Start by marking “The Mating of Michael (Sex in Seattle, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Mating of Michael (Sex in Seattle, #3)

The Mating of Michael

(Sex in Seattle #3)

This is the 3rd book in the Sex in Seattle series, but it features a new couple and can be read as a stand alone.

Everyone admires Michael Lamont for being a nurse, but his part-time work as a gay sex surrogate not only raises eyebrows, it's cost him relationships. Michael is small, beautiful, and dedicated to working with people who need him. But what he really wants is
Kindle Edition, 2nd edition, 240 pages
Published January 30th 2020 by Pinkerton Road LLC (first published June 29th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Mating of Michael, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mating of Michael

Start your review of The Mating of Michael (Sex in Seattle, #3)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
This is hands down my favorite Sex in Seattle book to date, even though it's nothing like the first two books in the series, which were light and funny.

The Mating of Michael is more. It's still an easy read, because Easton writes with effortless grace, and I sink right into her novels.

But this is not a light story. There are lighthearted moments between Michael and James, sure. They are both geeky and a little silly, so their bantering was humorous and cute. But this book deals with some seriou
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Hot, sexy, and emotional.... DAMN, Eli Easton just NAILED this one and she nailed it HARD!!

Just to set the stage, I started this book on a plane from Chicago to New York, surrounded on all sides by Orthodox Jews. And I read this in paperback. Pictured me huddled around my book so my uber-religious seat mates couldn't read about the scorching hot man-sex happening on page. And it was so freaking hot!

It isn't often that a book makes me actually cry. But this book! Gah! It was so in-your-face emot
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Jul 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Mating of Michael is the third book in the Sex in Seattle series by Eli Easton. While there is humor in this one, it’s a little more emotional than the first two. The subject matter perhaps a little more serious. I met Michael in the other books so I was looking forward to his story.

Michael Lamont is twenty six years old and is a home health care nurse as well as a gay sex surrogate for Expanded Horizons. Michael has a very small build but is strong and has a heart as big as all of Seattle.
Nick Pageant
Jul 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, rent-boys
description

No! Please just look away!

First off, I have to steal from my fellow fantasy nerd Erika's review and say that this book's title made me hesitate, but thanks to all my friends' great reviews and my love of Eli Easton, I dove right in.

The story concerns Michael, a sex surrogate, and his romance with James, a disabled writer. This book is more deliciously sweet than a Nutella crepe bought from a Parisian street vendor. I loved it.

Eli Easton's writing style is on the light side, a thing I appreciate
Baba
Jun 30, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
3 stars. Review posted July 8, 2014

photo oie_FQRVOuR5Kjah_zps384156d2.gif

I loved Superhero but The Mating of Michael wasn't on a par with that story, IMO. It lacked the impact I was hoping for, probably due to James’s persistent negativism which got tiresome after a while. Though I can see why so many readers loved James and Michael's story. Some aspects I enjoyed and others not so much. Fact is, I loved the sassy and straightforward Marnie; she was my favorite character. The eighty-nine-year-old former burlesque dancer was the s@it
Rosa, really
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who want s something sweet but not overwhelming with the cheese.
Recommended to Rosa, really by: Everybody

*Had to fix a fucking gif....

Okay, gimme a sec…

description

One minute…

You know how good this book is? I read the last 20% while watching last night’s Letterman. Colin Firth was the guest. Colin “Please soak your shirt so I can ride you like a pony” Firth.

Fuck Firth! I’m reading, you bastards.

When we first met Michael in The Trouble With Tony I so wanted to read a story about him. And I was so disappointed that the second book wasn’t about him. But it was worth wait. Michael is gorgeous & kind & empathetic a
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)

Linky to my original review of the paperback version: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Eli Easton is one of my favorite authors and The Mating of Michael is one of my favorite books, so when the book came out in audio I was very interested in trying it. This alone is a little unusual for me. I tend to not listen to the audio of books that I've read before because I never want the audiobook to change my opinion of a book that I've previously loved. However, I've listened to many narrations
Susan
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I have to thank Dani for her review of the book and bringing it to the forefront of my attention. I'd fully planned on reading it, but her review made me bring it to the top of my list! THANKS, DANI!

**********

I HEART THIS BOOK SO HARD!

Eli Easton is such a great storyteller. And as much as I've loved all her books to date, I wondered with this being her first full-length novel, how she'd fare. Would she be able to sustain the story over 250 pages? Well, she KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK. T
Sheziss
*Taking a deep breath in*

************

When I hear the word "polio" I think about this:

And this:

And this:

And I think... Why are they smiling? How can they be smiling?

They could stay like that for months. Or their whole life. Or never because they were dead.

Those pics stuck to me, it's one of those medical horrors I can't understand that exists(ed). But believe it or not, three good things came out of this:

1. A rich man's son died to polio and invested lots of money for the vaccine. The following
Erika
Dear Author, you bastard,

First of all, you psyched me out with this title, which pretty much guaranteed I would not have read the book if not for some trusty Goodreads reviewers and their glowing reviews. Then you managed to do the almost impossible: you made me tear up, damn you! You have killed me with this utterly sweet, kind, caring, and moving story of Michael and James and their love. It was never over the top or ridiculous, it was always just right.

