Start by marking “The Third Best Thing (Fulton U, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Third Best Thing (Fulton U, #3)

The Third Best Thing

(Fulton U #3)

Dear Letter Girl, I need to see you. When can we meet?

Her response never came. My secret pen pal with a dirty mind has ghosted me. I've roped Jules, my sweet as pie next door neighbor, to help me track her down.

There's only one problem--I'm falling for her. The tortoise shell glasses, out of this world curves and delicious treats are making the search for The Letter Girl

Published January 31st 2020
Featured Notes & Highlights

To ask other readers questions about The Third Best Thing, please sign up.
Maya Hughes We do not have a link for preorder. The book release date is January 30, 2020. If you follow me, you'll get an update when it is available.

Start your review of The Third Best Thing (Fulton U, #3)
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 STARS
She was an indescribable kind of perfect for me. The kind that made my heart ache that I’d only just found her and was ready to get down on my knees so I didn’t have to wait another day without knowing her beauty.

Be. Still. My. Heart.
It's so full right now. I can't stop grinning. This book was one of the most satisfying, feel-good, keep you swooning from beginning to finish kind of reads. My absolute favorite in the series and favorite Maya Hughes book to date!! It was, simply,
abire
“She was the kind of girl you didn’t come back from. The kind who’d always have a place in your heart to keep you warm on those nights alone long after she’d kicked you to the curb because she deserved better than you.
But I was here now, and I’d keep the fires going as long as I could.”

MY FIRST FIVE STARS OF THE YEAR : WHAT THIS AND BERKJULES DESERVE!!!

THIS WAS PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT!! THE LOVE I HAVE FOR BERKJULES IS UNQUANTIFIABLE, AND THIS BOOK EXCEEDED ALL MY EXPECTATIONS AND BOYYY DID
bruna
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“I saw a home with her in our future. The complete picture. There wasn’t anyone more perfect for me than her. And I’d spend as long as I needed to make her believe it was true.”

I’ve been trying to write a review since this morning, but all the words going through my brain just doesn’t seem enough to convey everything I felt while reading The Third Best Thing. You know when you love and connect with a book so much it feels like you’re a completely different person after you finish it? That’s
Wendy

I am a big fan of Maya Hughes' sports romances, they always come with a healthy dose of humor, a lovely amount of sugar and sweetness and a smidge of angst... They are like a recipe for cupcakes...perfect for me and I immensely enjoy them.

Ironically, the heroine in this story loves to bake sweets, which seems really fitting and also made me extremely hungry while reading this one ;)

I loved Jules, she was as sweet as her baked goods...all she needed was a bit more confidence.

Jules has been having
mel
this made me wanna take pole dancing lessons not gonna lie.

when i read about Berk and Jules in The Second We Met, my interest for these couple just went through the roof and to be honest, i was more interested in their relationship than Elle and Nix's...

... sorry !!

but i mean come on. Jules sent anonymous steamy letters that if my mother read, she would shower me with holy water, and the fact that Berk doesn't know and was trying to force Jules to help him find the Letter Girl which was
Melanie (mells_view)
4.5*

”Don’t ever let anyone else make you feel like you’re not awesome.”

Jules & Berk have absolutely stolen my heart. Both of these characters are so damn precious that you just want to wrap them up with all of the hugs. Between their sweet friendship, Jules love of baking and Berk’s obsession with eating it (her baking), and the sprouts of love blooming between them, this book is everything. This story picks up a year after The Letter Girl (Jules) has stopped writing back to Berk. He’s on a
Phuong ✯
"And you were never the third best thing in my life, Jules. Never. I'd never play a game again, if it meant I could be here with you."

I had my eyes set on Jules and Berk since I started 'The Second We Met'. I already liked them in the previous books, but didn't know them enough. My obsession really started to take fly when they interacted in TSWM and my expectations for TTBT was huuuuuge! It was one of my most anticipated books of 2020. And it didn't disappoint! This is by far my favorite book
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Berk was seriously the cutest and I want him all for myself now. I'm calling dibs! He and Jule's had me ready to beg for their story by the time I finished The Second We Met and it ended up being an even better book than I was imagining. Jules and Berk both had issues that were keeping them away from each other and relationships in general, and there were times that I wanted to slap both of them and make them get their shit together and see that they were amazing
zaira
"How many times do I have to tell you, Jules? I’m into you. Whether it’s in letter form, cookie form, pole dancing form, sitting in your sweats on the couch watching TV form, or any other way you want to show me what you’re all about, I’m here for it. I’m here for you."

