Start by marking “Wasted Words (The Austen Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wasted Words (The Austen Series, #1)

Wasted Words

(The Austen Series #1)

Some universal truths refuse to be ignored.

Peanut butter and jelly are a match made in heaven. Spaghetti and meatballs are best friends forever. And guys like Tyler Knight don’t go for girls like Cam Emerson.

She knew from the second she met him that he didn’t belong on her bookshelf, the six-foot-six ex-tight end with a face so all-American, it could have sold apple pie.
Published (first published May 19th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Wasted Words, please sign up.
Maria Josephine nope, there's no cheating in this book. do you dislike that kind of theme? just curious.…morenope, there's no cheating in this book. do you dislike that kind of theme? just curious. (less)

Start your review of Wasted Words (The Austen Series, #1)
Christy
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars!

photo 3BB47FAB-D5A7-4D6D-AB74-69C25EB75DAB_zpslr0ykb4v.jpg

Wasted Words is my second book by Staci Hart and by far my favorite. When I saw it was a romantic comedy inspired by Jane Austen’s Emma, I knew I had to read it. I’m so glad I fit it in! It was sweet, sexy, and so much fun to read. The friends to lovers and nerdy girl troupe were both executed perfectly. Also- I listened to the audio book and both narrators did a fantastic job.

Cam is a match maker. She works in a bookstore/bar and she can tell when people are right for each other. It’
• Lisa •
May 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
FOUR BURN TOGETHER STARS.

"She knew from the second she met him that he didn’t belong on her bookshelf."

description

A wonderfully put together and brilliantly executed modern day version of Jane Austen's 'Emma'. With themes from a personal favourite of mine this book had a lot to live up to but I can happily say that Staci Hart really did come up with the goods. From the quirky heroine and her hunky hero to the imaginative chapter titles there wasn't much room left to not fall helplessly in love with this
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
5 - "A GIANT AND A FAIRY" - STARS (swoooonnnnn)

This is my FAVORITE Staci Hart book to date. For me, it was a total hit! I went into Wasted Words excited beyond belief. A new series, with new characters, by one of my favorite RomCom authors .... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <<---- I mean! BLISS. That's a bookworm's dream. So I opened it up with some serious zest and MOTHER OF ALL BOOKISH THINGS, did I love it! I ADORED every single word. I ate them up like they were the sweetest little
Lucia
May 07, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1-2-stars-read
*sigh* I have had no luck with female characters lately. Cam was judgy, meddling “know-it-all” girl who got on my nerves non-stop. And sadly, romance didn’t do it for me either :(
Sabrina
Cam puts everyone she meets on a shelf. The jocks and the supermodels on one, and the book nerds on another. In her mind, those shelves should never mix, so even though she likes her roommate as more than a friend, she's not willing to explore those feelings because he's not on her shelf.

Tyler has wanted more from Cam for awhile, but she's never giving any kind of indication that she wanted him too. So he resides himself to being just her friend, taking what little he can get. Until she tries
Staci Hart
Mar 23, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
ambsreads
“There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something, if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after.”

Yes, I know that's a quote from The Hobbit that features in the book but whatever - I loved it.

Wasted Words was a book I went in with super low expectations. I try to do that with every book to truly love it, but for some reason I just had no faith in this particular book. How very glad I am to say I was wrong.

Wasted Words is
Alex
There was nothing wrong with this book exactly.

The best friends to lovers storyline hooks me every time.
Tyler was freaking gorgeous and just the perfect book boyfriend.
And I was never bored.

But well...the protagonist was a bitch.

There I said it. Sentence me to hell, book nerds.
Believe me, I have some serious self-hatred at this present moment.

However, there was no denying the fact that had I worked at Wasted Words and attended that bowling social, the novel would have ended abruptly with Cam
mich
Pretty, eye-catching book cover + visibility in Amazon's top 100 list = Recipe For Success

TRUTH.

Haha, got me again. I will fall for it every time. Whatever.

I don't care for the writing at all. It's not completely horrible, but I don't think it's good.

--The dialogue feels like it's trying way too hard while at the same time being so moronic I almost want to blow my fucking brains out.

--The story is told in alternating first person POVs and there is barely any distinction between the characters'
Liv ☾
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4 STARS!

That book was so darn cute! Tyler and Cam have been roommates for a long time, and friends for even longer. For as long as both of them have known, their friendship is completely platonic. Truth be told, they both have growing romantic feelings for the other that is anything but platonic.

Cam is a nerd. Full blown book loving, glasses wearing, short geek (funny because I guess I'm a nerd too :). She's been burned by the popular guy before in high school. Therefore she believes everyone
Bex | TotallyBex.com
4.5 stars!

