Start by marking “Pretty, Dark and Dirty” as Want to Read:
Pretty, Dark and Dirty

Pretty, Dark and Dirty

Some lines should never be crossed.
But sometimes the temptation is too good to resist

Mason Black was everything to me: my father, my provider, my protector. But then one day, he vanished, leaving me lost and alone.

I was devastated.

Years later, just when I thought I had put the pieces of my life together, my world splintered apart again. Everything I thought I knew about my
Kindle Edition
Published February 21st 2020 (first published February 18th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Pretty, Dark and Dirty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pretty, Dark and Dirty

Start your review of Pretty, Dark and Dirty
Isabella.R
3 Unseemly Desire Stars ⭐

Oh Boy, I kind of feel as if I need a comfort blanket for this review.  You know when your angelic side is warring with your inner whore and you dont know who is going to come out on top?  I get that Im rambling but I kinda liked this book and I feel guiltybecause this book is fucking wrong on so many different levels.

Firstly, lets all read the authors warning together...

Please be aware that this novella contains detailed depictions of sexual activity within a highly
Lana Reads and Knits
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kink
3,5 stars. I think.

Wow, jeeez, what have I just read.

The writing was pretty good.
The story... Well. It was disturbing and hot at the same time (yeah, that combination probably says something about me).

One should keep the mind wiiiiide open for this read as it will push on some hard limits for most.
I'm not even sure I want to write this review as I'm still a bit torn. But here I am.

3,5 stars? For the writing and for the art I guess.
Would definitely read more by the author, maybe something
benevolent bastard
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
87280047_10157531272104022_6073699216767582208_o

This one was so very taboo and oh so dirty in content.
its quite a short read, novella-length and centres on Jett and Mason after they both reconnect after six years apart.
Jett now 18 wants to know just why Mason exited her life six years ago.
She is also dealing with the bombshell that Mason is not actually her biological father as she's been led to believe.
So as I mentioned earlier dirty and taboo also sexy and sensual with a massive dash of the forbidden fruit, what I didn't find was dark
Carla Bulian
Birjis
This book didn't feel extreme but kind of half put out. I like daddy kink romances but this one made me uncomfortable.

Jett's feelings for the man who was her father since birth changing just the moment she sees him after six years is absolutely astonishing. She recently learned Mason is not her biological father. She feels hurt and betrayed. Mason doesn't creep me, he is borderline older and handsome hero. Their first meeting, their conversations, their relationship had me totally concentrated
Crystal Bell
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
I either love or hate novellas. I have to say I loved this one. Very taboo. Maybe a hard limit for some people. This book has everything in it and didnt leave me asking why At the end like other novellas. ...more
Simran
3.5-4 Jetty and Mason stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐

In the end, maybe we were both monsters for wanting what was forbidden.

This book is by a new to me author. This year it seems Im trying many new authors and so far I have been surprised by all of them and thoroughly enjoyed them. This one was just as good. I know this taboo romance isnt for everybody. In the beginning I thought I wouldnt enjoy them or itll creep me out, turns out I thoroughly liked it. I believe it can be very difficult to write a story like
Puss'N'Books
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
pussnbooks logo
Reviewed by PussnBooks.net

Review by PussnBooks. Reviewing the darkest, most erotic and taboo books we can find. Click HERE for your next disturbingly sexy read.

Sometimes, when I start to read a Daddy book I cringe. I can usually tell in the first paragraph or two whether Im going to like it or not.
I love my Daddy books but I have certain requirements

It must be classy while still being naughty.

There must be a good back story for me to see into the characters personalities and reasons.

It has to
Kayla Brunson
Feb 10, 2020 rated it did not like it
Id fallen in love with the man who was once my father.

My disappointment is so real right now. I was so excited to go into this one because it was said to have DDLG elements and Im absolute trash for that. Once I started reading though, I didnt get what I was expecting.

