Start by marking “Reborn Yesterday (Phenomenal Fate, #1)” as Want to Read:
Reborn Yesterday (Phenomenal Fate, #1)

Reborn Yesterday

(Phenomenal Fate #1)

A timeless love story with bite.

It was a night like any other for funeral home director Ginny Lynn, until the exceptionally handsome—and unfortunately deceased—young man on her embalming table sat up, opened his emerald eyes and changed the course of her life forever, making her feel quite fluttery while he was at it.

Humans aren't supposed to know Jonas Cantrell, or any v

Published March 17th 2020 by Tessa Bailey (first published March 16th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Reborn Yesterday, please sign up.
Court no cliffhanger. there are three main male characters, one of whom was in this book. so i'm thinking there will be three total - one for each man and h…moreno cliffhanger. there are three main male characters, one of whom was in this book. so i'm thinking there will be three total - one for each man and his partner.(less)

Start your review of Reborn Yesterday (Phenomenal Fate, #1)
Heather
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I need more asap. This is everything I needed and wanted in a vampire romance.
I want to reread 10 times again already.
Gah Jonas swoon...Ginny was such an amazing character and the side characters?
So so glad she is continuing on with this series. I NEED MORE
CristiinaReads❀
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books
A brand new sub-genre to Tessa, that has once again not disappointed but has brought tears and angst to a wonderfully written paranormal romance story...

Will you all be truly surprised if I ever write a negative review for any of Tessa's books? Nope, because that day won't be happening any time soon! Tessa has surprised all her readers when she announced that she would be releasing a paranormal romance. I remember when she first told me when we were sitting down at a pub for lunch during a b
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
2.5 STARS
I've been thinking on my rating for this book for weeks. And now as I'm posting my review, I'm still torn. Did I like it? Kind of.

Here's the thing, guys. I love and I mean LOVE all things Tessa Bailey. When I see a new Tessa book, I don't even bother to read the blurb. I know I'll be reading it. And when I saw that she's writing in a new genre for her? I was ALL over it. But here's another thing. PNR is my first love. It was THE genre that got me into romance. So to say that I'm picky
Chelsea Humphrey
Mar 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chelsea by: Storiesandcoffee
This was such a fun read! While it did have some mystery and dark aspects, this overall felt like a light paranormal rom-com, similar to the Sookie Stackhouse series. Can't wait to read about Roksana and Elias next. ...more
Isabella. R
4 Death Girl Stars ⭐

Reborn Yesterday was the perfect change of pace I didn't know I needed. With Tessa Bailey's signature dirty talking alphas and quirky heroines, this book had an amusing twist on the paranormal trope. Bought on a whim, I am so pleased that I did.

Our darling Ginny was a mess in the best possible way. A mortician by night and a budding seamstress by day, friends and companionship are almost non existent. When you start talking to dead people, well actually dead bodies, any distr
Nicola
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads
Vampire romances have been around in their droves for years, it’s no secret I love them and Tessa Bailey has taken it and put her own stamp right on it.

description Watching you two is better than pretending to be a lost virgin to bait vampires.”

In true Bailey-style this hot and steamy, paranormal rom-com does indeed contain a man with a mouth on him, but becomes so much more after mortician Ginny finds her latest corpse suddenly very much alive on her embalming table. The sparks between her and Jona
Aisling Zena

22/4/20

I wanna do a review for this as I loved it and I love Tessa Bailey. But I'm feeling very drained and rundown at the moment so I'm gonna try doing it later. I enjoyed reading it and couldn't put it down all day and now I want to re-read it. The romance felt really transcendent to me. I cannot wait to read the next book! Tessa Bailey toned down the dirty talk a bit in this one due to the nature of the two protagonists. I loved it anyway though as it suited the overall tone of the b
Nenia ✨ I yeet my books back and forth ✨ Campbell
Summary: *is about vampires*

Cover: *is the chick-littiest chick lit that ever chick litted*

Me: ...I'm... confused
Holly
DNF @ 40%

This is reading too much like a YA novel for me. What could have been an interesting character - a 25 year old woman who owns her own funeral/mortuary business, is instead watered down. She falls into insta-lust, has a quirky 'I speak my thoughts outloud sometimes, oops!' personality, and seemingly is unable to have any meaningful relationships in her life. Ugh. If the character was 17 I could deal with these things, but a 25 year old? No. Pass.
Lana Reads
Never have I ever skimmed that much in a book by an author I used to love. It feels like a new low.

