Start by marking “Havoc” as Want to Read:
Havoc

Havoc

I changed my name and my identity. I swore he’d never find me.

I thought I had planned it well.

Until he showed up in the middle of the day – tall, handsome and powerful.

It took me three years to build myself up from scratch, cut everybody off and build a life that has nothing to do with my past.

And it took him one day to destroy everything I’d built.

My disappearance cau
Published April 16th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Havoc, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Havoc

Start your review of Havoc
Fre06 Begum
All Booked Out
⭐️⭐️⭐️

When I first read the blurb for Havoc, I was really excited to read it. I mean, arranged marriage of a cold hero with a possessive love for a strong willed heroine, sign me up! I really, really tried to like this book but unfortunately it was not for me. The plot had great potential but overall lacked the depth I required to enjoy it. The characters weren’t developed enough for me and at times I found both main characters annoying. Eva’s inconsistent feelings towards Daniel and Daniel’s in
Both the main characters need to get their heads checked.

Even the father seems to have gone through a personality transplant by the end of the book.

This book gave me a headache. I don’t think I’m going to be reading any other book from this author.
thehotmesslibrary
Mar 31, 2020 rated it liked it
Havoc by S.S. Richards is a standalone dark romance. The story looks at the relationship between Daniel and Eva. Eva is promised to Daniel by marriage when her father makes a deal with him, but Eva can’t stand Daniel and on the night of her wedding runs away. Fast forward three years and Daniel has found Eva and is going to make her pay, not only for running away but also for the sins of her father.

This book, although a dark read had a lot of revenge elements in it, where Daniel was always takin
Bella Emy
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I freaking love S.S. Richards & all her stories! She gets better with each one she writes! I'm so glad I get to write with this amazingly talented lady for our upcoming series. ...more
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
27034655-SX540-png

* First time reading author

So I have read many books in the mafia world and where the woman runs or is afraid of the soon to be husband. So when you read the first chapter you are all ya okay I can get into this book, but then I totally lost the story. The way Daniel is, makes him a character to dislike most of the time. And if Eve was that strong to run away from him years ago, why is she so afraid and docile now? Like I said it is a strange read.
SBee Reviews
Apr 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
★ Hearts are collaterally damaged ★

—>>> For three years Daniel has been searching for his wife, the one who had gotten away on their wedding night. She was meant to be his and now he is forced to hunt her down. Now that he has finally caught up with her, he was going to make her pay for running, and he has just the right collateral to do so. Anna does not know that Daniel now has more to lose than than what he has already lost with her.

The warring in their minds and hearts between what they wan
Sassy Southern
Apr 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Eva Walton has been hiding for the past three years and has become “Alice Ross” in an attempt to escape from her husband, Daniel. Three years ago her father forced her to marry Daniel and instead of living in a loveless marriage she decided to run and start over.
Daniel Walton plans on destroying Eva for rejecting him and running out on their marriage. Now he will not let Eva out of his sight and wants her to start being a traditional life.
Both Eva and Daniel hold secrets from the other that coul
Rebecca Austin
May 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-sassy
This was a great book with some twists and turns that I wasn’t expecting to keep me hooked and wanting more.

My heart truly broke for Eva when Daniel found her and you could tell how upset she was at everything she lost. She was adamant that she could never love him and kept doing and saying whatever she could in hopes that Daniel would let her go back to her old life.

I truly hated Daniel for most of the book. He was so cruel and truly wanted to break Eva for breaking his heart and humiliating hi
Victoria Weston
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book that I've read by this author and it was absolutely fantastic you literally could not take your eyes from the pages, it complete;y hooked you on and didn't let you go until you have finished the whole book. It is totally like the title says, it's havoc for this character you will be desperate to see how everything plays out until the end.

Eva's father made her marry a man that she didn't want to marry and she felt like there was nothing she could do. Her father was a terrib
AmberReader# Books&BubbleBaths
Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
TO ALL MY HEA, DARK ROMANCE, ALPHA HERO, EMOTIONAL BOOK WH*R*S! 😍❤️🙌🏻

Havoc by SS Richards
ARC reads

4⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I absolutely devoured this book within hours (I know, I’m a book wh*r* too🙈😭). Anyways, from the beginning of the book, SS Richards throws us straight in the deep end and I SUNK!!! Every page I turned I wanted to know more, I needed to know why Eva was running away from Daniel!!! And SS Richards did not disappoint...

