Start by marking “Love Came Just in Time (MacLeod, #2.5, 2.7 & 2.8; de Piaget 4.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #2.5, 3.5, 5.5 & 6.5)” as Want to Read:

Love Came Just in Time

(MacLeod #2.5, 2.7, 2.8)

Four classic novellas from the USA Today bestselling author, including "The Gift of Christmas Past," "The Three Wise Ghosts," "And the Groom Wore Tulle," and "The Icing on the Cake."
Mass Market Paperback, 336 pages
Published October 4th 2005 by Berkley Publishing (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Love Came Just in Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Came Just in Time

Wild_irish_rose
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My favorite was Lynn Kurland's The Gift of Christmas Past. I haven't read Lynn in a while and had forgotten how much I enjoy her writing and stories. If you like time travel, this is one to miss.
July
Feb 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: home-library
There is four stories in this book.
The first is: The gift of Christmas Past. Abigail Garrett finds herself in 1238 after jumping into Murphy's Pond and when she surfaces she in a moat. Miles de Piaget was being gloomy in his great hall which isn't much. When Abby bangs on the doors of his keep after taking a swim in his moat, she is frightened and cold, and filthy. She is hoping for some help from within. After telling him a crazy story he is sure she must have hit her head. Only after a few hou
Brooke
Sep 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Not my favorite... And Miles was one of the characters I was most looking forward to his story, he was jilted... The angel cat didn't work for me, and I never feel satisfied with anthologies because they are so short...

I finished Gideon and Megan's story as well, I had always wondered about them... These stories are just to fast paced, there is no chance for anything to build, it's one minute this the next minute that... I love all the characters, but their stories aren't what you know and expe
Bev Walkling
This book includes 4 Lynn Kurland novellas which cover a number of different romantic genres. I have read several Kurland historical novels (with time travel) and found these equally enjoyable. One thing you can count on in Kurland's novels is interesting characters and lots of humour. These were a joy to read!
Jessica
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
F of Christmas Past was adorable, though a little different from Lynn’s normal stories by having a cat angel doing the match making.
Three Wise Men is a sweet and slightly ironic story. That went to fast, and had a quick change of heart. Though I did love the sweetness and the ghosts are hilarious.
Groom wore Tulle is knee-slapping hilarious. While it’s great simple story, I can’t wait to read more of their exploits.
Icing of the cake was a bit disappointing, and I not really sure where it all take
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful anthology collection of the novellas and shorter stories that appeared in other books. If you have purchased some of the collections that she has been in (for example Christmas Cat), you may want to double check that these are ones that you still need. It is a trade, which I understand but wish it would fit in with my other Kurland books.

A bunch of great stories that tie together some of the characters you see in other books and complete their stories (like Ian, Miles, and Jennifer)
Marie-lynn Bouchard
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the book it was so funny from time to time I was laughing which caused me some strange look, but I had fun. The ghosts especially made me laugh I guess it depends on what you like but it was a great summer read!
Meg
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Four great bite-sized stories. I think I prefer the dynamics of the longer stories.
Carolyn
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
All the stories were fun/funny. Also clean
Kathy Davie
Jan 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Muse Here
Megan Evans
Sep 04, 2008 rated it it was ok
LilaBird
Nov 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
I have read all three of these stories previously, but didn't know they were all a part of the same anthology. I agree with everyone else commenting, that Mile's story was a let-down. I had been so excited to finally read about him, and then to have it be just a short story with some angel cat...that was just annoying. And I always hate when you can tell that she wrote this before she really planned out the families and couples. Mile's family comes to visit at the end and she mentions a few of t ...more
I_love_a_happily_ever_after
Nov 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
OK, I think I am on a Lynn Kurland kick. This is her third book I have read in two weeks. I have another lined up to start today and and 15 more in my Amazon shopping cart. :o)

This book is a collection of four Novellas. I loved three and liked one. Some of the characters are familiar from other stories and some are new. The heroes were, as usual, quite amazing and the heroines were each so different from each other. Lynn's characters really come alive. At first I was suprised at how quicky the
Mandi Ellsworth
There are four short stories in this compilation and each of them are worth reading. I wasn't so sure about the first one, because it has a cat's ghost playing matchmaker, but I got over that and really loved it. Each story is different, the characters are well-rounded. I found myself giggling at the clothing choices in two of the stories (especially a medieval highlander wearing a wedding dress because he thought if he were in heaven he should dress accordingly. I'm still grinning about it.)

I
Alice
Jun 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Four lighthearted Macleod and de Piaget stories

