Start by marking “The Ruin of Delicate Things” as Want to Read:
The Ruin of Delicate Things

The Ruin of Delicate Things

Barrington Hall is a place of secretssomething Dan Morgan has worked hard to forget. But when a heart-breaking loss brings him back to the place where he spent his childhood summers, Barrington Hall will do what it must to make him remember.
Faye Morgan blames her husband for the death of their teenage son. She doesnt want to leave the place Toby called home. But after she
Paperback
Expected publication: April 7th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Ruin of Delicate Things, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ruin of Delicate Things

Start your review of The Ruin of Delicate Things
Sadie Hartmann Mother Horror
Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you haven't read Beverley Lee's Gabriel Davenport Vampire Trilogy, you should remedy this post-haste! As soon as I heard that Lee was working on a tale of 'grief and horror', I was eager to get my hands on it.
The Ruin of Delicate Things is an appropriate title and a good indicator of what's in store for readers. Dan Morgan, grief-stricken over a tragic loss, brings his heartsick wife, Faye to his childhood manor called Barrington Hall.
Nestled in the woods, the cavernous Barrington Hall seems
Chandra Claypool (wherethereadergrows)
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc

There's something about the author being a friend that gets you even more excited but also even more nervous to read their new work. I already knew Bev was extremely talented from reading The Gabriel Davenport trilogy but I still didn't expect the brilliance that is The Ruin of Delicate Things.

Dan and Faye have lost their son and in that, their connection to each other. When Dan heads back to his childhood home at the bequeath of his aunt, he's also heading back to memories that had been buried
books1001
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Ruin of Delicate Things by - @thecon - Book Review.
First and foremost thank you to you Bev for sending me over an advanced reading copy, feeling super blessed!
The story follows Dan and Faye Morgan, married couple on the seek to heal their marriage after the tragic death of their only son.
Dan receives news of his Aunts passing and the cottage from his childhood that has now come into his possession, thinking this would be perfect idyllic setting to heal the marriage wounds, Dan and Faye
Ruth Miranda
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Well, how do I start this? Beverley Lee is not a new author to me, and as an immense fan of her previous work, I was on tenterhooks to see what her dark, devious mind would come up with following the Gabriel Davenport Series. And boy, she did not let me down.
This tale is dark, it is twisted, it is breathtaking. But it is also heartwrenching and so, so sad. It grabs you by the cavities of your heart and fills them what emotions one normally tends to keep at bay - who wants to wander through the
Sarina Langer
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read an early(ish) version of Lee's newest dark tale, and I felt so fortunate when it landed in my inbox. I fell in love with her writing with The Making of Gabriel Davenport and couldn't wait to see what she'd done next!

This story is everything the perfect horror needs to be. I'm a huge wimp, so I don't do well with stories that are outright horrifying or gory for the sake of being gory. It was Lee's first books that made me realise that I had the genre all wrong, and The Ruin of Delicate
Becky Wright
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What does horror mean to you?
For me its subtle, creeping, that foreboding feeling that leaches up your spine threatening to choke you. A sensation that keeps you from sleeping, as you lay in the dark, long after the pages are closed. For me, these are the best horrors, ones that are tethered to your spine with sparking emotions rather than the graphic blood spatter of a slasher massacre.

The Ruin of Delicate Things, from the very first chapter, reached into my soul grasping all those inner fears
Lisa Niblock
Faith Rivens
Feb 20, 2020

• The Deep
  • Dear Laura
  • Heart of Thorns (Heart of Thorns, #1)
  • Clap When You Land
  • The Mystery Woman (Ladies of Lantern Street, #2)
  • Fireborne (The Aurelian Cycle, #1)
  • Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky (Tristan Strong #1)
  • Morgan Rice: 3 Beginnings (Turned, Arena One and A Quest of Heroes)
  • Shards of Honour  (Vorkosigan Saga, #1)
  • The Perfect Friend
  • The Inevitable Fall of Christopher Cynster (Cynster Next Generation, #8)
  • Eat a Peach
  • Goodbye for Now
  • Tilly and the Bookwanderers (Pages & Co. #1)
  • Unite Me (Shatter Me, #1.5, #2.5)
  • Before the Devil Breaks You (The Diviners, #3)
  • Sins & Needles (The Artists Trilogy, #1)
  • The Art of Choosing
Beverley Lee is a freelance writer currently residing in the south east of England. In thrall to the written word from an early age, especially the darker side of fiction, she believes that the very best story is the one you have to tell. Supporting fellow authors is also her passion and she is actively involved in social media writers groups.
The Gabriel Davenport Series (The Making of Gabriel