Start by marking “Seasons of the Storm” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Seasons of the Storm

Elle Cosimano

Seasons of the Storm

(Seasons of the Storm #1)

For fans of Maggie Stiefvater and Laini Taylor, a perfect storm lies ahead in this riveting fantasy duology opener from award-winning author Elle Cosimano.

One cold, crisp night, Jack Sommers was faced with a choice--live forever according to the ancient, magical rules of Gaia, or die.

Jack chose to live, and in exchange, he became a Winter--an immortal physical embodiment
Audio CD, Library Edition
Expected publication: June 23rd 2020 by HarperCollins

Win a Copy of This Book

• Seasons of the Storm by Elle Cosimano
    Seasons of the Storm (Seasons of the Storm, #1)
    Release date: Jun 23, 2020
    In this high-stakes fantasy duology opener, four teens who have been turned into immortal Seasons must escape the cycle of violence they’re trapped in ...more

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 5 copies available, 2146 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Feb 17 - Mar 16, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Seasons of the Storm, please sign up.
    Elle Cosimano There will be a sequel in 2021.…moreThere will be a sequel in 2021. (less)

Start your review of Seasons of the Storm
    MischaS_
    Jan 10, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: cannot-wait
    13/01: Serious question, what is it with me and getting declined for the arcs for all books I'm super excited for?

Me reading the blurb.

destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
    1) this sounds so cool (no pun intended)

2) I think this is literally one of the prettiest covers I have EVER seen. I can't stop staring at it. Wow.

Thank you so much to HarperTeen for providing me with this ARC in exchange for an honest review!
    Ashlee » Library In The Country
    JACK FROST!? This book sounds amazing.
    Mara YA Mood Reader
    Reading the blurb like, hmmm...ok....Oh wow. Then, wait, Jack? Like Jack Frost? Like a Jack Frost retelling? No effing way man sign me the eff up!
    ʙᴇʟʟᴀ.: ☾**:.☆*.:。.
    Jack and Fleur, a Winter and a Spring, fall for each other against all odds.

I WANT IT, I NEED IT, TAKE MY MONEY, PLEASE.

Nadhira Satria
    THIS SOUNDS SO DIFFERENT AND UNIQUE SIGN ME THE FUCK UP
    Tani
    Jan 12, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    Hype me up, don't let me down.
    Kilikina
    Ok but this sounds fucking AMAZING. June 2020 can’t come fast enough!!!
    Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
    How have I not heard of this book until now? And that cover? Gorgeous! I can’t wait to see how this goes.
    rachel ☾
    Review copy provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

BlogGoodreadsTwitterInstagramThe Book Depository
    Diana Bautista
    *whispering* please be good, please be good, please be good
    Ashley
    Dec 10, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: 2020-june
    This book description makes me want to run around (somewhere not here in the land of no snow- FL) in the snow and dance & make snow angels & dance with the snow flakes like a snow sprite and (when late jan/early feb comes) congratulate them on their new love with Spring...

I feel like maybe i took that a little too far but whatevs i am HERE for this!
    THIS SOUNDS SO MAGICAL UGH I CANT. WAIT.

WINTER FALLING IN LOVE WITH SPRING? ITS LIKE ROMEO & JULIET OF THE SEASONS!
    L.C. Perry
    Oct 19, 2019 marked it as must-have  ·  review of another edition
    I. Want. This. Book. Omg it sounds so cool
    Sofia Samu
    Dec 29, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    I'm in love with this cover
    Georgina
    Feb 17, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    I'm sorry... Humans who become seasons that have to HUNT each other?!!!!

TAKE MY MONEY!
    Kenzie The Dragon Queen
    This seems like it has a super cool and unique premise! Also, this cover is amazing! It’s so beautiful.
    Benjamin (The Maniac)
    *Reads the synopsis*

Normal people: "Jack Frost!".

Me: "Hell yeah, Tinker Bell".
    manonsense & books
    A guy called Sommers becoming a Winter

*i see what you did there author*

Winter and Spring falling in love (Spring is my fav season & Winter my least fav season I'm hyPED), being complete opposites and having to ultimately kill each other???

And through their star-crossed romance, they're basically going to provoke the apocalypse?
    Count me the f in.

