Start by marking “Longing (Resist, #2)” as Want to Read:
Longing (Resist, #2)

Longing

(Resist #2)

Kindle Edition, 3rd Edition, 276 pages
Published January 17th 2020 by Amazon Digital Services (first published January 19th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Longing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Longing

Start your review of Longing (Resist, #2)
Keep Calm Novel On
I received a copy of the ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Longing by Lilly Avalon is the steamy sequel to Resist. Allegra and Devlin’s journey unexpectedly continues as he relocates. She is completely taken by surprise when she sees him at work. The chemistry between them is overwhelming.

The chapters are short and fast paced. The dialogue is well written giving each character a strong and distinct voice. The plot continues to revel Allegra’s world—her layers are brilliantly e
Vivian Bravo
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC copy in exchange for an honest review.

In the last installment of Allegra's and Devlin's story, we were left hanging as Allegra left Devlin alone in the hotel room after their one night together. Its been 2 months and 5 days according to Allegra since she left Devlin in that hotel room. Although all she wants to do is forget that night, her mind keeps coming back to all the thoughts of that passionate night she shared with Devlin.

"I never want to wake up alone like that eve
Esperanza
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lilly Avalon really knows how to tell a story. I mean she just takes you for one bit of happiness to another and then moves on you with shocking surprises that you just would not believe are actually going down! This is the work of a writer that knows just how to make her readers fall in love with her work! Yep, you read that right! I was just head over heels into Longing. At first, I wasn't sure that I could move with it. This is the bad thing about me and reading, I always like to understand t ...more
Marie
In Lilly Avalon’s Resist, we got a taste of Allegra and Devlin’s story. The chemistry between them sizzled on the pages, but I was left wanting more. I wanted to know more about Allegra - her past, her motives, and her reason for running. I was sure there could be more between these two, so I was thrilled when I found out Lilly was writing a continuation of Allegra and Devlin’s story, and that it would be a full-length novel.

There’s so much to love about Longing. Allegra is smart, sassy, and sn
Rob
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the follow on book to Resist, and takes up some time later after Allegra walked away from Devlin after their one night together.

I have to say Ms Avalon writes passion well and makes the feelings that each character is feeling very believable. The course of true love never runs smooth but you can’t help hoping that it will work out in the end for these two.

Devlin is very honest with his feelings towards Allegra but she always seems to have an inner dialogue convincing her that she’s not t
Lilly Avalon
Jun 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
Why, hello there my lovelies!

Ah... it's time... time to find out what happens next for Allegra and Devlin. Well, I'm going to give you a couple of hints.

There will be some of this...

description

And a whole lotta this (and I mean A LOT)...

description

Intrigued? Well, I hope so. I loved writing it so much. It's one of my favorites so far. And discover why Devlin Pierce is my book boyfriend FOR LIFE.

Coming January 27th 2015!

XOXO,
Lilly Avalon

PS: Read the whole first chapter on my blog here. <3
Barone1997live.com
I was so excited to read my ARC copy of Longing to see what becomes of Devlin and Allegra. The second installment of their story was touching, emotional,and an all in all love story. I kept waiting for Devlin to do something wrong, or Allegra's fears to come between them. The sex scenes were hot, the chemistry was off the charts. The turmoil seemed to come from Allegra's best friend, Sonya, and her not so perfect romance. I was absolutely happy with the ending and am so glad that Allegra and Dev ...more
Kathy Wideman
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica-sex, romance
It has been 2 months since Allegra fled from Devlin’s hotel room. She still can’t get him out of head and she doesn’t understand why. They agreed to a one-night stand and that’s what happened. She can’t let him in and he told her he isn’t interested in settling down and that’s what Allegra is looking to do. Her best friend helps her set up an online profile at an internet dating site. They think that this will help her move along from Devlin. Then she gets a big surprise, she goes to work one da ...more
Spunky N Sassy
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet N Sassy Book A Holics Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~Dee's 5 Star Review~~~~~~~~~~

This story is beautiful, sweet and precious. Allegra and Devlin have a strong physical attraction to each other but a one night stand just doesn't end it for them. Allegra has locked up her heart so strongly that she allows only casual encounters. When Devlin moves and begins to work where she works, she fights his every advance out of a deep fear that if she opens her heart, it could become crushed like before.

