Start by marking “Pacita the Pacifier Fairy” as Want to Read:

Pacita the Pacifier Fairy

"How can I help my child let go of their precious pacifier?" This dilemma can be a real headache for many parents and a challenge that often results in temper tantrums and tears! Pacita the Pacifier Fairy, a poetic fairytale created out of the personal experience of its authors, accompanies children and parents along this crucial step in a child's development. The story of ...more
Published May 1st 2020 by Publisher: Beyond the Bridge Communications, LLC Imprint: Big Kid Chronicles 1521 Shattuck Ave - PO

To ask other readers questions about Pacita the Pacifier Fairy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pacita the Pacifier Fairy

Start your review of Pacita the Pacifier Fairy
Briar's Reviews
Pacita the Pacifier Fairy is a cartoon-y adventure that will make a great book for story time!

This is an utterly adorable tale putting a spin on pacifiers I have never seen before! I'm totally impressed. Not only is this book adorable and the perfect story time read, but it's just down right fun. The animals are cute too, which makes it even better!

Three out of five stars.

Thank you to NetGalley and Beyond the Bridge Communications for providing me a free copy of this book in exchange of an hone
Reading_ Tam_ Ishly
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this little colourful picture book!

The story is so heartwarming!

I think I won't get to read another pacifier storybook like this. It's so cute. And yes, parents can actually read out loud to kids if ever they have a problem with their kids having some reluctance to let go of their beloved pacifiers.

I love the writing, bold and distinct.

I love the art, colourful and vibrant.

I love the wholesome presentation.

A good one!

Thank you, author and the Publisher, for the ARC.
The Magical World of Reading
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
We create habits from an early age, sometimes to ease our difficulties, to calm down, or simply to enjoy a certain action. But when the time comes to give up on doing something, it doesn't always go so easily, especially if it's a a child.
One such habit is the use of a pacifier, an innocent effect from the beginning of life, but sometimes giving it up is a huge emotional problem for the little ones. This story, which is presented through a series of words with excellent use of rhyme, reminds me
ForTheReads
Aug 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Working in a daycare with children ranging from 6 months to 12 years old, we attempt to promote active thinking. We do this by decreasing our allotted television time and encouraging reading and other educational activities.

Why I Chose This Book:

Other Skills Shown in Book:
-Coping skills

What I Loved:
-The illustrations were beautiful
-The process of letting go of the pacifier was si
Pam
Sep 06, 2020 rated it liked it
I received an electronic ARC from Beyond the Bridge Communications LLC through NetGalley.
Attry has created a story of a fairy who takes care of pacifiers when children are ready to give them up. She leaves a letter in the paci's place. A helpful tool for families to make this transition and help kids find other soothing techniques. The story is simple with cute illustrations.
The information included at the end of the book is helpful for adults and offers guidance and support.
I like the idea of
Susan
Sep 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a charming little book for anyone looking for advice on how to help a child give up their pacifier. It begins with a beautifully illustrated tale about Pacita explaining how she collects pacifiers for safe keeping and in return she leaves letter for the children. I particularly liked this idea as its something I’ve down with my own child with the tooth fairy – she absolutely adored getting letters from her, so I can see what an excellent idea this is. The second part of the book explain ...more
Jenna Rideout
Sep 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-netgalley
Thank you to the author, the publisher, and NetGalley for granting me access to this title in exchange for an honest review.

Pacita the Pacifier Fairy explains who the Pacifier Fairy is to kids and how she'll take their pacifiers away to a safe place, take care fo them, and perhaps pass them on to younger kids in need when it's time for growing kids to say goodbye to their own. It's both a cute story and a handy resource for parents desperately trying to end the reign of the pacifier in their hom
Amanda Lavelle
Sep 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Thank you to NetGalley for providing me with a copy of this book for review.
I have a particular interest in this book as I have a 4 year old who is very dependent on his dummy despite many attempts to wean him off it. I read this story to my son and he was really engaged with it and asking questions. However, at the end I still feel he thought of it as just a story, and not something to relate to himself and his dummy. Luckily for me, the end of the book comes with advice for parents as well so
Books on Stereo
Oct 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Pacita the Pacifier Fairy is a charming picture book that does make a few missteps. As a whole, it is still a lovely choice albeit not best nighttime read for the little ones.
Oyinda
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-arc
Many thanks to the publisher, Beyond the Bridge Communications LLC, for gifting me an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for my impartial review.

