Jump to ratings and reviews

In the Name of the Father

In the year 2196, the Republic is the sole surviving state of the new world. The Father rules the people. The Law aims to avoid the mistakes of the old world.

Religion is outlawed.

Electric fences separate citizens from other people.

Heath is born in one of the lawless sectors outside of the Republic and is brought up to resist it. Inspired to make a difference after his parents are killed, he joins a rebel group sourcing supplies for his community. Despite progress, Heath knows that his fight for freedom and salvation is a perpetual one and perhaps impossible.

Then two of Heath’s friends don’t return from a mission. Heath learns of a tunnel built under the fences, leading to the other side. But who built it? And why?

When the opportunity for liberation arises, the fate of the new world and the legacy of the old one hang in the balance. Heath and his people face a ruthless enemy, one even more merciless than before.

Can Heath look into his heart and find the trust and hope the new world needs — to take the ultimate risk?

A bold and gripping dystopian novel, In the Name of the Father is an inspiring story of love, transformation and the human spirit, transcending what it means to search for truth and fight for life.

And what it means to believe in something greater.

Dystopian Fiction/Suspense Thriller/Action & Adventure/Censorship & Politics

978 pages, Paperback

Published March 30, 2020

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Michael Francis McDermott

5 books7 followers
Author of the dystopian action-thriller, In the Name of the Father .

I've always had an enthusiasm for storytelling. I've written several novels in my life but In the Name of the Father is the only one I have ever released. It is also my first work in dystopian fiction.

In my spare time I enjoy history, live music, the gym, surfing, tennis and guitar.

Join my VIP list to receive exclusive content, news, cool videos, and updates. I'm looking forward to sharing an inside look at my writing world with you!

Facebook.com/MichaelFrancisMcDermott
Instagram.com/MichaelFrancisMcDermott
YouTube.com

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
2 stars
2 (4%)
1 star
4 (8%)

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.