Start by marking “The Rise of Saint” as Want to Read:

The Rise of Saint

(The Sins of Saint #1)

~ Mila ~

Killer. Monster. Thief.

That’s what he is. The one who stole me. The man who ripped me from a life I thought was mine. There was no negotiating. No choice to be made. And no. Way. Out.

He says my whole life has been a lie. I believe him.

He says he’s addicted to my tears. I believe him.

He says once I give him what he wants, he’ll let me go…

I don’t believe him.

~ Sa
Published March 4th 2020 (first published February 24th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about The Rise of Saint, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rise of Saint

Start your review of The Rise of Saint
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Dark Captive Romance set in Italy!

This was definitely dark. The Hero is a murderer, kidnapper and a jerk. His name is Saint and he definitely doesn’t take after his name. He has a dark, depraved side which he brings out in full force right from the start of this story. The heroine is a young woman named Mila who grew up in the New York foster care system. Saint has plans for her so he pays some young guy to become her friend, gain her trust and bring her to him when the time is right.

Mila has be
Zainab M.
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was that one lucky bitch to BETA this amazingly written story of forbidden romance between the impossible and a sparkling moth!

Bella J. has always been on my top list, since I read her Mafia High series and trust me when I say this, it keeps getting better and better with every new story update.

With a full 5 star, TROS won my heart, body, mind and soul. Bella James weaves her way into my sinister mind like the she devil and wrecks it with Saint’s sinful liaisons and Mila’s sweet innocence. T
Nikki  Malan
image: description

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐒𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
&
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐎𝐟 𝐒𝐢𝐧: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
I'm so mad at myself right now like really mad 😑.
I started reading this series thinking it was a duet but it turned out it was a bloody trilogy and now I'm upset cause I can't wait for the third book 😑.
Anyways, I loved Saint A LOT!! He is the epitome of hotness and dominance and all the sexy things wrapped in one package. And Mila, that woman is a firecracker she never backs down. Regardless of everything she's been through she keeps fighti
Ria  | Abstract ♥ Books

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

'The Rise Of Saint' is the first book of the 'Sins of Saint' Trilogy by the bestselling author Bella Jewel. Told in dual perspectives ,this book was one overwhelming ride of passion and mystery!

I have read tons and tons of books by this author and everytime she manages to shock me with her impeccable sense of writing and twisting words that shatter my heart into pieces. Saint and Mila 's story was an amazing book full of so many surprises an
Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
4.5 sexy stars!!

This is a dark romance. So be prepared. It’s dark but it is sexy. It ends in a cliffhanger and has you salivating for more!!

Saint is a monster. He will tell you he is a bad man. But is there a method behind his madness or is this all for revenge?!!!

Mila is an orphan. She is a strong woman who has had one hell of a life. He took her, he stole her. Can she be his if it means she can save one girl?!?!

“..The life of a girl with no home who grew up to be a woman with no identity…until
Rachel Lucas
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This amazing woman has done it again! This dark read had my anxiety so high. The secrets were piling up and the sexual tension was so thick I almost suffocated just reading it. These 2 characters will have you screaming..for lots of reasons. Saint is a man you love to hate. And Mila is just stubborn in every way possible and didnt see what was right in front of her. Definitely my favorite read of 2020 so far!
Sara
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reread
ATTENTION: This review contains Spoilers. Updated.

What did I just read??? Such a beautiful story!!!! Till almost half of the book I hated Saint but then I started to like him and now I love him. I love the plot, the characters, their names, I love their qualities and their flaws, I love everything about this book!!!!

The beginning of The Rise of Saint goes right to the point, which I loved, and leaves us with so many questions. How does Saint know Mila? Why did he kidnapped her? I found those ans
Lydia H
Shelves: top-2020-faves
OMG! What did I just read!!!!!!! I NEED book 2 NOW. Wow.

This was one hell of a dark, twisted, and angst-driven romance! Wow. Wow. Wow.

Saint. I’m dumbfounded and so conflicted when it comes to him. He is SEXY AF but just as well harsh, cruel, and oh so mysterious!! I am so curious to know his reasons for doing, well, everything!! I need answers.

And Mila? I honestly don’t know whether I envy her or pity her, LOL! One moment things are looking promising — and HOT — with Saint, but just as quickl
Heather  The Hatters
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 fabulous stars!!! Please be warned this does end on a cliffhanger, but what a cliffhanger it is!!!!
If you are looking for hearts and flowers in this dark romance, then you need to look elsewhere. However, if you are looking for a dark anti hero whom you are going to love to hate then look no further. Saint is a man on a mission, a mission that requires a beautiful young lady. When Mila first meets Saint her world is turned inside out and upside down. All I will say is this book is so worth it,
Monique
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’m so conflicted with this book! Do I love Saint or do I hate him??? Bella J sets you up for a roller coaster of emotions with this latest gut wrencher. Saint is the suave, dominant, wealthy but twisted kidnapper and killer and Mila is his prey, his secret weapon and his undoing. Their story is fast and angsty, emotions all in upheaval. The ending was totally unexpected! Can’t wait to see more of Saints secrets unfold...
This book deserves every one of the 5 stars I rated!!!
Snow
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it

This was a rush, a thrill and an adrenaline injection only Bella J's hands can come up with...

