Start by marking “Intercepted Hearts (Playing for Keeps #1)” as Want to Read:
Intercepted Hearts (Playing for Keeps #1)

Intercepted Hearts

(Playing for Keeps #1)

The NFL’s hottest quarterback sets his sights on me, he’s the one guy I can’t have.

Hudson Baldwin is a player—in every sense of the term.
The god of the gridiron has no lack of women throwing themselves at him.
Football players have always been on my no-go list.
Just because I have to cheer for him doesn’t mean I want anything to do with his advances.
Yet, here he
Published January 24th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Intercepted Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Intercepted Hearts

Start your review of Intercepted Hearts (Playing for Keeps #1)
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
Intercepted Hearts by Mika Jolie was a short, sweet and spicy read. For a short story, it sure packed a lot of punch. It is a story of lost dreams and hope for a better future. It also highlighted the love of family.

This book gave me all the feels. Filled with pain, joy, and love, the story pulled me and I had no choice but to empathize with the characters. I wanted what was best for them and I hoped they could move past their fears and seize their chance at happiness.

I admired Natalie. She was
Carvanz
Holy heck, this was AMAZING!!! For a novella, this one packed it in and left me more than satisfied.

”To be in love is to feel all your fears twice and still choose to love.”

Image result for football aesthetic

Hudson and Natalie - two people with conflicting emotions. Hudson lives for football. He’s the golden boy, the King of New York. Natalie despises the game and all that it has cost her. When these two meet and realize that what they’re experiencing is special, they each have to come to terms with how the other one feels,
Leisa Ann
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this quick read! For a short book I felt like the characters and the story were well developed. Love a good football story and this one was just what I was looking for!
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
4.5

A quick romantic read that you never want to end! From their first glance to the last touch the heat between Hudson and Natalie is undeniable and even as they try to fight it fate keeps putting them in each other’s paths! Hudson just wants a chance Natalie is caving to her fear but when love is on the line they’ll both be powerless to stop it!

I loved how strong and sure Hudson is and his family is seriously amazing! I can’t wait to see what’s in store with this series and I hope to learn
Victoria Weston
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book I've read by this author and I absolutely loved it.
I've never read a sports romance before and I must say I absolutely loved it. This is a quick read and I couldn't put it down.

Hudson Baldwin is a professional Starting quarterback for the New York Kings. He has football in his blood but sometimes feels like he's in his dad's shadow, he also has an identical twin brother River.

Natalie has alot going on and is under some pressure, she has a sister Avery and her dad who she
Anne OK
Sports-related romance is my go-to when I’m in a funk and need a quick, fun-to-read book for a break from the heavier stuff.

Hudson Baldwin, NFL quarterback meets Natalie Harris, cheerleader, and the sparks fly. It’s insta-love with plenty of angst and lots of steam. He’s sitting on top of the world and her world is spinning out of control. She’s struggling (but not very hard) against falling for the gorgeous QB for up-close and personal reasons.

Had plenty of potential, but fumbled the ball and
Paulette
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book will definitely intercept your heart. It’s not just your typical sports romance story. There’s so much more going on in this book. It’s a story of dreams being denied, dreams being granted and poses questions to you such as are your dreams worth of the risk or should you roll the dice and let them play where they lay?

The author put a nice spin in the story where it was so well balanced. It wasn’t just one person who was questioning their decisions. I don’t do spoilers. I don’t feel it’
Kylee
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Intercepted Hearts is a fast paced sports romance that has depth, passion and an extreme amount of chemistry. Hudson is the Quarterback with the world at his feet and Natalie is the cheerleader who has deep seated reasons to stay away from a football player. However sometimes the heart wants what it wants and just when we think we outsmarted it, the need to make it beat comes running your way wanting nothing less than scoring the winning points to your heart. Their story although quick lacks ...more
Stephanie Rose
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love at first sight done so very right...
Hudson and Natalie sizzle from the second they're on the page together and I fell just as fast and hard for both of them. Mika Jolie crafted a beautiful story of love and another side of football that was poignant and timely. I cannot wait for the rest of this series!
Ola Adamska
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2020
This is A nice, easy and short story touching an important subject (it was not mentioned in the blurb so I won't reveal it).
Hudson is a top player and has a chance of his life ahead. He had tons of one night stands and he is done with those.
Nathalie, a sweet girl with her life full of things that she can't find a place for love, especially for an athlete that is a PRO.
Hudson felt that she can be the one for him but will he manage to convince her? Or will she stand her ground of not dating a
Rina's Reads
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
"I love the way her small body melts into mine. The way our lips fit like two puzzle pieces. A kiss like this is a beginning, a promise of much more to come."

