Start by marking “The Rise of Saint” as Want to Read:
The Rise of Saint

The Rise of Saint

~ Mila ~

Killer. Monster. Thief.

Thats what he is. The one who stole me. The man who ripped me from a life I thought was mine. There was no negotiating. No choice to be made. And no. Way. Out.

He says my whole life has been a lie. I believe him.

He says hes addicted to my tears. I believe him.

He says once I give him what he wants, hell let me go

I dont believe him.

~ Saint ~
Published March 4th 2020 (first published February 24th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about The Rise of Saint, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rise of Saint

Start your review of The Rise of Saint
Rukaiya M.
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was that one lucky bitch to BETA this amazingly written story of forbidden romance between the impossible and a sparkling moth!

Bella J. has always been on my top list, since I read her Mafia High series and trust me when I say this, it keeps getting better and better with every new story update.

With a full 5 star, TROS won my heart, body, mind and soul. Bella James weaves her way into my sinister mind like the she devil and wrecks it with Saints sinful liaisons and Milas sweet innocence. The
Nikki  Malan
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark
The Rise of Saint (TROS) by Bella J
Mila, was a child who grew up in the foster system and left to fight for her survival. But the layers that surround her life are starting to unfold. When she comes face to face with Saint, she is confronted with a multitude of physical and emotional assaults, but she is adamant about not losing her true self. Can she stand up to this man or will he be the man that can give her what she has been missing in her life for so long the truth? And if so, at what
Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
4.5 sexy stars!!

This is a dark romance. So be prepared. Its dark but it is sexy. It ends in a cliffhanger and has you salivating for more!!

Saint is a monster. He will tell you he is a bad man. But is there a method behind his madness or is this all for revenge?!!!

Mila is an orphan. She is a strong woman who has had one hell of a life. He took her, he stole her. Can she be his if it means she can save one girl?!?!

..The life of a girl with no home who grew up to be a woman with no identityuntil a
Rachel Lucas
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This amazing woman has done it again! This dark read had my anxiety so high. The secrets were piling up and the sexual tension was so thick I almost suffocated just reading it. These 2 characters will have you screaming..for lots of reasons. Saint is a man you love to hate. And Mila is just stubborn in every way possible and didnt see what was right in front of her. Definitely my favorite read of 2020 so far!
Sara
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ATTENTION: This review contains Spoilers.

The beginning of The Rise of Saint goes right to the point, which I loved, and leaves us with so many questions. How does Saint know Mila? Why did he kidnapped her? I found those answers later in the book but everytime I started a new chapter, I kept having more and more questions, some were answered and others we'll find in the second book.
Although at first, I hated Saint, he became irresistible, and the chemistry between him and Mila is off the charts.
Snow
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it

This was a rush, a thrill and an adrenaline injection only Bella J's hands can come up with...

A suspenseful, tempting and alluring ride you are somewhat hesitant to jump on BUT you still fucking do it, just so you can be as deprived as the notion itself...

yeah, that's what this is all about...the secrets, the lies, and the devious plans you really shouldn't know about BUT then you are ripping your every single remaining atom in your mind to get the answers...

I loved everything, the darkness, the
Kari Davis
The Rise of Saint is a brand new dark romance from the awesome mind of Bella J.  She knows how to lure you into her mind and lose yourself.  This of course ends with a cliffhanger because I know she enjoys torturing her readers.  That ending though....omg I yelled No!

I am not sure if I love Saint or hate him?  He is beyond cruel at times, but then he shows a softer side or hints of a softer side show.  However, is internal thoughts had me saying oh yes he is going to go down.  Mila is going to
Heather Whitaker Red Hatter Book Blog
5 fabulous stars!!! Please be warned this does end on a cliffhanger, but what a cliffhanger it is!!!!
If you are looking for hearts and flowers in this dark romance, then you need to look elsewhere. However, if you are looking for a dark anti hero whom you are going to love to hate then look no further. Saint is a man on a mission, a mission that requires a beautiful young lady. When Mila first meets Saint her world is turned inside out and upside down. All I will say is this book is so worth it,
Monique
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Im so conflicted with this book! Do I love Saint or do I hate him??? Bella J sets you up for a roller coaster of emotions with this latest gut wrencher. Saint is the suave, dominant, wealthy but twisted kidnapper and killer and Mila is his prey, his secret weapon and his undoing. Their story is fast and angsty, emotions all in upheaval. The ending was totally unexpected! Cant wait to see more of Saints secrets unfold...
This book deserves every one of the 5 stars I rated!!!
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Mar 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jess~

I was not expecting that at all!

Full disclosure I had no idea that this was a book one and as I am plowing through the pages I keep thinking there is no way this can come to end with the number of pages I have left. And then things get more complicated and twisted and I know for sure that this will leave me hanging, and it does and I was mad but now I'm over it and I would just like more, please.

