Start by marking “Mountains Loved (Mountains #3)” as Want to Read:
Mountains Loved (Mountains #3)

Mountains Loved

(Mountains #3)

Time doesn't heal all wounds...LOVE does.

Dr. Sarah Lynde and Lt. James McAllister are together at last, but it seems their mountain climbing days have just begun. Making decisions about their family and whether their relationship will be open or closed puts strain on the couple, while old demons and mounting grief threaten to tear them apart completely.

Is their
Kindle Edition
Published February 13th 2020 by Mountains Wanted Publishing (first published October 10th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Mountains Loved, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mountains Loved

Start your review of Mountains Loved (Mountains #3)
Piper
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Am back again in the world of Sarah and James seeing how thier relationships has progressed over this series. This is a book that deals with alot of different concepts portrayed to real life. It's full of emotions. Some of this real hit home with me as i suffered this myself so in relating to a book this comes extremely close. I love how caring Sarah's children are towards her. I adored the ending of this book.
Luv
I was disappointed with this third book. I gave a three stars rating but I was being generous. (This after giving five stars for book two.) Adding Abby's storyline into the primary tale of James/Sarah's journey became disruptive for this reader. The author's constant flipping between Abby and James/Sarah's storyline altered the dynamics for the book. Abby needs her own book which would have been a perfect pathway for the author to continue the series with other characters.
Energy
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I wanted to sit on this one for a few days and savor the satisfaction of a 3-part book that evoked so many emotions. There were moments, as with the first two books, when I wanted to reach into the book and ring James' neck, just a little bit (or a lot, who am I kidding). But I just knew, that Sarah, as the grounding force in his life, would be there even in the hardest of times.

They have gone through so much even before this book, and if you're expecting their relationship to be all sunshine
Debi
Mountains Loved (Mountains Series #3) By Phoebe Alexander

5 +++++++ Stars

***sigh***

I have so many conflicting emotions with this book….I don't think I have ever in all my years of reading wanted to crawl into a book and hit somebody upside the head as bad as I wanted to in this book. This is an ongoing story so please don't try to read this as a standalone, there is so much substance you will be missing if you do that. I will not go into any detail regarding the storyline so as not to spoil
Laura Furuta
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mountains Loved (Mountains Series #3)
By Phoebe Alexander
5 out of 5 stars

I loved reading the story Mountains Loved (Mountains Series #3) by Phoebe Alexander. It is the third book in the story of James and Sarah. These two have chemistry and a strong love for each other. They also still have some mountains that they must climb. Situations with family and if they will have an open relationship are complications that they must face. What does the future hold for James and Sarah? Will they be torn
Cindy
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mountains Loved
Mountains Series
Book 3
By Phoebe Alexander

