Start by marking “The Book of the Rune (Vesik #13)” as Want to Read:
The Book of the Rune (Vesik #13)

The Book of the Rune

(Vesik #13)

A haunted mage. A weapon lost. Sometimes, the dead return
To save a life, Zola must find an anchor to transfer a blood knot of untold power, and she knows exactly who to turn to. An old ally, Ward, is gifted in the ancient arts and may hold the key to Vesiks salvation.

With his team by his side, Ward embarks on a quest through the outskirts of The Golden City, which is
Kindle Edition
Published January 30th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Book of the Rune, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book of the Rune

Start your review of The Book of the Rune (Vesik #13)
Alan Boggs
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Book

This is an excellent addition to the entire series. I would recommend you start with Days Gone Bad the first book in the series, so that you do not miss anything in this terrific series. All the books are well written and have plenty of action and intrigue. This book is no exception. It is a quick read with a lot packed into it. Definitely worth a read.
Angela
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just keeps getting better

The more I read this series, the more I learn. I love that each book is a glimpse into the characters and their lives. Don't get me wrong, I love Damian! But, it's nice to read about some of the behind the scenes type of stuff. I do miss Damian though. I really hope things turn out well for him. I'm ready to start the next installment!
Jackie
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This might be the thirteenth book, but if possible, each one gets better. Once I started, I was hopelessly addicted. Dont miss out. ...more
Steven
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Friends into Foes

The war versus Gwynn ap Nudd continues as does the attempt to save the necromancer, Damian Vesik, and those bound to him.  As part of the attempt, Ward continues the hunt for a particular coin to serve as the anchor for the ritual.  During the search, Ward encounters his former apprentice, Heather.  She has become an enemy, now using her considerable skills for Nudd and his dark allies.

The series continues to be a joy to read.  Recent installments have done a great deal to fill
Connie Fogg-Bouchard
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
playing more than one side against the other

Ward is in charge of finding the Ryo coin for the spell. Heather seems to have other plans. she has dug into the leylines and corrupted them, burying fae in them to add strength. her attacks against Ward and his companions is matched by her treachery to the human army into which she has placed spelled fae, ready to take down Park and Casper.

and Nudd sits back and smiles.

Eric is moving us into that position where all of his characters will meet to
Sandy
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
More action plus background on characters in the Vesik series.

This book gives you the action that you expect from the Vesik series as Ward goes to get the Rune. It is the last item that is needed for Zola and her team to keep Samantha and Vicki safe and hopefully rescue Damien. There are traps and dangers that keep you on the edge of your seat as Ward tries to retrieve the Rune and a shocking surprise.

I received an advanced reader's copy from the author. I am voluntarily reviewing this book.
Penny
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am constantly amazed at the storytelling by this author. Hes quite good at laying a foundation with great action and wonderful characters. In this one we find out more about what happened in the past which has ramifications on the present. I am happy (get it, happy? LOL!) to have found out more about Ward, Happy, and the Old Man. I think there are some surprises coming and I cant wait to see whats going to happen next. This is a must-read novella, and they are all a wonderful way to pass the ...more
Kristen Sanderson
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It just keeps getting better!

This is my favorite series. in this book, I really enjoyed getting a glimpse into Ward's story and personality. Overall, the story just keeps building. I thought it would be easier with a book coming out each month, but instead, it gets harder to wait as the story moves quickly to some major events. I miss Damien, but I love hearing from the rest of the crew. Definitely start at the beginning on this series. You wouldn't want to miss the fun or the sarcasm. Enjoy!
TE
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
I liked The Book of the Rune because we got to spend time with some of the Vesik series' "older" kick-butt heroes that we haven't heard from in a while. They've still got it and are willing to put it all on the line for their loved ones. This one also alludes there may be even more ominous plans in the works than they can imagine. Yikes! This is a quick, fun read.

For those who want to know: This one has a little language, a lot of violence but no sex.
Kate
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Book of the Rune

Dont forget your Aviator sunglasses, because youre gonna need them!
What do you do when the person who holds a high rank in your trust bank, deceives you?
This book brings Ward to the forefront on the latest in the Vesik Series.

I am lucky in that I get to read and review this book free of charge but I always purchase Eric Ashers books for my own personal collection
Wendy Schindler
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Vesik and the Misfits Rule!

Getting a look into the pasts of so many of the Vesik crew is awesome! The loyality, love and courage is truly amazing! There is a lot of heartbreak too, but such is the nature of war, supernatural or not. Eric has us all tied up in the past, present and futures of our heroes and I sure hope Team Vesik emerge victorious!
Nancy Gerber
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just getting better

Love these short books featuring one of Damians friends. Certain that there will be sadness and death ahead, but hopefully will end with Nudd being one of the dead.
Susan
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Book of Runes is the thirteenth book in the Vesick series. This book should not be read as a standalone. It is a short book that features Ward. There is violence and use of magic. I really enjoy these stories about the other series characters.
Mike Arthur
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Once again Eric Asher knocks it outta the park. A great fun read for a wild ride of action/emotions. If you haven't read any Vesik ..... 13 books is a nice binge read. :)
Sharon Hendrix
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

I can't wait until I can see where Eric is going with everyone's story on the way to saving Damian...On to the Burning Lands.
Lisa Guertin
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better and better! Wards book answers some questions but raises new ones. It was good seeing Edgar in full Mage Solis mode again and catching up with Parks and Casper. ...more
Jody
Jane
Feb 12, 2020
David Orlebeke
Mar 04, 2020

• Hurricane (The Phantom Queen Diaries #9)
  • The Book of the Staff (Vesik #12)
  • Saving Mr. K: A Montague & Strong Detective Story
  • Brimstone Kiss (The Phantom Queen Diaries)
  • Carnage (The Temple Chronicles #14)
  • The Golem (Montague & Strong Case Files #10)
  • Devil’s Blood (Shade of Devil Book 3)
  • The Book of the Sea (Vesik #11)
  • Devil's Cry (Shade of Devil Book 2)
  • Devil's Dream (Shade of Devil #1)
  • Blood Ascension: Rule of The Council-Book One
  • Druid Mystic: A New Adult Urban Fantasy Novel (The Colin McCool Paranormal Suspense Series Book 10)
  • Reaping Wind (Montague & Strong Case Files #9)
  • The Perfect Cup: A Montague & Strong Detective Story
  • Sea Breeze (The Phantom Queen Diaries, #8)
  • Morning Star (Sins of the Father Book 3)
  • Boys' Night (Way) Out (Alastair Stone Chronicles)
  • The Book of the Claw (Vesik #10)
Eric is a former bookseller, cellist, and comic seller currently living in Saint Louis, Missouri. A lifelong enthusiast of books, music, toys, and games, he discovered a love for the written word after being dragged to the library by his parents at a young age. When he is not writing, you can usually find him reading, gaming, or buried beneath a small avalanche of Transformers.

Vesik (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Days Gone Bad (Vesik, #1)
  • Wolves and the River of Stone (Vesik, #2)
  • Winter's Demon (Vesik, #3)
  • This Broken World (Vesik, #4)
  • Destroyer Rising (Vesik, #5)
  • Rattle the Bones (Vesik, #6)
  • Witch Queen's War (Vesik #7)
  • Forgotten Ghosts (Vesik #8)
  • The Book of the Ghost (Vesik #9)
  • The Book of the Claw (Vesik #10)

News & Interviews