Start by marking “The Hating Season” as Want to Read:
The Hating Season

The Hating Season

(Seasons #2)

A new stand alone enemies-to-lovers romance from USA Today bestselling author K.A. Linde…

Court Kensington is a thorn in my side.

I’m hired to clean up his badboy image, which would’ve been easy if my life wasn’t falling apart.

First, I catch my movie star husband having an affair with his co-star. Then when I return to work, my job is at stake, because Court has gotten himse
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 362 pages
Published April 28th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Hating Season, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hating Season

Start your review of The Hating Season
Christy
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
 photo 6BD80B3A-0E61-4295-AFAB-20952B242043_zps60hrxk1l.png

OMG yes, give me all the angsty, forbidden, enemies to lovers stories! The Hating Season was addicting from start to finish. I loved this book so much!

Court Kensington is in need of a publicist after a complicated break up and Anna English is the girl for the job. She’s perfect at cleaning up anyones image and great at her job. She prides herself on staying professional, but after her husband cheats on her and she finds herself single, Court becomes a little bit harder to resist…
Syndi
May 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very good. This is actually a very enjoyable read. The story is full with politic in PR indrustry where everyone back stabing everyone. And everyone have problem needs to be fixed.

That is the wrold where the romance blossom between Anna and Court. Both have been burn by their past relationship and trying to trust again. A lot of miss communication and misunderstanding. Tabloid makes everything difficult for both of them to fall in love.

I do enjoy how the author portrays that world vividly. It
lazybookconqueror
Apr 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2020books
This was such a great enemies-to-lovers romance. Seriously, if you're a fan of this trope, you need to read this.

The Hating Season follows the story of Anna English and Court Kensington.

The prologue already opens up with a bang (erm, pun not intended?). When Anna flies to London to visit her husband Josh Hut (whos's about to be the newest Jason Bourne) on set, she overhears the crew saying he has been screwing his co-star all along. Furious, desolate, and heartbroken Anna flies back to New York
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
I received this book from Author, Wildfire Marketing Solutions in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

The Hating Season, is the second book in the Seasons series and it follows the lives of Court Kensington and Anna English.

I was first introduced to both characters in The Lying Season and I found them fascinating and I jumped at the opportunity to read their story. Based on what was revealed in the first book, I expected this ins
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
Disclaimer: I received an Advance Reader Copy at no cost from the publisher/author. All opinions in my review are my own.

This was such an entertaining enemies-to-lovers story with a flair of forbidden romance. Get ready for an angst-ridden story because this couple doles it out in spades.

I was really impressed with the storytelling. The writing style was so smooth and effortless. It was a truly beautiful narrative that really pulled me into the story. The plot of the story was riveting. I was
konstantina  avouri
Apr 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
I never even knew what love was before you.

Let me start this review by saying that I can't believe how much I love this series already and how attached I am with the characters, truly one of the most underrated na romance series there's something about reading rich people's problems. Hopefully more people will pick this series update cause let me tell you Katherine and Whitley's books are gonna be A RIDE I just know it already.

So I haven't read a book about a publicist/client in a while and le
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4,5 / 5 stars

I was so excited for this book and it did not disappoint. It was so good, it was unputdownable! These two were explosive together. Their story was exciting, steamy, angsty, emotional. It had it all - drama, heartbreak, excitement, backstabbing b*tches, amazing supportive friends... I can't get enough of this series and these characters.

Court was so hot and so much more than his money and image put out there. Anna was so wrong about him but she slowly got to see what he hid
Izzie d
Apr 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dayang
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5⭐️

I've all the books in this series and technically this is the third because book one had a separate novella that was just released.

Although I enjoyed Lark and Sam's book—and it's probably too early to say given that Katherine and Camden's book is coming up in July, I could honestly say that this has been one of my favorite reads this year. Well, as far has the year had gone. An enemies to lovers romance is just my jam.

This series is interconnected with the Cruel trilogy. You don't have to rea
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
description
I LOVE these Upper East Side characters…

I’ve had my eye on Court Kensington since day one. Handsome with a bad boy reputation, there was a lot more to him then the tabloid headlines. Delving into the softness underneath meant this frenemies to lover story had all the luscious complications I could have wished for. Yes, this read as a standalone but I definitely recommend reading first the Cruel series and then The Lying Season before diving in. Why? Because the characters are bold and in your fa
* A review copy was provided by the author *

~ 5 Stars ~

Just like The Lying Season, I was so excited to read The Hating Season. I have been anxious to read Court and English’s story since I first met these characters. I am happy to say I wasn’t disappointed at all.

