Jump to ratings and reviews

Before I #2

Before I Failed

5 years ago, young and ambitious Tom Seed was living the best years of his life on the street, homeless.

In dirt. In pain. In hunger. Depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts in his mind. Without money. Without friends. Without meaning.

Now he’s a respected artist earning lost of money, enabling him to live a wealthy life. Fast cars. Shiny objects. Exotic destinations. Attractive faces.

The days are extraordinary. The lost, lonely boy in a big city found his mission. But Tom’s life is not authentic. Spending time with people of a different type changed his path.

Will his lifestyle be the biggest barrier on the adventure back to true happiness?

103 pages, Kindle Edition

Published January 1, 2020

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Tomas Veres

5 books184 followers
Tomas Veres is an European novelist, poet, who is primarily known for his memoirs, in which deep characters and a wide range of emotions are beautifully and painfully depicted.

www.tomasveres.com

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
0 (0%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 14 of 14 reviews
Profile Image for Melissa Wu.
17 reviews
September 9, 2019
The kind of book that make you think. Do what you want, don't do something just because others doing it.
Profile Image for Mark Ginley.
12 reviews1 follower
April 10, 2019
It is a great read and makes you stop and think about life and what you are looking for in life.
Profile Image for One Man Book Club.
3 reviews1 follower
September 23, 2019
Some make steps, while some take the leap. Massive steps will result to massive success. However, someone must be mindful that this could also lead to total failure.

Indeed, one of the hardest feelings in this world is to see your dreams built by your efforts come to naught. This is one of the takeaways I got from reading the book.

The story also slapped me with ideas on “road to success” and my cup of tea of living life while appreciating the things that matter more.

This is another haunting story by Tomas Veres that made me crave for more!
Profile Image for Esi_70.
36 reviews
January 4, 2020
I read this book quite a few months ago, I think I left it more half way because I was busy.

I found it very well written, Veres' writing is very articulate, confident and easy to follow, good quality. The subject of the book is quite interesting and has kept me very curious (I still want to know the whole story). I related to the theme to a certain extend, wanting to live a life of my choice, however, I'm not into designer brands, big money and parties and that stopped me to continue as well as being busy.
Profile Image for Jose.
10 reviews
March 15, 2020
Definitely better than the first book, the story was told in a very engaging way.
Both books have a lot of meaning and give advise on how to approach life.

Really enjoyed the book.
Profile Image for Kenny Cannon.
8 reviews1 follower
January 22, 2020
Excellent read and great follow up to Before I Won!

Both books are great for people looking to succeed in life. Very inspiring stories! Excellent read and would certainly recommend.
Profile Image for Areadinghuman.
723 reviews12 followers
October 2, 2020
Easy read that will remind you of what's essential in life

Key words: self-help, inspiring, success, failure, fiction

What an ending, not really happy with it but I understand it. I liked it a little bit less than the first book because while the first one was a story about succeeding, this one is a story about how Tom failed at life and what we should learn from his mistakes. It is very interesting and so easy to read. I read it in one-sitting. The lesson to take from this book is: Do things because you want to do them, not because others do and be careful not to care only about materials things. I think we can all understand why Tom got all of those materials things and wasn’t satisfy with an ordinary life anymore, I mean I know I would fall in the trap. The most essential is to realise that materials things are not everything and that money can help, but doesn’t bring happiness.
I highly recommend it to everyone, children as well as adults because it carries such an important message for people of all age to read.

4/5

Thank you to the author for agreeing to send me a copy. I loved it
Profile Image for Booksandcoffeemx.
1,433 reviews65 followers
August 29, 2019
“Everything happened so fast. I had such a perfect life. Everything was perfect. I had everything.”
Tom had succeeded in life, he had built his own bussiness, had a good house, his own car, had enough money in the bank, a fiancé, no more hungry days or poverty, everything that he ever dream of, but he felt that something was missing in his life?i
In Before I failed we continue with Tom’s life story and how while trying to live someone else’s life he lost his true self.
It was a short and easy to read story with powerful life lessons, about how easy is to questions our beliefs and the way we look at the world when we get forced to by outside circumstances.
Thank you Tomas Veres for sending me a copy of your book in exchange for an honest review.
“Don’t be me, be you. Don’t be fake, be original.”
“ At work I found my happiness, but thanks to my work I had lost it all.”
“I had lost the most important things that gave sense to my life. I could go on living further, but I did not have anyone to live for.”
Profile Image for Sionna Trenz.
Author 10 books76 followers
October 13, 2020
This book makes the reader think. But not just that, it forces an analytical look at their own lives as the main character goes through the trials and tribulations of childhood poverty. He makes mistakes, at times costly ones. But he learns to accept responsibility for his actions, he grows even more from his failures than his successes. E should all aspire to such strength and courage.
Profile Image for Tabitha Womack.
Author 14 books71 followers
November 11, 2020
This one was raw

He has an interesting story and writing style. The story was gritty and raw. I think it has a lot of potential to metamorphosize into a wicked interview. Or perhaps a, every scenario has two outcomes kind of tale. I liked it. It was the good the bad and the ugly. Pretty interesting.
57 reviews
September 5, 2020
It was ok. I think the author should specify if itd non fiction or fiction. I believe is a fiction but I'm not sure. The ending is strange. Leaves it open to more but it just ends.
Profile Image for Sonia Discher.
Author 1 book41 followers
October 3, 2020
Very easy to read. Makes one think about what is important in life. Was not expecting the ending. Glad I read it. Would definitely recommend to others.
Displaying 1 - 14 of 14 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.