This is the continued story of Dr. Sarah Lynde and Lt. James McAllister. This I think was the hardest book to read, as James and Sarah still have struggles. Don't get me wrong. All relationships have struggles, we have all been there. But for Sarah and James, this is a whole new struggle. Learning to be honest and communication is a real struggle. James sure tried, Sarah and even my patience. So having said that let's throw in some
Rosanna Ingram
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The conclusion of James’ and Sarah’s story is not without its ups and downs. The third book of their story picks up a little in the future from where the second one left off. James and Sarah are now married. Like previous books, it switches back and forth between Sarah’s POV and James’ POV. This sometimes gets a little confusing because there is no indication at the beginning of the new chapter as to who’s POV it is.
Sarah and James set out to build their family, as they talked about in previous
Dawn Daughenbaugh
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 Star
Mountains Loved (Mountains Series #3) By Phoebe Alexander
Mountains Loved is the third book in the Mountains Series by Pheobe Alexander. Holy Cow , what a story. I think this one is my favorite yet. I literally found myself lost in the pages. I couldn’t stop reading till the end. I was invested in this book so much I at times was biting at my nails not because of suspense but because the scene was hot and steamy. There is a bit of drama and a little bit of sadness but the steamy scenes
Michelle Graves
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I guess some xs u have 2 watch things crumble b4 u can build them back up even stronger than b4. James had 2 get his head out of his ass from his dad b4 he realized what truly matters the most. And 2 abby's dad it's a good thing he finally got his head out of his ass 2 really c the truth of the psycho bit cheaper b4 he married her. People shouldn't judge other's for anything cause of their race or gender. It's bad enough society makes people feel bad but there's no true reason 4 it. God created ...more
Tausha Treadway
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mountains Loved (Mountains Series #3) By Phoebe Alexander. I love this series. Its the story of Dr. Sarah Lynde & Lt. James McAllister. These books need to be read in order to get the full story. They have had to climb many mountains to get where they are but the mountain climbing isn't over. This relationship is not all sunshine and puppies. There are other people involved which always makes things more complicated but there relationship is alone stormy. They have a steamy attraction to one ...more
Katie Kearney
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mountains Loved (Mountains Series Book 3) by Phoebe Alexander. I honestly don’t know how this author does it, I swear she’s pure magic with words! Every book is better than the last! I was so excited to be back with Sarah and James I’ve been missing them. They have chemistry that just jumps off the pages and their story pulls me in immediately. I feel a coming home feeling when I get to continue their story. Please read theses amazing books in order to fully understand and get their story. The ...more
Bobbi Wagner
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a series I have loved from the beginning and the third book brings it over the top. I highly suggest reading this series in order to help understand Sarah and James's story better. In this book their story continues. Just when they think they are hitting the top of their mountain, they realize that the mountain has just gotten bigger and there is more to climb. There is something missing in their relationship, will they find it to get their HEA that they have always wanted? They are ...more
Anastasia
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've followed this series from the very start & the third Book is by far the best one out of the series. This series should be read in order to get the best possible reading experience! This book is a continuation of James and Sarah's story and they're are learning that even though life is currently good, there will always be another Mountain to climb. They have to decide if this challenge is the end for them or will they learn that the HEA they've been searching for is worth fighting for?
Sue
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
It would seem after Mountains Climbed that Sarah and James finally have their act together. They have found their Happily Ever After and life has moved forward a bit. However, there were promises made that must now be fulfilled and while they are technically in a poly relationship, they haven't seemed to have fulfilled that part of themselves since they committed to each other. As open as they seem to be, there seems to be something missing in their relationship. These two will have more ...more
Rachel Moss
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mountains Loved by Phoebe Alexander was great! It was the perfect end to this trilogy series. Like the other two, this book grabbed in from the beginning and wouldn't let go. I couldn't tell if this novel was more emotional than the second in the series, but all the emotions are definitely in this one! It had me laughing and crying just like the second one did. And again, I highly recommend this third book in the Mountains Series!
Meg Tyrrell
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have read both Mountains Wanted and Mountains Climbed by Phoebe Alexander and this third book Mountains Loved didn’t let me down either! I have fallen for Sarah and James since the first book. Their story has such depth that I feel myself getting drawn in every time I open a Mountains Series. It’s an absolute must (in my opinion) to read the first two before this one. You will NOT be disappointed. Also the steamy scenes that Phoebe gives are AMAZING.

BusyM3
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the final chapter in this series Mountain Loved. The characters go through their ups and downs, and get their happy ending. The story takes its ups and downs and takes you on an adventure. It is recommended that you read them in order to get a better understanding of the story and the characters.

I received a copy from Booksprout and I am voluntarily leaving a review.
Elvira
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the continued storyline of James and Sarah. The author continues to developed the couple making us fall hook, line, and sinker in our commitment to follow there journey. Both characters and storyline are well developed and written.