I have no issues with taboo topics. Hell, Im super intrigued by them. So where did this go wrong for me? I felt as if the author kept wanting to remind you that this was taboo. While reading I almost felt myself thinking okay, we
ari_romancebooks
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
PRETTY, DARK & DIRTY BY MARGOT SCOTT

4 TABOO STARS

I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

As a reader this was my first taboo novel , by moments this book scared the S*hit out of me , but then I remind myself what kind of book i was reading and once that happened OH GOD WHAT A GREAT TIME I HAVE.

The chemistry was on point , Jett and Manson had an interesting road together , I believed their connection , I enjoyed their conversations and the sex was ON POINT 🔥
Jessica Alcazar
Erotically delicious, filthy dark, push all your buttons . Romance? Maybe. Im not quite set on what to call it, but I can tell you that the title of the book does not lie. This is an age-gap story at its base. That will automatically categorize it as taboo and forbidden. It is all that and a heck of a lot more! It is pretty, it is dark, and it is dirty. Do not expect anything less and do not assume it is anything other than that.

Im not going to go thru plot points with you, but if youre new to
Babel
Unusual and precious, this Daddy story goes beyond what I expected. It is written with elegance and emotion, and it is capable of dealing with a pretty much forbidden theme in a touching way.

Family secrets, art, taboo love and eroticism mingle in this romance between estranged father and daughter. Or so they seem. The female character has many questions about her origins but also about why her father left her when she was still young.

The reunion after years plunges them in the middle of
Q.B. Tyler
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMGGGGG. I cannot say enough good things about this unbelievably sexy novella. My only issue I had is that it wasnt a full length because I am salivating for more Jetty and Mason. This book is everything I want in a forbidden, taboo romance. A protective, possessive alpha and a shy yet sassy heroine wanting to do whatever it takes to break him. I swooned, I died all the deaths, and the words almost set my kindle on fire. Holy Margot Scott can write! I loved her words and how she sets a scene. My ...more
Kelly
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it, taboo
What a fantastic story about Daddy and his little girl. The emotions in this book were raw and vulnerable at times, and some of the scenes were hot and heavy.
This was a wicked little romance treat.
Pamela
Jett is an eighteen year old woman trying to find out about her past. Mason was called her father until she was twelve and then he just left her and her mother. She is visiting Mason after finding out the that he isn't her biological father. A relationship begins to develop between them that isn't anything like a parent/child. Will the couple be able to have a relationship without the past coming between them? A steamy taboo, age gap, kinky read.
Just a Little Reading & Reviewing
Quick Summary
18 year old Jetty is meeting with Mason, the man she grew up thinking was her father, after several years of silence from him. She thinks shes ready to get some answers as to why her mother completely cut him out of their lives, why he allowed her mother to keep them apart and why they both lied about her paternity.

What she ends up discovering is a lot of tragic family history and developing feelings for a man that the whole world would judge and condemn.

This book does deal with
Kari Davis
Wow! This is super dirty and very taboo. Its been a long time since I read a book that was like this. Margot Scott is a new author too me, which I love finding new authors. Her writing was good, but something just didn't click completely with me.

I was intrigued by the teaser and title, so I requested to read this. Once I got the blurb and cover, I knew this was going to be a book that Id have to brace myself for. I am not one to judge books and I dont have triggers so I dove in once it landed
Michelle
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow... this book really does live up to its title! This book had all the taboo feels!
I loved it.

Mason was the perfect dad until he walked out and never came back. 12 years past and Jetty was ready to find out what happened.
Jetty was looking for answers. And her mother wasnt telling her anything.

Mason was happy that Jetty came back to his life. But 12 years is a long time. And things have changed. Jetty is no longer that little girl anymore. Shes grown up now.