Ginny was this perfect 25 year old virgin who never tried a beer in her life, designed dresses for fun, and watched old movies; and yet appeared to be the saddest creature with zero personality, who thought people were her friends after spending three days with them and behaved like a 17 year old in most situations.
PS. Thinking out loud is not endearing, Ginny.

Jonas, a vampire, was born around 90 y
lazybookconqueror
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020books, arc, paranormal
Twilight meets Pushing Daisies with an extra dose of edge.

It's been a while since I've read a fun take on paranormal/vampire romance. Tessa Bailey delivers a great story that will keep you entertained from page 1. Ginny Lynn works at a funeral home, known as death girl in her community, she has difficulty in making friends and feels like there's something missing in her life. That's until one handsome man arrives at her funeral parlor. He's the most gorgeous man she's ever seen, it's too bad tha
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
<3 5 stars <3

I don't read often anymore books with vampires so this one was a nice surprise!I love Tessa Bailey's writing so I would read whatever she writes!I devour this one, it was unique ,fun, heartwarming and brilliant!

description

I loved the characters and the romance was something else!Reborn Yesterday grabbed me from the first page and I couldn't get enough of this story! Ginny and Jonas make me swoon!She is a cute and sweet heroine and he is sexy and so swoon worthy hero!

This was a nice surprise an
✰ Liz ✰
"Please forgive me for the pain..."
description

Reborn Yesterday is the first book in the Phenomenal Fate Series. Being a fan of Tessa Bailey and Paranormal Romance of course this was one read I could not help but dive into. Ginny Lynn is a mortician running her deceased father's funeral home. After losing everything, the only thing Ginny has is her love for creating dresses and her ability to be comfortable and calm working with the dead. When Jonas Cantrell inadvertently ends up in her morgue, Ginny is
Stacey is Sassy
Apr 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't see this one coming...

Reading romance is one of my favourite things to do. It's even more of a pleasure when I get surprised by what I'm reading. This story was not at all what I was expecting. Tessa Bailey has written an original story filled with love, humour, passion and strength. The characters were a joy to meet and I definitely want more from this world I was introduced to.

I absolutely loved Ginny and Jonas together and thought their love story played out perfectly. Yes, I thought
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
3.5-4 stars!! I loved Jonas and Ginny - if you love Tessa’s contemporaries, you will more than likely fall in love with these two. We’ve got an alpha, obsessed hero and a quirky, adorable heroine (who’s a freaking mortician!), both of which Tessa can write fabulously. It’s just that this time, one’s a vampire and they both happen to be fated mates. But as much as I adored these characters, I wanted the vampire world to be fleshed out a little bit more because I see so much potential in it! Still ...more
Jennifer Kyle
Mar 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
Somia
Jun 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Ginny I have to say I really liked, she's lovely and quirky. She's a mortician who likes making/designing clothes on the side. When she meets handsome and tormented vampire Jonas she's not willing to have him just walk out of her life after he's zapped her memories of him away. There are rules that prevent humans knowing about vampires, and Jonas knows he should stay away, but he's drawn to the innocent and charming Ginny, and as danger stalks her, he battles with his desire to be with her and t ...more
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Jun 25, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: june-2020
REAL RATING; 1.5

this book was not it. it was so boring at times and it was very insta-love. Just because they're mates, Jonas becomes aggressively obsessive and possessive and I'm supposed to find that hot? It happened too fast for me. I also did not care for the plot and how much danger she was in. Let her die. I don't care. It was just so boring????

Note: I am a fan of Tessa Bailey's contemporary romance fiction.
Leticia (jerseygirl)
"'You don’t know this, love, but I would kill, steal and die for you. There is nothing to fear.'"
I was not prepared for this book. I really wasn't. I felt the pull of both characters right away, but once I got halfway through it I just couldn't stop myself until I knew how it ended.
And it was so much more than I expected!

"Movies that celebrated a time when men kissed women like they meant it and a glance across the room could speak volumes. Or spark a love affair."
Jonas really is a total dreambo
Whitney

Before I jump straight into Reborn Yesterday and all its goody goodness, I have to say something. TESSA, I LOVE YOU! Is that creepy? Sorry, not sorry. She stepped out of her comfort zone and brought us a paranormal romance and it was fang-tastic. Once again - sorry, not sorry.

Reborn Yesterday dropped yesterday, but I was one of the lucky ones that received an ARC so that I can tell you people to READ IT NOW.

