Start by marking “Hellion (The Hellbound Brotherhood #1)” as Want to Read:
Hellion (The Hellbound Brotherhood #1)

Hellion

(The Hellbound Brotherhood #1)

Find out why New York Times bestseller Maya Banks hails McKenna’s books as “A nonstop thrill ride…”

He’s a ticking bomb…

Eric Trask is counting the days before he blasts out of Shaw’s Crossing forever. He and his brothers were raised at GodsAcre, a mysterious doomsday cult deep in the mountains, and are the only survivors of the deadly fire that destroyed it. The
Published February 7th 2020 by Shannon McKenna

To ask other readers questions about Hellion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hellion

Start your review of Hellion (The Hellbound Brotherhood #1)
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
This novella is the beginning of Eric and Demi's story - kind of like an extended epilogue - and continues in the next book Headlong, after 7 years apart.

Demi is the daughter and granddaughter of the two most powerful men in their small town. Against her parents – her dad especially – warnings, Demi starts to spend time with one of the infamous Trask boys. Eric and the crazy feelings he brings out in her, hit Demi like a freight train. Sudden and all consuming.

But family drama, blackmail and
Dawn
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A sizzling, emotional, edge of your seat thrill ride all that way, from beginning to end.

The first book in a new trilogy for Shannon McKenna and it's a beautiful work of fiction. She puts you right in the book, so much so you feel like you're intruding at first, it's like you're there and you see the scene so perfectly and you know something is coming but not what or who it will be.

Eric has had a horrendous past and the residents of Shawn's Crossing have very long memories. With them
Ga Books LoverX
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have not read Shannon McKenna in a while, but the McCloud Brothers books were some of my all time favorite ones to read and it was so refreshing to be submerged back in McKenna-land!

Hellion drops you right into the middle of things and has such a powerful blend of suspense and attraction that you want from your Romantic books. I hated reading that last sentence, but am so freaking happy that the next book is coming out soon, so I do not have to wait too long to be able to read it. 4.5 stars
Lucy
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shannon McKenna is introducing a new series that will keep the readers on the edge of their seat.

Having received an ARC in exchange for my honest opinion here goes. I’m in love with Eric Trask, the bad boy of Shaw’s Crossing. The only problem is he is not what the town thinks. Eric dreams of leaving and starting a business of his own. But his life took a turn because of his attraction to Demi Vaughan.
Demi’s father wasn’t happy with her choice of career, being a chef, or her boyfriend, Eric,
Brenda Moser
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great start to a new series! The author brings strong,well developed characters and weaves a thrilling story filled with intrigue,drama,angst and tons of emotions. It's an insta love story brought to life with perfectly painted scenes and had me hooked from start to finish reading. I loved the story line and am anxiously looking forward to the next book. It moves quickly and smoothly and left me wanting more with the cliffhanger ending. Well done!

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book. All
Jennifer Wilson
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really loved the characters and plot of this story. I loved Eric so much. He was so sweet and is just looking for someone to love. Demi is trying to get out from under her family’s thumb and Eric is just the ticket to help her. She ends up really falling for him, as he does with her. But there is his past that always rears its ugly head. Cannot wait to read what happens next, as you are left wondering.
Jacquie
Feb 13, 2020 rated it liked it
I’ve read, and loved, many of Shannon McKenna’s books, but this fell flat for me. I bought it expecting the action/suspense with steamy relationships that I expect in her books, but instead found this to be little more than erotica.

I couldn’t get past the pages and pages of sex from a couple who barely knew each other.

