Start by marking “Burned (Alex Drake #3)” as Want to Read:
Burned (Alex Drake #3)

Burned

(Alex Drake #3)

Nothing burns like an old flame.
Book #3 in the Alex Drake Series

Marrying man Alex Drake has topped his multi-billion-dollar empire by securing the love of his life. But when an old flame re-enters the picture with information on Jack Taylor’s death, can a tough and tenacious Madison discover the truth behind her brother’s death without getting singed in the

Published January 21st 2020 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about Burned, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burned

Start your review of Burned (Alex Drake #3)
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Five stars for Alex Drake!

Another great book in the Alex Drake series! Alex and Madison have returned and this time we find out more about the man of mystery. Alex has a background that we don’t know much about from the previous books, but in this book we find out more about his past.

The story uses flashbacks to show how Alex, Paco and Madison’s brother Jack we’re put together as a covert team. The story also goes into how Alex learned to be so good in bed and how much of a player he was prior t
Kat Valentine
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lexxi has turned up the heat in This new installment!!! Holy shit!! I didn't think it could get any hotter,but I was so wrong!!! 5 wet pantie stars for Burned!!!

This is the continuing of Madison and Alex's story,but it is so much more!!! If you've read the first two books in this series Access and Exposed you know that besides Alex and Madison their is many other important players in this story from alex's right hand man the sexy Latin hunk Paco who has a big part in the story. We find out more
Isabella. R
4 Divine Drake Stars ⭐

In the next instalment of the Alex Drake saga, not only do we catch up with the loved up couple, we finally gain insight and answers that we've been waiting for. If you are a fan of office romances filled with passion, intrigue and suspense, start from the beginning with Access and Exposed.

In Burned, Madison Taylor should be elated with her recent engagement to mega gorgeous and extremely wealthy Alex Drake, especially with the sizable rock she's flaunting. But it's all ov
Christine B
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You have to love you some Alex Drake or AJ in the beginning before Madison and after Jordan Stone the ex lover who turned AJ to Alex and the best womanizer and lover ever. Now Jordan has returned and have her eyes set on Madison and has the leverage to help convince her to come over to her dark side...Madison brother Jack Taylor information on his time in the service. What will Madison do? Will Alex do what it takes to protect his fiancee the woman he wants to marry or also fall back into Jordan ...more
Indelicate Reviews by DD
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star, reviewed-2020
*I received a free review copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Explosive! One of the first words that pops into my mind while writing this review! Edge of my seat suspense. Anxiety for the unknown (Jordan Stone). Smoldering desire between Alex and Madison which leapt off the pages. So, much happens here I am finding it difficult not to reveal to much.

Excellently written storyline. Alex and Madison were created with love and much preparation. I can feel the authors care and craft c
Fiona Fog

Once again Lexxi has delivered a quality read that will draw you! The suspense just about killed me, and I was hooked. The attention to detail was incredible and she left nothing out.

Madison and Alex, the intense attraction between them seems to have gotten hotter. The answers I got only wet my appetite, sure we got some closer but I feel more is coming for this pair. And not just them Paco also.

The secondary characters and the direction that the story went was intriguing, the secretive li
Crystal
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have been a fan of Lexxi’s since I first read Access last year!

Burned is book 3 in the Alex Drake series, and I think it’s my favorite!!! I love the suspense that Lexxi has throughout her story, yet there is still plenty of steamy scenes.

When I started this series, I had no idea how complete of a man Alex Drake would turn out to be. In Burned it showed a lot of what shaped him and I loved every minute of it!

I don’t want to give spoilers... so I’ll just end it with 5 amazing bright stars!! I
Sonia N.
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfectly Written!!