They crossed a line and they
Jenifer Briggs
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
April Symes
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Pretty, Dark & Dirty by Margot Scott is the story of Jett (Jetty) and Manson.
Jett and Manson had a familiar type relationship up until she was 12 then Manson just disappeared out of her life with no warning which broke her heart. Fast forward to now. Jett is 18, has just graduated HS and is in NYC to see Manson to find out why he left her life. The answer closes one door and opens another world between them.
Get ready for the heat, drama, angst, twists, attraction and romance to make this a
K.
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
This author is new to me, but I found this book entertaining, and will be looking into reading more from her in the future. This is the story of Mason, and Jett. For the first twelve years of her life, Jett thought of Mason as her father, but he leaves without a word, and when they meet again years later, she is aware he isn't, and their relationship evolves into a deeper place. This was an intriguing read, the book was taboo, dark, twisted, intense, emotional, and steamy.
Gabrielle
Feb 22, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: e-books, read-in-2020
Yikes

I enjoy really taboo shit for the most part. I dont mind a good age gap, stepdad/daddy kink book as much as the next girl but this. YIKES. I think that having someone raise you as an actual parent for your early childhood becoming your lover crossed a line that I dont think should be crossed. Especially if there is an element of "is he or isnt he my biological father." It's weird and icky. I think it's weird that we never got the MCs full name too. It was too fast to believe anything that
QuinnReads
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This novella is aptly named. This story is sweet, loving, dark, twisted, heartbreaking, mortifying, and steamy. The love between two people is challenged and it morphs so many times that it can be dizzying. I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Leslee
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is something about these kinds of stories, oh so naughty and guaranteed to bring plenty of drama. Mason, a famous artist and until she was twelve, was Jett's father. Then he vanished and Jett's mom wouldn't tell her anything. Years later, she discovers he was never her dad biologically but again Jett's mom won't divulge who is. Jett goes to visit Mason and find out the truth. He won't break her mother's confidence. All those years apart and Jett's hero worship of the man who made her feel ...more
Heather
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2020
Totally hot and taboo read! I really liked it and definitely recommend it!
Kayla Pocernich
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mason Black means everything to Jett because he is my father, provider, and my protector. But all of sudden he ups and leaves, vanishes without a trace and leaves me lost and feeling alone which leaves her devastated. But several years later he shows up again and Jett's life is falling apart again. Lies about Mason's role her childhood ruin her and wondering what else was a lie when she was growing up. Mason gives Jett no excuse, explanation on why he left in the first place. Jett and Mason are ...more
Sassy Southern
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I can't say enough how much I LOVED this story. This was definitely a taboo love story, it was along the line of a K Webster book. I have suuuuuch a soft spot for DDLG content. This was such a great love story unconventional but great. Mason was so hot, and I adored him. Jetty was adorable and I could relate to her emotion wise. I'm sure this won't be for everyone but I fell in love, I'm also new to this author and I'm really looking forward to reading more from her. Absolutely five stars. - By ...more
Deborah Gile
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one gave me pause. I am a huge fan of edgy romance but this one was a little bit much for my taste. The element of Taboo is obvious from the start but Margot's writing drew me in. The farther along in the story I got, the more I could see how this particular relationship could happen. Margot was able to lead me to acceptance of Mason and Jett's relationship as unique to them. This is a good read if you can keep an open mind and heart.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Bargain Basement: $25 Amazon Gift Card 1 6 Feb 21, 2020 03:24PM
Bargain Basement: $25 AMAZON GIFT CARD 1 11 Jan 30, 2020 04:25PM

• The Free (The Wild, #2)
  • Koyn (Royal Bastards MC: Tulsa, OK, #1)
  • NORTH
  • Poison
  • Fallen Son (The Fallen Men, #2.5)
  • Delinquent Demons (Paranormal Prison)
  • Stolen Soulmate (Crowne Point #2)
  • A Lovely Confession (Debt of Passion Duet #2)
  • Say Yes: A Hush, Hush Novella
  • Unconditional
  • Mine (Ties that Bind, #1)
  • Without You
  • How the Mind Breaks
  • Surrender (Voyeur #3.5)
  • Kisses and Lies
  • Paine (Rosewood High #2)
  • A Lovely Obsession (Debt of Passion Duet, #1)
  • Ward, A Dark Romance
Margot Scott likes long nails and short, sexy reads, rainbow sprinkles on vanilla ice cream, and rainy days spent in bed with her furbabies. When she's not writing forbidden love stories about bearded older men, you can find her browsing Pinterest for pictures of pink things.