A disappointing read.
Donna Repsher
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Getting in on the first book of a new trilogy by the incredibly talented Shannon McKenna is akin to winning the lottery, and although I'm not a fan of new adult romances or insta-love, this novel grabbed me from the very first page and didn't let go. It's filled with angst, rebellion, lust, the injustices and prejudice inherent in small towns and small-minded people, and, despite the fact that it ends in a cliffhanger (yes, I know, I hate them too), I simply couldn't put this novel down. ...more
Louise Denton
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I’ve been hooked on Shannon Mckenna’s books for years, I loved the McCloud crowd, was intrigued with the Obsidian Files, and once again, I’ve been ensnared, this time by her new Hellbound series.
Meet the Trask Brothers, Eric; Anton; and Mace – raised in an isolated Doomsday cult, they’re ostracised by the town they escaped to as teenagers. Now adults, they’re trying to get on with life, but it seems the ghosts of the cult aren’t done with them yet.
Hellion is the first in the series, and it’s
Christine Heron
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love Shannon McKenna books, so far the McCloud brothers series is my absolute favorite. I even reread quite a lot of them. Hellion is the first book of her new series "The Hellbound Brohterhood". It's about Eric (Paley) Trask, one of three brothers raised in a survivalist cult called Godsacre. Eric is fascinated by Demi, only daughter of a very rich and powerful family. And Demi is attracted to Eric. But noone seems to think that the two of them together is a good idea. The whole town looks at ...more
49 Geese
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Eric Trask and his brothers were born and raised in a cult on the outskirts of Shaw’s Crossing. When the crazed leader burned the compound and killed his followers, Eric and his brothers escaped. WIth no one to raise these young boys, the widowed town sheriff, Otis, took them in. The town residents thought he was crazy for doing it. They felt the boys were dangerous because of where they came from.

Demi Vaughan worked in a small cafe in Shaw’s Crossing trying to save enough money to go to
kgagnon
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Scorching Suspenseful Stars!
Hellion is the thrilling and sexy first book in Ms. McKenna's exciting new series, The Hellbound Brotherhood. Eric Trask and his brothers were raised in a cult by a madman. They were trained as survivalists but escaped before sudden destruction destroyed it all. They were taken in as teens by the town sheriff, Otis. He gave them a good home with stability, when the rest of the town feared and hated them. They are hardworking, good men who want to prove everyone
MARIA FATA
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shannon McKenna does it again! In Hellion, the first installment of a new series called The Hellbound Brotherhood, she instantly draws the reader into this story set in an otherwise idyllic town with a deep seeded secret, by bringing together two sexy, confident people from opposite sides of the track. In a Shakespearean-style romantic tale of forbidden love, she weaves suspense and mystery into an erotic, supercharged mating dance between Eric and Demi. This alpha male is the perfect ...more
Jacqueline Spence
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hellion is a delicious appetizer whetting one’s palate for the next story in the series.
Starcrossed lovers? Yes! But unlike Romeo and Juliet, these two do not come from the same position in society.
He is from a doomsday cult-escaped- but none the less carries the stigma of association with crazy culture.
She is from a wealthy family, sweet and supportive... hmmm, not exactly that either. From a vaguely corrupt rich family with many buried secrets.
Shannon McKenna has questions to answer in the
Chelsea Organ
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Exciting first book in a duet series. Enter a town full of secrets and conspiracies...
Eric Trask and his teenage brothers were the sole survivors of a mountain cult above a small town. Now twenty-four, Eric is trying to build a life for himself outside of all the stigma of his past. Working around the clock at three jobs, he’s all work and no play...until he sets his sights on Demi—the town’a favourite daughter.

Demi is twenty-two and bucking at the control of her wealthy, over-bearing parents.
dintyrk
February 21 can’t come soon enough!!!! This is a nice intro book. Just full of promises of what will come in the next installments that is Shannon McKenna signature - superb writing, explosive hot scenes, suspenseful plot, off-the-charts chemistry between the main characters, and a little family drama. Downside of reading this is I wanted more and have to wait 2 weeks to read the next book! Ugh.

Tip: If you like romantic suspense, go grab this one. If you don’t like cliffhangers, go grab this
Deedee Ogilvie-fye
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shannon McKenna has knocked one out of the park yet again. I have read every book Ms. McKenna has ever written, and Hellion certainly does not disappoint. Hellion is a blast of action intrigue and sexual tension. The words literally burned off the pages.! I can guarantee that it will keep you in suspense until the very end, and still wanting more.!! Ms. McKenna's character's are so real that you feel like you are right there with them. No one I have read writes like she does. I loved Demi and ...more
Desiree Alotaibi
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Marlene Brown
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There is a lot to unpack in this story. Cults, small towns, prejudice, judgements, rebellion, love and family. Eric and his brothers have a lot of baggage, raised on the outskirts of town, they don't quite fit in. Demi, was born and raised in the town and is from one of the most prominent families in town. So you just know how this will go down.....and maybe not! This is a page turner and you won't want it to end!
BooksRLife247
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is such an amazing story! loved that each of these characters brought out the good qualities in one another and that they complimented each other so well. As I was delving deeper in the story I found I was excited about the secondary characters and look forward to reading their stories as well and to me a great writer always keeps you wanting more and this is one of those stories that did it for me!

