Start by marking “Murder on Fleet Street (Ginger Gold Mysteries #12)” as Want to Read:
Murder on Fleet Street (Ginger Gold Mysteries #12)

Murder on Fleet Street

(Ginger Gold Mysteries #12)

Murder's a Deadly Secret

Mrs. Ginger Reed—the former Lady Gold—thought her past was dead and buried, but when the mysterious death of a British secret service agent threatens to expose her own Great War secrets, she’s faced with an unimaginable dilemma: break her legal vow to the Official Secrets Act or join the agency again, something she’s loathe to do.

Because once they

Published 2019

To ask other readers questions about Murder on Fleet Street, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder on Fleet Street

Start your review of Murder on Fleet Street (Ginger Gold Mysteries #12)
JoAn
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Murder on Fleet Street by Lee Strauss is the latest book in the Ginger Gold Mysteries and it was a fantastic addition to the series.

Ginger's past service during WWI comes back to haunt her on seveal levels in this story. Ms. Strauss' descriptive writing of Ginger's London world always lures me in and keeps me glued to the pages. A quickly paced plot with several twists that took the story from a murder mystery into the shadowy world of spies and treachery. The final chapter leaves Ginger fans
Merry Chapman
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ginger has a very secretive past that even her husband doesn't know about. During WWI she was an operative for the British Secret Service and when Lord Whitmore gets murdered, not only does Basil have to solve the murder, but Ginger is drawn back into service by her handler much to her chagrin, to find out who the murderer is as well, without letting on to her husband. This is a very dangerous situation as the service wants her to infiltrate a Russian terror group who is trying to make an inroad ...more
Shirley
A Past Encounter

Murder on Fleet Street has Ginger entangled once again with the British Secret Service with whom she worked during the war. She did not want to get involved but when an agent is murdered she is brought back into service to find his killer and finish his mission to find the Communist Cell.

She is not allowed to tell anyone, not even her husband who is the police inspector. This is most concerning to her as she works with him on cases all the time and doesn’t like keeping secrets
Bonnie Clevenger
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ginger Reed had been pulled back into the secret service, after the murder of their neighbor Lord Whitmore.
Working along side of Basil, her husband, also being the chief inspector of Scotland Yard, but a little deeper in than Basil's knowledge, she is recruited by Captain Smithwick.
Lord Whitmore was investigating the communist party undercover and ends up dead. Electrocuted in the bathtub of his current mistress's bathtub, Miss Darby, who has ties with the Russian cell, trying to infiltrate
Jennifer Eccles
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love all the Ginger Gold series of 1920s Murder mysteries, but Murder on Fleet Street is simply the best yet. Exciting, intriguing, unexpected - a plot that kept me reading way too late because I just couldn’t put it down. And now I want to start from the beginning and read it all over again!

For those of us who have come to know and love the characters in the Ginger Gold mysteries, the developments here are very satisfying :) And I love the collision of Ginger’s present with her past in the
Helen Drake
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the most exciting book yet in the Ginger Gold Series. This time Ginger’s past with the British Secret Service is coming into her current life..

People are dying and Ginger has an idea why but she can’t tell Basil. There are some secrets she can’t reveal to those she loves.

Along the way Scout is adopted by Ginger and Basil and is learning to act as a member of the family and Felicia is having her normal relationship issues

As is her custom in this Series, Lee Strauss has included a social
Jean Curran
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Thrilling Addition to the Ginger Gold Mystery Series

I have thoroughly enjoyed every Ginger Gold book that I have read but I think Murder on Fleet Street is my favourite thus far. The setting, the fashions, the mystery plot and the humour and romance are all delightful. Ginger is the perfect heroine and the villains are suitably dastardly. The supporting characters are wonderfully authentic and relatable. It was especially satisfying to be able to fill in a few blanks from the war years when
Catherine
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Past Is Not Finished