My heart hurt so many times while readi
Vivian
May 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-contemp
Understanding empathy.

Empathy and love are not the same thing. Michael is a highly empathetic man who can't seem to find love. His profession is misunderstood and his fear of rejection compounds the situation. When he has the chance to grab a dream, he dives for it.

James is more than a little leery. His past relationships and emotional connections have taught him one thing--no one really wants him. Pretty devastating and I could go off on a huge rant--I think I will--(view spoiler)
Ingie
Written October 23, 2015

4 1/2 Stars - Among the cutest, most charming and heartwarming in this genre

Yay!! ~ description description description description description

I didn't like the first part (as well on audio but with another narrator), The Trouble With Tony (2.5 stars), so very much but I crossed my fingers this one would fit me much better. (A M/M with recs and by a author I most often likes to read.) ...And it really was my kind of novel.

Loved every single audiobook minute
Eight addictive good (and quite interesting) hours narrated in a spl
Heller
Perfection.

Except now I'm a weepy mess who has to get up and go to work in the morning with hardly any sleep. Damn you, unputdownable book!

Review later after I've caught some zzs.

I adore geeks in love, geeks are my people! This was a double GFY (Geek For You) so I revelled in it.

Michael is a registered nurse and a sex surrogate. He finds it difficult to maintain any kind of relationship because of his surrogacy job but he strongly believes in the work he does so he's not considered ever giv
* A Reader Obsessed *
5 Stars!

Can I just say that I really, really, really liked this, despite the high amount of angsty fretting it put me through??

Geezus.

One. You've got such raw vulnerability and want from James. His painful past, his every fear and insecurity and doubt was so acutely felt. His absolute, torturous desire in hoping Michael was sincere in his intentions made me ache.

Two. You've got the sweetest, most compassionate, kindest soul in Michael. He too just wants to connect and love and be loved. Is that
Eli Easton
May 29, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Mating-Michael-...

"The Mating of Michael" is the 3rd in the Sex in Seattle series, but it works fine as a stand-alone m/m romance. This series revolves around the patients and caregivers at a sex clinic in Seattle. Michael Lamont is the clinic's gay sex surrogate and he appeared as a secondary character in book #1 (The Trouble with Tony) and #2 (The Enlightenment of Daniel). This book is Michael's story.

Here's my desktop (inspirational images) for "The Mating o
✦❋Arianna✦❋
3.75 STARS

“The Mating of Michael” is the 3rd and final book in “Sex in Seattle” series and like its predecessors it can be read as a standalone. If the two books in the series are more light and funny, this one was more emotional.

Michael is a nurse and a part-time sex surrogate. He loves his jobs and loves to give others a little something. Michael knows other people don’t understand what he does for a living and see surrogacy as a very big deal. He loves to read science fiction, especially book
Steelwhisper
Bev
***Audio Review ***

Obviously didn't do a review when I listened to this one before 🤔. I think Michael's raspy voice is probably an acquired taste, but I have listened to him do other audio...Melanie Hansen's Unquiet for example which was really good. He doesn't do as well with female voices as some other narrators, but he was perfect for Michael and James.

***Book Review***

Adored this one. Cannot be anything other than 5 stars. Absolutely perfect, certainly the best story of the series for me and
LenaRibka
2,5 stars

There are two writers who ruined The Mating of Michael for me:

Eli Easton herself. Because she wrote Superhero-I'm still consider it as her best work- and A Prairie Dog's Love Song-maybe because it was my first of Eli and I fell terribly in love with it. The Mating of Michael has never come even close to these two books.

Jim Provenzano. Because he wrote Every Time I Think of You and Message of Love. Actually these two books ruined every future book about disability that I will read.
Sofia
Jul 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites

Why haven’t I read Easton before – dunce. Loved the writing, flowing, easy, fun, witty, loving, the showing, not the telling kind of writing, yesss….

I knew from the outset that this was a romance and those usually end in an HEA or an HFN so why did I still cry "NO, you idiot, don’t do that asshole" to James or "NO, NO, NO, Lamb please NO" to Lamb, I know why, it’s Easton, that is why, she made me forget everything outside the book and immersed me in their goings on. For this I thank her. There i
Anyta Sunday
Best Eli Easton book I've read yet.

If you're wondering, this book can be read as a standalone!!! (I read it that way)

Really enjoyed all aspects of this story. :)

The main characters: they absolutely stole my heart, both of them! Michael for his great big heart, and James for his blunt, geeky wit.

The side characters: What hoots! <3 they added nice color to the whole thing.

The romance: Swoon, swoon, swoon. I loved this two and their dance towards a relationship.

