Start by marking “Edge of Craving (Primal Instinct, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Edge of Craving (Primal Instinct, #0.5)

Edge of Craving

(Primal Instinct #0.5)

A dangerous attraction…

When a deadly dragon-shifter finds himself the protector of an innocent witch who’s as brave as she is beautiful, passions ignite that cannot be denied. Together, they must face a treacherous enemy in order to prevent a cache of powerful weapons from falling into the wrong hands, fighting not only for their survival, but the future they so
ebook
Published January 21st 2020 (first published April 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Edge of Craving, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Edge of Craving

Start your review of Edge of Craving (Primal Instinct, #0.5)
Claire Robinson
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4 - Angels don't yearn for monsters... Stars!

Great prequel novella for the beginning to the Primal Instinct series. I love me some PNR and I cannot wait to start book one.
Karry
Mar 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I know a lot of people are going to give a low star rating for this book for it being so short.....however I am not one of those people. Am I sad that it was so short...hell yes. If it wasn't such a compelling introduction to this series I wouldn't care what length it was. If you read something and in the end you want more (like I did with this one) then it must be good! The explanation of the issues to be faced in the books to come was clear as can be. The introduction to the characters and ...more
Romance Bookaholic
My Thoughts:

If you adore a good dragon shifter romance this is it. Edge of Craving a excellent romantic dragon shifter story. The dragon shifter is strong, alpha & so masculine. Alia is sweet, shy and strong. I get a feeling of softness when I read about Alia’s character but also a strong feeling. The suspense, action & romance are well worth reading.

Dragon shifter romance readers this is a great book to read.
Linda
Aug 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone over 18 that love Paranormal romance.
This is a reread for me. I'm working on cleaning out my Kindle and came across this story which is the prequel to Rhyannon Byrd's Primal Instinct trilogy! I have all the stories in this series, some paperbacks and some ebooks.

Enjoyed it just as much this time around as the first time I read it. Now I'm working on looking up the rest of the series for a reread. ;-)
Veronica Williams
VWTWEETY

I have read all of the series. And I have totally enjoyed every single one. I look forward too reading any other ones that will be published,I hope that,Deadly is the kiss is not the final in this series.

Helen
This is the first book I've read by Rhyannon Byrd and the Prequel to the series. It was short but I knew that it would be before I read it and Did enjoy it! There's just enough in the prequel to make me want to find the rest of the story (or stories). Dragons and witches anyone?
Annmarie
May 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very surprising read and so different from other books that I have read of late. It's short but action-packed. The chemistry between the two MCs was literally sizzling!
Debbie
Jan 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short highlight to the beginning

Short highlight to the beginning of the war with the Casus and how the Buchanan's started! Keep reading and enjoy the danger and passion
•♥•♥•Toni the Book Addict•♥•♥•™
2.5 stars from me. This story was okay, unfortunately it was in desperate need of an editor. The book was filled with repetitive comments (Seriously, all Rhys does is grunt and growl when he talks), inconsistency (Alia was 24 in chapter 2 and in chapter 3 she was "barely 20") and at times the point of view would switch from 1st to 2nd person.

The premise of the book was pretty interesting, I just wish a different time period was selected. It did not feel like the early 1800s... it felt more
Calisto
I was actually going to give this 2 stars when I first read it. It's short and sets up the Primal Instinct world but.. it's short and you really don't have enough time to become invested in these characters.

This is almost a case where it's better to start with book 1 (Edge of Hunger) instead of the prequel but having said that, this story totally allowed me to know what was going on in the first book w/o needing a huge amount of background information.

The characters are likable enough but
Kathleen
Aug 04, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 Stars
I was looking for a new series to start and on a recommendation was going to start the Primal Instict Series. Then I read somewhere I should start with this book before Book 1. There is so much promise in this book I wanted to like it more- which gives me great hope for the series. I think there was just too much story jammed into a short story. Everything seemed to happen too quickly. I understand it is a romance story but holy cow, that was a quick found love and at such a level ...
Mary
May 15, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vaginal-fantasy
Nice intro to the series. Short enough to finish during my lunch break.
Angel Padillo
I read this after I finished the Primal Instincts series. It was a good prequel to the series, although a little more explanation into the world would of been nice.
Sussan
*TheWrittenWord*Mo
O M G !!! should not have read this before sleeping, the dreams I had! xD
Anna
Jul 25, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Obviously a prequel to a new series but a nice short story in its own right. This book makes the rest of the series look promising.
April
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, paranormal
interesting look at the past and given a glimpse into the crosses.
Linda Barrows
Marie
Feb 10, 2012
Bonnie
Apr 14, 2013

• Devil of the Highlands (Devil of the Highlands, #1)
  • Taming the Highland Bride (Devil of the Highlands, #2)
  • If He's Daring (Wherlocke, #6)
  • The Tooth Fairy (Peppa Pig)
Rhyannon Byrd is the national bestselling author of more than forty contemporary and paranormal romance titles, including the Bloodrunners series, and her books have been translated into ten languages. After years of enjoying the California sunshine, Rhyannon now lives in the beautiful (but often chilly) county of Warwickshire in England with her family and their ever-growing collection of concert ...more

Primal Instinct (9 books)
  • Edge of Hunger (Primal Instinct, #1)
  • Edge of Danger (Primal Instinct, #2)
  • Edge of Desire (Primal Instinct, #3)
  • Touch of Seduction (Primal Instinct, #4)
  • Touch of Surrender (Primal Instinct, #5)
  • Touch of Temptation (Primal Instinct, #6)
  • Rush of Darkness (Primal Instinct, #7)
  • Rush of Pleasure (Primal Instinct, #8)
  • Deadly is the Kiss (Primal Instinct, #9)