Ginny isn't your average young adult. Since her father passed, she spends he
Malene
Mar 08, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, pnr, vampires
Paranormal romance and vampires. A combination that can’t go wrong. I enjoyed Ginny, Jonas and his friends. Ginny and Jonas’ first meeting in the morgue was great and the dialogue and interaction between them worked great. Ginny was an interesting character also because of her behavior towards vampires and the unexpected. That was refreshing. Jonas was intriguing and I couldn’t wait to get to know him. He was a good guy who wanted to do the right thing for Ginny no matter how she made him feel.

J
Carol
3.5 stars.🌟🌟🌟

I just might need to think awhile before I review this book.
This really was the most quirky paranormal romance that I have read so far...almost an oddity in fact .... I mean in terms of comparing it to other Vampire romances that I have previously read...but I really did kinda like it and enjoy it..... I am definitely interested in reading the next book in this aptly titled Phenomenal Fate series : "This Time Tomorrow".

I just heard this book referred to as a romantic comedy and mayb
Vashti
Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
A rom com pnr done the Tessa Bailey way and I liked it!!!
What's not to like when the heroine is a mortician, and the hero a 90 plus years old vampire.
Wendy Darling
Jun 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
What can I say, I’m a sucker for a sexy vampire. Bonus: it’s surprisingly funny! When people aren’t getting killed and whatnot.
Stacie
3+ "Silence" Stars!

I didn't love it like I thought I would, but I do still love the cover. The story was campy or quirky or something I didn't quite love. But the characters were likable and Jonas could do sweet dirty talk like a champ! I do love me a dirty talker! Happy reading!!
Sentranced Jem
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4-5-stars
Reborn Yesterday is a paranormal rom-com...you read that right. A paranormal romantic comedy.

Those who know me know that I am a sucker for paranormal romance. I've read only two books by Tessa Bailey, which I have enjoyed but I have to say,when I read that she was writing a PNR,I was like "A PNR? Really?".
Suffice to say, I was sceptical yet intrigued.

Ginny is a mortician. And her quirky personality captures the reader from the get go.
Jones is your hot. That's all I can say. He's hot AF.

I real
Aila
Think it's like a 2.5 stars

REBORN YESTERDAY had a lot of things going for it in the beginning. The dialogue was really witty, the opening scenario was wholesome, silly, and fun, and the main character had spark. The more I read, however, the more downhill it went.

I don't think this book is BAD per se, but I definitely think it could have been better . The author has a great opening, where the main character Ginny finds herself looking at a dead-turned-real body of a good-looking man and feel
One chapter more
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was ok
DNF at 60 %

I feel like I am missing a huge chunk of a story here and am simply not enjoying it at all.

I love Tessa Bailey but this book was not for me. I didn't feel the writing, the vampire concept, the storyline... Even the rhythm of the plot was a bit off. But I did take the 'tack it away for another day' quote for future reference 😂😂😂 not sure what my Boo is going to think about that though 🤣🤔
Gi's Spot Reviews
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc

4.5 'I Revere You' Stars

O.M.G! Reborn Yesterday completely blew my PNR loving mind! So engagingly peculiar, sizzlingly sexy, effortlessly intriguing and mysterious! From the incredible world building to the extremely heart touching and complex characters,  I was ENGAGED beyond belief. I neither wanted to put it down, nor for it to finish, that's how BRILLIANT Ms. Bailey's first PNR is! Utterly fantastical!

I was going to go with my standard review type, bu
Monica (crazy_4_books)
Well, I gave Tessa Bailey another chance and now I'm done with this woman
She writes adult characters who behave like teenagers. Don't get me started with the female lead Ginny, a 24-year old virgin that acts like an 18-year old (which would make more sense if she were a virgin at 18 than at 24). The vampire, Jonas (that's not a sexy name for a vampire in the XXI century) starts fine, even likable, but once they fuck, he starts talking and reacting like a teenage jealous boyfriend...Let's just sa
Goodreads Librari...: Adding Book Location 2 13 Jun 04, 2020 10:17AM

• The Best Thing
  • One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)
  • The Other People
  • Yours in Scandal (Man of the Year, #1)
  • Kulti
  • Together We Caught Fire
  • Lingus
  • Mr. Masters (Mr. Series, #1)
  • Bound by Honor (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #1)
  • The Best Laid Plans
  • Catching Him (How to Catch an Alpha #1)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • Notice
  • People Like Us
  • Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc, #5)
  • The Bad Guy
  • The Last Heist (Pretty Thieves #1)
  • Swink (Landry Family, #5)

Phenomenal Fate (3 books)
  • This Time Tomorrow (Phenomenal Fate, #2)
  • Today Tomorrow and Always (Phenomenal Fate, #3)