It was
Lisa F
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adults, r2r, romance
I loved allegra and devlin in the first book, but after reading longing I have fallen more in love with this couple.

lilly avalon is is a brilliant storyteller. I love that we are reading it the book from allegras point of view and there is so much detail and emotion we can't help but be connected to her.
* think there should be a devlin POV* hint hint lol.

A few quotes from allegra that had me laughing :

on devlin:
"what in the ever-loving fuck".

" devlin has ruined me for not only other men, but al
Kim Sutton
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC of this book for my honest review.

This is book 2 in the Resist series. In book one we had but a very small taste of Allegra and Devlin. This book is the full steam packed amazing story of how the pair meet again! I really needed this after reading the first book. I would have been so disappointed if I didn't get to read more of Allegra and Devlin!

Book one ended with Allegra leaving poor Devlin asleep in his hotel bed, believing she wouldn't have to run into him again! How wron
Briana Pacheco
Sep 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finally we have Allegra and Devlin's happy ending. The ending of Resist was left off with Allegra leaving so you know that once she sees Devlin pop up at her work, she's going to have mixed feelings. And he works there!!

Longing showed a deeper insight into why Allegra is the way she is and I understood it. Her heart was broken and she didn't want it to happen again. Allegra tries to resist Devlin but it's pointless when their feelings get involved. As for the side characters, I loved Sonya! Ador
Jennifer Pierson
I recently discovered Lilly Avalon and can I say I'm so glad I did. I LOVE her writing!

Longing picked up two months after Allegra ran out of Devlin's hotel room. I'm so very glad I read these books together or I would have completely tripped out. Allegra comes face to face with Devlin again when he is hired at the place that she works. She is now faces with seeing him every day. Devlin still wants her.

In Longing, Lilly does an amazing job of exploring Allegra and Devlin's story in more detail.
Jessica
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I received a copy of this book from the Author in exchange for an honest review!

This is book two in the series, the follow up to Resist and continues on after book one ends....2 months later.

Delvin has not forgotten Allegra or the fact that she ran out on him, before morning of their one night stand.

Allegra has some issues she needs to overcome before she can truly be happy. Delvin will do whatever he can to make Allegra happy.

Can these two find a way to be happy and together or will everything
Heather
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, r2r
Omg! I never doubted Longing would be amazing but...WOW. The story picks up two months after Allegra leaves Devlin asleep in the hotel room. Now they work together. Devlin is suddenly everywhere. He insists he won't hurt her or leave her. He wants a relationship. Eventually Allegra gives in.

Just like in Resist, the chemistry between these two is very sexy. I guess I understand Allegra's apprehension but Devlin is so wonderful I don't know how she was able to stay away. When Devlin said, 'I neve
Colleen
Sep 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this ending for Devilin and Allegra. It was perfect.
Devlin was so sweet and understanding. I could feel his love. I kept waiting for him to explode at sometime and maybe he should of because at times seemed a wimp.Maybe a little stronger character for Devlin. I know he waited for her for a long time but to find her true feelings he needed to get really mad at a time or two. I felt Allegra was walking all over him at times. Especially when he proposed to her.
He needed to show some backbo
Love Africa Book Club
Well, Allegra thought she'd escaped Devlin after she walked away from him (See Resist). But as I indicated in the last review for book 1, Devlin is not a man who gives up easily. He shows up months later and she now has to work with him and see him every day. For how long can she say no to him. Devlin knows how to be tender and how to be intense. It's impossible not to love him. He wants her and she wants him, if she's honest. With time she changes and her feelings evolve as she lets go of her f ...more
Rafeeee
Sep 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was ARC.

