Start by marking “Splinters of You (Retired Sinners MC #1)” as Want to Read:
Splinters of You (Retired Sinners MC #1)

Splinters of You (Retired Sinners MC #1)

Words are my weapon.
Stories wrap around my soul, choking me, capturing you.
I don't work in dreams.
I don't offer escapes.
I cage you within my nightmares.

Magnolia Grace is a horror writer, despite what the name might suggest.
One of the best in the business, if you asked around.
Pressure comes with that title. Expectation for the next nightmare. The next bestseller.
Sickness.
Th

Start your review of Splinters of You (Retired Sinners MC #1)
Island Queen Reads
If Criminal Minds, Stephen King, and Isla from The Vein Chronicles had a baby, it’d be this book times a million. Picture the darkest and most depraved thing you’ve ever seen or can think of and then multiply by a gazillion, then you’ll get this book. It’s not the kind of evil that confronts you face forward, but instead slowly seeps into your pores and drains your insides until your nothing but an empty vessel. It’d be absolutely terrifying if I wasn’t completely fascinated by it.

If you’re an
Kahea
***5 ‘I’d Much Rather Live My Nightmare In Peace Rather Than My Dream in Terror’ Stars***

There are books you devour and there are books you savour...this was a book I savoured because it needed to be, because it demanded that it be. From the first page it demanded my full attention and to take in every word as if it there were the most precious metals in the world and I enjoyed every single one and absolutely hated it when there were no more to read.

Magnolia Grace enchanted me. Yes, she is s
Tara The Obsessive Book Reader!
If I could give this book more then five stars I think I would. This book was Everything you would expect in a book. From just reading the blurb, this book oozes grit, darkness, mystery, horror and of course a sprinkle of romance within.

Splinters of you by Anne Malcom is the first book in a all new brand new Series called the Retired Sinners MC. This book is told by the heroines point of view.

This is Magnolias and Saints Story!

Words are my weapon.
Stories wrap around my soul, choking me, captu
Kodie Mackay

This is not dark romance. It's not even romance, It's something else entirely. It's raw brutality.

The world has a systematic belief on women. Women should be seen and not heard. Women should be satisfied with what they've got. Women should not be honest if being honest mean it hurts the feeling of man.

Magnolia Grace wears her self depravity like a skin and wields it like a weapon. She isn't ever going to be the heroine you think a romance should have. She's broken in a way that can't be fixed.
Bexxy (Desperately Seeking HEA's Blog)
Splinters Of You was a beautiful canvas of self depravity and so flawlessy written.

I'm always searching for a certain type of book, the ones that consume you, change you, give you goosebumps and have your heart pounding. I LOVE and CRAVE the suspense, the trepidation, the angst. The books that keep you awake in the middle of the night and give you that ice cold chill down the back of your neck. And this book? IT HAD EVERYTHING.

Splinters Of You is my first Anne Malcom book and it will not be my
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
May 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Wow. I know without a doubt that this review is not gonna be the review that this book deserves. Why? Well cos I’m crap with words and know that this book deserves the best. Having said that I’ll tell you now that this is an amazing read. I’m blown away with this authors flair with words. She sucked me in slowly until I was so invested reading that I didn’t realise I was holding my breath. Everything around me paled in comparison to the words I was reading.

Magnolia and Saint are two characters
Caro Richard
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Author, Magnolia Grace has left New York for the middle of no where in Washington (it's called Terror people, be warned!) to basically get her mojo back and maybe to run away. I'm still thinking about this whilst I mull it all over in my mind still!

'I was here to save myself. With my laptop and my fucked-up imagination.'

Five reasons you should read this book:

The starts to every chapter. Chilling but strangley beautiful!

The god damned suspense, the trepidation, in this story killed me. I don't re
 B.E.Love
May 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is not your typical Anne Malcom book and yet this book blew me away. I've said it before and I seem to keep needing to say that after every book she writes they surpassed my expectations and once I have finished the book I don't think her next book/s can be any better and yet everytime they are. You wouldn't think she could write any better or grow any more as a writer but she always seems to. This book isn't your typical romance. It's dark and different but I fell in love with this story r ...more
Ruth’s Romances
Apr 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️”I didn’t want to encourage it. Encourage the feeling, the attraction I felt toward his anger. The pull I felt toward him. But I wanted his demons. I craved them.”✨
If you enjoy:
🖤Dark Romance
🖤Dark Lead Characters
🖤Mystery
🖤Engaging Twists
🖤First person narrative
Then this may be the book for you!✨
This book is unlike anything this author has written. It’s dark, gritty, and will leave you wondering what the heck you just read. But it is bloody brilliant.✨
I have been a fan of Anne Malcom’s wr
Pamela Lilley
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sucked in by the first page. The story, the characters, their backstory (or lack of, that had me riveted), it was everything I didn’t know I wanted. Yes, the anti heroine, Magnolia Grace (don’t let the name fool you), I just loved her. Yes she was a cow, yes she was harsh, and yes, she was remarkable, strong and thought herself incapable of love. An author who goes to extreme measures to get over her writer’s block. Leaving the hustle and bustle of New York for a cabin in the woods in a town cal ...more
Irma *Irma The Book Whisperer*
Splinters of You was my first book by this author. I had no idea of her way of writing when I jumped into this.