Barbara
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book one in The Hellbound Brotherhood series, by an Author I have not read before. A well written story with a very good storyline the story flowed smoothly across the page. What really happened that night seven years ago? I want to read the next book. This story had me so immersed that I did not realize I was getting to the end. What a great beginning to this series. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Hsu Lee
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily offered to review this book with no obligations and my opinions are honest!
This was a great book !
Demi has her life all planned out.
Eric Trask is not on her life plan list.
One look at Demi, and Eric was lost.
Just read the book and watch the fireworks between these 2 !
Loved the characters + the storytelling !
It has all the ingredients that you need for a great book!
I can't wait for the next book in this series.
Vel Grundy
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just read the first installment of Hellion, by my favorite Romance author, Shannon Mckenna.
As with all of her books I've fallen in love with the characters. Hellion is a passionate thrill ride. Eric and Demi have a chemistry that leaves you breathless. Being from different sides of the track cannot deter their passion and live for one another
They have a passion and love for one another that burns each page of Hellion.
I can't wait for the continuation of their story.
Daniella Marchand
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Eric is a survivor of GodsAcre a sect. Ppl of Shaw's Crossing call him and his brothers Ticking time boms, devils spawn, bad news. Then he starts a relationship with Demi, granddaughter of Shaw. Her father will do anything to destroy Eric's life.

Betrayal, love, secrets.....

Zeek
Feb 18, 2020 rated it did not like it
I'm so angry right now

This isn't a full story. The next part comes out in a couple weeks.

I feel like I was mislead because I didn't read the fine print. She was just always autobuy for me

Well never again.
Kathy Mccalmon
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the 1st book in this series and it does end on a cliffhanger. The characters have an intense chemistry and the storyline will keep you on the edge of your seat.

Debby
Shelves: own
Eric and Demi, such a hot couple. This story grabs ahold and sucks you in - I finished it in two sittings, and can't wait for the story to continue with Headlong. Oh, the torture waiting! Such well-rounded characters, and a storyline that is rich with detail. Shannon McKenna at her best!!
Pat
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The plot was great and the strongly created characters kept me turning the pages until the very end! I was so engrossed in this story that I read this book in one sitting!
Linda
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The first of 2...i loved Hellion and can't wait for it's conclusion ....Shannon McKenna writes tough alpha males and tougher female ones! the chemistry is off the charts ....another great read
Lesliann Raper
Feb 13, 2020

• Misadventures in the Cage (Misadventures, #27)
  • Going Down Again (Billionaire Bad Boys, #4.5)
  • Hers to Tame
  • Vendetta Road (Torpedo Ink #3)
  • Off Limits (Kings of Mayhem MC, #5)
  • Hero's Haven (Dark Protectors #11)
  • Golden in Death (In Death, #50)
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • Cross Her Heart (Bree Taggert #1)
  • Been There, Married That: A Novel
  • Midnight Soul (Fantasyland, #5)
  • Rescuing Autumn: An FBI Romance
  • P.S. It's Always Been You: Part 1
  • Cowboy's Vow to Protect
  • Winter Hawk (Evidence, #9)
  • Cannabis Pharmacy: The Practical Guide to Medical Marijuana
  • Something in the Air (Running on Air, #2)
Also wrote five category romances under the penname Shannon Anderson

::From The Author's Website::

HOW IT ALL BEGAN

I started writing my first romance novel in secret. I was working a temp job in an insurance office in Manhattan at the time, and the office manager had made it clear that even if there was nothing to do, I still had to look busy-- never one of my big talents. I felt bad about the