Jump to ratings and reviews

Your Ultimate Guide To A Powerful Book Launch

If you’re looking to self-publish a book and want to reach a wide audience while on a tight budget, then this guide is for you.

How you prepare for your book promotion will shape the entire performance of your book afterward and whether it makes sales or rank on charts or not.

And the preparation starts way before your actual launch date; especially if this is your first book and you don’t have a huge fanbase/following to instantly support you and your book on launch day.

In this guide, you will:

1. learn how to reach a wide range of readers for free;

2. understand the different and most effective strategies for book promotion;

3. know the exact steps needed to build an interested audience from scratch & get reviews;

4. learn how, where, and when you should market your book for maximum results.

Included in this guide, 8 pages bonus printable, a 4-page timeline checklist to help you keep organized through this process and to avoid missing any important steps. It will also act as a summary, so you can have a look at the list and know what your next step is, instead of having to go through the guide every time. Plus, another 4 pages for your own planning notes.

If you are a writer considering self-publishing at some point, this is definitely going to help you do it efficiently and without the need to hire a professional or pay for ads.

The techniques in this guide are also very simple and to the point, so you don't need to have any background of any type to be able to understand and follow the strategies in there.

74 pages, Kindle Edition

First published October 13, 2019

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Ray A. Roshdy

1 book19 followers
Ray A. Roshdy is an electrical and telecom engineer with an undying passion for research and writing. She founded therayjourney.com in 2018 to pursue writing full time and dedicated her efforts to studying and writing about the different methods one can combine their skills and knowledge to create passive income sources.

One such skill is writing and how to properly market and promote your books to generate passive income. Your Ultimate Guide To A Powerful Book Launch is Ray's first book, and it followed 2 years of extensive research and experimenting.

On those rare hours of day when she is not working on a research, Ray's writing fiction, watching a film, or feeding birds.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
10 (90%)
4 stars
1 (9%)
3 stars
2 stars
1 star
Displaying 1 - 10 of 10 reviews
Profile Image for Alison Kelly.
61 reviews1 follower
February 6, 2020
When I decided to become a blogger I had no idea what I was getting into. No clue. Fortunately, it did not take me long to find The Ray Journey Blog. Not only does Ray publish helpful articles on topics like, social media marketing and how to optimize your Pinterest efforts, she also helps bloggers connect with other bloggers and grow their audience. As a blogger it is a natural progression to someday publish a book, so I was excited to read Ray’s, Your Ultimate Guide to a Powerful Book Launch.

Your Ultimate Guide to a Powerful Book Launch is a concise guide on how to promote your self-published books. The book is 79 pages, but it is absolutely packed with information on exactly what to do at every phase of your book launch. She covers how to determine your niche and find your audience. She also includes a list of publishing platforms with a simple grid showing the commission structure, perks and rules of the various options. One of my favorite things about this guide is that it includes a thorough checklist at the end, so you won’t miss any steps. I know when I go to publish I will be referring to Your Ultimate Guide to a Powerful Book Launch.

If you’re not familiar with Ray check out her blog The Ray Journey. Not only does she have articles for bloggers, but also health and financial information as well. If you are considering self-publishing, be sure to check out her handy guide to a Your Ultimate Guide to a Powerful Book Launch.

Thank you to Ray for allowing me advance access to this book in exchange for this honest review.
1 review
April 4, 2020
I cannot express how thankful I am to Ray for how much I have learned in my writing. It started with her blog, and she helped me become a better, more successful blogger. Then, I started writing my first YA book, and Ray again has shown herself to be an amazing resource as I move through the process of writing my first book. I found the idea of self-publishing overwhelming. I can honestly say it is still overwhelming, for there is a lot to do and many tasks to keep track of. Thankfully, I do not have to organize and research all of those tasks. After reading Your Ultimate Guide to a Powerful Book Launch, I feel I have a fighting chance to be successful thanks to the well laid out steps and explanations, as well as great timelines and checklists. I can replace my uncertainties with action plans and purposeful tasks for me to check off.

There have been so many things I didn't know I didn't know. Though I am in the process of writing, it came to my attention from this guide there are many things I can be doing even now to prepare and build up to a successful launch. For example, I am using her tips and steps in building an audience at this point even while I am writing.

I feel I have learned there can be a lot that works against you when it comes to getting to the point of publishing your first book. I am arming myself with research and actions to overcome, and this Ultimate Guide has really been the number one for my relief.
Profile Image for Libby James.
Author 2 books11 followers
September 12, 2020
I got the change to win this book in a competition and I was so excited. When I read the book I was not disappointed. As a blogger writing my first novel this book was packed with great information

Your ultimate guide to a powerful book launch is a great guide on how to promote your self published book. The books explains exactly what to do on every phase when you are doing your book launch. I love the commission section which without I would probably be lost on. She also explains on how to find your audience and niche, publishing platforms, perks and rules and explains everything brilliantly.

I feel so much more confident when I get to the stage of publishing with my own novel and I am 100% sure I will be referring to the ultimate guide for reference.

Ray is an amazing writer and her blog the ray journey is worth a read.
Profile Image for Izzy Matias.
Author 1 book7 followers
January 20, 2021
I've been on the fence for years when it came to self-publishing my young adult fiction novel about music, but when I finally decided to, I'm so glad I found the Ultimate Guide to a Powerful Book Launch. It has lots of practical advice on how to approach self-publishing as well as the different options you can choose from. I'm currently preparing to self-publish my book now and I feel more confident having a strategy in place thanks to this book. Would definitely recommend this book to anyone who wants to self-publish a book! :)
August 22, 2020
Ray's guide is fantastic for those of us aspiring to publish our own words without having to spend a fortune, and never have I been more delighted with a guide! I followed the clear steps throughout the Ultimate Guide To A Powerful Book Launch as I published my own ebook at the start of the month, and managed to achieve my month's sales goal within a matter of 2 days! Definitely worth a read if you're looking to have a Powerful Book Launch on a budget.
Profile Image for Judy Ferrell.
Author 8 books80 followers
November 8, 2020
Indie authors really need this! I learned a lot from reading this. I got a lot of questions answered, like where to find information on genre statistics. I think that if you are a first time indie author or if you have authored many books, you should read this. It's not hard to understand and shows you many options and plans.
Profile Image for Merna.
1 review1 follower
February 4, 2020
I highly recommend this book, it provides everything related to launching a book successfully by affordable but impressive ways.⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Profile Image for Hannah.
115 reviews7 followers
March 13, 2020
*Please note: I was gifted a free ebook in exchange for an honest review*

What a useful book! I'm considering self-publishing when I finally get around to finishing (read: starting) my ebook and this was absolutely packed with so much advice. I didn't know much about promotion before but I feel much more competent now, and like a book launch is an actual, tangible thing rather than a terrifying concept of the future. Ray's writing is succinct and easy to understand, and I love how she's split the books up into small sections to make it really easy to digest. It's also really easy to revisit specific bits, and I love the free checklist that came with it. Honestly found this so useful and I'm looking forward to reading more books from Ray in the future - I'd recommend this for any writers considering going self-published.

You can read my full review here:
Profile Image for Ray.
Author 1 book19 followers
August 2, 2022
I mean.. This is definitely worth reading! The author did spend a whole lot of time researching, studying, and experimenting to find the most affordable yet effective methods for book promo. And I believe she did an extremely wonderful job. Trust me, I was there every step of the way.
Displaying 1 - 10 of 10 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.