Start by marking “Turn of Fate” as Want to Read:
Turn of Fate

Turn of Fate

(French Quarter Collection #0)

Two strangers struggling from day to day. One trying to overcome the past, while the other hides behind it.

Tripp Alexander thinks he has everything figured out and nothing can stop him, when a swift dose of reality plants his feet firmly back on the ground. Maybe a little too close to six feet under.

Loren Jensen knows heartache. She knows what it’s like to have your future
Published November 19th 2018 by Enchanted Publications (first published October 9th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Turn of Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Turn of Fate

Start your review of Turn of Fate
Melanie Moreland
The Other One is an emotional journey written by the talented team known as Jiffy Kate.
The pain and suffering of the lead character, Tripp, is handled with a sensitive hand, and his life is shown with flashbacks, taking the reader on a journey —who he was, and how he came to be the person we meet in the book.
After a life altering event, and struggling to find himself, Tripp encounters Ania, or Loren as we eventually find out, and she proves to be the force that helps him moves forward, even as
CeCe
I tried, but I am not a fan of the back and forth flashbacks.

The whole thing with Whitney...I really do not want to read about the hero and another woman and how great she was.

Not for me. This may work for you.
Amy
Sep 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Beautiful Stars!!

“For the first time in a long time, I feel like the dark cloud that’s been hovering over me for so long is lifting. For once, something is going right in my life. Loren makes me feel like there’s a chance for normal. But she’s so far from normal. She is anything but. She’s extraordinary–a beautiful girl, with sad eyes, and hidden secrets–but she sees me, the real me, and she doesn’t run. She stays.”

No one does southern charm and second chance romances like the duo of Jiffy K
The BookAddict Mom

The Other One by Jiffy Kate once again demonstrates how talented this dynamic duo is. Absolutely heartbreaking, The Other One is a beautifully written story about two strangers whose lives are rocked and completely altered when tragedy strikes each of their lives.

Fate…at least I like to think it was…intercepts by crossing their paths resulting in an undeniable connection that ultimately could change everything for both of them. Do you believe in destiny? Even when your happiness is the result of
Sara
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fantastically heartwarming novel of turning life around after faced with tragedy and finding love.

Tripp is a beautiful soul. He suffered a tragic event that changed him forever. Now he sees the beauty in unexpected things. Then he meets Lauren, a girl who is as broken as he is. Her hauntingly sad eyes intrigue him. They form a friendship which grows into something more.

These two authors know how to use all the feels. I immediately fell in love with Tripp and I loved reading along as
Megan | A Page to Turn
This book is my top three book this year, and that's kind of a huge feat since I'm encroaching on my 100 book goal for the year. These ladies know what they are doing, and they do it very well. So well, in fact, that I can't help but compare their stories to those of the Queen, Colleen Hoover. They do Southern Romance at it’s best - with some completely flawed characters who just want to love and be loved in this life.

Jiffy Kate doesn't disappoint in The Other One, their third book release; the
Shannon
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: faves
Tripp has such a beautiful heart!!! Although he experienced a life altering and devastating event, he survived and healed, and because of it he grew and loved. There was something beautiful and inspiring in what he perceived as his "brokenness".

"Loren makes me feel like there's a chance for normal. But she's so far from normal. She's anything but. She's extraordinary- a beautiful girl, with sad eyes, and hidden secrets- but she sees me, the real me, and she doesn't run. She stays."

