Start by marking “People Notice the Rain” as Want to Read:
People Notice the Rain

People Notice the Rain

(Hepdale rain #1)

On the day Silas hears he failed another math test, he meets a boy with a thousand freckles.

There's something strange about the boy. He keeps going on about smell, and he seems strangely attached to Silas. It doesn't help that whenever he smiles his boy-next-door smile, Silas wants to stare.

But that's not all. During the full moon, the boy warns him to stay inside. Turns
Published 2020 by EverAfterPrint

To ask other readers questions about People Notice the Rain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about People Notice the Rain

Start your review of People Notice the Rain
Emily
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The world has been blessed with another Cindy Paul book and once more I am back to tell you what an absolute pleasure it was to read this book.

I'm not going to bore you with a synopsis but rather I want to talk to you about the things I loved most about this book, starting with the main romance. The only words to describe the romance is instantaneous and believable. That is not to say that this book is insta-love; it's not. It's so far from it. Instead, we get this instant connection between the
Joost
7/10! People notice the rain is een mooi combinatie tussen een contemporary en een fantasy. Veel queer personages, en een unieke schrijfstijl met veel witregels. Ik ging zo snel door dit boek heen! Ik kijk in ieder geval uit naar het vervolg en hoop dat daar het fantasy-aspect nog meer naar voren komt. Lees hier voor al mijn recensie: https://nerdygeekyfanboy.com/recensie... ...more
Marco
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: happy-list
So. Reading books and reviewing them is a process that differs slightly with each book, but for the most part will be quite consistent. I'm currently at the ''awkward'' in-between stage of having read the book, yet forgetting about it constantly, only to be reminded by Goodreads or the actual book glaring at me from the pile that's now its new home.

This book. THIS BOOK.
This book was everything I was looking for, and everything I wanted to read. It was light and quick, but captivated me and pul
Lieke Jongenelis
Jul 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
In People Notice the Rain volg je Silas. Een doodgewone tienerjongen die er enorm van baalt dat hij zijn wiskundetoets verkloot heeft. Gelukkig kan hij steun vinden bij zijn vrienden op school. Maar ook tijdens hun wekelijkse Dungeons & Dragons sessies, waarbij hij even compleet iemand anders kan spelen.

Op een dag, ontmoet hij een mysterieuze jongen bij een bushokje en hij kan deze jongen niet uit zijn hoofd zetten. Silas wordt dankzij deze mysterieuze jongen in een wereldje gezogen waarvan hij
Sanne
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Look, I absolutely love Cindy's writing and her characters. They always come to life on the page, and even though it's slightly frightening sometimes - those fight scenes really are intense. The tension between Silas and this new unknown world and, of course, Theo, is very much well-woven into the story.
Okay, I love the cover. And you can't see it here, but there are raindrops embossed on the cover, in the lamplight. And I absolutely love that design! (would have loved it even more if it were a
Renée
May 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really really like this book a lot! It is funny, sweet, angsty, sad, there are werewolves, what more do you want!

I relate to Silas a lot, I might not have written any angsty poetry in my high school days, but his struggles with his sexuality feel really similar to mine during high school and I think it is really cool to see this reflected in a book!

Also everyone else in this book is precious. I love the friendgroup Silas has, they are so nice and supportive and nerds. It is really cool to ha
Riska Sleepless
Jan 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: queer
I love Theo so much
Panic At The Bookshelf
Jul 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I had a very very very hard time putting down this book. I was barely able to stop for breaks to get some food or something to drink. Once a book does something like that to me it sure is a great book! The way Cindy Paul brought her characters alive was amazing. Their characters were hidden in very small things and simple details such as a pain or their clothing. Cindy Paul didn't need pages filled with descriptions to let you know what each character is like.
Here and there a bit more depth wou
Nina van der Heijden
Jul 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtqa
This was such a fun, lovely and cute story to read! I finished it in one afternoon, simply could not put it away before I knew how things would end between Silas and Theo. I loved these boys and their bond so much, just like the friend side characters! This story contained the perfect amount of diversity, love and cuteness all combined with some great werewolf fantasy elements. People. Read. This. Book!!!
Pixelflipsel
May 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ho boy, were do I start (hehe were). I first of all loved the fact that this book does not hide what it is, you get exactly what you can expect from it and I loved it. It was every bit of indulgent gay werewolfs it made it self out to be and I. Am. Here. For. It. Yeah there were some flaws but I got exactly what I wanted, some fluff, some angst, werewolfs and a quick read. It is currently 00:45 as I am writing this straight after I finished the book and I didn't even notice the time flying by.

