Start by marking “$700 Billion Bailout: The Emergency Economic Stabilization ACT and What It Means to You, Your Money, Your Mortgage, and Your Taxes” as Want to Read:

3.35  ·  Rating details ·  20 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
The book is an analysis of the controversial Emergency Economic Stabilization Act and explains in easy to understand language what the bailout bill means for individuals. $700 Billion Bailout answers questions such as:
What does the bill say, exactly? Who is making decisions about how the $700 billion will be spent, and what does it mean now that the government is investing
Published December 10th 2008 by Wiley (first published December 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about $700 Billion Bailout, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about $700 Billion Bailout

Books Ring Mah Bell
Feb 18, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction

I am terribly ignorant of finance/investment talk. But a year or so ago, when my investment portfolio was going down faster than Jenna Jameson, I decided to pay attention. What is a hedge fund? Why does it work like that? Why do I have money in this? In that? What the hell are you thinking, Paulson?!?! AIG spent money on WHAT?!?!?

Paul Muolo breaks the massive Emergency Economic Stabilization Act (EESA) down into manageable bites. What does it mean to my mortgage? My taxes? My investments? What e
Alberto Lopez
Feb 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Just one more book about the bailout.
Patrick
Oct 18, 2010 rated it liked it
Can something be considered a "book" when it only runs to 89 pages of original text? Of course this is followed by another 80 or so pages of excerpts from the EESA (e.g. the bailout law), but I'm personally thinking "pamphlet" would be a better description of what this work actually is.

The frustrating part is that what is there is about as non-biased as you're likely to find in political writing these days. Though Muolo himself doubtless pulls the (R) lever in most elections, Republicans are ske
Elizabeth
Very informative. It is a little out of date. An updated version would be very interesting. I have a hard time following these financial / political discussions or I would rate higher. Since I can't follow them very well, I can't tell how good or accurate they really are.
Julie