I love Lexxi James books 1 & 2 in this series. Book 3 starts immediately with action and suspense.
Madison and Alex are engaged and madly in love.
They still have unanswered questions regarding her brother Jacks mysterious death while serving in the military z .
The author did an excellent job writing it!
Besides Alex and Madison, there are other interesting characters in this storyline, and the narrative and attention to details are great. Lots of unanswered questions and vindic
Dee Winston
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book had so many elements in it. It was heart felt, hot with a little action in it. To finally get the answers about Madison's brother, and Madison herself come Into herself. She definitely became my shero. She knows her weaknesses and is willing to learn to become better. She loves Adam for who he is not for what he can do for her. And she doesn't hold his past against him. I love that type of woman. I was very satisfied with this series and would definitely read more of this author. I sti ...more
Jennifer Bishop
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is an absolutely amazing book! I love the first two and this one is no different, love it! Alex and Maddison are hot hot hot together! I love the dynamic between the two! The storyline is the bomb! It is chalk full of intrigue, action, suspense, steam, and answers to all those burning questions! This series is definitely one of my favs! A must read!

I received an Advanced Reader Copy of this Book in exchange for an honest review, which is exactly what you got! 🥰
Sandy West
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Nickie Sale
Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Third book in the series and continues book 1 and 2 with Alex and Madison now engaged. Burned is steaming hot without a doubt, but now Madison is trying to find out what really happened to her brother Jack. We get to understand more about Alex and his background as well as meet Jordon Stone. There's a lot of going back and forth in Burned which makes it a little difficult at times to follow but still a good read.
Tammy Deighan
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It was heart felt, hot with a little action in it. To finally get the answers about Madison's brother, and Madison herself come Into herself. She definitely became my hero. She knows her weaknesses and is willing to learn to become better. She loves Adam for who he is not for what he can do for her. There are awesome steamy scenes Alex Drake style that keep your toes curled and the page turning.
Madison is strong determined woman, who knows what she wants and goes out to get it. She challenges Al
Julie
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An exciting storyline and very suspenseful.
Alex and Madison’s passion for each other gets stronger. A little of Alex’s past is revealed.

Wonderful writing. Alex and Madison are well developed characters and make a great couple. The secondary characters are also well thought out and make great additions to the story.

I love this book and this series. The story is intriguing and the suspense intense.
I highly recommend this excellent book!
Thi
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
This series just keeps getting better and better with each book. I just love the chemistry between Madison and Alex. I just can’t get enough of this couple.
Dawn
Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story

Love this continuation of Alex and Madison. Their love gets them through. I liked hearinf the backstory of Jack. Beautiful
Neisha Exeter
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Yes yes yes. This book was everything I imagined and sooooo much more. Lexxi James has definitely done it again. Once I started reading this book I could not put it down. Fantastic read and highly recommended.
Jennifer Pierson
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I hope everyone can see that Burned is part of The Alex Drake Series, so they understand it's not the book you start the series with. It may sound like I'm judging, and I am for real, because I've actually seen reviews from readers who start in the middle of a series, then give the book a bad rating because they don't know what the hell is going on. I mean C'MON MAN! So my point is, Burned is Book 3 so YOU MUST READ Access (Book 1) and EXPOSED (Book 2) FIRST AND EVEN IN ORDER WOULD BE THE BEST. ...more
Amy  Crull
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
So before I start this review, I'd highly encourage you to read the first two books in this series.It's important to figure out the characters and see how Alex and Madison fall in love.
In this book we find out more on Alex and how he went from AJ to Alex. Who Jordan Stone is and what power does she hold? She is very persuasive and knows how to use to sex to get what she wants. Madison,mostly but Alex is still there is her target. There's some closeness between Madison and Jordan to rile Alex up
Martina
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The 3rd book is just WOW! The perfect sequel to the love story between Alex and Madison. We see in the story that the writer has military background.
Love between Alex and Madison is stronger more and more everyday although old flame from the past appears.
The 3rd book is packed with action and dangerous situations. Madison is trying to prove her brother's innocence with Jordan's help and she succeeds. We also find out how A. J. become Alex. In the end everything comes into it's place.
O, and the s
Dana Holland
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The 3rd installment in the Alex Drake series, this book has it all. Alex, Madison, Paco, Mark, Jess, Dan, and Jordan Stone lead us on a rollercoaster ride of suspense, hot sex, laughter, and tears but what a ride! It just gets better and better Lexxi!!
Alison Davis
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am absolutely in love with this series and I can't wait to see what the last book brings. Action, adventure, mystery, intrigue, twists, turns, well written story line and a whole lot of sexy make this such a wonderful read. I liked how we got back stories on Alex and Paco. These books are so much fun to read that you won't want to put it down once you start it. I stayed up well into the night to finish this one because I couldn't stop reading it.
Adrienne
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow I am loving this series and book 3 didn't disappoint it was a suspense cant wait to see what happens next kind of book that had a good ending ....... I cant wait to see what this author writes next
Lisa Gallant
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this book I love Madison ..love how strong she is and love how she want to find out about her brother Jack , get to know more about his past, I love to find more about Alex and what make of Alex and that the chemistry and the hot steamy scenes are still there . Also love the new character , I couldn’t put it down, it a must read book , hurry and get this book
AJ's book-reMarks
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Burned is the third book in the Alex Drake series, it’s hot sexual, seductive, suspenseful romance filled with fun, sensual, and explicit love scenes that leave nothing to your imagination.
Madison Taylor is engaged to Alex Drake; the news of their engagement made it to the headlines, and gossip around the water cooler will never be the same again, especially when one is eavesdropping on employee conversations.
Hushed is the name Jordan Stone, the absolute seducer and the woman who changed AJ in
Ri
Apr 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