Totally swoo
Kim Ginsberg
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tripp Alexander is trying to get his life back after a horrific accident. He gets a job and notices a beautiful woman sitting in a booth at the cafe he was just hired at. He instantly is drawn to her but is too shy and withdrawn to approach her. Loren Jenson knows heartache. She goes to the cafe to think about what she's been through and notices the new waiter. He captures her attention even though they don't talk to each other. Can two broken souls heal each other? Find out in this awesome read ...more
Brwneyedgrl01
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jiffy Kate did it again! This book grabs your attention from the beginning and does not let go. Tripp and Loren's story goes way beyond your typical love story. It's about love and loss, finding yourself, letting go of the past and embracing the future, overcoming your fears, and facing your demons. It's daring to hope and dream, and following your destiny. I have completely fallen in love with this book and I look forward to reading it over and over again!!! ...more
Carrie Elks
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Other one is a story of second chances and redemption. The tale of two broken people who mend each other and become whole together. From the first page I was mesmerised by Jiffy Kate's words. I found myself rooting for Tripp and his Anya, turning the pages quickly to see what their secrets were, and how they overcame them. Quite simply it was a beautiful read. ...more
Judy
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this story very much. Tripp is a young man who was seriously injured in a car accident, leaving him with traumatic brain injury issues. A girl, whom he calls Aria, comes into the restaurant where he works every Thursday and sits alone, writing in her diary, for hours. These two are destined for each other, as we find out just how they are connected as the story unfolds. This is a moving and well told story. I didn't read it in it's previous form, but here I found the characters ...more
Melissa Ann
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this story of Tripp and Loren! Jiffy Kate writes so amazing and so raw, that this story really touches the heart. My heart broke for Tripp and all he went through until he met a girl with a sad eyes, he felt a connection to her. Loren has her own secrets and pain she’s holding onto and when you find out, your in quite a shock. You constantly cheer these two characters on and use also want to reach into book and console them. Tripp’s family was fantastic and I loved how they supported h ...more
Sharon
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a sweet story, but kind of slow for me.
Trip and Loren have experienced somethings tragic in their lives. Their connection to each other was instant, but it too so long to build up from there.

The writing is great. The story line is great. My heart went out to both Trip and Loren. I just wanted MORE!

I will continue to read more books by Jiffy Kate! I think these authors are very talented and can't wait to see what they create for us next!
Linda Newbern
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book certainly wasn’t one to read fast. I became so invested in Tripp’s problems and his guilt. Loren was just the person he needed to see inside Tripp and be there for him. I love Wyatt who was such a kind, gentle man. Thankfully Tripp was surrounded by people who love him and supported him. This was such a beautifully written book that I can recommend without reservation.
Shaina
Feb 17, 2020 added it
This is more of a new adult novel and I think if I knew that, I would have had a better read. Tripp’s inner dialogue was a bit much for me. I also think that the story could have been flushed out more and flowed better. There were a lot of little events plus flashbacks that sort of jumbled things a bit.
Jenn
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You can't help but immediately fall in love with Tripp, and be the guy's number one cheerleader! With relatable characters and situations, I couldn't put this book down...and have actually read it a second time :) ...more
Angela
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tripp had an incredible obstacle thrown in his way. He’s working through it and trying to be a better person. Loren has been beaten down and she keeps beating herself down along with it. They manage to fumble their way along and find the right path forward. This is an amazing love story!!
Stefanie
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such an emotionally rich book! My heart broke for Tripp. My heart rejoiced at all the support Tripp has. There is also such a mystery to Tripp and Loren. When Tripp and Loren find one another it’s beautiful.
Ashley N Stephens
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I enjoyed this sweet story. Tripp and Loren have both had unimaginable traumas in their lives. Destiny steps in and guides them together to heal in the sweetest way. Another great Jiffy Kate Story!
Lindsay Currier
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet and Heartwarming

I throughly enjoyed this book. The characters were adorable and I wanted to hug them when they struggled and cheer for them when they succeeded. It left me feeling happy and hopeful. What more could you ask for.
Way-Way Pee
A good enough story, but I’m not sure I’m a fan of the extended flashbacks. This is set in the Blue Bayou / NOLA world but a few years ahead of Shaw/Avery. More NA. There were a few typos and grammatical errors.

Note: called both Turn of Fate and The Other One
Mariya
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed it. It was an interesting story, likable characters and good writing.
Kathy Schofield
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emotional love

What a beautifully written story. The love found through tragedy is beautifully told through Loren and Tripp's story. I found this read totally refreshingly real.
Christopher Jos Evans
Such a beautiful sweet story. One of the very best I’ve read all year. ❤️
Trina Smith-patterson
I wanted to give both these characters the biggest hugs!