Four short stories fill in the de Piaget and Macleod family tree. Here are stories extracted from several different anthologies and covering the romances of medieval Miles de Piaget with future girl Abby; Ian Macleod into the future with Jane Ferguson; current day Gideon de Piaget with Megan Macleod McKinnon; and a very unexpected current times romance in Alaska between Samuel Macleod and the redoubtable Sydney wilderness guide. Lots of fun and very
Patricia
Jul 27, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, fiction
not my favorite collection of Kurland's to be honest. i enjoyed Miles' story as I previously read it in a different short story compilation, though it was a bit rushed. Megan and Gideon was cute as well, though VERY rushed as well. Jane and Ian's story was my favorite of the group and didn't feel too rushed. I enjoyed their backstories and their courtship. Sydney and Sam's story was painful to get through the beginning and then a bit better as they got around to discovering they liked each other ...more
Kendra
Sweet little 4 stories all by the same author. Fills in some of the stories on the lesser characters in other books. Fun, fast, and lighthearted. My favorite was And the Groom Wore Tulle, where a Scotsman in the past comes into the future. He knows about the future because other clansmen have gone their, but finds himself there, and in a wedding shop. The whole couple pages of whether he's trying to decide if he's in Heaven, Hell or Limbo, and then decides he will put on one of the "angel outfit ...more
Jolan
Sep 13, 2009 rated it really liked it
As much as I couldn't wait to read about Abigail and Miles, I will admitt that having a talking Sir Sweetums was a bit much :( but for the most part I liked the story. I enjoyed Gideon and Megan's story quite a bit. A lot of these characters I've met previously in other books, and am glad to FINALLY be hearing their stories. I LOVED Ian and Jane's story and although I don't believe I've met Sydney and Sam before...their story was wonderful! :)
Suzie
Sep 18, 2008 rated it really liked it
This is a collection of short stories that are wonderful complements to characters from other books she has written. The Gift of Christmas Past is Miles de Piaget's story, The Three Wise Ghosts is the story of Gideon de Piaget and Megan MacLeod McKinnon, And the Groom Wore Tulle is Ian MacLeod's story, The Icing on the Cake is Samuel MacLeod's story. These stories give you more background on each of the characters which enrich your reading of related books.
Lora
Apr 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Gift of Christmas Past -
This was a little short but it had everything I love about Kurland's novels. Romance, time travel and a knight ready to rescue a lady. I loved this one so much it was such a sweet little story.

The Three Wise Ghosts -
Was really quite cute especially with the bickering ghosts having to intervene to get the two leads to really notice each other. And the ending was as sweet as I could have hoped for.
Faye Lawson
Oct 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deliciously funny, heartwarming and charmingly romantic...

This reader's interest was grabbed right from the start with the matchmaking antics of Sir Sweetums, the 'friendly' bickering of the ghostly matchmakers and of course I love all things MacLeod! This is my first introduction to this author and immediately purchased four full length novels which I look forward to reading! Well done Ms. Kurland
Diane Wachter
PB-B @ 2001, 12/01. DePiaget, Book 13. Four novellas in the collection: The Gift of Xmas Past @ 1996 from The Christmas Cat; And the Groom Wore Tulle @ 1999 from Veils of Time; The Three Wise Ghosts @ 1997 from Christmas Spirits; and The Icing on the Cake @ 200 from Opposites Attract. I always want more!!!
Lisa
Apr 22, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Gift of Christmas Past - 4 stars
The Three Wise Ghosts - 3 stars
And the Groom Wore Tulle - 2 stars
The Icing on the Cake - 4 stars

I guess that averages out to 3 stars, but I'll give this anthology 4 anyway, because 3 of the 4 stories were pretty cute, especially the first and last ones.
Kara
Mar 09, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked all of the stories in this anthology, but my favorite was The Gift of Christmas Past since it was part of the DePiaget side. The others were great too, though, and like the other 99% of the Lynn Kurland books I've read, I couldn't bear to stop reading!
Melissa
Feb 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: clean romance
Shelves: time-travel
I love almost any book by Lynn Kurland this one was no exception. All 4 books were fun,clean, silly and horribly romantic. All these characters are from the McLeod clan and a reading order for her books can be found on her websight.
Mary23nm
I liked all the stories, although they all could have been longer. I liked "The Gift of Christmas Past" and "The Icing on the Cake" better than "The Three Wise Ghosts" and "And the Groom Wore Tulle". Everything averaged out to be about three and one half stars.
Nancy Ossama
Nov 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Her heroes are delightful
Tiffiny
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: series, sci-fi, romance
These novellas I thought were too short, rushed with not enough time to develop the story or characters. I wish they'd been regular novel length.
Judy Bullard
Aug 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is one of her books of short stories (or novellas, as Lynn Kurland calls them). I really enjoyed "The Three Wise Ghosts" - they were hillarious!!

• The Christmas Cat (Includes: de Piaget, #4.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #2.5)
  • To Weave a Web of Magic (Samaria Chronological Order #3.5)
  • Ladies Prefer Rogues
  • Circles in Time
  • Beloved Impostor (Beloved Trilogy, #1)
  • Down and Dirty (Viking II, #7)
  • Now and Then, Complete Series (Now and Then, #1-5; Now and Forever Western Time Travel, #1)
  • Highlander's Curse (Daughters of the Glen, #8)
  • A Time for Love
  • Warrior of the Highlands (Highlands, #3)
  • My Highland Bride (Highland Hearts, #2)
  • Here and Then (Beyond the Threshold, #2)
  • My Shadow Warrior (MacDonell Brides, #3)
  • A Slip in Time
Lynn began her writing career at the tender age of five with a series of illustrated novellas entitled Clinton’s Troubles in which the compelling hero found himself in all sorts of . . . well, trouble. She was living in Hawaii at the time and the scope for her imagination (poisoned fish, tropical cliffs, large spiders) was great and poor Clinton bore the brunt of it. After returning to the mainlan ...more

MacLeod (10 books)
  • A Dance Through Time (MacLeod, #1; de Piaget/MacLeod, #2)
  • The Very Thought of You (MacLeod, #2; de Piaget/MacLeod, #4)
  • My Heart Stood Still (MacLeod, #3; de Piaget/MacLeod, #8)
  • A Garden in the Rain (MacLeod, #4; de Piaget/MacLeod, #10)
  • Much Ado in the Moonlight (MacLeod, #9; de Piaget/MacLeod, #12)
  • When I Fall in Love (de Piaget, #4; MacLeod, #6; de Piaget/MacLeod, #13)
  • With Every Breath (MacLeod, #7; de Piaget/MacLeod, #14)
  • Till There Was You (MacLeod, #8; De Piaget #10; de Piaget/MacLeod, #15)
  • Roses in Moonlight (MacLeod, #9; de Piaget/MacLeod, #19)
  • Ever My Love (MacLeod #10; de Piaget/MacLeod #22)