Start by marking “The Avowed (Shadowed Wings, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Avowed (Shadowed Wings, #2)

The Avowed

(Shadowed Wings #2)

Just when I think things are starting to look up...I manage to get myself kidnapped.

All I want to do is figure out how the hell to get home. But instead, I’ve been shot out of the sky, netted, half drowned, and now I’ve been taken to Kestrel City, home of the Avowed.

The Hidden claim the Avowed are the enemy, but I’m about to learn nothing is ever just black and white.
Well,
Published February 1st 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Avowed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Avowed

Start your review of The Avowed (Shadowed Wings, #2)
Tiera McMillian
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 stars. Wow this series has me so absorbed, which is super irritating since I have to keep waiting for the next books to come out. We still don't have any clear answers though it seems like we are dragging more and more people down with us. I am continuing to love Falon and her and Pigeon's interactions are hilarious. Especially with some of the more modern references as well as the Top Gun soundtrack addition. I was dying really. I am a little confused as to why its taking so long for them ...more
Paige T
Despite being disappointed with the first book, I was still curious about the story - so with this being on KU I decided to give this book a try to see if it got any better.

Unfortunately Falon and Pigeon still seem to have a juvenile relationship that is annoying most of the time; the guys continue keeping secrets from Falon (and she can't put 2 and 2 together based on things they've said and ask the right questions); the actual plot doesn't seem to progress much, it's more filler and
Lady
May!!!

I can’t wait until May! I want part 3 now please. Talk about witty characters . The characters were way less annoying in book 2. I loved everyone except for Loa’s bitch ass. The easy friendship she made with the guards was amazing. I love how they turned out to be hilarious and real. Treno was hot, caring, lovable, playful with all the essentials for a good book boyfriend. Ryn was still likable but not as much as he was before Treno showed up on the scene. We didn’t get much of Zeph but he
Country Goose
Feb 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Finally getting answers

But the world building is so confusing. I don't understand a lot of what is going on, between the mating, the flashback dreams, her dreams with Zeph. Why him? Rather, why only him? Why didn't she get the warm fuzzies when she met Treno? And the whole Loa thing, I thought it was from jealousy, not what it end up being.... I'm not really sold on this series.
Tarissa
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reverse-harem
I adored this book! Falon finally gets some answers, though far from the whole story, while the picture of this complicated world is starting to become clear. In enjoyed the interactions of the characters, but was confused as to where Falon fit in the story. I would love some more background on her parents, and what they did to her as a child to hide her.

For me, Falon is easy to relate with in how she's lost and confused in this new world. Yet she's trying to be strong while also being drawn to
Treena
Hmmmm... We now have a 3rd guy in the mix. I'm as in the dark as Falon is about what is happening. But, nevertheless, I'm still curious to find out what happens next. Will grab book 3 when it comes out.
Kristen Nicole Spathis
Ivy does it again

This is a great follow up to the first book. Eagerly awaiting the next installment after that cliffhanger. Well done.
Nage
Feb 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Annoying Runaround

I do enjoy these books we are not getting very far. It’s a cycle of not quite too stupid to live choices but make better choices girl . Along with new information that’s not really all that new , with pages and pages of ooh I’m so betrayed monologue and angry blind angst. Making our h a little unlikeable . Repeated throughout the book . A little exhausting and not all that enjoyable.
Seana
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Standing ####### Ovation!

Unreal. This series is absolutely and utterly fascinating and enthralling. I was hooked since the first sentence in book one and have been hooked with every word since. This ending is EPIC. I was struggling to breathe the entire last portion of the book. The drama. The emotion. The chaos. This book paints an intense and beautiful movie in my head. Every scene is so detailed and the characters are to die for. It's just one generation after another making the same
Meg
Avowed

My god this book! I feel like it had been awhile since I read the first book so reread it and then dove into this one. I devoured them both. These are some of the sexiest books I’ve ever read. There’s something about being claimed and having a mate that I love, and Fallon has multiples.

The avowed is action packed and so well written. We are pulled into another world completely and the details are amazing. The emotions that we see from Falon I feel are emotions we would feel ourselves if
Heather Gilbert
In love!!!!

I adored this book, maybe more than book 1! She finally gets some answers, though far from the whole story, while the picture of this complicated world is starting to become clear. In enjoyed the interactions of the characters, though, tbh, there were moments I wanted to shake my head at Falon and her deliberate ignorance.... I mean, come on! But now that veil is gone and I can’t wait to see what happens in book 3!