Needless to say; I'm very excited about this release.
    High hopes I have.

*sigh*
    Micaela Muldoon
    Romance between the seasons, spring and winter trying to be together... mythological swooooon!
    Sara
    Jan 07, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    (I received an ARC from Edelweiss)

This review might get into tiny spoilers so avoid if you want to go in blind! I wanted to like this a lot more than I did. I loved the world and I loved Jack. The whole idea is amazing, but the execution was just kind of meh?

Most importantly, I wished it was one point of view. The switch between Fleur and Jack would have helped if it progressed their romance a bit more but I ended up just wondering why on earth they'd risk their lives for each other. I think if
    Meha
    Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
    I received an eARC from Eidelweiss.

1.5 stars. I really wanted to like this book but the concept felt unrealised and poorly developed throughout. It all felt like a bunch of stock YA characters and plots put together and nothing really came to life for me. I just didn’t care about any of the characters or their relationships, none of the stakes felt like they mattered and I ended up just skimming most of this book. I don’t really feel like it left any impression on me.
    Hanna
    Oct 16, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: upcoming
    This sounds so predictable but they got me when they name dropped Maggie Stiefvater and Laini Taylor.
    Last Book Marauder
    I didn't know how much I have been waiting for a Jack Frost book until now. Plus, that freaking coverrrrrrr
    Emilie
    Dec 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I received an ARC of this book.
    While it took me a while to get into this book, once I did, I really enjoyed it. The concept of immortal teenagers living as the embodiment of the seasons and as such spending their existence hunting down the next season in the year was original and interesting. The "magic" in the book was a little tricky to wrap my mind around, especially in the beginning (Why do beings imbued with magic need satellite GPS, computers, bluetooth earpieces, tablets, and
    Candice McMullen
    Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Mary Seaman
    Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: arc, ya
    ARC provided by Edelweiss

I found this story to be so unique. I loved the idea of how the seasons change is that each one terminates each other to then hibernate until their season comes again. Also what happens when the seasons fall of one another but is forbidden. It had such a good message of friendship, love and fighting for what you believe in.

It has some lulls for me and at times I didn’t want to pick it back up. But once I got through that I thought it had some interesting twists and
    Shannon Fay
    The premise where there's a living embodiment of each season kind of reminds me of Amber Argyle's Fairy Queen series (where there's a fairy that IS each season). But I loved the premise then, and it sounds wonderful in this book, especially the part where the seasons fall in love. And I adore the cover. This cover trend of making the title out of beautifully ornate typeface that represents the book and having that be the focus of the cover is delightful. I'm SO happy that this is the new cover ...more
    Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
    Thank you HarperCollins and HarperTeen for the ARC.

Blog | Twitter | Instagram | BlogLovin’
    Tânia
    Star-crossed lovers forced to kill each other because of Gaia's, the Goodness of Earth, ancient rules? Okay, I'm in.

Blog // Instagram // Twitter // Redbubble
    Michelle Wilson
    Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I received a digital ARC of this book and it was absolutely amazing! It’s such an impressive blend of magic, mythology, and technology. The concept of the Seasons and Gaia’s magic is very creative and unique. I loved the relationships in the book, too. It was a nice balance of romance and friendships. I highly recommend it.

• The Fine Art of Losing Control
    • The Betrothed (The Betrothed, #1)
    • A Treason of Thorns
    • All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
    • Sisters of Sword and Song
    • The Seventh Sun
    • Coldhearted Boss
    • A Song of Wraiths and Ruin (A Song of Wraiths and Ruin, #1)
    • Give the Dark My Love (Give the Dark My Love, #1)
    • Faking Under the Mistletoe
    • Not Quite Narwhal
    • Broken Throne (Red Queen, #4.5)
    • Bringing Down the Duke (A League of Extraordinary Women, #1)
    • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
    • Wilder Girls
    • How to Be a Girl in the World
    • The Shadows Between Us
    • Call Down the Hawk (Dreamer Trilogy, #1)
    Author of NEARLY GONE, NEARLY FOUND, HOLDING SMOKE, THE SUFFERING TREE, and SEASONS OF THE STORM (coming June 23, 2020). Represented by Sarah Davies of The Greenhouse Literary Agency.