This is one of my highly anticipated reads for the year and Maya Hughes did not disappoint! Right off the bat, the premise is just so unique - anonymous dirty letters? Love that. From where The Second We Met left off, Berk was
yasmin
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
i pinched my lips together. “are you inside my head or something?”
“no, but i see the way you always want to take care of the people around you, even if it’s at your expense.”
“i don—”
he cut me off again at the pass. “don’t ever let anyone else make you feel like you’re not awesome.”

the third best thing is such an unexpected story that will give you such a meaningful messages behind it. i didn't expect something so raw and vulnerable would come from this book but it did. it exceed more than any
Andrea Fleury
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Berk and jules

I love everything Maya has written. But I think this is my favorite. I love Jules when she and Elle Loved together in the crappy house with the mold and dirt. Since Elle moved out Jules is on her own. Beck lives across the street. They know each other. Well because Jules baked the best cakes cookies the best bake goods. What Back doesn't know is. Jules is the letter girl. They both have a past. Then there is alex.
readingsnfeelings
If I could give The Third Best Thing more than 5 stars, I definitely would because BerkJules were everything I expected and more! This is hands down my favourite book of the Fulton U series.

"Every day with her was an adventure in what it felt like to be so loved it was like living in a dream."

Berkley and Jules were the most adorable and endearing couple that will make you both smile foolishly at their sweet interactions and deeply feel - maybe even shed a couple of tears - for their
Maya Hughes
Jan 31, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Berk and Jules are finally here! Their secret admirer, next door neighbor story brings all the feels!

Damn, I needed to touch her.
I needed to touch her more than I needed my next breath.
I needed to touch her to make sure this wasn’t all a dream and the beautiful sight in front of me didn’t disappear before I could.
She was so gorgeous it hurt not to touch her.

Grab your copy or read it for FREE in KU!

US: https://amzn.to/2U6nuHk
UK: https://amzn.to/2U8Tj2h
CA: https://amzn.to/2U953lq
AU:
Eli
Shelves: arcs, favorites-2020
ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review
If you read the previous books in this series you probably know who they are and how their story begins, basically Jules starts sending Berk dirty notes and Berk starts replying not knowing who's behind the letters, latter on she stops sending the notes and Berk ask her for help to find who the letter girl is.
Guys, seriously, I knew this book was going to be perfect, but I don't think I was prepared for how everything turned out here,
flavia
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This is my first 5 stars review of the year and honestly is what BerkJules and this book deserve, the love I have for them could not stop me for giving them such a high rating.

Everyone knows that this was one of my most anticipated books of the year and I’m so happy that it not only not disappointed me but it exceeded my expectations (which were high to begin with). While reading The Second We Met I fell in love with Jules and right after finishing the book I could not stop thinking about what
Stitch
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"All those nights I read and reread his words. The way my fingers tingled when I slipped another note into his mailbox and grabbed one of his."

I'm currently in a state of shock, reeling from this book. It was just that good that I can't even begin to fathom how to express how good it is.

I love Jules. She is just the sweetest, most kind hearted person and by far my favorite heroine I read in a while.

Everytime I think Maya can't possibly top her previous book or make me love her writing more, she
My Own Bookshelves
Berk, Berk, Berk...
I would like you not to be so stupid ass wonderful.
You know how book boyfriends are blamed for ruining real-life chances with a potential mate. Let me give you exhibit A: Berkley Vaughn.

Seriously, he made me melt.

I mean he wasn't without faults. But even in his faults, you see through his vulnerability and just...
He deserves a HEA.

Jules, Jules, Jules...
You are every girl. You are the heroine we can connect with on any level. Through her faults - either real or perceived, the
Meredith
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-arc-reads
This is my FAVORITE Maya Hughes book to date. For me it was a total hit! I went into The Third Best Thing excited beyond belief. I had been sitting on pins and needles, anxiously waiting to get my hands on it. From what we'd seen of Jules and Berk in the prior two books, I just knew their story would be nothing short of AMAZING! And let me tell you... It was absolutely everything I was expecting and MORE. I loved every single word of it.

The story begins with the quest to find The Letter Girl
SHIRLEY ♡
“She was made for me, and I’d spend the rest of my life giving her every beautiful thing she deserved—starting with my love.”

These two are my favorite couple in this series. They became my favorites as soon as I read that scene in The Perfect First where Berk received a letter from a someone and he wanted to know who sent it. In The Second We Met we met Jules. I loved her as soon as she made her first appearance. She was really cute, kind and she loved to bake and pole dance.

I
zaraa
Shelves: favorites
“𝘼𝙣𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙙 𝙗𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙣 𝙢𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚, 𝙅𝙪𝙡𝙚𝙨. 𝙉𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧. 𝙄’𝙙 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮 𝙖 𝙜𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣, 𝙞𝙛 𝙞𝙩 𝙢𝙚𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙄 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙗𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪.