A suspenseful, tempting and alluring ride you are somewhat hesitant to jump on BUT you still fucking do it, just so you can be as deprived as the notion itself...

yeah, that's what this is all about...the secrets, the lies, and the devious plans you really shouldn't know about BUT then you are ripping your every single remaining atom in your mind to get the answers...

I loved everything, the darkness, the
JD
"Genre" -- from the French meaning "type" or "category" -- has its good points. Certainly, with their analogous character types, imagery, plot points, and tropes, readers know what they'll be getting and at times (particularly now), that in itself is comforting. In addition, since every reader has a genre they love, they will, of course, respond to those tropes, etc.

So, if you like the genre of "dark romance," with the sub-genres of "enemies-to-lovers" and "forced marriage," you may very well l
Sophie Ruthven
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 solid stars.
Took me a bit to get into but might of just been my frame of mind right now.
Was a mostly enjoyable book, will definitely be a top read for those who like the heat turned up.
Looking forward to seeing what happens next.
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Mar 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
description

I was not expecting that at all!

Full disclosure I had no idea that this was a book one and as I am plowing through the pages I keep thinking there is no way this can come to end with the number of pages I have left. And then things get more complicated and twisted and I know for sure that this will leave me hanging, and it does and I was mad but now I'm over it and I would just like more, please.

This is my first read from this author and she did not disappoint. While I enjoy a full range of boo
JenMcJ
Mar 05, 2020 rated it liked it
There were parts of this I really enjoyed. The writing is good, flows well and the book is well edited. As for dark. Yes, it's dark but the author has no good explanation for why Saint is such a jerk to Mila. She's not complicit in any of the machinations. Of all the people, she's the one that actually had the most to be angry about. She certainly lost the most so a lot of the harshness that Saint unleashes on her is just selfish, mean crap without any sufficient merit to help the reader embrace ...more
Jillian_J
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bella J. is an absolutely addictive dark romance Goddess! I have never in my life been so drawn into a story as I have with TROS.

The Rise of Saint is exactly that. Saint is an insanely hot, controlling, greedy man. Determined to get what he wants, to be at the top. Saint won’t allow for anyone stand in his way.

Mila is the lonely girl who’s grown up in and out of homes, never truly knowing love. She’s strong, determined, and does what she can to survive.

When these two meet the sexual tension is
Amber
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Rise of Saint is the first book I’ve read by Bella J. I don’t even know where to start, Bella J had me in a trance from beginning to end. Once I started there was no putting this book down. It was dark, twisted, seductive and oh so hot! You really want to hate Saint but just like Mila, you can’t. Readers won’t be able to stop themselves from getting wrapped up in these characters stories and wanting to know what’s to come from each turn of the page. The drama is so intense and I can’t wait f ...more
Coco.V
Aug 05, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (8/5/2020)! 🎁
Cierra McCauley (Cierra's Corner)
Whew! The Rise of Saint is Wicked Good! J intoxicates you with Saint and Mila! Instantly you're sucked into Saint's web and your heart is pounding for Mila! I devoured this book in one go, too captivated to put down. It's deliciously dark and sinful, thrilling and flat out tantalizing! You quickly lose your barrings on right and wrong, too mesmerized by the unknown and Saint's devilish ways! J really broke the mold with Saint, He's everything you secretly crave in a male character! I just can't ...more
Cheryl O'Harney
Mar 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Saint is one sexy anti-hero you’ll want to sin with in this dark romance.

Orphaned Mila has been through hell and back in this thing called life, she may come across as being week but I beg to differ she’s one strong woman, then there’s Saint this sexy man all hard around the edges who’s out for revenge, he’s been out looking for what was hidden from him. When this pair meet the sparks fly but it’s not all sunshine and rainbows, Saint’s a dark man who snatches Mila up all for himself.

An angst fi
Amanda Anderson (Beauty.and.the.bookies)
What a great read by Bella J.! Once I started I was hooked! Saint was mouthwatering. Dark, ruthless, cunning but you can tell he is hiding a heart inside that fortress of a body. And Mila, so headstrong and unwilling to give in to the demands of everyone around her. I absolutely loved and devoured this book like my next breath and I am HIGHLY INTRIGUED AND DESPERATE to find out what happens in the next installment to this series after that cliffhanger. 5 stars all around!
J. Ockenhouse
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bella J where have you been hiding? Saint is just like that seductive monster you have to hide your neck from because he'll take what he wants. I'm sure I'm supposed to not like him but... you know!!!!