I enjoyed this series and these wonderful characters. However, they fell short in this book. I cannot quite put my feeling on what it was but I just didn't connect to this part as much.

Still, I'm glad I discovered this author.
Natalie Casey
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Burning Stars!!!

Talk about heat!! I'm the third installment of this series, a lot of our questions about Alex's past are answered, but there's also a lot of intense scenes, mystery, and finally closure for Madison, her dad and Paco!!I
I absolutely loved this book!! My only problem is I want more!!
Susan Homan
Jun 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Burned

Burned: An Alex Drake Novel (The Alex Drake Series Book 3)
Lexxi James

This series seriously just keeps getting better and better! This is a series that you really need to read in order so you understand the characters and what is driving everything. This is book 3 and we learn more about Alex, Jack and Paco in this one. Of course Madison is still here, and there are still steamy scenes with her and Alex. Madison is coming into her own, and we see how strong and capable of a woman she really
K Huskić
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this one! I even got teary! These books take you on an emotional journey, filled with love and romance, but also suspense and a little mystery.

When people from their past turn up searching for something, Alex, Madison, and friends, work together to figure out what they're really after, and why. This one also gives us a glimpse into the men's pasts, when they were recruited for their mission with Jack.

I really liked this one. I love the characters, and their relationships with one another
Denise Higgins
Rachel Talavera
Grace O'Neal
Rosanna Ingram
Cheyenne L
Mya Murphy
Lexxi James
Nov 26, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Bonnie  Barrett
kelly
Nese Gordon
Bsue Hook
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Mending Fate (The Scottish Billionaire #3)
  • Breaking Rules (The Scottish Billionaire #2)
  • Off Limits (The Scottish Billionaire #1)
  • Dr. Mitchell (Billionaires' Club #1)
  • The War (Bratva Blood #2)
  • Every Little Thing (The Ink Well Chronicles, #4)
  • Dating Disaster with a Billionaire (Blue Ridge Mountain Billionaires, #1)
  • The Perfect Pitch (Indianapolis Lightning, #1)
  • Down to Fall (Love Happens #5)
  • River in the Mountains (River's End, #13)
  • Baby Secret (Slade Brothers, #3)
  • Dangerous Therapy (O'Connor Brothers #1)
  • Jackson's Love (Lake Hope #3)
  • Behind the Count (Cessna U Wildcats #2)
  • Barely Breathing (Keep Breathing, #1)
  • Cross My Heart
  • Billionaire's Unexpected Bride
  • The King (Bratva Blood #1)
Lexxi James | Author of Romantic Suspense

Lexxi James is a best-selling author of romantic suspense. She’s
grateful that the voices in her head lend themselves well to
writing romance novels. More often than not, she’s surgically
attached to her laptop. Her feats in multi-tasking include binge
watching Netflix and sucking down a cappuccino in between
feverish typing and loads of laundry.

❤️She loves to c

Alex Drake (3 books)
  • Access (Alex Drake, #1)
  • Exposed (Alex Drake #2)