Start by marking “Lie, Lie Again” as Want to Read:

Lie, Lie Again

All three women who live at 1054 Mockingbird Lane have secrets…and with a body at the bottom of their apartment building’s staircase, those secrets need to stay buried.

Expected publication: January 1st 2021 by Lake Union Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Lie, Lie Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lie, Lie Again

Start your review of Lie, Lie Again
Herbie
Jul 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Oh... Is that it?

While I loved reading Lie, Lie Again (the writing is fab), I've come away feeling a bit deflated. Maybe it's my own fault: I was expecting something along the mystery/thriller genre, but this was most definitely missing the thrill.
When the book was wrapping up in the last few chapters, I kept waiting for the twist, the ah moment. But alas, nothing but an unnecessarily long ending.
Carlene Inspired
Find this review and others at Carlene Inspired.

Suburban drama, superb writing, and so many lies made Lie, Lie Again a hit for me. Stacy Wise gives readers a glimpse into the lives of three women living in an apartment complex and the desperate decisions they make as the lies pile up. Sylvie is desperate for a husband, Ricky is struggling both with money and a hopeless crush, and finally there's too-sweet Embry, mother of two and wife to a struggling actor. Polite in passing previously, the thre
Chandra Claypool (wherethereadergrows)
OMG, this book was a bundle of fun. Let me introduce you to Sylvia, a very smart and cunning woman who will do anything to achieve her dreams; Riki, a dreamer who is a good girl essentially but her daydreams just may get her into trouble she doesn't need; and Embry, the stunning wife of a gorgeous husband who is exhausted by her two beautiful children and a life that doesn't seem to be getting anywhere no matter how hard they try. Enter draaaaaama. YAY.

For me, this was pure entertainment. One th
HeyAnci
May 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book focuses on 3 women living in a complex like (like they are neighbor) Sylvia Em and Riki. They all dealing with life and their own secrets when a dead body ends up rocking their lives. It was such a slow paced mystery but still amazing. I loved Sylvia's story as she was such a likeable character in her own way.. Thanks to the publisher for my ARC.
Renee Moyles
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was ok
The blurb of the story intrigued me. Three women, living in the same apartment complex, with very different stories. Sylvia, a professional woman in her mid-thirties with a boyfriend that might just be the one. Embry, married with 2 children and another on the way, wife to a struggling actor. And Riki, teacher with a crush on her neighbours husband. Each one has a secret, but whose will cause the most destruction.

I was really looking forward to reading this. It had all the ingredients for a gre
bookswithmaddi
Thank you to Netgalley and Lake Union Publishing for an ARC in exchange for an honest review!

“Lie, Lie Again” follows the three women living at 1054 Mockingbird Lane: Embry, Riki, and Sylvia. All carry life-changing secrets that they fully intend to keep hidden. With a swift turn of events they find themselves with a body at the bottom of the stairs, and secrets leaking out of their sleeves. To what extent will these women go to keep those secrets buried?
I requested this ARC on a whim, the cove
Emily (Obsessed Reader)
Apr 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Surprisingly delicious writing that kept me wanting more even when the plot seemed a bit stagnant in some areas. While reading I could feel the build of the plot like the simmer before a boil. I connected deeply with characteristics of each character and I felt that they became close friends of mine. This book perfectly displays the light and darkness within us all and it was a gripping read. The ending surprised me by being a happy ending that I didn’t know I needed, but I was also not disappoi ...more
Grace Jagger
Apr 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-arcs
‘Lie, Lie Again’ was such a fantastic read! Set in an apartment complex, we follow Embry, Sylvia and Riki as they deal with their own secrets as well as uniting to stop the complex being sold. Despite their best efforts to keep their secrets hidden a body ends up at the bottom of the stairs...
This was not what I expected and I loved it! I thought this would be a fast paced thriller but it was a really slow paced, character focused narrative with enough mystery to keep you reading on. Of the thre
Margot Lissens
Jun 15, 2020 rated it did not like it
The book started of with the quite typical thriller starting chapter of a body being found, and then we go back in time to get to know the characters and work our way up to the moment of the death. So from the first chapter you don't know who the dead person or who the killer is.

Even though that's quite a typical start to a thirller, I usually really like non-linear storytelling, especially in thrillers. However, this book was not actually told in a non-linear way. The first chapter was basicall
Ajla
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
The premise and the beginning of this book gave of some Big Little Lies vibes which got me very intrigued. However it fell flat for me as I found all the characters pretty one dimensional and uninteresting. I didn't connect to anyone and some characters were very irritating and not exactly believable (Sylvia). I do think this novel will find its audience but that sadly isn't me.