First person, single POV, fantasy medium burn RH, cliffhanger.
Rating =
Christina
Enjoyed it!

***really a 4.5 at most***

First of all, let me say that I love Falon. I only just started this series and I read both of the books currently out in less than a day, that’s how entertaining they are.

However, despite Falon’s awesome sass, her quirky nature and Pigeon’s overall amazing-ness, seriously this bird is crazy and I love her. Despite all that this book left something to be desired. And that’s really hard for me to say because I love - I can’t emphasis this enough - this
Feb 09, 2020 rated it liked it
I was skeptic of starting this one, its still a lot of miscommunication/assuming which I truly cant stand. And the fact that she doesn't listen to her gut on the (view spoiler) is such a piss off and almost tstl buuuut I am fascinated by this world and see so much potential. That ending was abrupt and has me curious what happens next, I'm not worried about it though or else there's no next book? so things will be fine its just a matter about how they will be worked ...more
Athena Harrelson
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
HOLY SHIT!

That was so intense.To begin with I really enjoyed the prolouge, The fact that it help my mind review what I forgot I had read in the last book helped a lot.I love this author to death I love her writing. The second book was so much more intense in 1st book. I can only guess what's gonna happen next and I cannot wait for this next book to come out.The new characters that were introduced we're just developed as the other characters. Great writing and well developed characters, whY more
Becks
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was ok
A bit too special

I’m thinking this series may be a bit too young for me, but I’m a sucker for a completed plot so I’m going to finish it. The protagonist isn’t very likeable, she’s fickle, and self centered and annoying but i think she’s meant to be read as someone that makes everyone love her, and that ‘she’s crazy cool and special, but also has such a tragic past, but look at how independent and awesome she is’. I don’t read it like that. I’m still waiting on the final book, but up till now it
Nicole
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
This author is great...I’ll read anything she publishes. Her stories pull me in and I don’t want them to end. Fantastic!

However, I’m over “cliffhangers”. Why do so few books have storylines with a beginning, middle and end? I read a lot and want to have some closure with my books. Right now, I have so many unfinished series that I can’t keep them straight!

This trend with more recently published (cliffhanger) books makes me less likely to read a new author until ALL of the books have been
Laura Duval
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Not as much action but good

4/5 rating
This is the second book to the series. It starts off right where book one ended and gave us all a surprise. I'm not into cliffhangers but love it when the author leaves you wanting more.
This second installment did not have as much action but instead focused more on character developments. Falon and Pigeon's relationship is hilarious at times while at others, it makes you hurt for them.
The cliffhanger to this installment leaves you wanting more again. I'm
Angela James
What the frickity frick?!

What the frickity frick is happening right now! You can't end it there! Oh my goodness,if I could reach through this kindle and shake the author I do would right now. I mean holy Alexa was the book phenomenal but dayum what a cliff hanger. A must read for sure but prepare for your heart to be shredded and your voice to be stolen! My mind is blown. I loved it and i m so upset right now, I'm a jumbled up mess of emotion...but I don't want to get off the crazy train just
Joselynnicholee
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. It brought out so many emotions. My heart absolutely broke for Pigeon and her distress over Ryn and Zeph. She was hurting and although Falon didn’t understand why, they certainly did.

This book shows how the Avowed live in comparison to the Eryie. It is so different but so much is the same. I loved the addition of Treno. He is so adorable and sweet. I continued to laugh constantly with the banter between Falon and Pigeon.

Ivy Asher absolutely gutted me with that
Siri
Feb 02, 2020 rated it liked it
okay i got a bit disappointed in the second book, i feel like we are running around in a big drama and so many unanswered questions. the mc dont understand shit and the guys is well, one wanted to kill her, the second is not saying anything about anything and the third is okay until like the end when everything went downhill. i feel so frustrated when the mc is clueless and is out of the loop, ya know in the second book i expect the mc to atleast know something and not be left out ...more
Heather Neary-Willis
Frustrating

I do love this book but I just want to shake Falon. For someone who’s is smart and can take care of her self she misses all the clues. Everything is laid out in front of her and yet she walks away and doesn’t listen. I’m excited to meet her new mate. I like him a lot more then her other two. Mainly because he listens and trusts her and doesn’t treat her like she’s stupid.
Emma
4 out of 5 stars.

Overall, this was a good sequel to The Hidden. In The Hidden, the author stated book 2 would be released early January 2020 and book 3 would by early March. But book 2 was released February first and states book three won’t be out until May. Which is disappointing.