I
Jari Fournier
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The story was Well written and really grabbed my attention. When i was reading it I felt like I was there with thé characters and I could see it all happen. The storyline and event that happend really draw you into the book and it's world. You could say it's a portal to another world. The characters also have such An interesting personalities you Cant not notice how they are and how they fit in thé story perfectly. This book is amazing and really worth reading!🐺 ...more
Rose ^-^
May 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It's quiet, peaceful and fragile. Such books are very rare. I loved this book. ...more
Megan
Jun 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, lgbt, my-books
AHHHHHHHHH

I love this book so freaking much!!

It has everything I love: werewolves, looooots of LGBT+ representation, adorable and lovable characters, D&D - seriously what more can you ask for?

I have become so so attached to these characters I love them so much and it was so much fun following Silas along the way of discovering what's really going on!
Helen Woods
Aug 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book! I needed a little pick me up this weekend and since it has been raining a lot my eye fell on this beautiful cover. The writing is very clean, almost a bit minimalistic, which makes the words that are on the page more telling. And you notice what isn't on the page more. The story is just.so.cute. and I want to hug everyone that's in it. Jack is my favourite! ...more
Marie
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was like a straight shot of serotonin to my brain.
Its arguably insta-love but the writing captures the feelings of Silas so well.
His loneliness was infectious, and the way his relationship with Theo develops... This book made me sad in a good way.

I want book 2 so badly
Valeria
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
People notice the rain is the exciting start of a new trilogy that promises to be an amazing ride. The characters are so easy to form an attachment to, and I especially found Silas to be quite different from myself and a lot of other characters I've read about, so being in his head and following his progress was fascinating! It's an incredibly easy read that you won't want to put down.

This book has LGBT characters, an amazing relatable friend group, humor, angst, and werewolves! Pair that with
Moja
Jul 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
The story was really cool and I love the way Cindy writes, like a breath of fresh air. And omg, the characters are so pure, I absolutely adore them. The story left me with some unanwsered questions, and I hope those gaps will be filled in the next book. I can’t wait!

***

Reread: yes, still love it! Time to start reading People need a Storm 😍
 Meghan
The story and characters were strong, for the most part. It had some heavy angst and tragedy going on in parts. But it had some more light-hearted coming-of-age scenes.

It could have a bit of proofreading and had some significant formatting issues.
Nicky
Jun 04, 2020 rated it liked it
I didn't enjoy the werewolf part and unfortunately it kinda confused me. However, I did love the lgtbq+ representation and character development. I wish I could've enjoyed the story more though. ...more
Jonathan
Precious
Sep 28, 2020
Goodreads Librari...: Request to create a series 5 18 Jan 05, 2021 07:55AM

• The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
  • Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, #1)
  • Reasonable Doubt (Hazard and Somerset #5)
  • The Witcher Omnibus
  • Baptism of Fire (The Witcher, #3)
  • Master of One
  • The Long Walk
  • There Goes Sunday School
  • The Dead Zone
  • The Deeper Meaning of Liff
  • Criminal Past (Hazard and Somerset #6)
  • Night of the Dragon (Shadow of the Fox, #3)
  • Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
  • Weak Heart
  • This Is Me
  • I Want to Kiss You in Public
  • Rabbit Heart

Hepdale rain (2 books)
  • People Need a Storm (Hepdale rain #2)