Start by marking “The Tiger Like Me” as Want to Read:
The Tiger Like Me

The Tiger Like Me

The Tiger Like Me is the story of a brave young girl who dares to be different. Following the call of her adventurous spirit, she encounters inspiring creatures of the jungle who remind her to face her fears, recognize the beauty of the present moment, and to walk the path less traveled.
Published January 20th 2020 by Tellwell Talent

To ask other readers questions about The Tiger Like Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tiger Like Me

Start your review of The Tiger Like Me
Glen
Apr 05, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, firstreads
I won this book in a goodreads drawing.

A daring girl goes into the jungle and meets and greets the animals, including a talking tiger.

The illustrations are great.
Ada
Jul 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ada and myself really loved this tale. It is a brilliant story about an adventurous girl, just like Ada, who doesn’t quite fit in. She finds herself exploring the jungle, when she meets a tiger. It just so happens this tiger is a little different as well, and the two completely bond over their uniqueness. We love that it showed there is nothing wrong with being different and that you will find someone who loves you just as you are. Such an important message in days like today. The illustrations ...more
Melissa T
Jun 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is an inspiring book because it relays a good message about being yourself. The pictures in this book are very well done. This story flows very well, and the scenes fit together well.

Thank you for sending me this book. My children love it
Steff Pasciuti
| Review on Reader Fox Blog |

When reading children's stories, I typically base my reviews on two things; the first is the story and the second are the illustrations. For Kelsey Lee's The Tiger Like Me, I went into reading this book sort of anticipating that both would be done well based on my cursory look the synopsis and cover. As I continued reading it, however, I began to feel a little unhappy with a couple things. And while I want to preface this by saying that I do, generally, really l
Nawal Azhar
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The story is written in a rhyming fashion, the kind of which reminds you of Dr. Seuss. But those books were a little silly. This book tried really well to send a positive message. That it's ok to be different, and it's fine to be yourself, people may think of you as different and may have a problem with the way you think.

The story of the book revolves around a village girl named Abhi. Abhi has seven sisters, who are well behaved and girlish. But Abhi is high spirited and fun loving. She is loud
Stacy Renee  (LazyDayLit)
We received a digital review copy of this book from the publisher via Goodreads. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Abhi is the youngest of eight. Her sisters stand proper and tall and play quietly and kindly, but Abhi does her own thing. She is restless and wild and not afraid to get dirty or have fun. And then one day she is dared to wander into the dark, dangerous forest, so she heads out on an adventure...
...and comes face to face with a tiger!

This wonderful rhyming story is about a brave
LitPick Book Reviews
Mar 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Abhi is an adventurous girl. She is also a princess in her village. One day she finds a tiger in the forest, and at first she is frightened that he is going to hurt her or eat her. But she goes beyond her fear and asks his name. She figures out that he is a nice, talking tiger named Tanzeer. Tanzeer and Abhi form a bond and become friends. Tanzeer and Abhi have many memorable adventures together as they explore the forest and meet new animals. They also realize that they are different, but as be ...more
Kristina Aziz
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovely book

The pictures and the of this book are really great, and make it easy to read out loud at bed time.
I received this book from a Goodreads giveaway
Ilham Alam
The illustrations as you can see, are vivid, colorful, cover the full page and are energetic. It will draw the eye easily, not only to the characters in the foreground but also the background details of the village, the jungle, the animals. A lot of work and care has clearly gone to the illustrations which are going to be a visual feast for young kids and their guardians alike.

However, I did find the rhymes very uneven and clunky throughout which kind of took away from my enjoyment of the story
Anneliese Grassi
Very cute book with a fantastic message. Abhi loves adventure and nothing is gonna stand in her way of finding it, making her different than all of her friends. So when she is dared to go into the jungle, she doesn’t even bat an eyelash, she barrels on in having the time of her life. She takes in every bit of her surroundings and comes face to face with a tiger, who is also “different.” The moral of the story is we are all human and just be yourself. The story didn’t always flow but the characte ...more
Meaghan Hurn
Aug 24, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The author has totally white-washed Indian girls and stripped her main character of her culture making it seem as if it's not good enough.

This book is wildly tone deaf to our current racial issues in the world and I just cannot support this kind of cultural discrimination and racism, let alone in a children's book.
Christine
Children’s rhyming book

We won this book through a giveaway and I read this book to my kindergartener. While we both enjoyed the illustrations and the rhymes, the story had a peculiar flow to it. The message of being yourself is a great one to include; it just seemed as though the book was trying to include too much.
Christine Woinich
This was not my usual read, but I thought I would read it for the intended message. The rhyme scheme threw me a couple of times, but I did enjoy the enthusiasm for being different. We should all feel this way. It was worth the read, and children will enjoy the illustrations as well.

I received a copy of this story through Goddess Fish Promotions, and this is my unsolicited review.
Meredith Borton
Quite long, but great pictures!
DAB-E
Great book. This was a wonderful children's book with great illustrations. While my grandchildren are still too young for this, I will defintely read it to them someday.

Shelly Langen-Burgess
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A beautifully written, beautifully illustrated book with an inspiring message for children, AND adults. Absolutely LOVE this book!
C
Apr 28, 2020
Rachel
Sep 03, 2020
Sharon
rated it did not like it
Apr 06, 2020
Apr 28, 2020
Goodreads Librari...: Adding ASIN for Giveaway 3 13 Mar 02, 2020 02:09PM

• LaLa and the Unfair Bear
  • Five Feet Apart
  • Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #1)
  • Yoga at the Zoo (Little Mouse Adventures, #1)
  • The Canterbury Tales
  • Sisters
  • My Name Is Erin, and My Mom’s an Addict
  • Christmas at Maplemont Manor
  • The Housekeeper
  • Trope 1: Origins (The Inscrutables)
  • Wrecking Ball (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #14)
  • Sanity & Tallulah
  • Sink or Swim (Whatever After, #3)
  • Once Upon a Frog (Whatever After #8)
Kelsey Lee is an award winning author with a diverse background from business owner to yoga teacher, most often, you can find her writing or working with children.

She witnesses daily inspiration to explore child-like curiosity through her two kids and her work with special needs children and youth. She also enjoys regular hikes, dog walks, and climbing adventures.

Kelsey has always believed that an