Start by marking “Forbidden Mate (Shifter World: Royal-Kagan #8)” as Want to Read:
Forbidden Mate (Shifter World: Royal-Kagan #8)

Forbidden Mate

(Shifter World: Royal-Kagan #8)

Love has no place in politics. Until a councilman falls in love.

Royal feline shifter, Anton Alexander, sacrificed his future the day he joined the Shifter Council. Now the law rules his life. Manipulating it for the benefit of his pride is his only pleasure. But the games he’s played in Council chambers have earned him more than a reputation for ruthlessness.

He’s made
Audible Audio, Unabridged Audiobook
Published January 21st 2020

To ask other readers questions about Forbidden Mate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forbidden Mate

Start your review of Forbidden Mate (Shifter World: Royal-Kagan #8)
Robin
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's been a while since I was able to visit the Royal Kagan world, thankfully it hasn't changed much it still has powerful, dominant alpha males and sometimes even stronger females. For the most part the males dominate this world but that's all about to change if Nyx has her way, she was brought up to strive for a place on the Council. Anton is a shoe in for the next eldest being the oldest shifter on the council. For years he has been searching for the book his namesake has written as he ...more
Christina
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh my! This author has done it again. I just can't seem to get enough of these Royal Shifters and their extremely primal/dominate site.

Although this can be read as a stand alone, I will be referencing things that happened within the series prior to this book in this review. Still no spoilers though...

Anton Alexander is a Councilman who's dedicated his life (literally) to protecting through the law. Advocating for woman's rights, as well as other issues, have become a focal point to him ever
Racy
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I do love this series. I love how she has come up with something like the Royals.

I tried to put myself in Anton's shoes. Here he was one that sit on the seat of the Shifter Council. He wanted to be there to fight for his people but he chose such a lonely life. He chose to never be with his mate if he ever found her. He chose fighting for his people over his happiness, over love. This had to be a very lonely road.

I just loved Nyx. She might of been young but she had this fire about her. She was a
Kathi
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Complex Royal-Shifter story with Intrigue and Romance!!

Royal feline shifter Anton Alexander is on the Shifter Council for life. His actions have earned him a reputation for being cold and ruthless. Nyx has a plan to become the first female council member. Her uncle has groomed her, and if she can prove that Anton killed his prior secretary while acting as his current secretary (a position no one has applied to for a year) she can replace him on the council.
Except. Nyx is Anton’s true mate – yet
Courtney
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh man I loved the latest from Nancy Corrigan and her shifter world!! When Nyx walks into Anton's world it will change everything. Nyx has her reasons for showing up wanting to work for Anton and he has his reasons for not wanting her to stay, but the pull they feel won't be denied no matter what it may mean. Nyx is such a strong female character and she matches Anton is so many ways while complimenting him in other areas. Anton knows that he has a strong female for his fated mate in Nyx. These ...more
Elle
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic Read

This is a fantastic read. I've read all the books in this series so far and I'm so captivated by the shifter world Nancy has developed. Though this book is more about shifter politics, I now have a greater understanding about the motives from previous books in this series. This book also mirrors a lot of what's going on in this postmodern era regarding women's rights and our fight to be heard and counted. I applaud Nancy for using her pen as a voice. I look forward to the next book
Tara Dorough
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love This Series

Forbidden Mate by Nancy Corrigan is book 8 of her Shifter World Royal-Kagan series. It's fantastic. The series really advances in this next book. We finally get to see what the first Alexander Pride leader really thought. This book centers around the council and gives the reader a better understanding of shifter politics. Trust me when I say add with all politics comes intrigue, backstabbing, surprises, trust issues and so much more. I'm excited to learn that Kade's book is next
Terri West
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yet another awesome book in the Royal Kagan series. Although there's plenty of hot and steamy these books have a wealth of intrigue and political back stabbing to keep you focused. The story has a twist that I never expected - but you will have to read it to find out what it is.
If you've read any of the previous books in this series you know how consuming they are and you won't be disappointed.
Shawn Dunham
I hadn't expected this to be the next story, but I liked Nyx a lot. Goes to show when one or two people are the only ones to view an original piece of law and are the only ones to copy from it, that corruption can happen. I wonder where the Book was for 1,000 years. Cant wait to see Kade's story already.
Linda
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent!

Anton and Nyx's story was everything and more. Nyx was sent to Anton by her uncle to get evidence that he killed his last secretary so he could have him removed from the council. The twists and turns in this story will boggle your mind and keep you guessing until the very end. I absolutely loved this book and the series.
Pam Foster
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!!