The Hating Season is a standalone novel that is a spin off from K.A. Linda’s Cruel Trilogy. After reading all these books, it is my recommendation to read them in order. Yes this book is a standalone, but I think you will appreciate the
Tammy
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5-stars isn’t enough for The Hating Season.

We’ve got to know Court as the spoiled, rich, Upper East Side playboy. He doesn’t give any thoughts to the women he sleeps with, the alcohol he drinks, or what people think about him.

Now, let’s throw in a PR agent that is supposed keep him out of trouble, out of the spotlight, and to help him put on a good front for his mothers re-election campaign.

Enter, English, Court Kensington’s worst nightmare or so he thinks. English is here for one thing and onl
Books, Coffee & Passion
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh God, I'm in love with Court. That's it, that's all I can say. I love him, he's mine, back off Anna! He's hot, sexy, gorgeous, has a great heart aaaaand he's a book nerd aaaand he loves Harry Potter!!!!!!!!!!!! I. CAN'T. EVEN. BREATHE.

Loved Court, Loved English (yes, Anna) and loved their story. Couldn't put it down, read it in one sitting and can't wait for Katherine & Camden's story!

Coherent review coming soon.

UPDATED & COHERENT REVIEW

Recognition. He saw me. And for the first time… h
All Booked Out
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

The Hating Season is an enemies-to-lovers romance full of angst, forbidden love and a tight knit group of friends. It enthralled me from the very beginning and left me wanting more when it ended.

Anna English, a celebrity publicist has been hired to clean up Court Kensington’s bad boy image and he has been her most challenging client yet. After finding her husband has cheated on her with his co-star, Anna is filled with anger, heartbreak and grief, and these swirling emotions lead her st
Courtney
Shelves: arc
4.5 Stars

The Hating Season is a contemporary romance full of angst, drama and a frowned upon romance. It is a complete standalone, however, I would highly recommend reading these books in order to get the best and all-around full story. The Hating Season is part of a series, The Seasons, but it is a spin-off of Linde's Cruel Trilogy.

Court Kensington needs to have his image cleaned up after he had a rather unfortunate and complicated breakup. It's not only for his own self-image but also becau
Shelly | The Mockingbird Reads
So, so good!

I patiently waited for this story and it did not disappoint!!
The chemistry between Court and English vibrates off the pages for me. It was so refreshing to see another side of Court; one he didn’t let anyone else see. And English...man, English was a #BossBitch 🙌🏼

Then K.A. Linde goes and throws in a little sneak peek of The Breaking Season and I. About. Died!!! Y’all I screamed with excitement over that little teaser and now the wait will be brutal.

K.A. Linde knows how to leave y
Nephy
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is the bomb. I want more from the author
Manoela
4 Stars

The Hating Season is the second book in the Season series and brings a story with a touch of forbidden romance and enemies for lovers that kept me glued to the pages until the end.

Court appears to be that typical bad boy, but page by page we discover the real Court, the one behind the facade and it is impossible not to fall in love with him. I loved it. And Anna is not far behind, she shows herself to be an independent person, who recently had her heart broken and did not expect to devel
Yamina -Women Who Stare at Books
I have enjoyed this book so much!!
I loved how the book was organised and the titles for each part!
English is a strong, determined and driven heroine who always abides by her one and only rule- NEVER GET INVOLVED WITH A CLIENT. She’s planning to get divorced and get a fresh start in NY.
However, she has her hands full when she’s given the responsibility to look after Court Kensington so that he doesn’t compromise his mum’s campaign- playboy, party animal...

When they are both in the same rooms,
Cassidy
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I had so much fun reading this book. I enjoy this world. It’s got a little bit of a Gossip Girl vibe. The heroine is strong and independent. The hero made me swoon constantly. You never know what is going to happen. The good, the bad, or the ugly could pop out at anytime. I’m invested in these characters. I need the next book ASAP. Every crumb we get about them, just makes me hungrier for their story.

I voluntarily read an early copy.
Attack Salmon
May 03, 2020 rated it it was ok
Its pretty hot in some places but mostly meh

The Hating Seasons start with a major punch with Anna finding out his hot husband Josh is cheating on her. Then she take a job babysitting Court.

Meh this book give a lot of preview towards Kamden and Katherine which I been crazy about from day one. Probably thats why I am not so into Court and Anna
Deekay
Apr 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is not my usual romance read because this is a contemporary political romance. I don’t usually read romance that is centered around politics, but this one amazed me. I gave it a try and it was really worth the read.