That being said, I will now add that I was blown away by Splinters of You. The heroine is cold, distant, egoistic, and yet she's real. For a few seconds I though about how am I going to love her, but I fell for her so fast. She's wealthy, a little snoby, but not to your face, she never asks for help, she never gets into panic mode, and she's always her true self. I will admit - she's ev
 Mary~❤️~DBO
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Splinters of You (Retired Sinners MC #1) by Anne Malcom

5 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Splinters of You was my first read from the author Anne Malcom. I went blind in to the book, didn't knew what to expect, but I was blown away.

It was my kind of dark, it was AMAZING. I am speechless.
The mystery, the darkness, the horror, the suspense.......I am DEAD.

I was pleasantly surprised to read something difrent, something different from what I have read before.
Definitely won't be my last read from Anne Malcom.
I definitely
Tish (Cocktails & Fairytales)
Completely blown away!! I'm really kicking myself that I haven't read any books by this author until now. From what little I'd read about this one I had a feeling it was going to be good but it exceeded my expectations by miles. It was dark, depraved, and twisted.....all the things I love in a story like this one. The twists & turns made it impossible to put down. ...more
Mandie
May 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was great! It was thrilling and dark! It was raw and unhinged. I can always expect some crazy reads from this author.
K.  Ramjohn
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Splinters of You was nothing like I expected. This novel was unique and so different from this authors other stories. It wasn't a romance but there was a little romance in it, it wasn't a dark read but there were some trigger elements included. Anne Malcom gave us a tale that started off slow but eventually escalated, one that will have you at the edge of your seat wondering what's going to happen next, and one that had some twists you never saw coming.
This novel is the first book in a new seri
Ana Manjić
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
91-E04-B05-A528-4130-81-FA-023-F1-CDED231

"Our monsters played well together.
But our egos? Our manipulative, dark minds? They were at war."

I don’t even know how to describe this book. Shortly, this was a mind f*cu book and I loved it.

This was dark, with traces of romance, suspense, and psychological horror if you focus on facts that there was a murder, serial killer, villain, lust, sex.. it’s a raw and emotional story with layers of dark and gritty vibes, morbid writing stile, and twisted minds. You've been warned!

"So, when I met
Brandy Roberts
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WOW Anne Malcom has done it once again I so loved Splinters of you it's the first book in the Retired Sinners MC and I can't wait for more . This book was just amazing and truly unique with interesting characters and storyline that kept me up most of the night and made me think of through out the day . This author always write incredibly written heroines and that is what Magnolia is just from the first page she stole my heart and just made me fall even more through out the story just powerful . ...more
Deb Cechak
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Anne Malcom has a perverse and completely maddening talent as an author.

Her skin bleeds all over us in her stories, but this one is like drowning and being able to see the light just a few inches over your head. She tackles us with non-emotional emotions. She drives us to the brink of destruction, and then gives us another little nudge.

This author is terrifying in her development of a story (and thank the heavens, series) as she will NOT let us even guess in which direction she will take us.

Wh
Nicola
Ummmm WOW.
Not really sure how to write this review.
What a bloody story!!!
I’m not going to go into details because I can’t wrap my head around how Anne even wrote this, let anyone try and summarise for a review.
It’s. Just. That. Intense.
This is not a light story. At all. She’s a hard read. But so very much worth it.
And it couldn’t have been written any other way.
Massive slow clap to you Miss Malcom, that must’ve taken so much outta you! And we are forever grateful that you shared it with us
Amber- Leave Me Alone I’m Reading
I’ve read all of Anne’s books. This one is definitely unique. It’s very odd, in a good way, but odd. It’s wrong and it’s dirty. But it’s so real. Magnolia is so real to me. Out of all the characters I’ve read, I related to her more than anyone. She is morbidly funny. I found her highly entertaining.
Splinters of You really kept me on my toes. I thoroughly enjoyed it. If you’re looking for something dark and different, this is the book for you.
Rhonda Ziglar
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 DARK OMG STARS!! Anne Malcolm is a BRILLIANT AUTHOR....her words were so detailed, they transported me into the Magnolia story. I could feel every emotion from these characters. I was right there with them and could not breathe through there book. This book is so dark, you feel there tortured souls, with lots of OMG moments, but it is also beautiful in a different way. This will by far go down as one of my FAVORITE BOOKS EVER.
Anne Malcom
Apr 23, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
ONE WEEK AND COUNTING.