This is just a taste of the goodness in this book.
It was short, easy to read with a healthy dose of drama and steam. My only complaint is: I wish it was longer! I was really enjoying it- I want more
I am looking forward to River's book, that's for sure!
Lene Norway
Shelves: reviews
Author Mika Jolie has a knack for writing captivating and sweet romances, and this book is no different. It is a heartwarming, steamy and humorous read all in one.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Readers Copy of this book.
Mrs K
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Basic overview: Natalie must decide if she wants to enter a relationship with Hudson, who plays the sport which led to her Fathers’ health condition.
The story is a quick read with a hea. This truly is a great little read based on a moral dilemma.
Thuy Taylor
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hudson is on a high with his football career but something is missing. Natalie was a dancer back in the day, she is also a sub cheerleader, and is scheduled to work while another is out. Hudson sees Natalie, and he's totally hooked. But there is sort of a rule, no fraternizing with the football players, vice versa. But, Hudson is really not going to let that get in his way, since he thinks Natalie is his forever.

Natalie has been having a hard time with her fathers health, she is attracted to
Maxine Hibbert
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mika Jolie didn’t disappoint with this novella. This book may have been a quick read, but it had all the ingredients of a well developed complete novel.

One of the things I love about this author is that she gives you well rounded, thought out characters that you can not only relate to but feel their emissions and fall in love with them so that you are rooting for them. She engages you so youfeel invested in their outcome.

Natalie didn’t like football brpecause she was living with one of the
Menotah B (Canadian Girl Book Blog)
Intercepted Hearts is a quick read about hopes and dreams that have been put aside, reborn and conquered and also about family. The novel is told in the alternating first-person point of view of Hudson and Natalie. I was grateful to receive an arc of this novel in exchange for my honest review of the book.

Hudson is the starting quarterback for the New York Kings and has just punched his ticket to the Super Bowl. With confidence and determination, he is focused on trying to win the big game. That
K.  Ramjohn
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Intercepted Hearts was a sweet touching love story. This sports romance was a short, easy read you will enjoy, but one that also touches on an important issue. The story was engaging and will touch your heart at times. You will like both these characters and be rooting for them from the start. I loved Natalie and Hudson's banter and chemistry and I loved that dedication to their family. There were some interesting secondary characters in this story and I can't wait to see if they get their own ...more
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
After seeing the effects football can have on a man's life, Natalie Harris decided a long time ago that dating a man that played the game would never be an option for her... she swore that that they were off limits!

But then Hudson Baldwin comes crashing into her carefully planned world and turns it upside down... she doesn't have room in her life for love or dating, but Hudson is determined to convince her otherwise.

The moment I started this one I knew it was going to leave a mark, it's words
Kari Hansen
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hudson is part of a family who have created quite the legacy in football. He has followed the family tradition and is a successful quarterback who is headed for the biggest game of his life.

For Natalie family always comes first even to the detriment of herself. She is not about to be distracted by any man but especially an athlete who plays the sport she hates.

For a novella this story packs quite the emotional punch. There is no denying the chemistry and connection between them but first she
Bree202
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Karen
Jan 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Not a bad book but a bit unrealistic But so so sweet. You'll love Hudson and feel Natalie's life struggles. She's a great gal and they're going to make sweet babies. Lol
Donna
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoy reading sports romance so was happy to do an ARC for this book.
This is a story about Hudson Baldwin who is a pro football Quarterback for the New York Kings and Natalie Harris, an alternate cheerleader for their squad. There is so much chemistry between them however, Natalie won't date a football player due to family reasons. Natalie has so much on her plate that she has put her dreams on hold and that also includes dating.
Even though Hudson is preparing for the Super Bowl he is drawn
Jill Urbanek Gauger
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hudson Baldwin is the Quaterback for the New York Kings. He is taking them to the Super Bowl. Natalie is a dancer/bartender called in as alternate on the Kings cheer squad.
The heat between them is intense from first sight but there’s a complication. Natalie’s father is a ex football player who after one to many concussions is suffering from a form of dementia so Natalie has a rule that she never dates a football player.
This book is adventurous, sad and romantic. Is love greater than fear.
I
V Meade
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Natalie and Hudson wouldn’t appear to be a good match. He’s from a wealthy family and is the quarterback for a NFL team. Natalie lives in a tiny two bedroom apartment with her father and sister and they struggle to make ends meet. When Hudson and Natalie meet it’s insta lust, but can the flame of lust survive Natalie’s resistance to dating a football player? Once I started Intercepted Hearts I couldn’t put it down. The story flows and you can feel Natalie and Hudson’s pain and connection.