I will read just about any Jane Austen reimagining, modern update, sequel, or prequel. I am a huge fan and can’t get enough, so when I read that Wasted Words is inspired by Austen’s Emma, I knew I had to read it. I’m glad I did because Staci Hart does a perfect job of updating Emma for the modern age. The writing is fresh and fun while the characters are descriptive and full of depth. This story was so cute and it made my heart happy.

Cam is a perky, adorably dorky bookworm working as
Lisa
*ARC Given to Blog for Honest Review*

4 “Wasted Words” “love” Kisses

OMG YAS!!! This is one of the many reasons why I adore Staci Hart's novels…they suck me in and the next thing I know, it’s 24 hours later and I’ve finished the book and somewhat functioned through regular life. I've been looking forward to Wasted Words basically since I finished Last Call and knew there was going to be a spinoff…the minute I read the blurb for WW I got giddy…then I saw the cover and my excitement level went to
Stacey is Sassy
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Don't waste your words

***3.5 stars***

Wasted Words was my first read by Staci Hart. It was cute and quirky with an original storyline that kept my attention from start to finish.

Communication is the key to any successful relationship but seems to be the first thing missing in Romacelandia. There is plenty of communication skills being used but not with each other. He's talking his problems out with his parents and she's sharing her concerns with her best gal pal. Here's a refreshing change, have
1-Click Addict Support Group
I'm a big fan of Staci Hart.

I'm a big fan of Emma.

And now, I'm a REALLY freakin' big fan of Wasted Words.

I could not get enough of this book. Seriously. I was done as soon as I opened it—I knew I'd be reading and reading and reading until the final page, and I knew that, given the chance, I'd do it ALL OVER AGAIN, as soon as possible.

It's not simply funny, or sexy, or charming. It's not just that Cam and Tyler are so flipping perfect for each other, or that this cover is so flipping perfect
Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*
DNF at 60%

It started out great. The thing with Batman and The Reader was cute as hell and I was hopeful about this book. But the more I read the more saccharine it became, to the point where my teeth started to hurt. Everything was just too perfect, like when aliens invade your brain and give you an illusion of every thing they think you'd want, and that's when you realise something's not right and snap out of it.

But what got on my last nerve was how Cam was just unable to stay out of Baeleigh
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Good, but not mind blowingly good. Cam's insecurities were annoying after awhile.
Michelle
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG. Can it get any better than Staci Hart? Wasted Words is the spin off series from Bad Habits, which is set in the world of Wasted Words, the new bar-comic book – book store that Rose is the proud owner of. Our main characters, Cam and Tyler are best friends, roommates and complete opposites. For Cam, she ventured from the nerd pool once and that didn’t end well for her, since then she’s all about only dating with or below her weight. Not willing to risk her heart for going after a guy she ...more
Bindi Boo
3 stars

A light maybe fun friends to lovers story i guess. Doesn't have much of a plot, rather it's about the heroine overcoming insecurities and mismatch relationships.

Cam, the heroine started off amazing. She's a book geek working at a book bar(YES! a book-bar..how cool is that!) She's sassy, confident and funny. She lives with her hottie roommate Tyler, an ex-football star. They're best friends and know each other so well. But under all that, lies an attraction so deep, they are afraid they
Melody Kimmons-Allen
This book was good. It would have been better if the heroine wasn't such a baby and the complaining she did didn't fill half the book. This story could have been so much shorter but Cam goes on and on for chapters complaining about not being enough for Tyler.

Tyler is the sweetest guy and would constantly reassure Cam that he only had eyes for her. Didn't matter much!

I'm not angry about her having low self-esteem (she does have it though). Let's face it, plenty of women have this same
Carol
4.5 stars.
Another great book from Staci Hart and it came close to being my favorite read by her but ultimately was a runner-up to "Tonic" (which had me at hello). It is also a spinoff from her Bad Habits series.
I was absolutely mad for Cam and Tyler. I loved how she was so quirky, nerdy and adorable and he was such a sweet genuine guy. I was so rooting for them to hook up and really the whole homage to Jane Austen's Emma just made it an even sweeter read.

photo emma_zpsfig3ksyl.png
Shayna
I'm officially LOVESTRUCK! I was entranced by every single word. Staci Hart made one HELL of a first impression on me! I laughed. I cried. Warmth blossomed in my chest with every single turn of the page. I'm in awe with this author's brilliant writing and her ability to win me over after page one. Hart's latest romantic comedy was a thing of beauty, with smart and witty characters and a friends-to-lovers transition that will melt your heart. I adored every single thing about this book!

Sexy young couple kissing and playing in bed.