This is my first read from this author and she did not disappoint. While I enjoy a full range
Lydia H
Shelves: top-2020-faves
OMG! What did I just read!!!!!!! I NEED book 2 NOW. Wow.

This was one hell of a dark, twisted, and angst-driven romance! Wow. Wow. Wow.

Saint. Im dumbfounded and so conflicted when it comes to him. He is SEXY AF but just as well harsh, cruel, and oh so mysterious!! I am so curious to know his reasons for doing, well, everything!! I need answers.

And Mila? I honestly dont know whether I envy her or pity her, LOL! One moment things are looking promising and HOT with Saint, but just as quickly,
Jillian_J
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bella J. is an absolutely addictive dark romance Goddess! I have never in my life been so drawn into a story as I have with TROS.

The Rise of Saint is exactly that. Saint is an insanely hot, controlling, greedy man. Determined to get what he wants, to be at the top. Saint wont allow for anyone stand in his way.

Mila is the lonely girl whos grown up in and out of homes, never truly knowing love. Shes strong, determined, and does what she can to survive.

When these two meet the sexual tension is
Cierra McCauley (Cierra's Corner)
Whew! The Rise of Saint is Wicked Good! J intoxicates you with Saint and Mila! Instantly you're sucked into Saint's web and your heart is pounding for Mila! I devoured this book in one go, too captivated to put down. It's deliciously dark and sinful, thrilling and flat out tantalizing! You quickly lose your barrings on right and wrong, too mesmerized by the unknown and Saint's devilish ways! J really broke the mold with Saint, He's everything you secretly crave in a male character! I just can't ...more
Cheryl O'Harney
Mar 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Saint is one sexy anti-hero youll want to sin with in this dark romance.

Orphaned Mila has been through hell and back in this thing called life, she may come across as being week but I beg to differ shes one strong woman, then theres Saint this sexy man all hard around the edges whos out for revenge, hes been out looking for what was hidden from him. When this pair meet the sparks fly but its not all sunshine and rainbows, Saints a dark man who snatches Mila up all for himself.

An angst filled,
Amanda Anderson (the.beauty.and.the.bookies)
What a great read by Bella J.! Once I started I was hooked! Saint was mouthwatering. Dark, ruthless, cunning but you can tell he is hiding a heart inside that fortress of a body. And Mila, so headstrong and unwilling to give in to the demands of everyone around her. I absolutely loved and devoured this book like my next breath and I am HIGHLY INTRIGUED AND DESPERATE to find out what happens in the next installment to this series after that cliffhanger. 5 stars all around!
Rina Fourie
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
TROS..... The Queen of Cliffhangers has done it again.
He bought her, she said he kidnapped her, She witness her seller murder , he was covering all his bases.

She defied him and he allows it. Will she escape or fight?
Italy, Sun, jealousy, a wedding , , what more can you ask for
Will sh stay or will she run.....

this book will keep let you crave more....
Judi
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Rise of Saint by Bella J has it all - nerve-wrenching action, heartache, tension, twists and turns, and the off-the-charts hot, sometimes explosive, sometimes tender, sometimes scary sensual moments only Bella J can write with her special flair. The hard part is waiting for book 2 when the book ends in a cliffhanger.
Sherri Maughan
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Rise of Saint by Bella J is fantastical! Amazing! Dark and Sexy! He is a man who knows WHAT he wants and he WILL get it, no matter the consequences. Saint and Mila burn up the pages in this thriller!
Renee
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher to review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