The second book didn’t go into detail in the differences between cultures as much as I hoped it would. But it did reveal some answers to questions asked in the first book.
Michele
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Was really hoping for some answers, got a few, not much. Really loving Pigeon, but irritated that she could be helping answer all these questions. Female lead is still strong but making some stupid decisions, which I find terribly irritating. No, it doesn't make it ok to make a stupid decision even when that decision is being acknowledged as stupid. Still looking forward to book 3, but hoping this is supposed to be a trilogy and we will have some closure.
Jennifer Sedgwick
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Really good! Plus a cliffhanger...

I’m obsessed with this series. Ivy asher did not disappoint with book 2. Even though it’s a seems to end quickly, there is still a lot of character development and world building going on. It keeps you guessing what’s going to happen next, and starving for the next book. If you love a good shifter book then this series is for you, but be warned the cliffhanger is grawl worthy.
Michelle L Boyajian
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Not what you expect

Enter a different kind of world, not vampire, werewolf, fae, or demon, it's completely different and the storyline though tried and true, actually works in this story. What makes it even better it's funny, and really how a lot of women think mentally to themselves in certain situations. A good series, now I wait patiently for the next book to release, I have a good idea who just got her, but I'll wait, it's going to get good!!
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
That's what I'm talking about!

I liked this one more than the first book. We get more answers, even more mystery, and a whole lot of twists! This world is filled with fascination and loss! I was on the edge of my seat, my heart ready to jump out of my chest!

I'm dying for the next book.
This being a new author to me, I'll have to check out her other books, hopefully that'll hold me over.
Michelle Kennedy
Amazing story

Definitely couldnt put this book down. I love so much how much fight Ivy put into Falon. I am so happy when she pushes back on everyone with everything she has. I'm so over the FMCs that fold like wilting flowers cuz there is a good looking guy around. Not Falon. She will claw, scrape, kick and bite her way out of anything that doesn't present itself as a choice for her, as it should be. I cannot wait to see how this resolves itself. May can't come soon enough!
Patricia Johnston
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book, I couldn’t put it down

Such great characters and storyline that I couldn’t put this book down. I read it in one sitting. I now have to wait patiently for book three to be released. Does pigeon get her happy ending with three gryphons, or does fate chose only one for her? Does Falon manage to break the magic that’s hidden/suppressing her runes/powers. Does she get to love her three men?
Kellie Macp1
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

This one broke me, and gave me all the feels. I’m still in shock trying to process everything that happened... but like... wow. I was so angry for Fallon I wanted to cry, I raged with her, my heart broke with hers, I squealed in excitement. Honestly I think I’m going to do my reread now just so I can have those moments again. Wow Ivy, can’t wait to see what you do next.
Crystal Griffin
Oh my God!

I read book 1 & 2 so fast and now I’m hanging off the edge of my seat praying the third book that says coming in May really means last MAY! No such luck, but I can say I’ll be waiting and probably re-reading these 2 until then! Love Falon and Pigeon! Can’t wait to see how the mate situation plays out and wow, Loa!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Reese (Pack of Misfits #2)
  • Sinless Demons (Monsters and Miseries #2)
  • Descend (Dark Angel Academy, #1)
  • Hellish Fae (Monsters and Miseries #1)
  • Wicked Blaze Correctional (The Wronged, #1)
  • Shadowborn Prison (Dark Fae Paranormal Prison, #1)
  • Supernatural Inmate (Supernatural Captivity #1)
  • Don't Tempt Me (Nora Jacobs #4)
  • Seraphim Academy 1: Wicked Wings
  • Shadowborn Academy: Year One (Dark Fae Academy Series, #1)
  • Stray (Cats of Felidae Academy, #1)
  • The Missing Wolf (Familiar Empire #1)
  • Gallows and Ghouls (Beyond the Shadows #3)
  • When the Dead Come Home (The Veil Diaries Book 8)
  • Princess Ballot (Royals of Arbon Academy, #1)
  • Vampire Debt: Supernatural Battle (Vampire Towers #2)
  • The Rebel's Vision (Age of the Andinna #4)
  • Found (Thornbriar Academy #1)
Ivy Asher is addicted to chai, swearing, and laughing a lot (but not in a creepy, laughing alone kind of way). She loves the snow, books, and her family of two humans, and three fur-babies. She has worlds and characters just floating around in her head, and she's lucky enough to be surrounded by amazing people who support that kind of crazy.

Shadowed Wings (2 books)
  • The Hidden (Shadowed Wings, #1)