Start by marking “Collateral (Tier One #6)” as Want to Read:
Collateral (Tier One #6)

Collateral

(Tier One #6)

After a surprise assault on Task Force Ember’s secret compound in Virginia by Russian covert operators, John Dempsey and his teammates are mourning their dead and trying to put the pieces back together. But in the ever-evolving world of shadow warfare, there is no respite for heroes or victims. Russian spymaster Arkady Zhukov, the mind behind the attack on Ember, is at it ...more
Kindle Edition
Published September 1st 2020 by Andrews & Wilson

To ask other readers questions about Collateral, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Collateral

Start your review of Collateral (Tier One #6)
Rellim
Update 9/1/20: Book is live! Grabbed the audio narrated by Ray Porter. 🥰

Update 9/22/20: Finished the audio. Ray Porter is superb as always. His voices throughout the entire series are consistent and yet distinct. It’s a HUGE cast of characters and personalities that Andrews & Wilson have created and Porter is a master. It’s a terrific book on its own - the audio just brings it to a whole new level.

This is the 6th book in the Tier One series. While each book can technically be read/listened to o
Glen
Nov 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Things are coming to endgame. Dempsey is killing off Russian Zeta operators, while the head of the program, and the Russian dictator have their own plans in motion. The Russian dictator is trying to take over more of Ukraine with a series of false flag operations.

Despite being low on manpower, Ember group has to stop the Russians, and the spymaster. Meanwhile the head of Ember has to deal with his own unwanted promotion.

Very tense.
Slaven Tomasi
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Decorated Navy Veterans and authors, Brian Andrews and Jeffrey Wilson are back with their sixth Tier One novel, Collateral. The writing duo have created this series that is six novels deep, a novella series centered around each prominent member in the series in their younger days. And a new series featuring fan favorite Navy Seal Lieutenant Commander Keith “Chunk” Redman called Sons of Valor is coming soon.

Ember, America’s premier black ops task force was attacked, many died. That was towards th
Marisia Robus
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!
I loved it! JD and his team are the best. All the internal politics and Jarvis now in his new position can only mean many more great adventures.
Can't wait for the next one!
Ray Porter does an excellent job of narrating.
Vee Paige
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing opening scene and the rest of the book was full of nail-biting suspense. Perfect mix of action, humor, and banter. It was a bit poignant after what happened in last book. My heart ached for the Ember team. I was happy to see Chunk and his SEAL Team again join forces with John Dempsey and the rest of the gang.

Also, that ending! Ugh, can't wait for why that decision was called and are we getting a spin off? :)
Elizabeth Schaefer Clark
Sep 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Best one yet

Im blown away again. I love this fast paced, super spy world. Makes 007 look like a cheap imitation! Can't wait for more!
Benjamin  Thomas
Aug 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cover Task Force Ember after suffering a devastating blow by their Russian counterpart, Zetas, are out for blood and vengeance. Collateral Tier One Book #6 begins with this platform and quickly springs into action! John Dempsey and company are still reeling from a near total annihilation, but they haven’t given up the fight yet. Far from it. The dark arts of covert warfare, brutal assassinations, a high risk rescue operation, geopolitical maneuvering with global implications of WWIII. This book ...more
Jeremy
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another winner

These guys hit every book out of the park. How they are able to each write a few chapters at a time separately and have it read in a single voice boggles the mind. It's bananas.
Jim Cerone The Perfect Host DJ MC
Massive Leap Forward

With Book 6, this series just took a massive leap forward into Clancy and Ludlum territory. Deftly juggling both close-in Ember combat and a fleet of warships, airplanes and choppers, this book seemed to graduate the Tier One series to a new level. Strong, believable dialogue, canny plotting and lots of action. Highly recommended!
Gary
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great book, they keep getting better

The development of the characters and their live continue to grow and gel as a team. The action and suspense is non-stop keeping the reader engrossed and guessing what will happen next. Great series, they need to write them faster!
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In this installment, we see team Ember at its lowest. The team has to work together in ways it has yet to experience, and open themselves to new members as well.

This novel continues a story arc that was started several books ago. We get the epic “battle royal” in this as Ember continues the epic gridlock against their equals. Will we possibly see the start of World War III?

