Start by marking “My Mother's Curse: A Journey Beyond Childhood Trauma” as Want to Read:
My Mother's Curse: A Journey Beyond Childhood Trauma

My Mother's Curse: A Journey Beyond Childhood Trauma

For fifty-seven years, she mostly kept it a secret.

As a child, Christine quickly learned that no one should ever know about her mother’s mental illness and obscene behavior. But now Christine does what her beloved daddy had told her that she would someday do—she tells the story of her traumatic childhood.

In this captivating memoir, filled with original poetry, letters, and
Published January 2020 by Laureate Life Press

To ask other readers questions about My Mother's Curse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Mother's Curse

Start your review of My Mother's Curse: A Journey Beyond Childhood Trauma
E.
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
I met Christine in 2003 during my first week as a youth minister at Royal Lane Baptist Church. She was a parent with two children in my youth group. I vividly remember the first time I met her, she was excited for my arrival, and greeted me with a big smile, warmth, and curiosity. She was a devoted and proud mother. As a teacher she set for herself high professional expectations, and I felt she expected the same of others who worked with teenagers and kids. I remember when she praised a program ...more
Patricia McNutt
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The author of this book is a dear friend. She has written the story of her life and showed much courage to share how childhood trauma impacts your life. Thanks for sharing your story to help others. You are an amazing, loving, and gifted individual. I am blessed to know you.
Kristyn Boyett