So Eva, was the heroine of this story and I genuinely felt like a therapist
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
When I started this book I was excited because of the dark element that was explored in the book. It had lots of twists in the storyline which was really good and that had me turning the pages for more.

Terri Turner
Apr 16, 2020 rated it liked it

I did feel that some important part of the story was missing, so I never felt that I really connected with the characters of Daniel and Eva the way I would have liked. Daniel was an aggressive, cruel character and seeing as he supposedly loved Eva so much his temper and cruelty didn't seem right t
Sandra
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Let me just start by saying anything S.S. Richards writes is amazing!
I read Havoc in one sitting, it's dark and suspenseful. It also has two killer combinations to make a perfect dark romance; A: hate & love B: desire & passion.
This story was well written with a great storyline. Characters were fully developed even the secondary characters. Emotions ran high between these two characters starting with hate, disgust, desire, lust, and love.

Daniel and Eva's story started when they were young kids,
Tisha
Apr 17, 2020 rated it did not like it
This started off promising, the first two chapters captured my attention.

And then it all became redundant. It literally felt like I was reading the same lines over and over... yea the author would reframe. But it was the same lines again and again. This could’ve been a great 50 page short story. Because it was pages after pages of words that really didn’t provide any depth.

At the conclusion none of it made sense. The reasoning for the “hate” was anticlimactic. The “havoc” never came. And what
Brooke between_the_pages_of_romance
Daniel and Eva are two broken people who love each other so much and have for so long but are both scared. Eva is holding a secret she won’t tell and it makes her feel like she shouldn’t love Daniel. Eva’s rejection breaks Daniel and turns him into a monster. And a monster he is. He is ruthless and even evil in some parts. There were times I wanted to shake Eva and make her tell Daniel how she feels so Eva wouldn’t have to endure all she did but the way that Ms. Richards unravels their story cou ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Havoc was a story which still has me conflicted to be honest. See, I couldn't put it down for anything at the end of the day because the secrets & lies make for some big time f-bomb worthy twists & turns that is my happy place. However, Eva cried to much for me to want to have her back 100% of the time, and I know that's a silly reason, but I'm not a crier so heroines who are criers definitely irritate me. Daniel was all about revenge, and took it out on Eva, so I wasn't a big fan of his for the ...more
Jenifer Briggs
Apr 16, 2020 rated it liked it
This was my first read by the author, and while I did like some of the book, I didn't altogether love it the way I was hoping I would.

Eva has been promised to marry Daniel by her father, but she absolutely cannot stand him and on the eve of their wedding day, and runs away. Fast forward a few years and Daniel has caught up to her, all the while vowing to make her pay for all the wrongs she and her father have done to him.

I thought Daniel was just too over the top with his treatment with Eva. Th
Britney Chavez
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have to say, reading Sam’s dark Mafia romance got me back into reading dark romances. So when I read the blurb for this one, I am sooo excited to get my hands on it.

It did take me a little to get into it, but once I did, I was hooked and didn’t want to stop. All the mystery behind the way that Daniel acts towards Eva. The reasons why Eva hates Daniel so much and why she ran away in the first place.

The deeper you get into the story, the more intense it gets between them. I may have not understo
Kathy Wideman
This is the first book by S.S. Richards. Honestly, I am not sure how I felt about this book. It didn’t really do it for me. Daniel and Eva have a very twisted relationship. She was forced to marry him by her father and ran. Now years later he has found her and is forcing her to come back to him. Daniel wanted Eva and figured he could have her because of the life they grew up in. Eva like Daniel but didn’t like that he thought that meant he could just force her to marry him instead of dating her ...more
Patricia
Apr 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by this author. S.S. Richards. At the beginning chapter of this book was confusing, even after the first couple of chapters it was difficult to understand the plot the author went from Eva pleading with her father not to marry Daniel to her deciding to run away the author never explain why she hated Daniel so much and treated him so horrible when all he's ever done is love her. The way her father treated her he sold her to Daniel a man she ask her dad not to make her marry ...more
The Book Fling
Apr 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Holy hell this was amazing. I sat down this morning, and read the entire book within 2 hours. I was captivated within the first chapter, and I needed to know how it ended. There's something that's always drawn me into dark romances. Add in a little revenge, and you have a book that I honestly can't put down. Daniel and Eve's story is one that I'll never forget.