This is a faced pace read, with heart pounding action, and amazing technical fight scenes. We even get an intricate battle
Kashif
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Collateral is a phenomenal follow-up to Red Specter in terms of World War 3 level stakes, brutal and well-crafted action, and some crafty plot twists and turns that hit readers like a freight train out of nowhere. Having dived in to Collateral very shortly after Red Specter, the entire experience felt like a grand narrative of epic proportions while maintaining the grounded shock and awe elements of high stakes.

Collateral picks up shortly after Red Specter, with Task Force Ember reeling in from
Chris (Seafoam) Miller
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Collateral by Andrews and Wilson

Brian Andrews and Jeffrey Wilson continue to make the Tier One series a non stop action adventure that anyone can appreciate!

John Dempsey and the Ember group continue to find a way to be relentless and ruthless in the retaliation of the attack on their site in Virginia. You get to see Dempsey, Grimes, and Munn decimate the Zetas who attacked them. This trip takes you to quite a few places which are vividly depicted through Andrews and Wilson writing. The nonstop
Kristine
Sep 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wow.

For some reason, that is always the word that seems to be on the tip of my tongue (or fingers, I guess since I'm typing this) each and every time I sit down to start putting my thoughts together after finishing each of the books in this series. Finding the right words, and attempting to convey my thoughts - putting them together in a way that conveys even a portion of my feelings - that is what I'm never sure if I accurately do them justice. I seem to vacillate between honestly conveying my
John
Jan 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
One Of My Favorite Series!!!

I’ve Read all six of the EMBER tier 1 series, this series had quickly jumped to one of my favorites. I highly recommend that you read them in order or YOU WILL BE LOST! Ember is a super secret Tier 1 unit, the tip of the spear for the U.S. President. Again they battle the group called Zeta, a Russian version of Ember. The only difference, they are hell bent on bringing down the U.S. of A.
Gregory D
Sep 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Outstanding

Another great book for the Tier One series. I’ve read them all and this is one of the best. Good action and great plot.
Andrew
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Honestly, quite possibly the best in the series. Very well done.
Mike Eccles
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Mostly excellent

As ever fast moving, exciting and gripping. The ending was unexpected (as is often the case in this series). I didn’t like the addition of a chapter from the next novel in the series at the end of the book. It meant that this story finished before I expected it to.
Scott Chapman
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I procrastinated for a couple of weeks before tearing into Collateral two days ago. It was only because I knew I didn't have anything written by Andrews & Wilson to read afterward. I finished Collateral last night, and all I can say is: Holy. Fucking. Shit. The last time I put a book down after finishing it and felt that way was "Red Metal" by Mark Greaney & Rip Rawlings. I have loved the Tier One series up until now, and this latest installment took it up a notch. This installment knocked "Last ...more
John
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

Another incredible addition to the Tier One series. Twists and turns on every page. You will not be disappointed. The excerpt for the news series really gets you excited as well.
Richard R. Polillo
Sep 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The fighting man, bad assed woman, and daredevil team fitting for our times of decentralized and fragmented armies of anarchists attacking our way of life. It is a heart pounding, Adrenalin producing, chest thumping Excursion around the world in this fight against terror.
Jen
Jan 29, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
I like a good military thriller.

Narrated perfectly by Ray Porter, as usual.

Warning for graphic language and violence.
Richard Crouch
Sep 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Page Turner

I could not put this book down, and that has been the case with all six of the books in this series!
Randall Moore
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The six-book TIER ONE series by Andrews and Wilson is a slam-bang action thriller series that should satisfy even the most die-hard Vince Flynn fans who haven’t been able to find a suitable substitute for the late author’s Mitch Rapp novels. The series starts with a disastrous operation that results in the deaths of a huge number of SEALs, leaving only a few of them alive and gravely wounded. One of the survivors is recruited to become a founding member of a secret unit of badass operators, answ ...more
Larry
Nov 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is #6 in the Tier One series. By my measure, all five of the prior books were 5-stars. That’s a rarity and I was hoping for 6 out of 6. … No – but darn close. (Misters Andrews and Wilson, I’m rooting for #7 to be another 5-star.)