This is another really fab book in this shifters series and fans of these books will love all the twists and turns in the story. Anton has appeared before and I loved getting to know him more and getting to see what the council is like. Nyx is a great female lead and brings lots of fun to the story. Can’t wait to see who is next....I’m patiently waiting for Kade
Cynthia Daniels Greene
Anton and Nyx

Nancy Corrigan did an AWESOME job telling Anton and Nyx's story. The sexual tension between the two of them from the beginning and watching them fall in love. Nyx showed her strength even though she was newly matured. I would recommend this book to everyone. Thoroughly enjoyable. Thank you Nancy.
Delores
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent storyline

Each book in the series can be read alone but I've thoroughly enjoyed following the sequence. Each story evolves the shifter world making it richer and more diverse. It's taken on a life of its own and the characters have become friends.. Wonderful series of books, well written and edited too so it flows beautifully..
Harlee
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

This was a really good book! I like that Molly finally got a pretty good ending. The only thing that sucks is the next book won’t be released until next year had I know that I wouldn’t have even started the series! I hate waiting for the next books!
Linda Anderson
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this series

Best series I have ever read.Nancy Corrigan is a genius!Her imaginative mind is wonderful.You get intrigue ,deceit love and wonderful characters all in one series that you can't put down!
RNDK
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For a shifter series, there is not much shifting.
The reason I rated this book more than the prior ones in the series is because I enjoyed the change in the Council and the change in their laws when it comes to females in power. Something that the real human world is still lagging in.
Yvonne Barbosa
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anton & Nyx

This one is so worth the wait. The characters turned out not to be quite what I thought. Which is always a nice surprise. I will patiently wait for Kade and Zoe's story. This is one of those series you doesn't end.
Melissa
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Forbidden

Enjoyable book. Really enjoyed the strong female characters and strong plot about women's rights. I liked Nyx and Anton and their path to romance
Natalie
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forbidden Mate

I'm glad Nyx's uncle died, he was too conniving. I never suspected the Tsar was so devious or that he was behind all Anton's troubles.
Diana
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anton and Nyx what a match made in shifter heaven.... This is a another great story from NC.
Now hurry and do Kade's and Zoe's …..
laura redwine
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!!

This is a great new book in the shifter World Series-It is a hot addicting read! I can’t wait for the next book!
Luz Maria Valle
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forbidden Mate: Royal Shifters

Loved the story. Gave it a five star rating. Can’t wait to read the next book in the series to find out what happens next.
Vanessa
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing series.

Anton and Nyx story was very intriguing from the very beginning and I am so glad that they found one another.
Sheree Murphy
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Must Read Series !!!!

Excellent series, very well written, if you love challenges, love and family this is a Book for you !!!! A must read !!!!
Sharon Noble
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant!

So glad that Anton & Nyx, sorted out all their problems & it was great to catch up with Molly too!
Selene Lake
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A+

By far the favorite in the series.
I loved the thriller/mystery components Dana weaved into the story line.
I'd read it again and again.
realeen duncan
Jul 24, 2018
Wanda Janzen
May 04, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Jason (Silverback Redemption #4)
  • Gunner (Silverback Redemption #1)
  • Killian (Silverback Redemption #3)
  • Wildfire Pegasus (Fire & Rescue Shifters: Wildfire Crew #4)
  • Lion on the Job (Paranormal Dating Agency, #21)
  • Real Men Hunt (Real Men Shift, #7)
  • Patrick (Silverback Redemption #2)
  • Real Men Claim (Real Men Shift, #6)
  • Dark Prince's Dilemma (The Children of the Gods #30)
  • Real Men Bite (Real Men Shift, #5)
  • Jake (Three Silverback Bears and a Baby #3)
  • Silver Dragon (Silver Shifters, #1)
  • Wildfire Sea Dragon (Fire & Rescue Shifters: Wildfire Crew #3)
  • Cherished Mate (Cybermates, #1)
  • Hounded (Fae Hell Hound's Fated Mates #1)
  • Alec (She-Shifters of Hell's Corner, #1)
  • Real Men Growl (Real Men Shift, #3)
  • Hero Bear (P.O.L.A.R., #2)
NOTE: Nancy does not monitor Goodreads. She spends her time focusing on writing "can't put down" books for her readers. If you have a question for her, please email her at:

nancy@nancycorriganauthor.com

Nancy also writes under the pen names: Dana Archer and Hayden Wolfe.

Shifter World: Royal-Kagan (8 books)
  • Treasured Find (Shifter World Royal Kagan, #1)
  • Beautiful Mistake (The Royal Shifters #2)
  • Favorite Obsession
  • Chance on Love (Shifter World: Royal-Kagan, #4)
  • Bridged by Love (Shifter World: Royal-Kagan #5)
  • Shared for Love (Shifter World: Royal-Kagan #6)
  • Last Chance (Royal-Kagan Shifter World, #7)