Start by marking “Unicorn Untamed: A Journey of Messy Self-Discovery” as Want to Read:
Unicorn Untamed: A Journey of Messy Self-Discovery

Unicorn Untamed: A Journey of Messy Self-Discovery

We’ve all done things we’re not proud of.
We all struggle with emotions we’re ashamed of.
We all have darkness we try to hide.
What if you could learn the tools to take the bad shit...and turn it into a beautiful sparkle?
Unicorn Untamed takes you on a journey of messy, uncomfortable self-discovery with some hard truths to help you become a better version of yourself...your tr
Published March 30th 2020 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Unicorn Untamed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unicorn Untamed

Start your review of Unicorn Untamed: A Journey of Messy Self-Discovery
Melanie Maloney
Mar 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
I would classify this as candid memoir/self help book. I found Ms. Reynolds to be funny, honest and relatable. As a woman in my 40s as well, I found her life leasons to be very relevant to where I am also at in my life. I definitely think we could be friends! Her advice encompasses marriage, friendships, diversity, families, health and many more topics. She tells it like it is and lets you take a way what you will. I definitely found myself wanting to text passages to my friends.
This book was p
Lindsay Fitzgerald (Lsay) *Crazy_reader_chicks
"There will always be a shiny lesson to learn from the chaotic madness"

Man this book. it's full of so much wisdom and amazing quotes.(I'm a sucker for a good quote.) I paused at about 20% and I called my dad. Now let me tell you why this is so significant. My dad has never really been a huge part of my life. We call on holidays, he sends a birthday card and I'll visit maybe once a year or every other, pending on when I travel back home. We haven't talked since last July when he called me (dr
Victoria Weston
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the first book that I've read by this author and I didn't know what to expect, I'd definitely say that this book is a self help book.

This book is full of funny moments, advice and life lessons.

I felt like I could definitely relate to what she was saying and I feel like this book really connects with the reader. I really like how this author writes in a way that is great for the reader to grasp and gives great advice.

I couldn't put this book down and found it very enjoyable and I really l
Cassidy
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Once I heard that Lin was writing a book, I knew I wanted to read it. She’s a special little creature that walks this Earth. I’m more of an every now and then self help reader. I couldn’t sit down and read this in one sitting. I found myself reading a chapter or two at a time then mulling it over. It wasn’t an I’m perfect and this is how you can be perfect too read. She made sure to paint herself as a human just like you and me. Just offers lessons and advice that has worked for her over the yea ...more
Vannoy Fite
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read it. You should read it. Everyone should read it. Especially unicorns. BRILLIANT! 🥰🥰🥰
Laura Jones
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Boy am I glad I read this, and at the perfect time, I might add. Lin has a way of connecting with her readers on a personal level, and I really appreciated the way she used real talk and examples from her own personal experiences to make her points valid. She doesn't profess to be a medical professional or mental health professional or relationship or parenting expert, but she sure does have some amazing nuggets of truth to pass on to readers. I truly believe every woman can find something in th ...more
FS Meurinne
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, reviews
This is a very different book from my usual read, I can honestly say this self-help book is also very different from those I have check out before, I found Lin's humor in each memoir and that made this book a good one to read, we usually know self-help books are serious and sometimes it drags out, not with this one. This book covers many topics, from family, health to friendship and marriage. I would recommend it to anyone trying to find a new way while having a great time reading. Being an Unic ...more
Nikole English
I cannot say enough just how much I truly enjoyed this book. I found every single chapter resonating with me. Even when Lin's unfiltered truths became a bit uncomfortable to chew (simply because I had to own my own truths), in the end I macerated those bits until I was easily able to digest them and put their nutrients to use. I appreciate Lin's candor throughout this book; she shared some pretty dark parts of her life that eerily reflect parts of mine and in seeing her doing so I feel like I ca ...more
Neshaisabookworm’s Book Review
5 ⭐️’s

I was so excited to read this book!

Aside from romance “self help” books and memoirs/biographies/autobiographies, are some of my favorites to read!