Thanks to Netgalley for sending me this advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.
Laura Coates
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you NetGalley and Lake Union Publishing for an ARC of such a funny and dark book!

I really enjoyed the different voices in the narration and how the women’s lives intersected. Admittedly the first couple chapters were a bit slow but when it picked up, it really picked up. I struggled to put this book down.

I would absolutely recommend this book to those who enjoy Liane Moriarty, Claire Mackintosh and Ruth Ware.
Deborah Marie
Apr 19, 2020 rated it liked it
This was such a deliciously written, entertaining rainy day novel that had me hooked and wanting more from the very start!

Seriously, this was such a fun and easy to get into book. As soon as I started reading it, I snuggled up in bed with a cup of coffee (and it was indeed a rainy day while reading it BTW) and I then proceeded to read the entire thing in one sitting.

I love the entire Melrose Place-esque feel of the novel, as the setting certain had a very similar feel to the TV show, as it took
Chloe (Always Booked)
Apr 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I want to thank NetGalley and the publisher for allowing me to read an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. This book had a really interesting synopsis, but I felt like the execution was greatly lacking. This is about 3 women who all live in the same apartment complex and their lives and "friendship" with each other. We know from the beginning that someone is dead at the bottom of the stairs and the rest of the book is an exploration of how nobody is all good or bad. The 3 women in ...more
Olga Gamer
May 22, 2020 rated it it was ok
"Lie, Lie Again" starts off with a bang: a body found splayed facedown on the asphalt outside of the apartment complex on Mockingbird Lane. Three women are gathered nearby, looking at the scene, and the book is told from their alternating point-of-views. Sylvia, the woman who thinks she's finally found the one and upon learning he's deceived her, sets off to dark measures to obtain her revenge. There's sweet stay-at-home Embry, who has two young children and is married to Brandon, a bartender tr ...more
Donna Hines
Jun 16, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, netgalley
So much excitement and issues surround 1054 Mockingbird Lane-that I can't imagine anyone wanting to be there.
We have three women in this new novel by Stacy Wise that are quite vivid, lively, and so darn colorful in each of their own ways.
Sylvia is our planner and troublemaker in my opinion. Riki is the girl next door career motivated female with her boyfriend as her pillar of strength.
Embry is the married mom holding down two jobs as both a bartender and an actor with it all going on simultaneou
Darina kelly
Apr 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lie lie again by Stacey Wise.
3 very different women living in an apartment complex in Los Angeles.
Embry, a young sweet southern belle married with 2 kids, Riki, an elementary teacher who doesn't know what she wants and Sylvia, a no nonsense, devious woman with serious daddy issues in her mid thirties.
All 3 woman have their own secrets and the books starts with a dead body at the bottom of the stairs to this complex.
This book was not what I expected. Not so much a thriller but more of an easy
Kristara Araya
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
4/5🌟

Lie, Lie again follows three women living in the same housing complex with their own enthralling twists of drama. Sylvia doesn’t have great history with men. Riki struggles to make ends meet, especially with her job as second-grade teacher in private school in which she feels her professionalism is questioned day by day. Embry, on the other hand, is a mother of two and wife of devoted husband, Brandon, who has little bit out of hand with their growing family. Each characters’ stories flow se
All.cozied.up
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was ok
Characters: There were a lot of characters in this book, but I didn't really like any of them. The only character that was likable to me was Embry.

Speed: It took me quite a while to read this book. I wasn't super into it, so I wasn't drawn to pick it up.

Twists: Eh, not really. There was one twist at the end that I liked. Besides that, not really.

Overall Thoughts: I love books when they're told by multiple characters, so I was super excited for this book. However, I thought there was too much goi
Jacqueline
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is a fantastic book of thrills, surprises, and mysteries that captivate you from the very first page! It keeps you hanging on because the events and characteristics of the people in the book are so lifelike, and because of the tragedy hinted at at the beginning of the books makes you desperately curious to know what led up to it. I think readers would enjoy it because the characters are very personable and relatable so it’s easy to envision their lives, problems, and dreams. I think re ...more
Taniya
Aug 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I totally adored this mind-blowing story about three women who live in an apartment complex in Mockingbird Lane, LA. I’m all down for a woman centered tale and that is what I got—an epic story of three strong—yet vulnerable—and powerful women who, even though they look fragile, could do anything if prompted.
Oh, I can’t express how much I loved Sylvia Webb’s character. She is
Jessica Reads It
Apr 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received this arc in exchange for an honest review from NetGalley.

Somebody contact Lifetime and tell them to make this book into a movie, please! Three women, three narrations- one epic tale!

