Start by marking “Before I Failed” as Want to Read:
Before I Failed

Before I Failed

(Before I #2)

5 years ago, young and ambitious Tom Seed was living the best years of his life on the street, homeless.

In dirt. In pain. In hunger. Depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts in his mind. Without money. Without friends. Without meaning.

Now he’s a respected artist earning lost of money, enabling him to live a wealthy life. Fast cars. Shiny objects. Exotic destinations. Attra
Published January 2020 by Tomas Veres

To ask other readers questions about Before I Failed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Before I Failed

Start your review of Before I Failed
Melissa Wu
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The kind of book that make you think. Do what you want, don't do something just because others doing it. ...more
Mark Ginley
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a great read and makes you stop and think about life and what you are looking for in life.
Readwithethel
Oct 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Easy read that will remind you of what's essential in life

Key words: self-help, inspiring, success, failure, fiction

What an ending, not really happy with it but I understand it. I liked it a little bit less than the first book because while the first one was a story about succeeding, this one is a story about how Tom failed at life and what we should learn from his mistakes. It is very interesting and so easy to read. I read it in one-sitting. The lesson to take from this book is: Do things beca
One Man Book Club
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some make steps, while some take the leap. Massive steps will result to massive success. However, someone must be mindful that this could also lead to total failure.

Indeed, one of the hardest feelings in this world is to see your dreams built by your efforts come to naught. This is one of the takeaways I got from reading the book.

The story also slapped me with ideas on “road to success” and my cup of tea of living life while appreciating the things that matter more.

This is another haunting sto
Esi_70
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book quite a few months ago, I think I left it more half way because I was busy.

I found it very well written, Veres' writing is very articulate, confident and easy to follow, good quality. The subject of the book is quite interesting and has kept me very curious (I still want to know the whole story). I related to the theme to a certain extend, wanting to live a life of my choice, however, I'm not into designer brands, big money and parties and that stopped me to continue as well as
Jose
Mar 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Definitely better than the first book, the story was told in a very engaging way.
Both books have a lot of meaning and give advise on how to approach life.

Really enjoyed the book.
Rachel Rein
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sad but a good reminder of how „blind“ people can be.
Kenny Cannon
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read and great follow up to Before I Won!

Both books are great for people looking to succeed in life. Very inspiring stories! Excellent read and would certainly recommend.
Booksandcoffeepleasemx
“Everything happened so fast. I had such a perfect life. Everything was perfect. I had everything.”
Tom had succeeded in life, he had built his own bussiness, had a good house, his own car, had enough money in the bank, a fiancé, no more hungry days or poverty, everything that he ever dream of, but he felt that something was missing in his life?i
In Before I failed we continue with Tom’s life story and how while trying to live someone else’s life he lost his true self.
It was a short and easy to r
Sionna Trenz
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book makes the reader think. But not just that, it forces an analytical look at their own lives as the main character goes through the trials and tribulations of childhood poverty. He makes mistakes, at times costly ones. But he learns to accept responsibility for his actions, he grows even more from his failures than his successes. E should all aspire to such strength and courage.
Tabitha Womack
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This one was raw

He has an interesting story and writing style. The story was gritty and raw. I think it has a lot of potential to metamorphosize into a wicked interview. Or perhaps a, every scenario has two outcomes kind of tale. I liked it. It was the good the bad and the ugly. Pretty interesting.
Sheena Fleming
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fantasy epic. Entertaining and unique in it's style a master of storytelling ...more
Sonia Discher
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very easy to read. Makes one think about what is important in life. Was not expecting the ending. Glad I read it. Would definitely recommend to others.
Rafael Santiago
Sep 05, 2020 rated it liked it
It was ok. I think the author should specify if itd non fiction or fiction. I believe is a fiction but I'm not sure. The ending is strange. Leaves it open to more but it just ends. ...more
Carol
Bohuš Bohunický
Feb 21, 2020

• Drunkface: 5 Psychological Thriller Short Stories
  • The Green Signal: Poems of Virtue, Positivity & Emotions
  • The Sanctuary (The New Beginning's Book 1)
  • Almighty: Allmachtig
  • Challenge of the Gods
  • Lads Reunited: A funny, hilarious laugh out loud page turner
  • Hayden and the coded coat: Darkness Descends
  • Her Story: A Womanist Perspective on Mary (in her own words)
  • Rogue Flag
  • The Sensorians: Awakening
  • Homo tempus: What's left of the future?
  • Be a Superhero in the Kitchen: a children's cookbook (Family Choice and Mom's Choice Award Winner)
  • Devil's Teufel
  • COBRA Files book one (Spirit of the Ancients)
  • BENEATH A BLANKET OF SNOW
  • Ella (The Land of the Four #1)
  • Aurora and God
  • The Book, the Wand, the Magic
Tomas Veres is an European novelist, poet, who is primarily known for his memoirs, in which deep characters and a wide range of emotions are beautifully and painfully depicted.

www.tomasveres.com

Before I (2 books)
  • Before I Won

News & Interviews

“In nature, when heaven cries, plants grow. Usually when people cry, they lose something.” 2 likes