This was unlike any self help book I’ve read before!
It was even more raw and real than most self help books I’ve read and if you read self help books they are as raw as sugar in the raw! Lin pulled me in and I just couldn’t stop!!!

I would 10/10 recommend this to my friends and will definitely re-read this for my own self development!
I am on my
Kandace Denys (bookish_kayy)
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’m not usually a reader of self help books, but the title captured my attention, and then the cover, and then, I was immersed in what is essentially a memoir/self help.
Honestly, I highly recommend. The topics were highly relatable, expressed in such a humorous manner, I couldn’t help but continue through the book.
I would absolutely pick up another one of these.
Lisa Grigsby
Raw, real, and captivating

This isn't your average self help book. It is full of absolute realness, belly laughs, and glitter. It is an absolute must read if you are just a regular person trying to make it through this world we live in. "Stop beating yourself up for your past. We all have one and I can assure you, everyone’s is a lot more colorful than they would like to admit. We’ve all made terrible decisions or been assholes. Forgive yourself and start with today."
Megan
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down! I read it in one sitting!! I’ve never been one to read self help books or books like that. Frankly I didn’t think that was something I needed in my life. However this book put so many things into perspective for me and validated my feelings. It made me feel I’m not the only one in the world that has ever felt a certain way and gave me insights on how to deal with said feelings. I think everyone should read this book! Lin you are a true inspiration!

Received an arc
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog

This book was p
Amy
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lin Reynolds reveals herself, the good and the bad, as she helps you discover your inner unicorn. As Reynolds writes, "Unicorns don't focus on what went wrong. We focus on the lesson we learned in the chaos and we forge onward and upward."

I enjoyed the homespun sense of Reynolds's advice. It feels like we're sitting together, chatting. She doesn't preach, she doesn't patronize, and she doesn't hold back. For instance, when discussing marital troubles, she advises you "get over the little stuff,
Jen
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An ARC was provided by the author via Social Butterfly PR.

For the record, I had no clue that Lin Reynolds is related to a certain bestselling author whose books are lined up on both my actual and virtual bookshelves! I only learned of that tidbit when I saw said author’s post on Instagram about Reynolds’ book release and birthday. Having said that, I can see it now. They have certain similar features, and have a wicked sense of humor, as evidenced by this debut release of Reynolds’s. She shares
Jackie
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was such a great book. I don’t normally read self help type books but I am so glad that I picked this one up. Lin is so honest and authentic. I loved the way this was written.
I felt like I was hanging out with a friend getting a huge pep talk! Lin is very knowledgeable and full of great advice. She makes you think, re-evaluate parts of your life, appreciate things more, etc. This was a very uplifting book, and full of great content. Of course not every single part of this book is relatable
Lozzie
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Unicorn Untamed was a very insightful read, that opened my mind to what could be improved in my life.

The book was intense, but not too full-on. There were a few chapters that I couldn't relate to, but there were others that I felt were useful. It was very informative and gave me insight in not only a mindful way but in a funny way too.

For a first self-help book to read. It wasn't too bad. It was honest, funny and insightful. There were moments where I was highlighting pages from it.

It's not f
Kasey Lannerd
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book. I learned a lot of new and interesting things. Some things were a "slap" in the face...things that you just don't think about daily that could be damaging to oneself or others and obviously not on purpose. I definitely need to start making changes in my daily life to make things better for my own well-being. Starting with my screen time. I know that I am on my phone WAY too much and watch too much TV. My neck tells me daily 😂