Bonnie Mancuso
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SUCH A REMARKABLE STORY! Phoebe Alexander is such an amazing author. This may very well be my favorite book in this trilogy. The writing continues to be flawless. The characters are well developed and well rounded. You've become invested in them at this point. You run the gamut of emotions by the time you finish this story. And what a story it is. This is a journey you don't want to miss.
Kari Horstman
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was my favorite of the series. Real, heartfelt, overwhelming human connections throughout the entire book left my emotions all over the place. I can completely identify with Sarah and I am so glad this character was written. Excellent job. 5 stars.
Teri Ditchman
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great story in the Mountains Series. I loved Sarah and James journey. There story involves, love and loss and being reunited. All the characters are written so well. I felt like I was in the story and felt everything they felt. A must read!!!
Bambi Bloomfield
I am so in love with James and Sarah, I don't want their story to end! They have their ups and downs, like every other married couple. And the sex is super hot! Each of Phoebe's books I love a little more than the last!
Jennie Ersari
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love wins.

Beautiful ending in this trilogy of life and love. Hot and steamy, warm and loving, struggles and happy endings. I loved this trilogy!
CK McDonald
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stunning

Never have the trials and tributes of love been more profoundly expressed than in this continuing story of love and discovery.
Rhonda Compton
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing series

I absolutely feel in love with this series. Watching a love grow and overcome obstacles of life. I love it
Alice Rachel
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this is my favorite in the series (besides the novella) and that's saying a lot considering book 2 had Garrett!

So where to start?

First of all, Sarah's story felt very personal for me because her experiences with the twins is something I have gone through and it was extremely realistic, including her relationship with James during and after.

Though I wanted to hit James across the head a bunch, I wasn't surprised by his actions. Once again, pretty realistic and I like real, full-fleshed
Rebecca
So 40% into this book, and here are my frustrations that I hope get cleared up at some point.
First, I don't even want to read about Abby. This story is about Sarah and James.
At no point do Sarah and James talk about him being interested in the alternative life style, he just jumps in with both feet and no conversation. That seem contrary to everything about Sarah thus far in the series. Then Sarah is jealous about James wanting to invite others in - the flip-flopping of feelings and no
Chris
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The author definitely saved the best for last with this final book in the trilogy! I found myself up until 2 am reading, desperate to know what happened to Sarah and James, as well as Abby.
I enjoyed the thoroughness with which the characters were fleshed out, and the dichotomy between Sarah's story and her daughters' was really interesting.
Bonus: The sex scenes in this book were definitely steamy!!
While you could certainly read this one as a stand alone novel, I think it would really be best
Jared Gallant
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the journey up the mountain. Another excellent work by Alexander. Touching and endearing, the story kept you guessing but still ended in a way that was satisfying way for James and Sarah.
Ruthann McNeeley
Awesome

This is an awesome trilogy. I could not put my kindle down. I would highly recommend it. You will not be disappointed.

• The Sister Pact: Home is Where The Heart is
  • Before the Second Show
  • A Sun So Bright (Reigning Hearts, #3)
  • Lillie (Maggie Trilogy Series Book 3)
  • Broken by Love
  • Jax Marlin - To Catch A Marlin
  • Game of Fear
  • The Botanical Kitchen: Cooking with Fruits, Flowers, Leaves and Seeds
  • Irresistible Attraction
  • Brutal & Raw (Beneventi Family, #1)
  • Dagda's Daughter: Raven and Hummingbird Book 2
  • Call of the Alpha (The Powder River Pack #2)
  • Kermode: Legends Series Book 2
  • 2am Secrets
  • Forget Nico: Falling for the Wrong Italian (The Italian Saga #3)
  • Falling to Pieces (Rose Gardner, #3.5)
  • Forsaken
  • Covert Threat (Gray Ghost #5)
Phoebe Alexander writes #sexpositive #bodypositive erotic romance featuring compelling plots intertwined with passionate, fiery encounters. She believes that real, relatable characters can have even steamier sex than billionaires, rock stars, and the young and lithe-bodied. She also advocates for ethical non-monogamy through her writing.

Phoebe lives on the East Coast with her husband, sons, and

Mountains (6 books)
  • Mountains Wanted (Mountains, #1)
  • Mountains Climbed (Mountains, #2)
  • Christmas in the Mountains (Mountains #4)
  • The Navigator (Mountains #5)
  • The Explorer (Mountains, #6)