Ms.
Kayleigh Woods
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing! The chemistry between Hudson Baldwin, star quarterback for the New York Kings, and Natalie Harris, alternate cheerleader for the squad, is palpable from their first interaction. But there's just one problem...

Natalie doesn't date football players.

Not after what happened to her father.

Plus, Hudson and the team are preparing for the Super Bowl in a week. They certainly can't become distracted with each other. Not when they both have jobs they need to do?

How long will she deny
Angie
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced, super addictive, sweet and sexy read.
I love sports romance novels. Football isn't typically one I usually read, but the blurb on this one had me going for it. I was sooo glad I did.
The storyline and characters are fantastic. It's well written and such a blast to read.
Natalie has alot on her plate. She's taking care of her family while trying to achieve her dreams. Which have been on the back burner for some time. When she meets Hudson, things start to change. Not for what she
JudyAnnLovesBooks
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
“Intercepted Hearts” was my first read by Mika Jolie. As a huge fan of sports romance books, I jumped at the chance to read an ARC of this football romance. Hudson is young, talented and motivated. At 23 he is on the cusp of winning his first Super Bowl as the star quarterback. Although young, he is not reckless, his hardworking demeanor has made him the golden boy both on and off the field. Natalie is a beautifully damaged young woman, forced to take care of her sick father and younger sister ...more
Joyce
I love love!
If you love insta-love like I do, check out this book! Instant fireworks light up the sky when a hotshot NFL quarterback first lays eyes on the beautiful new cheerleader! Oh, but don’t discount this trope, there’s so much more here to love!
Jenn the Readaholic
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a quick, easy read and my first foray into the mind of this author. Natalie has a lot on her plate and zero time for a relationship. Especially a relationship with a pro-athlete. Hudson is at the top of his game, yet feels a tad restless and bored with the easy hookups he’s had...so much so that he hasn’t bothered with any in months. Then he meets Natalie, and he knows that she could be the one for him. Of course, he has to convince Natalie to give him a second of her time, much less ...more
Kelly Williams
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. What a great quick read in one of my favorite genres- sports romance. Hudson and Natalie story is quick but don’t let that fool you it is a great read!! Loved this one!!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Romance Retreat: Looking for a sexy football romance? 1 15 Jan 24, 2020 04:07AM
Romance Retreat: Football Romance 1 11 Jan 06, 2020 04:00AM

• Her Russian Defender (International Legacies Romance #5)
  • The Bedroom Experiment (Hot Jocks #5.5)
  • Mantrum
  • Rebel Soul
  • Treyton (Savage Beasts #2)
  • Crossing the Line (Hot Jocks, #4)
  • Teacher I Want to Date
  • Must Love Forever (A 425 Madison Novel, #11)
  • Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)
  • Hopeless Romantic (McCabe Brothers, #1)
  • One Blissful Night (West Sisters #3)
  • Just Friends (Blue Beech, #6)
  • Breaking Defenses
  • Protecting What's Mine
  • Aaron's Heart (Lake Hope #2)
  • Alexei (Chicago Blaze, #5)
  • Between Now and Always (Forever Trilogy, #3)
  • Logan (Carolina Reapers, #4)
Mika Jolie is the bestselling author of the Martha’s Way series. She lives in New Jersey with her Happy Chaos—her husband and their energizer bunnies. A sports fanatic and a wine aficionado, she’s determined to balance it all and still write about life experiences and matters of the heart. Let’s face it, people are complicated and love can be messy. When she’s not weaving life and romance into ...more

Playing for Keeps (2 books)
  • Defenseless Hearts (Playing for Keeps #2)