This was a really amazing books for both parents and kids and I loved every bit of it. Here's what I loved, in key points.

THE ILLUSTRATIONS: This book is packed full of vivid, detailed, and immersive illustrations that depict the story being told very well. They're really vibrant and I'm sure kids will fall in love with them.

THE STORY: The story in the book
Molly
Sep 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
As the mother of a pacifier-addicted toddler, this book was really interesting. I loved the section at the back with ideas for parents. I have read it with my toddler and it seems to be helping him to understand that his days with the pacifier are limited. A short, engaging read and very useful.
Kaitlyn
Sep 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received this ebook from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I really love books that help parents get rid of pacifiers or bottles, and this one did not disappoint. Pacita is a cute little fairy that collects unwanted pacifiers that kids have outgrown. With the rhyming of each page, kids will definitely want to read this one over and over!
Aysha Imran
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Pacita the pacifier fairy is so cute and a very important book for all those parents who are confused how to get rid of that soither/dummy/binky .So here comes our fairy with her magic wand to help them out.
Very cute illustrations and and I loved the rhyming style.
Kimmy’s books journey
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is like a poem for the lil kids, helping them thru the journey of growing up and having to let go of the pacifier: well colored, nice illustrations. The sentences rhyme and are cute.
You will even find some advices, tricks and more from some experts. The fairy is cute and kids will like her! Nice way to support the processus of removing the pacifier to your kids.
Danielle Urban
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Pacita the Pacifier Fairy by Charlotte Attry is a wonderful book to help parents and guardians to ween their children from using a pacifier. The beautifully illustrated story encourages children to not use their pacifier anymore. Also, I enjoyed all the tips, advice, and educational information provided in the back of the book to help with this scenario. It teaches parents to encourage and compliment their children while going through this process. Charlotte Attry also emphasizes patience. There ...more
BooksCoffee
Sep 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A pacifier fairy comes to the rescue of a little one who finds it hard to let go of their pacifier in this charming tale by Attry, Febvre, and Lawson.

What happens when little one finds it hard to part with their binky? Pacita, the pacifier fairy, stows it away in her fairy adobe, leaving a beautiful letter full of wisdom and grace in its place.

The main appeal of the book is not just the excellent combination of rhymed narrative but also the charming illustrations — Olivier Huette’s personality-
Donna Maguire
I really wanted to read this book to my daughter.

She is three years old at the moment and we are hoping to try and wean her off her dummy at some point in the near future when she is ready. She only really had it now at bed just as she falls to sleep and the rest of the time it is in my pocket.

She enjoyed the story but did think that it was a dummy shop (we are in the UK) and not that the fairy was storing them, she took her dummy out a few times as we were reading at bedtime and did say that sh
AnneKR
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Pacita is the binky fairy that helps ease the transition of growing up and giving up your pacifier. You cannot see Pacita, but she is there to give caring words of love and affection. Her job is complete when the child no longer misses their binky.

Reading this with my 5 year old daughter, we enjoyed the colorful illustrations and lovely rhymes. I’m not sure if the book is geared for adults or little ones to help understand why we need to give up our beloved pacifiers. Little children may not tho
Jamie Jack
Oct 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: p-2020, childrens
Need Help to Get Your Child to Give Up Their Pacifier?

