Start by marking “The Disharmony of Silence” as Want to Read:

The Disharmony of Silence

In 1915, jealous, bitter Rebecca Roth cuts all ties with her life-long friends, the Pearls. Eight years later, Rebeccas son and young Lena Pearl begin keeping company in secret. Rebecca agrees to a truce when the couple marries. But the truce is fragile. Rebeccas resentments run deep.

In 2010, Carolyn Lee, fitness instructor and amateur photographer, must come to grips with
Kindle Edition
Published March 5th 2020 by Black Rose Writing

To ask other readers questions about The Disharmony of Silence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Disharmony of Silence

Start your review of The Disharmony of Silence
Judi Easley
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: WWII story fans, family story lovers
Recommended to Judi by: publisher's rep
First thoughts: Amazing! This hits every point on the scale of emotions and you experience them all along with these two families and this woman. No one can love you quite like family. No one can hurt you quite like family. Highly recommended. Release date: Thursday, March 5th.

Linda Rosen
Black Rose Writing, Mar 5, 2020
296 pages
Cultural Family Story, Jewish, Genealogy
Provided by publisher via NetGalley
⭐⭐⭐⭐ 🌙

The cover doesnt really look like much initially. The bow doesnt
Linda Mcleod
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had the privilege of reading an Advanced Copy of The Disharmony of Silence by Linda Rosen.
Author, Linda Rosen takes us on a delightful journey through the past and present weaving together a story filled with vivid descriptions and characters that you will easily identify with and stay with you even when youre not reading the book. The book is both a womans fiction novel and historical fiction as the author intertwines Jewish culture and traditions into the storyline. From coast to coast,
Justine Manzano
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ive been trying to expand my horizons in 2020, and have decided to read more books outside of my normal genre as well as more industry and craft books. Towards that end, my first full book of 2020 is a womans fiction novel with a historical slant. I received an ARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. As usual, I will be reviewing this book from a writers perspective as well as a readers perspective.

The Disharmony of Silence is by Linda Rosen and will be released on
Anthony
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Review

A truly emotional and heartfelt story, author Linda Rosen does an amazing job of delving into the theme of family, how we define it and how family secrets can change the dynamic of future generations as a whole. Two families who once considered themselves one take diverging paths, and leave future generations in the dark, waiting to discover the truth of the bonds they never knew existed.

Switching back and forth between the past and present is an honest and emotional journey the
Suanne
The Disharmony of Silence by Linda Rosen shows how secrets affect families through future generations. Rosen explores what it means to be family. She tells the dual story of Lena and Carolyn by alternating time lines separated by eighty-plus years. The Roth and Pearl families immigrated to New York from the same town in Russia. An argument between the fathers, the contents of which are unknown, drives a wedge between the close families. Later, a granddaughter begins genealogical research and ...more
Kathy
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very interesting, moving story. It dragged a little, in places, but overall it was a solid read. The characters were wonderful and while they could be a little difficult, at times, you really felt for them. The secrets of the generations was interesting as I've uncovered a few of those over the years. Some scandalous, some just entertaining. Overall, I would recommend this book to any one who enjoys women fiction or historical fiction.
I received a free copy of this book from Netgalley
Cristie Underwood
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
I loved this book, as it focused on relationships and had two different timelines. The author captured the resentments and regrets of the characters realistically. The underlying theme is that family can hurt you in ways that no one else can. Secrets always come out and the author did a brilliant job of writing about the consequences of this.
Pamela
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*I received an early copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

The Disharmony of Silence by Linda Rosen tells a story of how secrets affect families, even impacting future generations within those families. This novel propulsively moves the reader back and forth in time, creating suspense and momentum, with intricate physical and emotional detail. The author, Linda Rosen, takes what could have been a complicated plot and breaks it down in such a way that the whole riveting thing makes
Isabelle | Nine Tale Vixen
Feb 02, 2020 marked it as did-not-finish
I received an advance review copy from Black Rose Writing through Netgalley; all opinions are my own and honest.

DNF @ 6%

The writing style and I just aren't getting along the paragraphs are so long that my eyes keep glazing over, I feel like the narrator is jumping to (illogical) conclusions constantly, and every other sentence seems to be backstory. Of course it's possible that this all gets better as the book continues, but I'm just not invested enough in the characters to find out.
Bev
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(Please note: I received a free copy in exchange for my honest review.)

My Review:

Linda Rosen has written a fascinating dual historic novel, that draws the reader into the mystery of where the cameo broach that belonged to present day Carolyns mother, came from. After the death of her mother, Carolyn feels so alone and so she sets out on a search for answers and possibly family. She seeks connections and Rosen has us wondering by the end of the novel just what constitutes family?

I was caught up
Louise Emerson
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In 1915 Jack and Lena begin their relationship in secret, due to a family fall out. Eventually the couple become clean and when Jack and Lena marry. A true is called.

Meanwhile in the present. Carolyn mother is poorly. As she begins to sort her mother's belonging out. She stumbled across some questions about her family history. A secret... She cannot ask her mother so it's time for Carolyn to do some detective and find the truth.

This book is brilliant. The chapters change from past to present.
Stephanie
The Disharmony of Silence, by Linda Rosen
My thanks to #NetGalley for this ebook in exchange for an honest review. Not my favorite kind of story; I was troubled some of the storyline as it hit too close to home at some points. The writing style was a little long-winded which tended to drag sometimes, but it was enjoyable just the same.
Judith
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found the characters very compelling. Every family can relate to keeping secrets or saying too much and hurting a friend or relative. This story has the heroine coming to grips with what she longs for without divulge a hurtful secret. Very good read. Loved all of the characters and the storyline.
Mary Brothers

• These Lost & Broken Things
  • Iceman, Vol. 1: Thawing Out
  • The Royal Secret
  • Phoenix Resurrection: The Return of Jean Grey
  • The Secret of the Indian (The Indian in the Cupboard, #3)
  • The Return of the Indian (The Indian in the Cupboard, #2)
  • The Rabbit Girls