Start by marking “Amazing Leonardo da Vinci Inventions: You Can Build Yourself” as Want to Read:
Amazing Leonardo da Vinci Inventions: You Can Build Yourself

Amazing Leonardo da Vinci Inventions: You Can Build Yourself

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  66 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Amazing Leonardo da Vinci Inventions You Can Build Yourself introduces readers to the life, world, and incredible mind of Leonardo da Vinci through hands-on building projects that explore his invention ideas. Most of Leonardo's inventions were never made in his lifetime—they remained sketches in his famous notebooks. Amazing Leonardo da Vinci Inventions You Can Build Yours ...more
Published January 1st 2006 by Nomad Press

To ask other readers questions about Amazing Leonardo da Vinci Inventions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amazing Leonardo da Vinci Inventions

Rymcwilly
May 23, 2013 Rymcwilly rated it liked it
Shelves: summer-2013
I think that all of these inventions are cool but they are a little space wasting and there is a constant need of stuff that is not a daily house thing
Mandee
Apr 20, 2015 Mandee rated it it was amazing
Amazing Leonardo da Vinci Inventions You Can Build Yourself by Maxine Anderson introduces readers to Leonardo da Vinci through hands-on projects that explore his ideas. Most of Leonardo's inventions remained as sketches in notebooks, but this book shows how to build them using common household supplies. It has many various types of print that really draws the reader's attention to the different topics.
Amazing Leonardo da Vinci Inventions You Can Build Yourself by Maxine Anderson includes a gloss
Marian Keen
Sep 24, 2015 Marian Keen rated it really liked it
In my research for my next book [ Lexi and Leonardo and the Deadly Secret ], I encountered this book, Amazing Leonardo da Vinci Inventions You Can Build Yourself. This is a book that any creative, middle-grade teacher could use to inspire students. What child wouldn't want to make a camera, a monster mask, their own tempera paints, a perspectograph, or invisible ink! There are also other projects that are more challenging. The experience shows what an original thinking scientist Leo was.
Anna Velasquez
Feb 02, 2016 Anna Velasquez rated it really liked it
This book was very well written, and explained the life and accomplishments of Leonardo DaVinci in a clear and easy to understand way. It had a lot of simple experiments that were similar to those that Da Vinci performed. It was more of a 5th or 6th grade level and had very basic information.
Pam Porter
Jul 06, 2014 Pam Porter rated it really liked it
Great resource for grade school and middle school teachers. It includes numerous projects that can be done with children that are based on Leonardo da Vinci inventions.
Mohamed Alsaid
Jul 26, 2012 Mohamed Alsaid rated it really liked it
Shelves: philosophy
من زمن الاقطاع الى زمن النهضه.
كان الاقطاعيون يملكون اراضى و اموال كثيره. و كان الفلاحين يعملون لديهم لعيشون و منهم من يعمل فى المصانع و الاعمال السياحيه للبلد. اجيال ورا اجيال يولدون و يعيشون ثم يتوفون. الحياه كانت سهله و مستقره و كانت منعزله. كل فرد يعمل فى جزيره لوحده.
و تمر السنوات الى ان تم حدوث حروب بين هؤلاء الاقطاعيين و التأمر على بعضهم البعض. سكان الارياف بدءوا فى الانتقال الى المدينه لتحسين ظروفهم المعيشيه بعد تركهم للاراضى التى ظلوا بها لاجيال. فالمدينه الان تمنح لهم تعلم افكار جديده و
Joanne
Oct 25, 2007 Joanne rated it really liked it
I got the book for my son, but I couldn't tear myself away from it over breakfast this morning.

I found the bit about him playing practical jokes on his friends to be most amusing, but I most admit I'm glad they didn't give directions on how to use bellows to fill a room with a sheep intestine. Not that my son would touch a sheep's intestine, but still, yuck.

I have already decided that if I get to take certain items with me to a deserted island, a chicken will have to be one of them. I need to ma
Beth
May 30, 2011 Beth rated it it was amazing
Excellent book about da Vinci and his inventions. The build it yourself projects are fairly complex (more so than the Ben Franklin book in the series), so this book would best fit middle schoolers on up. Younger children would need a lot of help from an adult.
Amanda
Fun activities! We loved the marshmallow geometric shape activity. Too bad the marshmallows I got were all melted together. It made for a sticky mess.
Brittany & Kids
I loved all these activities, but we just didn't really get to them. There's too much to do!
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Memory Toast
Memory Toast marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Mitsya
Mitsya rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2016
Hannah Wilson
Hannah Wilson marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
NancyB
NancyB rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2016
Tim Speevack
Tim Speevack rated it did not like it
Jan 19, 2016
Gildoth
Gildoth marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Lady
Lady marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Vikrant Kulkarni
Vikrant Kulkarni marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2015
Kelly Thomas-coyle
Kelly Thomas-coyle rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2015
Dustin
Dustin added it
Nov 23, 2015
Carlos Barron
Carlos Barron marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2016
BOUSS2015
BOUSS2015 marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2015
Niki Mclamb
Niki Mclamb rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2015
Lakeview Librarians
Lakeview Librarians marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2015