The story within a story: Wow, th
Ami
I first discovered Eli Easton during last year's "Don't Read in the Closet: Love Has No Boundaries" event in which she wrote a historical story, The Lion and the Crow, . Imagine me, one who always state that historical is not her thing ... and I ended up liking it so much. I must say that although I have read several of her stories since then, "The Lion and The Crow" is still my favorite of hers

... until this one.

Hands down, "The Mating of Michael" is now my top favorite of Eli Easton's. It is t
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
I cannot put into words how much I loved this. I adored Michael before he ever had his own book. Now I know my feelings were justified. I loved Michael and James together. They touched my heart deeply. I cried for them. I rooted for them. They deserved their hard won HEA.
Sheri
And this was it. Exactly what I was waiting for. Was the build-up worth it? Was it everything I had hoped for? Yes, yes and YES! I absolutely adored this final tale in the trio of Sex in Seattle. Consider the first two well-deserved foreplay if you must but this was the peak I was craving. If I’m entirely honest, I wasn’t sold on Michael in the previous books. Intrigued, yes. Smitten, not quite. However! Now that I’ve had the pleasure of experiencing his marvelous mating, I flipping love him. An ...more
Bev
For a girl who has ridiculous OCD and needs to read series in order, I jumped right into this one well out of order. Go me! And I really liked it. I love me a good hurt/comfort read, and this one had it in spades.

A really sweet romance that ticked all the boxes
Otila
Jun 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a sweet story.

I adored Michael. He’s sweet and so compassionate, he’s almost too good to be true. I thought it would be difficult for me to accept Michael having a job as a sex surrogate and a relationship at the same time but as I got to know Michael and his clients it became much easier to understand. Michael's job is not about sex, it's about healing and compassion. Michael’s sessions with his clients were very well written. "The kind of compassion you have is like a diamond
Giulio
May 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Giulio by: everyone

One of the best Eli Easton's books I've read so far.
Deeply emotional and with the right amount of lighthearted moments.

As a SF geek, I appreciated all the references to the science fiction movies and books. (And Lamb's story: a book in the book, awesome idea)

As a man with some intimacy issues, I found Michael's character and the interactions with his clients very believable and heart warming. I had a few doubts about the sex surrogacy thing, but Easton did an awesome job at describing it. I beli
Alona
WHAT A BOOK!!

I did not read the first two books in the series, I am SO going to do it soon!
Eli Easton's writing is beautiful, she writes her main characters in a way that captivate you and make you feel everything they go through in the core of your soul.

Daniel is a pure heart, a beautiful, sweet young man, that can absolutely ignores someone's appearance and looks, and see right into their heart.
This is what happens to him when he meet his favorite author at a book signing. He only see the man
Meep
Jul 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Meep by: Rosa, really
I enjoyed reading this; the tone of the book appealed it was warm and touching when it could easily have fallen to angst, the characters won me over and wanting to know their story and see them reach a HEA kept me engrossed and turning pages (and rude to the idiots who'd dare interrupt!)

Michael's job is something I had doubts about, because sex surrogacy whatever the intention is still sex and that's cheating right?
Actually Easton won me over in the first pages. Michael is a sweetheart, this pr
Lilia Ford
I read this through in one day and couldn't put it down. I really liked the whole set up--James' sci-fi background, Michael's mix of empathetic and insecure, the dynamic between them. To my surprise, I especially liked the flashbacks and the excerpts of James' story, interruptions which usually make me impatient and howling to get back to the main story.

I can't say in the end, though, that I was completely satisfied, like this might become a favorite book. The character of Marnie rang some earl
Dreamspinner Press: The Mating of Michael by Eli Easton 1 16 Jul 02, 2014 03:37PM

• After Felix (Close Proximity, #3)
  • The Making of Jonty Bloom (Unfinished Business, #1)
  • Bossy
  • Merry Measure
  • Rattlesnake
  • Dirty Mind
  • The Layover (The Layover, #1)
  • Off Balance (Painted Bay, #1)
  • Say You’ll Be Nine (Say You'll Be Nine, #1)
  • Muscling Through
  • Spring Strings
  • The Happy List (Better With You, #1)
  • Fakers (Licking Thicket, #1)
  • Naked Weekend (Naked #1)
  • Pieces of You (Missing Pieces, #1)
  • Home Plate (Easton U Pirates, #2)
  • Headstrong (Vino & Veritas, #3)
  • Down Low (Down Home #1)
Having been, at various times and under different names, a minister’s daughter, a computer programmer, the author of paranormal mysteries, a game designer, an organic farmer, an avid hiker, and a profound sleeper, Eli is happily embarking on yet another incarnation as a m/m romance author.

As an addicted reader of such, she is tinkled pink when an author manages to combine literary merit, vast sto

Sex in Seattle (4 books)
  • The Trouble With Tony (Sex in Seattle, #1)
  • The Enlightenment of Daniel (Sex in Seattle, #2)
  • The Redemption of River (Sex in Seattle, #4)