From the first page you are weaved into their lives. You become fixated to the point that you don't even realize it. This one is just like a dark piece of chocolate, so awakening to all your senses.

The cliff is a head but please don't let that stop you from taking a walk into the abyss with Mila a
Rina Fourie
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
TROS..... The Queen of Cliffhangers has done it again.
He bought her, she said he kidnapped her, She witness her seller murder , he was covering all his bases.

She defied him and he allows it. Will she escape or fight?
Italy, Sun, jealousy, a wedding , , what more can you ask for
Will sh stay or will she run.....

this book will keep let you crave more....
Judi
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Rise of Saint by Bella J has it all - nerve-wrenching action, heartache, tension, twists and turns, and the off-the-charts hot, sometimes explosive, sometimes tender, sometimes scary sensual moments only Bella J can write with her special flair. The hard part is waiting for book 2 when the book ends in a cliffhanger.
Sherri Maughan
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Rise of Saint by Bella J is fantastical! Amazing! Dark and Sexy! He is a man who knows WHAT he wants and he WILL get it, no matter the consequences. Saint and Mila burn up the pages in this thriller!
σψεδζααδι Μαριάμ
dnf!
all those loving this utter humiliation of h like this, how would you feel this happening to you, your sister, or your own daughter?

showing h sooo sexually desperate that every time H successfully makes a slave out of her just bcuz he's good looking and she can do..well nothing?
Authors need to get a life and create more creativity instead of same damnn old BDSM shit over and over again.
Jennifer Pierson
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Rise of Saint (TROS) is one hell of a dark story which tried to bring me to my knees while wanting to kill people. It's the story of Mila, a girl who has grown up in the system, but there are secret layers woven together in a big lie to what her life actually means. Enter in Saint, a man so montreous, that I held on to some big rage for quite a bit of the story, since he made sure to bring that out in me. Hell, he didn't even care how the innocent Mila felt about him, because no one was gett ...more
Renee
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher to review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

Mila-Killer. Monster. Thief. That's what he is. The one who stole me. The man who ripped me from a life I thought was mine. there was no negotiating. No choice to be made. And no. Way. Out. He says my whole life has been a lie. I believe him. He says he's addicted to my tears. I believe him. He says once I give him what he want, he will let me go...I don't believe him.
Saint-Orphan. Fighter. Secret. T
Claudia Cardoz
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
INTENSE. MYSTERIOUS. PASSIONATE... BOOM!!! TROS😍😍😍. Oh my, I'm on the edge of feeling so many things. This book had me go through a spectrum of emotions but mainly switching between anger, hate and love. Repeat with adding some swooning or rather fanning myself with the red hot scorching intensity. But mind you even when there is no dirty deed involved yet you'll be breathing hard with the intensity that each scene is written with.
I NEED TO SCREAM.. TROS... HAD ME GO COMPLETELY CRAZY OVER ITS C
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Unholy Union
  • The Dark Kingdom Anthology
  • Unholy Intent (Unholy Union Duet #2)
  • King of Lies (Empire of Lies, #1)
  • Santiago's Conquest
  • Black Skies Riviera
  • Heartless Hero (Crowne Point #1)
  • The Bloody Bride (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #1)
  • Savage Beginnings (The Moretti Crime Family, #1)
  • Imprisoned
  • Diamonds in the Dust (Diamonds are Forever Trilogy, #1)
  • From the First Verse  (Life of Debauchery, #1)
  • Pike (The Pawn Duet, #1)
  • In Fury Lies Mischief (Midnight Mayhem, #2)
  • Shadow Man (Grayson Duet #1)
  • Priceless
  • Dance For Me (Alder Academy #1)
  • Principessa of Chicago (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #2)
All the way from Cape Town, South Africa, Bella J lives for the days when she’s able to retreat to her writer’s cave where she can get lost in her little pretend world of romance, love, and insanely hot bad boys.

Bella J is a Hybrid Author with both Self-Published and Traditional Published work. Even though her novels range from drama, to comedy, to suspense, it's the dark, twisted side of romance

The Sins of Saint (3 books)
  • The Fall of Sin
  • The Sins of Saint

News & Interviews

“He tasted of earth and water, fire and ice, salvation and destruction all together in a tender kiss that held me captive throughout a stolen moment in time.” 6 likes
“He held my face in his palms, those malevolent eyes deceptively peaceful. Like the eye of a hurricane. No wind. No rain. No storm. But surrounded by chaos and followed by mayhem. Destruction was the only thing it left behind, leaving nothing it touched unruined. That was Saint. A deadly hurricane, and there was not a chance in hell I’d survive the storm.” 2 likes