Ginger’s life has settled into a satisfying groove. Scout is doing well as her adopted son, her businesses are flourishing plus she & Basil are even deeper in love. Enter once again Captain Smithwick who was Ginger’s boss during WWI in France while she was a British agent. Playing on her oath to the secret service & her duty to the Crown, Smithwick presses Ginger to infiltrate a Communist cell. Reluctantly Ginger agrees. When Basil’s investigation into the murder
Teri Donaldson
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite series. Every time I start a Ginger Gold book, I'm prepared to curl up on the couch and just keep reading until the end.
This wonderful book weaves in Ginger's past, one that her darling husband does not know about. A mystery woven in with beautiful fashions and lots of love between Ginger and Basil. It kept me guessing right up until the end and oh what an ending it was. I hope Ms. Strauss is already hard at work on the next book in the series!
This book can easily be
Anne G. Kasaba
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This series keeps getting better and better! The characters are true to period and have a depth not seen at the series start.

Ginger Reed formerly Lady Gold generally helps out her husband, Inspector Reed, as an informal consultant on his homicide cases. But when she is contacted by her former handler from her secret service days and pressed into service again, she is forced to keep secrets from Basil which could destroy her marriage.

I received an arc of this book and voluntarily provided a
Susan Stokell
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great read by Lee Strauss. Another delightful volume in the Lady Gold series.
More details of the 1920s are shown in this novel. From the adoption of Scout made possible by the adoption act, the SIS,communism and the National strike started by the miners.
Ginger is dragged into working for the SIS again following the murder of one of their agents. Ginger reluctantly agrees to infiltrate a terrorist cell.
As usual all works out in the end.
Be sure to read beyond the end for a delightful
Alisha Henri
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Murder, Bolsheviks, & Intrigue

I was delighted to rejoin Lady Ginger Gold, now Mrs. Basil Reed and her family, fo!lowing her through more investigation and mystery surrounding the murder of a lord at the time of Communist rabble-rousing and strikes, as well as the reappearance of a decidedly unwelcome man from her past. As always the characters are real and fascinating and the mysteries intriguing. The resolution to the entire story is surprising and satisfying, ending with wonderful news and
Debbie Elholm
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I normally read noir style mysteries which take place during the late 30s thru the early 50s. But I am enjoying what I call the historical mystery. This book takes place after WWI. Ginger and her husband, Basil are investigating the murder of a lord who Ginger knew during WWI. During the investigation Ginger’s past catches up to her, forcing her to go undercover and lie to poor Basil. The ending has a nice surprise.

I was given an ARC from the author for my honest review.
Doreen
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent!

Basil and Ginger have a party to celebrate their adoption of Scout as their legal son. After this , everything seems to fall apart. Basil is working to solve the murder of a peer, who was Secret Service, while Ginger gets pulled back into undercover work for the Secret Service. It is May, 1926, so England is dealing with strikes, social unrest, rise of Communism, and lack of work!
Mary Byrnes
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the Ginger Gold mysteries

This was another good Ginger Gold mystery. I love the characters and the setting. And of course all the fashion references. Can't wait for the next book in the series. In the meantime I have the first Rosa Reed mystery to read. Plus the next Higgins and Hawke mystery.
Janice Drake
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is another great book in the Ginger Gold mystery series. I loved it. Ginger's stories are so much fun and good mysteries. I love the characters and the historic setting. It makes the story so much better. I highly recommend the series.

I received this book as an ARC and wished to leave a review.
Debra Belmudes
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is fun historical cozy taking place in post-Great War England, focusing on the adventures of Lady Ginger Gold as she transitions from a Great War widow to wife the the Chief Inspector of Scotland. Ginger is bold, sassy and highly independent and that leads her to many adventures. I look forward to reading more in the Ginger Gold series!
Bev
Shelves: have-read
This story gives the reader more information about Lady Gold's past. The storyline is perfect and moves along at a wonderful pace and yet lets the reader absorb the information. Then choices must be made that can change everything that Lady Gold was determined never to do again. Does she or doesn't she? You will need to read the book to find out. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Jeannie Huie
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lee Strauss is an excellent author!! Every book I've read by her has been well-written, the characters are so believable, the setting so perfectly presented, and the book very exciting! Each book leaves me looking forward to reading her next book!!
Polina Posner
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Honestly can't believe it's #12!
The book flows and delves into the world of international intrigue and murder, as Ginger is drawn back into her secret service past. Some hard decisions have to be made and several murders to be solved - will Ginger and a Basil survive this latest mystery? Read on!
Teri Lawson Stricklin
5 stars

I love this series. I hope the fact that there is a new series about their daughter doesn't mean the end to this one. While I'm sure I'll love the Rose Reed series, I would truly miss this one.
Susan Rennie
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series because I learn a lot about WWI...