Okey... I loved Resist, and I really loved Devlin. In this book, I still like Devlin, but I feel like this is a completly new book. Ok, characters are the same, but everything else is diferent. Allegiant was a bit anoying, and I wasn't sure does She know what she want. i loved the story, but I think I would like it even better if I didn't read first book first. And I loved the first book.
P.s.
I really hope that Sonya and Jack will get their own book :)
Sheri
I'm happy with the way this ended. This was a happy book. The relationship with Allegra and Devlin was strong. Their chemistry is undeniable. The flow of the writing was great.
a copy was provided to me in exchange for an honest review.
Angie
Synopsis: "It's been two months since Allegra walked out of Devlin's hotel room. Well, two months and five days, but she's not counting. She needs to move on, but before she can, Devlin shows up again...as her new coworker.

Seeing him at work every day is enough to make her lose her mind. Allegra tries to stay away from Devlin, knowing the effect he has on her, but she can't. The more she's around him, the more she's tempted to have something more with him. After everything that's happened in th
Michelle ♥ The Romance Vault ♥
My first instant thought whilst reading this book is - what a happy book, other than the odd hiccup between characters there really is no other way to describe this other than a happy read. It has a definite 'feel good' aura about it indeed.

I was very glad this book was longer than resist and more day to day than just the one night. I got my wish fulfilled and that makes me a happy bunny indeed. Is it bad I really want to play scrabble with Allegra as I'm a bit of a scrabble champ too ;-)

The che
Barbara
Loved it!!!! Longing is the follow-up to Resist and it's just as wonderful as the first book. First of all Lilly Avalon writes beautifully, you can feel the pain the happiness in her characters. I won't give away anything but there's several emotional parts in the book that I was driven to tears. Some happy tears some sad tears. Second the characters are well written loved Allegra's family especially her brothers. You could feel the love they share for each other. Cody especially is my favorite ...more
Dragonglimer
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pre-read-arc
OMG!! Lilly you did it again! I LOVED the story, I LOVED Devlin and Allegra, again. You made me cry and laugh. You pulled my heartstrings and emotions. I felt like I was really there. It was great to meet the secondary characters again. Im hoping there will be more to this series. I finished the book in about 2 hours..

I was given this book for an honest review..
Janet
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
A hot, bumpy, romantic ride

Sweet continuation of book one. Two months later, Devlin returns unexpectedly to Allegra's life. She's in an even bigger turmoil than before and pushes Devlin away with both arms. Most of the book is push pull between the two of them with neither one winning.I

Devlin is the nicest, swooniest man I've read in a while. His moves are hot and chill inducing. He seems right for Alleges but she's keeping secrets.

I did very much enjoy this series.
joan
Feb 16, 2015
Luv
rated it it was ok
May 13, 2016
What To Read Afte...: ARCs available for my upcoming novel LONGING (Resist #2) 15 27 Jan 06, 2015 12:39PM

• The Takeover (The Miles High Club #2)
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • Beautifully Cruel (Beautifully Cruel, #1)
  • Love Under Quarantine
  • Overflow (Carpino, #1)
  • Twice As Bad (Miss Demeanor, P.I., #2)
  • What Bad Girls Need (The Institute: Bad Girls, #2)
  • What Bad Girls Get (The Institute: Bad Girls #2.5)
  • What Happened to Me: a teen girl's journey into corporal punishment
  • Tanned Bottoms for Teenage Girls: Book Three
  • Purgatory (The Payment, #3)
  • Teenage Girls: The Spanking Years - Book One
  • Further Judicial Spanking Tales
  • Mean Crush
  • Move the Stars (Something in the Way, #3)
  • Over Her Daddy's Knee - Book 2: a collection of father spanks daughter stories
  • Her Mountain Brothers
  • Over Her Daddy's Knee - Book 3: a collection of father spanks daughter stories
Lilly Avalon is the thirty-something author of romance books with sexytimes. She started to pen her first erotica at twelve years old, but her mom found the "dirty story" and threw it away, which was just as well because it wasn't that good. At all. Luckily, she continued to write stories for years until she rediscovered her love of sexy tales in her late twenties.

Lilly currently resides in Ohio w

Resist (2 books)