Start by marking “From the Heart” as Want to Read:
From the Heart

From the Heart

A novella-length collection of contemporary gay romance short stories previously published in the Heart2Heart Charity Anthologies. No new content has been added.

The Superhero and the NSA Agent follows FBI Agent Shane and cosplayer Damien as they find love through the Heart2Heart dating app where they each win a blind date that changes their lives forever.

In San Francis
Published January 22nd 2020 by Hailey Turner

To ask other readers questions about From the Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From the Heart

Start your review of From the Heart
Alex (HEABookNerd)
THE SUPERHERO AND THE NSA AGENT was really cute and really sexy! NSA agent Shane was bossy and sarcastic and a perfect opposites attract match for sweet, Superman cosplaying Damian. A blind date turns into a sexy night in for these two and while everything happens at light speed there's no denying the chemistry between Shane and Damian.

4 stars

-----------------------

SAN FRANCISCO starts off with a charity raffle that sends dog lover Bernard on a date with tech programmer Eliot. These two were ver
avid reader 1
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Not every author can pack so much action, emotion, and sexual tension into a short story. This author can. I read these three shorts a while back in the Heart2Heart collections, and I enjoyed them just as much this time around.

In “The Superhero and the NSA Agent," there is action, excitement, and “super-spicy” times. Damien and Shane are attractive, honorable, sexy, and lovable. Their interactions in so short a time are such that I could easily envision a long-lasting HEA.

In "San Francisco," B
Jaimed
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fun stories

These stories were so much fun to read. I've read them all before, but it was good to read them again.

The Superhero and the NSA Agent-
Damian and Shane are fun. They both need someone in their lives and while Shane thinks he's okay, he isn't against the hot superhero from the hospital.
This is a funny and cute story that you shouldn't miss.

San Francisco -
Bernard and Eloit have a nice meet-cute before they both ends up being winners of a free date. The guys are cute together and while
Kate00072
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fun, quick, super-sexy, 5-stars

After reading a few angsty, action tales in a row, I needed something light, fun, quick, and super sexy. I'm a fan of Hailey Turner and of the Heart2Heart anthologies, but somehow, I'd only read one of these three stories previously and it was well worth a reread.

My favorite, and a new read to me, was the first story of Shane and Damian. Throw in my love of action and law enforcement, add some light-hearted banter, work partners, and superheroes, and I was totally
Grace
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Read the last two shorts in the original Heart2Heart Anthologies, so I'm just copying my original reviews here. Only one I'd not yet read was the first.

The Superhero and the NSA Agent: 4.5 stars
UNFF, this one was super hot! I smidge rushed, but really just barely, and I really liked the characters and the connection.

San Francisco - 2 stars
Both won. Meh chemistry.

The Top Shelf: 4 stars
This one was really sweet. Fun concept, super hot, great chemistry. Each chapter ends on such a good ending note
Teeny
The Superhero and the NSA Agent: 4 stars
Fleshed out characters in a cute, funny and deliciously sexy story with connection, chemistry and a believable HEA.

San Francisco: 2 stars
If a guy brings me a drink from the bar then I'm thinking it's spiked! There was little story of the characters background, no connection or chemistry and no HEA, only a tentative HFN.

The Top Shelf: 3 stars
I'm gonna assume that the Heart2Heart does some kind of in depth background check on its members 'cos there was no w
Jade
May 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 - 4 Stars

I really enjoyed these from Hailey Turner. Different to the chaos she is usually causing with her characters heh. Although there was still some chaos!

These are three short stories so yes, they do move quite quickly but it's expected with novella/short stories and I felt like I still got to know the characters in the small amount of time we get with them.

Shane and Damien were my faves.
Jenn (not Lily)
Aug 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku, anthologies
I really need to get around to reading all the Heart2Heart stories someday...
MariF
Janeylou
Feb 11, 2022 rated it really liked it
Mary
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
just wish they were longer!
Shirley
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Pretty good!!

Too short though! Good stories. Even though I had read one of them before, it was still a good read!!
Kathy
Apr 30, 2022
Maria Lima
Jan 27, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• Iris (Mike Bravo Ops, #1)
  • Tempting Fate (Love in Eden #1.5)
  • The Last Text
  • The Easy Way (The Way Home #1)
  • Puck Drills & Quick Thrills (CU Hockey, #5)
  • Shifting Shadows (Metal & Magic #2)
  • Davo
  • Open Encounters (Kink Chronicles, #2)
  • Snowflake Kisses (Snowed In - Valentine’s Inc. #6; The Men of River Gorge, #2)
  • Whit (Unexpected, #1)
  • I Believe in a Thing Called Love
  • Off Key (Whispering Key, #3)
  • Texas Branded (Texas Soul, #4)
  • Don't Judge (Nothing Special, #4)
  • The Spooky Life (The Spectral Files #4)
  • Make Snow Mistake (Snowed In - Valentine's Inc. #1)
  • Jason's Justice (Delta Force: Team Panther #7)
  • Paper Snowflakes (Snowed In - Valentine's Inc. #2)
Hailey Turner is a big city girl who likes to spoil her cats rotten. She writes science fiction and fantasy with lots of action, epic plots, and romantic relationships that satisfy the heart. Hailey lives in sunny California when she isn’t adding stamps to her passport.

To keep up-to-date with Hailey's future projects, join her mailing list, where you can download free Metahuman Files and Soulbound