I love this series because I learn a lot about WWI and into the 1920s. Great characterization. And the changing of the aristocracy, a hard change for them.

Vicki O.
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I so enjoy these cozy mysteries. I've come to love the characters and with each book we learn a little more about their history. I've been in a low mood lately and Ginger and Basil lift my spirits. IF I say anything about the story, I will give it away so just read and enjoy.
Carol
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This author never disappoints! Thoroughly enjoyed the complex characters, the era, and the mystery. Another page turner that keeps you guessing!
Cher
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loving this series of mystery and intrigue. By far the best in the series as we learn more about Ginger’s past during the war years. And a fabulous surprise ending!
Marsha
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A satisfying end to an enjoyable series. Not Agatha Christie but good reads, generally. I look forward to the spinoffs.
Vicki Nichols
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great one featuring the amazing Ginger Gold Reed.
KEVIN YOUNG
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely brilliant book once again from Lee. Was hooked from beginning to end once again. The characters and story line superb, get it Now.
Carol Bain
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

As always, Lee Strauss gives us a great mystery along with a taste of 1920's England and, this time , a delightful cliffhanger.
Kandy
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When Ginger's past comes back she must make a decision that may change her life. Another great book in this series. Always very descriptive with great characters.

• Love & Murder: A Violet Carlyle Historical Mystery
  • Hijinks & Murder (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #18)
  • Murder and a Christmas Gift: A 1920s Historical Cozy Mystery (An Evie Parker Mystery Book 7)
  • Murder by Midnight (A Miss Alice Murder Mystery Book 1)
  • Murder in the Evening (A Miss Alice Murder Mystery Book 2)
  • A Body Among the Roses: A 1920s Mystery (Mrs. Lillywhite Investigates Book 4)
  • Murder at the Dolphin Hotel (A Miss Underhay Mystery #1)
  • A Jolly Little Murder (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #17)
  • The Last Minute Murder: A 1920s Mystery Romance (Lola Rose Mysteries Book Five)
  • Murder in the Third Act: A 1920s Historical Cozy Mystery (An Evie Parker Mystery Book 6)
  • Murder in the Shadows (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #16)
  • Aunt Bessie Wonders (An Isle of Man Cozy Mystery Book 23)
  • A Burglary In Belgravia (The Lady Eleanor Mysteries Book 2)
  • A Poisoning In Piccadilly (The Lady Eleanor Mysteries Book 1)
  • Murder at the Masquerade Ball (Rose Simpson Mysteries #9)
  • Murder by Candlelight (A Miss Alice Murder Mystery Book 3)
  • Murder at the Seaside Hotel: A 1920's Historical Cozy Mystery (An Evie Parker Mystery Book 5)
  • Murder in the Cards: A 1920s Historical Cozy Mystery (An Evie Parker Mystery Book 4)
For fans of Golden Age who-dun-its ~ from a USA TODAY Bestselling author!

You'll adore Lady Gold from the acclaimed Ginger Gold Mysteries series, and the spin of series, Higgins & Hawke.

Look for the connected 1950s era ROSA REED MYSTERIES!

Sign up for Lee's newsletter and get EXCLUSIVE access to Ginger Gold's Journal!

Ginger Gold Mysteries (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Murder on the SS Rosa
  • Murder at Hartigan House
  • Murder at Bray Manor (Ginger Gold Mysteries #3)
  • Murder at Feathers & Flair
  • Murder at the Mortuary
  • Murder at Kensington Gardens
  • Murder at St. George's Church (Ginger Gold Mysteries #7)
  • Murder Aboard the Flying Scotsman (Ginger Gold Mystery #8)
  • Murder at the Boat Club: a cozy 1920s murder mystery (A Ginger Gold Mystery)
  • Murder on Eaton Square (A Ginger Gold Mystery, #10)