"I wasn't one person. I was many. Splinters of what I could've been. Mangled. Cut down like an old oak tree, now waiting to embed tiny pieces of myself into whoever I could. I didn't want anyone to escape me. I wanted them to absorb me, what I'd done into their souls forever. Splinters of me."
Danielle (The Caffeinated Book Addict)
☕️☕️☕️☕️ 4.5

This is one of those books that makes writing a review hard. Like the words that I come up with are not eloquent enough to do this book justice, but I’m going to do my best.

This is the first book that I’ve read of Anne Malcomes, and it most definitely won’t be my last. Splinters of You was different than anything that I usually read in the sense that I usually stick to romance, and this is dark suspense. I usually need the romance to keep me interested, and I like more dialogue bet
Sophie Ruthven
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Been looking forward to this book ever since I first heard about it. Dark MC by Anne? YES PLEASE!!! She writes both fantastically (definitely reccomend), so knew this book would be epic.

The book starts of slow, lulling you into a false sense of security, but I know how evil this author can be, so don't let it fool you. The way the beginning is written makes me wonder if the heroine is based around herself, which intrigues me more, and makes me wonder how this is going to turn out.

Like all other
Nikitasbookreviews
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs-betas
this is actually my first Anne Malcom book and it definitely won't be the last! the thing that really caught my eye with this book was the cover and the blurb and i just had to get it! this book was sooo good i can't even tell you how much i loved it.

Magnolia Grace has depravity in her veins and when she moves things definitely turn interesting for her. he writing deadline is fast approaching and she needs to find a story to write. this book is definitely different from what i'm used to reading
Stephanie S
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You know it is a good book when it can take you a few days after finishing to write up a review. Yes Anne has another MC series but I believe this one will be very different. This one for me, since I have not read anything from Steven King is more along the lines of a Lisa Jackson story. There is a crime, some mystery and someone falling for the unlikely person than what you would expect.

Anne knows dark in some of her books, but this one kept me wondering what happened next and when you think yo
Natalie Miernicki
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a book... it really is a mystery to be how one so seemingly innocent can write something so dark and sinister! Anne takes you on an emotional journey as we dive into Magnolia's world and what a world it is. She captures your imagination with her strong character, and her feisty don't talk to me attitude. Her demons and monsters bleed out of her through every word she writes, but her new book just might bring all the monsters straight to her door! Entangled through this dark tale is also a s ...more
Karin
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is like nothing I’ve read in a very very long time. It’s more suspense story then anything but every part of it was written flawlessly. Magnolia is a horror writer who writes so well cause she is a damaged soul and draws from her inner turmoil but she owns who she is with apologies and I loved that about her. You need to go into this book completely blind to enjoy it best in my opinion
Annabel
Apr 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really loved this! Full review coming soon.
Melissa Schaub
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! I love my books with a healthy dose of dark, raw and gritty and this book hit all my hot spots! The story is enthralling and had me hooked right away. The beautiful way the story is told and the unimaginable characters kept me sucked in.

One of my favorite books by this author ever!!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Saint
  • Bury Me with Lies (Twin Lies, #2)
  • The Land Where Sinners Atone
  • Kisses and Warfare
  • Crowned by Fate (Crowned #2)
  • Beholden (Carmel Cove, #1)
  • The Danger You Know
  • He Hates Me (Hate & Love Duet, #1)
  • Periculum (Devil's Playground #1)
  • Ruthless Princess (Mafia Royals, #1)
  • Blowback (The Monsters Within Duet, #2)
  • Severance (Entangled, #2)
  • California Dreamin'
  • A King So Cold
  • The Sinner
  • A Love Song for Liars (Rivals, #1)
  • The Two of Us (Love in Isolation, #1)
  • Master of Salt & Bones
Anne Malcom has been an avid reader since before she can remember, her mother responsible for her book addiction. It started with magical journeys into the world of Hogwarts and Middle Earth, then as she grew up her reading tastes grew with her. Her obsession with books and romance novels in particular gave Anne the opportunity to find another passion, writing. Finding writing about alpha males an ...more

News & Interviews