I absolutely loved this book, yet I find myself at a lost of words. Tripp and Loren are too very pained people and both are s o undeserving of the pain they have to endure. From the very beginning, when we meet Tripp, we know that this is one for the heartstrings. His struggle to just be normal after he faced a life threatening event that changed him from the vibrant, handsome, and maybe even cocky man to a shell of his former self. However
Clara Martinez Turco
I'm kicking myself for not reading this book sooner. I had it forever on my kindle, and it was the only Jiffy Kate book I hadn't read. Why? I. do. not. know. It's one of the earlier stories and, in my opinion, one of their most powerful ones. Tripp Alexander and Loren Jenson are adorable, and their story is a redemption journey filled with raw emotion, love, self discovery, fate and second chances.
I don't think this book receives the credit it deserves. So if you are looking for an amazing and e
Tina
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jiffy Kate is in the running for best writing duo in my book. Their stories bleed beauty and heart. The Other One is a tale that is emotionally charged and stunning. Loren and Tripp stole my heart! When I started reading this book I was excited to see where Jiffy Kate would take me. I know that it would be well written and could not wait to see what they had in store. I was not disappointed. This book was amazing. One of the things I loved about it was the way the story is presented. Tripp has g ...more
Jessica
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Other One
By Jiffy Kate
4.5 Heartwrenching Stars!!!!!

Tripp Alexander had it all the perfect family, good looks, popularity, a gorgeous girlfriend, star athlete, and more friends than he could name. In the blink of an eye everything that made you envy worthy can all be taken away and what you are left with is just a shell of your former self. Now Tripp’s spiral to the bottom didn’t happen instantly it was a more gradual chain of events in a short amount of time but the end result was still the
Judi
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am mesmerized by these two women. Few people can tell a story like Jiffy Kate. The Other One is one of the best. The way they describes people, places, dialogue, and events is just amazing. There was a good balance of the sharing of the story between Tripp and Loren, not a lot of detail by detail repeating. This story had heartbreak, relationship, intrigue, excitement, character development...all rolled up into one great package.
These two talented authors just always knows when to add the per
Shawn
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tripp sucked me into the story from Chapter 1! I found myself skipping sleep just to see what he would do next.

Jiffy Kate has written such a beautifully unique story. It is not the typical boy meets girl, boy falls for girl. It had heart and depth that and such an original story line.

"But what if I fail?" I ask this question all the time. Fear of failure is very real and it can be crippling!

Sometimes life doesn't end up the way we expect, it's better!

• Love in Deed (Green Valley Library #6)
  • Steal My Magnolia (Love at First Sight, #3)
  • Carpentry and Cocktails (Green Valley Library, #5)
  • My Bare Lady (Scorned Women's Society, #1)
  • Changing the Rules (Richter, #1)
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • The Treble With Men (Scorned Women's Society, #2)
  • Batter of Wits (Love at First Sight, #2)
  • Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library, #3)
  • Stranger Ranger (Park Ranger, #2)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • Heart Smart (Work For It #2)
  • Dewey Belong Together (Green Valley Library, #7)
  • Code of Honor (Cipher Security #2)
  • Silver Player (The Silver Foxes of Blue Ridge #2)
  • Silver Mayor (The Silver Foxes of Blue Ridge #3)
  • Marrying Mr. Wrong (Dirty Martini Running Club, #3)
  • Silver Biker (The Silver Foxes of Blue Ridge #4)
Subscribe to Jiffy Kate's Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/c_JFaX

Jiffy Kate is the joint pen name for Jiff Simpson and Jenny Kate Altman. They're co-writing besties who share a brain and a love of cute boys, good coffee, and fun times.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jiffykate
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jiffykatewr...

French Quarter Collection (4 books)
  • Blue Bayou
  • Come Again
  • Neutral Grounds (French Quarter Collection #3)
  • Good Times (French Quarter Collection #4)