This is a story meant to be read to a young child to help them give up a pacifier. Children who rely on their binkies for emotional needs or when tired eventually need to be weaned from their use. This book creates a character who's the pacifier equivalent of the tooth fairy, Pacita. This book explains Pacita’s role and gently encourages the child to give up his or her pacifier. There are end pages in the back just for the parents about how t
Chelsea
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was so adorable! And also fits what I need exactly I have a little boy right now who loves his paci and he just turned two, I have ran out of ways to help him give up his pacifier. This book was cute and the helpful tips at the end are even better. I will definitely be getting this book and I definitely will recommend it to anyone having some issues also to parents who are not having issues I think this would also be something good. The illustrations are also beautiful. Thank you netgalley ...more
DoodlesandBooks
Sep 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
by Charlotte Attry, Jeremie Febvre, Sophie Lawson

It is a tale of a Pacifier Fairy, who takes away the kid’s pacifiers to a safe place, take care of them. Along with the tell it has some information included at the end of the tale.

The story is nice and so are the illustrations. The language is so simple and lucid. All though it is a fairy tale for small kids it is recommended for their parents as the books, as it has much too serve to the parents than what it has for the
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
Nov 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Though we call it a dummy here, this book was great at really sharing the idea of getting our daughter to learn that there is a time when you outgrow your dummy and really need to let it go. She loved the book and we really think it helped her get rid of it! The ideas and tips, at the back of the book, were lifesavers and helped us implement and reach the stage of getting rid of the dreaded dummy. We highly recommend this book!
emily sopt
Sep 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
The perfect book for all us parents who have Paci-Lovers! Such a sweet story to ease the end of using a pacifier & we get to meet Pacita the pacifier fairy who will take good good care of our paci's! I loved this story & how at the end we get some pro-tips from the experts on how handle the sensitive subject. Great job on this book! I think it would be a perfect addition to any pediatricians office or children's dental office as a take home gift! ...more
Shauna Morrison
Sep 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Pacita the Pacifier Fairy provides a gentler way of removing a pacifier from your child's habits than the one I used (I just kept 'losing' her pacifier). The book also provides tips to help you guide your child through the loss of their pacifier.

Thank you NetGalley and Beyond the Bridge Communications, LLC for the ARC.
Jill
Feb 11, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: ibpa, picture-books
After reading this book, I was very very happy that I never allowed my baby to use a pacifier. Really, it's that difficult to stop a child from using one? Is that why some children suck their thumbs (I was one of those kids, but my daughter was not). The illustrations are cute, the text is in rhyme, and there is helpful information in the back for parents who have this problem. ...more
Ryan
Nov 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Some children have a hard time letting go of their pacifier. It’s something some kids get rid of early, and some kids need to be told it’s time to go. This book illustrates a way to get rid of the binky with a story about a fairy who collects them and places them someplace special. In the back there are helpful tips for parents on how to toss the binkies in use at your house.
Anne-Fleur
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a gem! The story is an amazing companion to embark with your child of the pacifier weaning journey. Illustrations are gorgeous, the story line is engaging, funny and really well though out. I also love the last section of the book, which includes protips for us parents. Write more! I want a whole series like that please! Congrats and thank you 🙏
Pamela
Jan 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I love the idea of a paci fairy. It is a hard for both parents and kids to get rid of the pacifier and this story does a great job at laying the groundwork for the paci to be collected by pacita. I also love that there are a few pages of helpful tips for the parent.
Kristen
Oct 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Simple rhyming text with bright colorful illustrations provides parents and caregivers with a great story that will help pave the path for young children to part with their pacifiers which provide comfort for them. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced readers copy of this book thanks to NetGalley.
BisdeCapri
Feb 14, 2020

• I Have Ants in My Pants (National Center for Youth Issues)
  • Night Night, Norman
  • Find a Moose With Me!
  • A Real Friend
  • A Garden in Your Belly: Meet the Microbes in Your Gut
  • Bakers and What They Do
  • Bound By Steel (Mountain Misfits MC, #3)
  • The Killings at Kingfisher Hill (New Hercule Poirot Mysteries, #4)
  • Fifty Feminist Mantras: A Yearlong Practice for Cultivating Feminist Consciousness
  • In a Holidaze
  • My Little Occult Book Club
  • You Can Change the World: The Kids' Guide to a Better Planet
  • Builders
  • Mythopedia: An Encyclopedia of Mythical Beasts and Their Magical Tales
  • Lost
  • Is a Worry Worrying You?
  • The House Guest