Mila-Killer. Monster. Thief. That's what he is. The one who stole me. The man who ripped me from a life I thought was mine. there was no negotiating. No choice to be made. And no. Way. Out. He says my whole life has been a lie. I believe him. He says he's addicted to my tears. I believe him. He says once I give him what he want, he will let me go...I don't believe him.
Saint-Orphan. Fighter. Secret.
Claudia Cardoz
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
INTENSE. MYSTERIOUS. PASSIONATE... BOOM!!! TROS😍😍😍. Oh my, I'm on the edge of feeling so many things. This book had me go through a spectrum of emotions but mainly switching between anger, hate and love. Repeat with adding some swooning or rather fanning myself with the red hot scorching intensity. But mind you even when there is no dirty deed involved yet you'll be breathing hard with the intensity that each scene is written with.
I NEED TO SCREAM.. TROS... HAD ME GO COMPLETELY CRAZY OVER ITS
Jennifer Pierson
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Rise of Saint (TROS) is one hell of a dark story which tried to bring me to my knees while wanting to kill people. It's the story of Mila, a girl who has grown up in the system, but there are secret layers woven together in a big lie to what her life actually means. Enter in Saint, a man so montreous, that I held on to some big rage for quite a bit of the story, since he made sure to bring that out in me. Hell, he didn't even care how the innocent Mila felt about him, because no one was ...more
Ana Rita
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my lord... I was super anxious to get my claws at this book.
It was almost painful to wait. Lol.
Being a greedy girl I want her books all the damn time...
Bella J. has been one of my favorite authors and I can't stay too long without her books.
She's awesome and everyone should read her books.
Her writing is got, dark, forbidden, intense. All qualities that make one story the perfect one for you to read.
The Rise of Saint is her latest release and explores the lives of Saint and Mila.
Saint
Ga Books LoverX
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Talk about INTENSE!! Bella J is amazing and I have read some pretty amazing dark romances from her. But The Rise of Saint definitely stands apart and is just hands down so dark, but so hot! With a main man that tip toes the line of love and hate, it definitely keeps things interesting throughout the entire story. Seriously, I was SO conflicted with my feelings on him, but that is what is part of the fun in a dark romance that imaginary line of what is too much. The chemistry between these ...more
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Each book I read by this author I fall more in love with her writing style. This book is a dark romance so if you are looking for hearts and flowers you need to find a different story, but if you are looking for an anti-hero whom you are going to love to hate look no further than Saint! Saint is a man on a mission, he knows what he wants and he will stop at nothing to have it damn the consequences! And Saint wants Mila. He says shes a transaction and she says he kidnapped her, but its just ...more
Elysian Fields
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
This story starts out dark and intense and doesn't let up. I am still now sure how I feel about Saint at the ending and I think that goes to show how talented the author is. She can write a story where I am unsure of the main character yet still has be addicted to turning the pages.

This story does end in a cliffhanger and a rather intense one at that, so I highly recommend people wait for the next book if they don't care for these types of endings.

I was unsure, through the entire story, how
Kylee
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Rise of Saint will have you constantly fighting yourself, do you love Saint or do you hate this man. Mila will also have your feelings torn between frustration, sympathy and adoration. A dark story that will pull you into the shadows where you will be caught up in the angst, emotions and the unexpected. Your mind will be conflicted by your heart as the cold cruel side of Saint gives way at times to the soft and caring side he occasionally shows. This book was intense and you felt the push ...more
Julie
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This one is a really deep, dark romance, and it just took me away.
I was really intrigued right from the start. Were introduced to an intense Mr Saint and Mila. Poor Mila, shes had it tough all her life, and now she has no idea shes the package expected by Saint. And Saint, not giving much away about him, hes a scary dude, rich, dominant, arrogant and very deadly....no not much to like about him yet. Yeah its a cliffhanger, and I cant wait for the next instalment.

Brilliant writing, had me totally
Sandy Lieberman
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Definitely 5+Stars! Sinful and Scorching!
This was the best book I have read of Bella J so far. It was Epic! The good-looking Saint (as he goes by) arranges to have Mila (the orphan) brought to him. From then on it is addicting and page-turning. I loved all the characters, the money, suspense and mystery. Not to mention the steamy sex waiting to happen. It was brilliantly written. You will love this book from page 1.

Cristina Z.
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Saint is the human embodiment of sin. He's strong, determined, passionate and doesn't mind getting his hands dirty. He craves the ultimate control and doesn't stop until he has it. And now, he needs Mila. Poor helpless Mila who needs to do everything he says.

I LOVED the book, I need the 2nd volume so badly I've already re-read this part!

The full review is available on Book Review Hub.
Pamela
Mila has grown up in the foster care system and had a hard life. Her life changes when she meets Saint. Saint is the man you want to hate. He took Mila and kept her. Can he provide the answers Mila wants about her life? A dark love story with a cliffhanger. Looking forward to the next book.

• All the Truths (Lies & Truths Duet, #2)
  • Mine (Ties that Bind, #1)
  • All the Lies (Lies & Truths Duet, #1)
  • Mating Theory
  • Owned by Him
  • Descent
  • Pike (The Pawn Duet, #1)
  • A Lovely Confession (Debt of Passion Duet #2)
  • Cruel Obsession (The Obsession Duet, #1)
  • Waiting for my Queen
  • In Fury Lies Mischief (Midnight Mayhem, #2)
  • Darker Than Love (Darker Than Love, #1)
  • Once A Myth (Goddess Isles, #1)
  • Kisses and Lies
  • Stolen Soulmate (Crowne Point #2)
  • Under His Rule
  • Queen of Lies (Empire of Lies #2)
  • Shattered Skull (Sons of Sinister, #1)
All the way from Cape Town, South Africa, Bella J lives for the days when shes able to retreat to her writers cave where she can get lost in her little pretend world of romance, love, and insanely hot bad boys.

Bella J is a Hybrid Author with both Self-Published and Traditional Published work. Even though her novels range from drama, to comedy, to suspense, it's the dark, twisted side of romance