Eve is promised to Daniel. She hates him. She wants nothing to do with him. So, she runs away and changes her identity. Daniel finds her,
Ga Books LoverX
Apr 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
I LOVE dark romances, they are definitely one of my favorites to read and though I have not read SS Richards prior to reading Havoc, I was very impressed with this book. You definitely get the cruelty and angst in this book that I love reading.

I really enjoyed the story but would have liked a little more backstory on the characters. I was not able to fully connect with them, but it still was an enjoyable read. There is SO MUCH drama and angst in this book. Talk about all of the lies and pain, y'
Midwest Romantic
I have been drawn into the world of Dark Romances and sometimes I find good ones…and sometimes bad, Havoc however is a good one! Even though it felt a bit lackey on being “dark” it still hit the spot. I truly enjoyed reading Eve and Daniel’s story and fell in love with it and them instantly.

Such good writing by S.S. Richards! There is only one thing that I truly wish this book had…more backstory, just more of a look into them I guess. It just felt like it needed more content for me. But like I s
Inga Lady Of Bookland
Positives:

This is going to be short. For the most part I kind of liked the story as the writing was fine, there were couple of twists, couple of intense moments and steamy scenes. I got curious about the authors other books for characters mentioned in this one. The last half of the book was better than the beginning. So, I guess that’s kind of it.

We had arranged marriage and love-to-hate tropes, which are my favourite, but sadly they didn’t provide the intense emotional experience that I would h
My Little Booktopia
Apr 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Havoc by S. S. Richards is a stand-alone dark romance that is faced paced and full of revenge.

Eva had spent the last three years running and hiding from the man she was promised too. She has built a life for herself until one day, he shows up in the middle of the day at her work.

Daniel is dark, controlling, domineering and out to seek revenge. Eva’s going to pay for not only running away but for her father’s sins.

For me I found this story little too fast paced and I had trouble connecting wit
Catt
Apr 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!!! Throw in some Dark Mafia, an arranged marriage and i'm set!

There was so much hate and angst in this book, it was awesome! And by the end, you were gunning for them to find a HEA. But so much stuff just stood in there way and at times you thought they would never get there. Eva finds out theres something fishy with Daniel and also with her Father. But when it all comes to ahead, the truth finally comes out.

I loved this book. I feel like there could have been a bit more of a pro
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Havoc by S.S. Richards is the story of Daniel and Eva.
Daniel and Eva knew each other somewhat when they were younger as their family we connected. But Eva's father gave to Daniel to marry which of course Eva was upset about. Daniel has always wanted Eva but on their wedding day she disappeared. Eva tried to start a new life away from her past but just a few years into it Daniel finds her. Both have their secrets and neither are letting them go. This was a dark read with Daniel not be so gentle w
Cristina Z.
Apr 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Now THAT's how you start a book. The first chapter definitely gripped me and kept me reading until the very end in one seating. I couldn't get enough of the angst, the drama, the passion and all the questions burning inside my head of how things got this bad.

The book is dark and definitely not something you'd classify as a love story. At least, not in its standard meaning. A must-read for fans of dark romance.

Full review available on Book Review Hub.
K.  Ramjohn
Apr 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Havoc by S.S. Richards is a dark romance that was mainly about revenge. This was an unconventional love story and there was intense emotions between Daniel and Eva including hate, love, desire and passion. Some parts in this story was hard to read as both characters were hiding things from the other and I really just wanted to shake them both. However as the story progress we see the reasons why these two behaved the way they did. The story was fast paced, angsty and steamy filled with secrets a ...more

• Once a Myth (Goddess Isles, #1)
  • Owned by Him
  • He Hates Me (Hate & Love Duet, #1)
  • Thorn (Rosewood High #1)
  • A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood: The Poetry of Mister Rogers
  • When the Saint Falls (Westbrook Three, #1)
  • Enigma (Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team, #3)
  • His (Ties That Bind, #2)
  • Prince of Hearts (Verona Legacy, #1)
  • Don't Love Me
  • From the First Verse  (Life of Debauchery, #1)
  • Free Fall (Spring Hill Blues, #1)
  • That Night
  • Fierce (Chicago Underground, #3)
  • Nocturnal Love
  • That's the Way I Loved You
  • Don't Hate Me
  • Kiss the Sky (Calloway Sisters #1)
Contemporary/Dark Romance Author.