Start by marking “Ice Cave” as Want to Read:

Ice Cave

Saxon Smith is on the research trip of a lifetime in Antarctica to explore a remote ice cave system. A previous expedition found hints that the much warmer subsurface caves could support life and Saxon wants to make that discovery and make a name for himself.

The small team descends into a cavern hollowed out of the ice by volcanic activity expecting lichen and arthropods
Published January 21st 2020 by Severed Press

To ask other readers questions about Ice Cave, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ice Cave

Start your review of Ice Cave
OutlawPoet
Mar 11, 2020 rated it liked it
So, it's not bad. It's quick moving and I liked our things that chomped. The author took one group of chompy things in a very interesting direction - one I didn't expect. It could use a wee edit for typos.

I didn't like our characters. There are four of them:

* The tool who apparently keeps his brain in his pants
* The wanna be bro who thinks he's very smart
* The most beautiful, sexiest woman in the world, who apparently also keeps her brain in her pants
* The NPC - seriously, she has no personalit
 Reading Reindeer Cobwebbed
ANTARCTICA! Very creatively imagined, both the "new world" the scientists discover, and also in their varied responses to the discovery, the dangers, and the consequences. The conclusion is also intriguing, unexpected, and scary.
T.J. Nichols
Jan 22, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: horror
My new pen name for horror. Chomp chomp!
B.
Oct 07, 2020 rated it did not like it
This book *HEAVILY* plagiarizes James Rollins' Subterranean. Do not buy it. Do not read it. Do not support plagiarism. Thank f*ck that Amazon allowed me to get my money back on this piece of literal garbage.
Kay
Jan 28, 2020 added it
Ice Cave

There will be a sequel. I liked the way the book started off and was really excited to read it but I had to skim thru all of the f words and got distracted. Therefore, two stars. Probably won't read the next one. Hate it. Could have been so good.
Waheela
Jul 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: creature-feature
This is actually a 3 star book, as characters were not really consistent or fleshed out enough to have so much focus on motives and personalities.

Writing itself is also a bit inconsistent at times where you have to reread in order to figure out who did say that.

However, when the book flowed it did well enough that I was fully immersed.

What did work for the book and why I end of giving it 4 stars:
- interesting spin on a tried formula
- fast paced and short. A lot of its short comings would have
Cynthia
Oct 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
A fun read

This was a fairly short story. I read most of it while standing in a very long line to vote for the 2020 election. Hey needed something to do besides focus on how uncomfortable the face mask was while outside in muggy weather in a ridiculously long and very slow moving line.

I think I’d have liked it to have been a bit longer to be honest. I love stories like this.

Decent characters. Very descriptive and easy to build that mental image of where the characters are ans what was going on
Kathy Jackson
Aug 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a bit different than I have been reading lately in that it involved dinosaurs instead of bigfoot. It was a nice change of pace though you knew ever bad decision they made in the beginning of the book would more than come back to haunt them.

The characters were interesting and the action pretty fast paced. There was a few times when something happened quickly that I wish he would have spent a big more time on and times when I thought he had spent too much time on something that could have
Norm S
Jun 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 1\2 Stars

This one was pretty good. It didn't have the best reviews so I wasn't expecting much so was pleasantly surprised. An expedition to the Antarctic discovers a cave system that goes deep underground to a lost world. Four go into the lost world, question is how many will come out.
Crystal Fenerty
Jun 18, 2020 rated it did not like it
Could have been so much more.

Interesting idea. Book description made you expect so much more then you get. Is a short story not even properly edited. Basic errors that are easy to notice, words missing from sentences or in wrong order.
BATA readers exist for a reason people, so that what you publish is actually worth reading!
Heather Bane
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was an interesting read. The story had my attention throughout and is well written. A new author for me and a different type of genre from my usual reads. Glad I read and recommend reading.

E.A. Snowden
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fast moving Dinosaur fiction!

Good book - moves quickly, good development of characters and suspense. recommend for sci fi fans of lost world books.
Andrea
Mar 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Very strong story and if you're looking for anything remotely resembling happiness, it's not here. Objectively, this is a 4* but for my personal reading taste it's a lot lower.
Viola Elaine Smith
Jun 20, 2020 rated it it was ok
Primordial Island.

It started out fairly good. Began to lose interest after a few chapters. Read like a made for tv series. Ok but not riveting.
Susan
Mar 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Good story

A good story though was short and felt rushed to me. A different take on a dinosaur tale. Interesting characters.
Phil Matthews
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was ok
Boring

Predictable. Typical. No science. There is not much else to say about it. I would not recommend this to anyone.
Valerie
Apr 16, 2020 rated it liked it
I gave this a three star rating because it could have been fleshed out more and it could have been longer.
Dana Ann

• Claw
  • The Snow
  • To The Center Of The Earth
  • Bone Quarry
  • Operation Congo (S-Squad #9)
  • Jungle Lab Terror
  • Operation Mongolia (S-Squad #8)
  • The Siberian Incident
  • MEGACROC
  • Return To The Tunnel (Primal Force #2)
  • Beat The Devil (Cryptid Force Six #2)
  • Deep Fear
  • The Extinct - A Novel of Prehistoric Terror
  • Megalodon vs Colossal Snake
  • Operation: Loch Ness (S-Squad #5)
Toby J. Nichols is also known as T.J. Nichols.