Anyway, Lin did a great job on her
Christy Hilton-hall
5 Sparkly Stars

I'll be the first to admit I don't usually read "Self Help" books but I'm very glad I read this one. I'll recommend it far and wide. There are some brutally honest opinions and suggestions in this book and if you're 100% truthful with yourself about things hopefully this will be your "Ah Ha" moment. Don't let the pink sparkly unicorn deter you, all is not rainbows and kittens and it's broken down so dang well. So pull up your big girl panties and dive in, you won't be disappointed
Sara Strand
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read this more as a memoir instead of a self help, but that's for my own reasons. I loved the author's openness and honesty, it made for a quick (and fun!!) read. I liked her no holds barred approach to the book and anyone reluctant to honestly look at their own story will be more willing to do so after this. If you are missing drinks and dinner with your closest friends, this is the one to pick up during pandemic quarantine!
Susan Sunderlin
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Everyone needs this book right now. With everything that’s going on, I was looking for something to brighten my life. This book fits the bill and does much more! I was amazed at how open the author was and how intelligent her writing is in a time when people need optimism. It gives me ideas and opportunities to plan for something better moving forward. I’m planning a vision board for goodness sake!
Rachael
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There isn't much I can say about a Motivational / Self-Help book other than Lin knows her Sh*t! This book gave me some hope in exactly the right moment in time when I needed it most. During these strange times in the world we are living in, find a way to turn the negative into a positive, is just what was needed. Her book is amazing and I can't wait to get the audio of it as well! If you need the next up and coming motivational book to kick you in the pants right now, look no further!
gretareadsromance
Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-books-read
I have been following Lin Reynolds on Instagram for quite some time and when I heard she was joining the author world I knew I had to read her book. I am so happy I did! I'm not one to read a lot of self help books however her self-discovery was a good one. She wrote in relatable ways and by the end who doesn't want to be a unicorn?! Also the unicorn reminders and suggestions are the best!
Becky Ballenger
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was an amazing read!!! It really opened my eyes to help me see that not everything has to be bad, some of those lessons were a GREAT THING!!!! Lin’s book is wonderful for anyone who wants to laugh and anyone who wants to just be positive about themselves, and bring forth a positive outlook everyday!!! Five stars ARE NOT ENOUGH!!! A BRILLIANT read!!!!
Celia Ridley
Apr 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is a light at the end of a dark tunnel! I’m not big on “self help” books, but this one caught my eye and I couldn't resist. I knew it would be different than all the others, and it certainly is!
I especially love her black page at the end of every chapter, summarizing and reminding the reader of a few things...and Unicorn Facts!!
Get this book!!
Melissa Parnell
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
I found this book to be insightful and so relatable. It was funny. It was emotional. It was thoughtful and made me think. This is not my normal read, but I found myself completely intrigued. I really enjoyed this book. I definitely look forward to see what else Lin Reynolds will bring us.
Sherrie Merrell
BRILLIANT ✔

I Didn't Realize just how much I need to Read this Until Now❤ I've loved Every Single Word. Can't wait to see what Lin has In Store next. Definitely your next 5 star Read💯
Danielle Melo
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Thank you so much for putting this book out!! This opened my eyes in more ways than I could have ever imagined. It also, gave me affirmation as well. Thank you Lin, I hope to read more by you soon. You're truly the greatest unicorn.
Kim
Apr 02, 2020 added it
This is one self help book I’ll go back to again and again! Ms. Reynolds is relatable and I found her full of wisdom and amazing quotes! I loved the lift lessons and totally felt connected as a reader! I will be passing this book along to all my girlfriends! Great read!
Meghan
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have loved being in Lin's facebook group of the same name. This book had me nodding my head and using my digital highlighter frequently. Lin made me feel like it was a conversation between friends & I loved the new information I learned as well. ...more

• One Moment Please (Wait With Me, #3)
  • Ruthless Princess (Mafia Royals, #1)
  • Love Under Quarantine
  • Royal Bully (Mafia Royals, #0.5)
  • Madam Temptress (The Magnolia Duet #2)
  • Inappropriate
  • Old Fashioned (Becker Brothers, #4)
  • Big Ben (See No Evil Trilogy, #1)
  • Reckless Memories (Wrecked, #1)
  • Bachelor Boss (The Bachelors Club, #2)
  • Southern Storms (Compass, #1)
  • Blowback (The Monsters Within Duet, #2)
  • That Second Chance (Getting Lucky, #1)
  • Darling Rose Gold
  • Unforgettable (Cloverleigh Farms, #5)
  • The Modern Gentleman
  • Stealing Cinderella
  • Creole Kingpin (The Magnolia Duet, #1)

News & Interviews