If I thought it was possible to love Berk & Jules anymore than I already did— 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 was one of the most heart whelming books I have read in a while. There aren't enough words to say how much I adore these characters. Berk & Jules were everything that two characters part of a romance story should be.

When I first started the Fulton U series, I
simran
I can't wait to read Jules and Berk's story. Jules is my soft baby girl, I will protect her with my life.... It's gonna be a long wait. sigh
Maria le Blanc
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“She was the most beautiful thing in the world to me and it scared me more than losing the next game or not making the draft. Because I’d never had anything as beautiful as her in my life.”

Ok. Wow. I need a second to process what I just read. I was excitedly waiting for this book and imagine the complete FREAK OUT I had this morning when I woke up to the ARC in my email. I think that if I screamed for one minute more, the neighbors would’ve called the police.

I study English, I speak 3 languages
gilda
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange of an honest review.

I know it’s only January but this is my favorite book of the year without any doubt and if i could give it more than 5 stars i totally would, this deserves all of the stars.

I loved everything about the book, the story, the characters, everything. Maya Hughes has written some of my favorite books and The Third Best Thing was not the exception, the way she portrayed Jules and Berk was just beautiful, their flaws, their
mel
Jan 02, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
i would sell my soul just so i could get my hands on this book ASAP. i need berk and jules right tf now. pls and thanks.
Cat
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nothing could have prepared me for just how much I LOVE this book,I am at a loss for words.
So I am guessing that you have all read the blurb right?
So you think you know what it is about....but you are wrong...This story is so much more than you could even imagine.
Jules and Berk got me right in the heart with their Romance,I mean I loved them when I first met them as side characters in the other books...But Wow having their story printed right in front of me and the emotions that they stirred
ABookLover73
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, 2020
Review coming soon...
Kacey Shea
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Maya Hughes has done it again! College sports romances are my go-to, but this book is so much more. Deep characters, heartfelt moments, and writing that pulled me in from the very first page, The Third Best Thing is fantastic. Berk and Jules are my new favorite couple--at least until she writes the next book!
stine
“Every day with her was an adventure in what it felt like to be so loved it was like living in a dream. She was my dream girl, and no matter what, we’d have our dream life filled with all the love we’d been searching for all our lives and could finally share with one another.”

The love I have for this book is unmatched??? Like, I just finished it but I already want to reread it… you feel me?? Anyway, full review to come!!
Bia
ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

Okay. Wow. So many emotions, so many feelings.

This book was exactly how I had hoped it would be and yet so much more. This was the third book in the Fulton U series by Maya Hughes, and like the first two books it did not disappoint. I was hooked since the very first page, hell, since the epilogue of The Second We Met and am so happy that i finally got to read it.

Putting words to how I actually felt while reading this book has been a
Angela | Romance Readers Reverie
"She might not see it, but Jules was the sexiest woman I'd ever met. She made it so easy to fall into the dream land of breakfast at the kitchen table laughing and smiling and late nights making her scream my name"

2020 is the year of BerkJules and TTBT did not disappoint with them! This story is a beautiful friends-to-lovers secret admirer romance between the ever-lovable goofball Berk and the bubbly baking extraordinaire Jules.

"I saw a home with her in our future. The complete picture. There

• Dear Ava
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Leave Me Breathless: The Ivy Collection
  • Ruthless Knight (Royal Hearts Academy, #2)
  • Evermore (When Rivals Play, #2.5)
  • Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
  • Boss Man Bridegroom
  • Focused
  • Descent
  • The Fake (Smart Jocks #4)
  • Bachelor Society (The Bachelors Club, #1)
  • Hating You (Blackthorn Elite #1)
  • Keeper
  • Heartless Hero (Crowne Point #1)
  • Wherever You Are (Bad Reputation Duet, #2)
  • Rock Star, Interrupted (Tragic Duet, #1)
  • Redemption
  • Bad Influence
Maya Hughes is an Amazon Top 50 author of swoon worthy, laugh out loud, and emotional new adult and contemporary romances. Add Maya's upcoming books to your TBR today!

The Fourth Time Charm (Fulton U, #4) by Maya Hughes
Heartless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #5) by Maya Hughes

Don't miss the exclusive, steamy, office romance novella, The Perfect View! http://eepurl.com/cZoUzT

Instagram: (for tons of cupcake love! :-P)http://bit.ly/2WoY3OZ

Pinterest: http://bit.ly/2F3mqM2

Amazon: https://amzn.to/2KGdEY7

Fulton U (4 books)
  • The Perfect First (Fulton U, #1)
  • The Second We Met (Fulton U, #2)
  • The Fourth Time Charm (Fulton U, #4)