I am all down for a strong and powerful woman who knows what she wants and takes charge of her own destiny, but I certainly was not prepared for Sylvia Webb and her plotting and downright diabolical plans for finding her Mr. Right. Sylvia has an extremely clinical approach to finding a life partner with m
Hope Hunter
Jul 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Sylvia, Embry and Riki live in a California four-plex. The fourth apartment was occupied by the building’s owner who recently passed away. The three women call themselves ‘friends,’ but in reality know very little about each other. Sylvia is desperate to get past issues of her father’s abandonment when she was a young girl and continually hooks up with Mr. Wrongs. She thought the most recent was a keeper but was furious and humiliated to find out he was not only married, but had a new baby. Riki ...more
Cindy Bokma
Apr 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Lie, Lie Again by Stacy Wise is a book about women living in the same building in California and their lives intersect. I kind of pictured it like Melrose Place, did you ever watch that show?

Three women, three secrets. On Mockingbird Lane, Sylvia, Embry, and Riki all harbor secrets and personal decisions that could affect other people. For Sylvia, she is dealing with the fact her boyfriend Hugh has been lying about some pretty big things, like being married.

Embry is pregnant with her third child
Rose | Life Amongst the Pages
Jul 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lie, Lie Again follows the lives of three women Sylvia, Rikki and Embry who all live separate but equally interesting drama-filled lives all whilst living at the same apartment block. The story opens at the end with a discovery of a body at the bottom of the stairs which leaves you guessing what events lead to this. Although this was initially a fun game it began to grow tedious as the story continued as it seemed to completely stray away from this plot point entirely.
I want to start by saying I
Wendy
May 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Three women's secrets come crashing down as a result of murder in their neighborhood... Lies, drama and a delicious character-focused slow-paced mystery.

The action takes place in a California apartment complex as we follow three of its residents:
- Sylvia - a working professional with a great boyfriend, except that his ex-wife is doing her best to get under Sylvia's skin
- Embry - married with two children to a bartender and aspiring actor whose career just can't seem to pick up.
- Riki - a teache
Rylanne Burdette
Lie, Lie Again is a dramatic story revolving around three women, Sylvia, Embry, and Riki. Sylvia is a successful woman in her late thirties who is longing to have a baby of her own, much like twenty-five year old Embry, who has two children and a third one (which she is hiding from her husband) on the way. Riki is harboring very strong feelings for Embry’s husband, Brandon. Each one has her own secrets that are threatening to undo their lives.

I just want to say that I am absolutely in love with
Stacey Caldarone
Jul 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lie, Lie Again
“For three women with so much to hide, there’s no such thing as a little white lie…”

First off, thank you to Lake Union Publishing for this opportunity to read and review this book before it is released. This wasn’t my typical psychological thriller but it was definitely a suspenseful before which is my second favorite genre.

I really enjoyed most of these characters, except Sylvia. Once you read this book, I am sure you will agree with my hatred for her. I also understand that ever
Rebecca Harper
May 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lie, Lie Again follows three women who all live in an apartment complex called 1054 Mockingbird Lane. Each woman - Sylvia, Riki & Embry - all have issues & secrets that they would like to keep to themselves, and when the recently passed owners' son decides he wants to sell the building, the three ladies realise they need to work together to stop it.

This book throws you straight into the deep end with a 'partical reveal' in the first page. Then, the story flashes back and we start to learn about
MaryRuth
I started this book one afternoon and stayed up to midnight to finish to book because I could't put it down! You know that is a sign of a good book.

Lie, Lie Again tells the story of 3 neighbors Sylvia, Embry, and Riki who all live at 1054 Mockingbird Lane. They all have their secrets that they are hiding. Embry is keeping a secret from her husband, Riki is keeping a secret from Embry, and Sylvia is keeping multiple secrets from everyone she knows and someone is lying to her as well. The book op
Veronika Booth Ward
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Sylvia Webb has a plan. And a potential Mr. Right. He’s sweet, simple, and dependably clueless about what she’s up to. The only thing unpredictable about him is his needy ex-girlfriend, who is this close to shattering Sylvia’s dreams. But Sylvia’s not going to let that happen.

Riki McFarlan has a good career and an amazing boyfrien
« previous 1 3 next »

• Too Good to Be True
  • Confessions on the 7:45
  • The Wife Who Knew Too Much
  • Goodnight Beautiful
Stacy Wise is the author of Lie, Lie Again, which releases on 1/1/21. Her other novels include Beyond the Stars and Maybe Someone Like You. She lives in California with her family. Before becoming a full-time writer, Stacy worked in television casting on shows including Party of Five, The X Files, and Sabrina, the Teenage Witch. When she's not dreaming up stories, you can find her beating up the b ...more