It has a lot of political stuff, some celebrity gossips, publicity stunts mess, and obviously this book also has highly rich characters aka the Upper East Sides people. Reading a book that has a lot of UES people is different due to the fact that the characters are super rich and
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Amazon | Nook | Apple | Kobo | Google Play

Anna comes home from finding out her husband has cheated on her, and the last thing she needs in her life is to have to play fixer for her most obnoxious client - bad boy troublemaker, Court, the mayor's son, and pain in her ass. Not only does she not need to have to fix his latest screwup, but she also doesn't need an inconvenient attraction to him. Damn, this woman just cannot get catch a break!

Court is a screwup for sure, but his attractio
☆Tweety ~ purplebass ☆
description
BLOG | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER

The Hating Season is the second book of the Seasons series, and it's about Court and English. They also were in Book 1, although I haven't read that one but I plan on doing so once I have more time. What can I say? K.A. Linde is one of my favorite contemporary romance authors. She's rarely disappointed me with her romances, so I was sure I would like this one. It did have moments where I wasn't fully convinced at the beginning, but after the first part it got better.

The
Jess (ireadergosum) Reviews
Dear Lord this series is AMAZING! Seriously, K.A. Linde was a new-to-me author when I read the first book, The Lying Season, and I was hooked! When I met English and Court in the first book, I just knew it had to happen (even if English was married). K.A. Linde knows how to give major depth to her characters and getting to know these two throughout this story was so, so good. I knew this book would be great, but she really developed Court in a way that made me like him despite all the crazy stuf ...more
Apr 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author***

4.5 Stars

I have been excited for the story focused on Court and Anna/English since we met them in the last book. The idea of the woman using the man to get over someone else, as the man isn't her type or someone she would normally date.

And, well, when we meet Court he doesn't seem like the kind of guy that anyone should date. He's a player. He's rude. He doesn't care about what others think of him, because he doesn't care about anyone but himself.

Or, is that who h
Myen
Shelves: 2020-books
Enemy to Romance is the perfect definition for Court and English. Never ever say its never gonna happen but this duos were really cute together. The Hating season was fully tit for tat! I love the spicy drama and the connection were irresistable. The ideas of these two odd couple to fall inlove were explosive.. It was emotional and the struggle of feelings.. Love it ❤
Polly
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First, this cover is super sexy..

Next, I LOVE a bad boy. Court was an amazing bad boy that turns out wasn't super bad and I ate him up. Usually I love KA's female leads more then the males but not this time. I loved this story. It had the perfect mix of angst, steam, and the best side characters.

I never thought I would want to read the next book in this series but I'm dying for it!!
Sanaa
Apr 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars.

Jesus. I don't know where she comes up with the storylines but I'm glad she does because I love it. KA Linde is the queen of angst and this was 110% that. I've been a huge fan of all her work and Court and English were everything. I'm not going to lie, it wasn't my favorite out of all the ones she's written but I love the glimpse we get of the characters from the other books and I can't wait for Katherine's book next!!!
Meander - Read & Roam
My Rating: ***3/4
Type: Standalone
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Narration: Dual POV
Primary Characters: English & Court
Source: Courtesy of Author/ Publisher – ARC

I voluntarily read an ARC of this book in exchange for honest review.

The Hating Season is the second installment in the Seasons series. As listed in the synopsis, it can be read as a standalone. This is my first book of K.A Linde so I haven’t read “The lying season” yet. According to me its not an enemies to lovers romance.

Anna Englis
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Fight for Me (The Arrowood Brothers, #2)
  • The Naughty Princess: A Sexy Royals Novella
  • Southern Storm (Southern Series, #3)
  • Bachelor Boss (The Bachelors Club, #2)
  • Rising (Slay Quartet, #4)
  • Southern Comfort (Southern Series, #2)
  • All the Lies (Lies & Truths Duet, #1)
  • The Two of Us (Love in Isolation, #1)
  • My Favorite Souvenir
  • Ruthless Princess (Mafia Royals, #1)
  • Wild for You (Hot Jocks #6)
  • Unforgettable (Cloverleigh Farms, #5)
  • Madam Temptress (The Magnolia Duet #2)
  • The Saint
  • The Sinful King (Naughty Royals, #1)
  • Coach Me
  • House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City, #1)
  • Stirred (Twisted Fox, #1)
K.A. Linde is the USA Today bestselling author of the Avoiding Series, Wrights, and more than thirty other novels. She has a Masters degree in political science from the University of Georgia, was the head campaign worker for the 2012 presidential campaign at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and served as the head coach of the Duke University dance team. She loves reading fantasy n ...more

Seasons (4 books)