John Dempsey and Project Ember are back, but with new leadership because of an enemy attack. The main players include a Russian spy master, as well as a Putin-like Russian leader (the latter being manipulated by the former). Add to that a Ukrainian right-wing plot t
Derek Luedtke
Dec 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A good friend got me interested in this series by buying me the first book (TIer One). I proceeded to burn through the four published books in record time. Good thing I didn't have to wait to long for the fifth, Red Specter, when it came out last year. That book saw an attack on the Task Force Ember at the conclusion, and that is where Collateral continues.

After losing several members of the Team to their Russian counterparts (Zetas), Dempsey and the surviving members are out for blood for their
Sue
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-challenge
Collateral is the outstanding sixth entry in the Tier One series. Here, Dempsey and team are hunting down Zetas, the Russian equivalent of Ember, in retribution for the attack detailed in Red Specter. But Arkady, the architect of Zeta, isn't done yet, and neither is Russian President Petrov.

What follows is a chess game at the highest level. All of the characters are smart and resourceful. The actions scenes are tense and exciting, particularly one involving warships on the Black Sea. The persona
Steve Thomas
Jan 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Huge fan of Andrews & Wilson and the TF EMBER series ... and Collateral is another superb book in the series. Absolutely in my Top 5 reads of 2020, TF EMBER is on the trail of the Russian ZETAs who attacked the EMBER HQ's in last last book. The pursuit of the ZETAs causes the EMBER team to move throughout Europe on the termination missions and eventually make their way to Ukraine as the world wobbles on the brink of World War 3. How the EMBER team (and their new teammates) save the day (again) i ...more
Ken Burkhalter
Oct 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Call it a 4.5. The team renews itself in the fallout of disaster and takes on a mission of revenge on a grand scale. Nothing, of course, goes as planned. The bigger plot twists are a bit telegraphed in this one but executed so deftly that one doesn't mind knowing beforehand what is coming. New players, old enemies, and the march of time. That is one thing I appreciate about this series; Andrews and Wilson are not afraid to play with the mix of characters and personalities, keeping the team fresh ...more
Danny
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book is really a 4.7
Why? Well The mission was 5/5, the objective to hunt down the remaining Zetas was 5/5. JD and Crew always a 5/5. Introduction of new characters 4.3ish. Even though they would be depended on for a certain mission. Politics cuz it will always be involved 4.4ish. A certain somebodies promotion was interesting. oh another character's promotion was good too. He will be a welcomed addition. One decision made 3/5. it was right there haha. Overall a fantastic surprisingly quick read.
« previous 1 3 next »

• One True Patriot (Eric Steele #3)
  • Time to Hunt (Pierce Hunt #3)
  • Relentless (Gray Man #10)
  • The Enemies of My Country (Shadow Strike #1)
  • The Death Bringers (Team Reaper Thriller #14)
  • Kane: Darkness Upon Us : (Fear The Reaper Book 3)
  • Can't Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds
  • The Outside Man (Matt Drake #2)
  • Hunters (King & Slater #8)
  • Convergence: The Far Side of Hell (Five Roads to Texas, #4)
  • One Nation: Ian's Road, Volume 2 (Five Roads to Texas #7)
  • Five Roads to Texas (Five Roads to Texas, #1)
  • Showdown At Chimney Rock: Sarah's Run (Five Roads to Texas, #5)
  • Patriots (The Coming Collapse)
  • For Which We Stand: Ian's Road, Volume 1 (Five Roads to Texas, #3)
  • Indivisible: Ian's Road, Volume 3 (Five Roads to Texas #8)
  • Total Power (Mitch Rapp, #19)
  • Kane: Center Mass: (Fear The Reaper Book 2)
Brian Andrews is a US Navy veteran, Park Leadership Fellow, and former submarine officer with a psychology degree from Vanderbilt and a masters in business from Cornell University. He is the author of three critically acclaimed high-tech thrillers: Reset, The Infiltration Game, and The Calypso Directive, and co-authors the Wall Street Journal and #1 Amazon best-selling TIER ONE thriller series wit ...more

Tier One (6 books)
  • Tier One (Tier One #1)
  • War Shadows (Tier One #2)
  • Crusader One (Tier One #3)
  • American Operator (Tier One #4)
  • Red Specter (Tier One #5)