*Gifted
Adriana Locke
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Staci Hart has taken the twenty-six letters of the alphabet and rearranged, transformed, and linked them together in a way that equates to word crack. I guarantee you'll be addicted to everything about this book.
Hart's storytelling is like sitting across from your best friend and watching her share some experience she's had. You know what I mean - she's waving her hands, her eyes wide, her body language pulling you in and has you begging - BEGGING! - for the next word.
That's how Staci writes.
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Wasted Words by Staci Hart
4 stars!!

“Comparison is the thief of joy.” – Theodore Roosevelt

Staci Hart never fails to deliver down to earth characters that are so cute you cannot help but fall in love with them, add to that the dorkability factor and I am completely sold. This book was a geek fest and I loved it, add to that friends to lovers and I was all in.

Cam was a book geek and a comic nerd, there was nothing she loved more than reading, whether it be books or comics and she was the
Sophie
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading a book is an adventure. Something that takes away everything else and propels you into a different world. Some books you just click with, some books you really enjoy Some books though, they speak to you, they embed themselves in you, never to be forgotten. You breathe these books, allow yourself to be consumed by them. You devour every single word, you feel every single emotion and you LOVE EVERY SINGLE SECOND. Some people have favourite books, some have favourite authors. Some have ...more
Paula
Apr 09, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Like everyone else, I had to DNF @ about 15-25% in. I did skip a chapter here and there to see if it would get any better for me to finish, but if anything, it just kept getting worse & worse so I trashed it. Blessfully it was a free read and it didn't hurt my pocket....

Unlike others who loathed the heroine, I place blame on the author who wrote this s*&t. Just saying people.....
Kandi Steiner
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Staci Hart is the QUEEN of romantic comedy. Wasted Words will make you laugh, swoon, and fall in love with its uncommon freshness in a genre suffering from "same old same". With a little Jane Austen flair and a lot of heart, this book is easily one of my top reads of 2016.

First of all, can I just call dibs on Cam right now? Because... DIBS!
Mandy
I really enjoyed this sweet friends to lovers romance. Tyler was the perfect book boyfriend - he was so patient with Cam and just a really good guy. I really loved the way the relationship changed between these two. This was sweet but also low-angst, romantic and funny. I really enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more by this author.
Kiki
Mar 27, 2018 marked it as avoid  ·  review of another edition
I don't read adoptions to begin with as a principle. It definitely kills my enjoyment of the original book.
Secondly Emma is NOT and easy book to adopt.
Emma WAS in fact very spoiled and childish, and selfish. However, the picture Austen painted from Mr Knightley's POV was someone sweet and lacking the proper guidance. Not something you can represent easily, and Emma's character will never be likeable without those POVs.
What also makes Emma is Knightley's dedication. Yes, he has seen Emma being
Syndi
Sep 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am between 2 to 3 stars on this book. I love the idea of Emma being adopted into micu more modern story. Emma story is revolving around a young fiesty young woman who thinks she is very clever at matchmaking. Then at the end she realises that fate and love is better been left alone on its cord. Then along the way she found love for her.

Now in Wasted Words, the story is more focusing on love story between Tyler and Cam. I felt bit let down. The matchmaking is not higlighted very well. I also
Coco.V
Jan 26, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (1/26/2020)! ...more

• Love According to Science (Dirty Martini Running Club #2)
  • His Royal Highness
  • Manhattan (Becker Bothers, #3)
  • Geektastic (Dorky Duet, #2)
  • Doctor Dearest
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread (Reindeer Falls, #2)
  • Fino alla luna e ritorno
  • Outmatched
  • Once Upon A Red Hot Kiss (Heartbreakers Standalone Novella 1.5)
  • Focused
  • Indelebile  (The Broken Stars, #2)
  • Boss Man Bridegroom
  • Ridorkulous (Dorky Duet #1)
  • Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery #1)
  • Neat: A Small Town Romance (Becker Brothers, #2)
  • Protecting What's Mine
  • Weight Expectations (Cipher Office, #1)
Staci has been a lot of things up to this point in her life: a graphic designer, an entrepreneur, a seamstress, a clothing and handbag designer, a waitress. Can’t forget that. She’s also been a mom to three little girls who are sure to grow up to break a number of hearts. She’s been a wife, even though she’s certainly not the cleanest, nor is she the best cook. She’s also super, duper fun at a ...more

The Austen Series (4 books)
  • A Thousand Letters (The Austen Series, #2)
  • Love, Hannah (The Austen Series, #3)
  • Love Notes  (The Austen Series, #4)
“I lived a thousand lives to escape from real life, because real life is boring and shitty.” 8 likes
“To be with someone, to live with someone who you thought you loved and who loved you, only to have them leave you for faults that you believed were strengths, was disorienting to say the least.” 4 likes