man is drowned alive in the box.
TWO MORE MEN ARE MURDERED ON LIVE TV, TWO MORE WILL DIE WITHIN HOURS
Paterson and
booklover BEV
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Paterson and Clocks series just gets better and better. Oh wow what a book . London on the banks of the River Thames. A head is discovered with a star carved on the forehead the body is tied up and gagged going by the victims name of Yousef Salem who's a Muslim. This is going to be one headline grabber. I love reading this series its got such added sense of humour from this couple as they work along side each other at Tower Bridge police station. I was straight into this murder with added ...more
Michelle Debnam
Feb 06, 2020 marked it as to-read
Someone is targeting the Muslim Community., first choice for Ray Paterson and Johnny Clocks are a far right group who despise many for which the police would love to imprison many of its members but when it becomes clear it is not them it then becomes a race to locate the perpetrator before more turn up dead

Thank you to Netgalley and Joffe Books for the advance read
Greta Halliday
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another fast paced thriller in this fascinating series featuring detectives Ray Patterson and the love or hate Johnny Clocks. This series has it all, complex relationships, action in abundance and humour and wit between the two men along with cracking plausible plots. Thanks to Joffe Books for giving me the opportunity to read this book.
Carol
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You can't go wrong with a Paterson and Clocks book. This is a gritty police procedural that has a twisted killer. The Muslim community is being targeted in this book and it's pretty gruesome. This isn't for the faint of heart.
Lesley Kay
Francie Grice
Kim
is currently reading it
Feb 13, 2020

• Hidden on the Fens (Detective Nikki Galena #11)
  • Murder in Disguise
  • Hillary's Back! (DI Hillary Greene, #18)
  • No Obvious Cause: a gripping crime mystery (The Dublin Murder Mysteries, #2)
  • Trap Door
  • The Truth About Murder
  • Demons (Detective Jason Smith book 11)
  • A Mother's Journey: Book 1 in the Yorkshire Blitz Trilogy
  • Copycat
  • The Keeper (DS Jenna Morgan #1)
  • He Knows Your Secrets
  • Murder on the Marsh (DI Sam Clayton, #1)
  • Thief River Falls
  • Silent Crimes
  • The Liar (Mike Croft, #4)
  • No Simple Death
  • Glittering Death: An Alyssa Chalmers mystery
  • MURDEROUS SECRETS (DS Ava Merry and DI Jim Neal, #6)