Start by marking “Valkyrie's Oath (The Valkyrie Games, #1)” as Want to Read:
Valkyrie's Oath (The Valkyrie Games, #1)

Valkyrie's Oath

(The Valkyrie Games #1)

Librarian note: An older edition of this book can be found here.

Brynhild is on track to graduate as the star Valkyrie of her class, a choice that was made for her. She's never had much reason to rebel until a new Banshee teacher starts at the Afterlife Academy and shows her a glimpse of a different life.

Valkyrie's Oath is the first paranormal book in The Heir Of The East
Published January 2020 by Amazon Digital Services (first published December 1st 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Valkyrie's Oath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Valkyrie's Oath

Start your review of Valkyrie's Oath (The Valkyrie Games, #1)
Susie
May 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Susie by: Booksprout

Booked By Random

*I received a free digital ARC via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.*

Well…

My ambiguous title is due to my mixed impressions. I was so confused when I started the book that I hated the first couple of chapters. Well, hate might be a bit strong, but I disliked it. Even up to the point of the MC becoming attracted to a new teacher. Eurgh! It just wasn’t for me at that moment.

But then, something happened. I left it a day and, when I restarted, I just had to read further. I we
Heather Bane
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this to be a wonderfully written story. I enjoyed the characters and the storyline. My attention was grabbed from the beginning of the story. I would recommend reading.

Phoebe
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brynhild is the Heir to the East, but a catastrophic event might change all that.

Brynhild has it all. She is the Heir to the East and everyone respects her from the teachers to her classmates. Stina is her best friend and has her back no matter what. She has two loyal companions in Alija and Heike. Add in her wolf and everything is perfect. She is “perfect”. Then why does she feel slightly “off”.

The world starts to shift slightly with the hiring of a silent Banshee teacher that Bryn cannot seem
Kaye
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ONE FANTASTIC JOURNEY!!!
Engaging! Arizona not only hit the motherload, she blew the vault wide open, throwing this little fella into the eye of the storm, breaking it down, blowing into a tailspin with astonishing impacts, blasting this baby to life beautifully. A tumultuous wild ride with a bevy of surprising events, blasts all of your emotions into play perfectly. This little fella maybe quick, but there ain't nothing short about it, nothing feels cut off or in any way rushed. Ramping all the
Naurarwen
Brynhild has it all at the Afterlife Academy, she's on track to graduate at the top of her class, she has the respect of her teachers and fellow students alike, is the heir of the East and after her grandmamma, she will become the Matriarch of her district. But after a new teacher arrives in the form of Banshee Thea MacKinnon, Bryn can't seem to get the alluring Banshee out of her head. After the Academy is suddenly attacked people's attitudes toward Bryn suddenly start to change, but even Bryn ...more
Billie
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Valkyrie's Oath is the first paranormal book in The Heir Of The East duology and is set in the Afterlife Academy. The earlier, shorter version was previously titled Valkyrie's Chaos and was part of the Magic and Mayhem anthology.
Rest in Series:
#1: Valkyrie's
Douglas Williamson
Destiny is a pain in the butt. High expectations and no one asks what you want. Just ask our heroine.

This is a paranormal fantasy story with a bit of a romance/reverse harem theme. Like all of the stories I have read by this author, the story is well written and easy to read, but set in a complex and well detailed world. This one is related to the Afterlife Academy series, but they are not directly linked. The characters in this story are both mysterious and well crafted at the same time, with b
Aimee Bower
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bryn is living a life she feels like she has no choice in. With her being heir, other expectations are high for her. While the teacher has everyone out to work with their dust wolves, something bad happens. Instead of staying, she flees to the veil. Once she comes back, she learns that her friend, is severely injured and not awake.
While this goes on Bryn is interested in how banshee's communicate due her banshee teacher. Bryn will get information on banshees and their form of communications. Bry
Christina Luberts
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This would be a good story for young adults. Brynhild has a lot on her shoulders, being The Heir Of The East. She has four great friends. They have a new teacher who is a Banshee and not a Valkyrie. She is curious about her. When things take a turn and a friend is hurt she is doubting her self. Can she forgive herself? Should she give up her heir position? Will her Grandma disown her? What is really going on? Can her teacher help her? What is going on with her friends?

I received a free copy of t
Andra Shaw
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Valkyrie's Oath is a paranormal tale that has suspense and a couple of plot twists. The Valkyrie initially seem a bit superficial but as the story goes on it becomes clear that there is more going on than meets the eye. Some of what occurs is predictable and there seems to be something brewing between the the Heir of the East wind and another character. There is also underlying shady stuff going on that must be figured out. All and all not a bad story, just did not keep me engaged.

I received a f
Marie Fraser
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It was well written and the characters and story were well developed. I loved the individual character personalities and seeing them grow through the book. The story was excellent. It had action, suspense, intrigue and emotion. I look forward to the next book in this series!! I’d highly recommend this book!!

Emily
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Valkyrie’s Oath is an interesting story. Bryn is a top student at the Valkyrie Academy when a new teacher is hired - a Banshee. This in itself is different, and then one of her friends is hurt and things start spiralling. This story is full of action and adventure and has a few interesting twists along the way. I recommend this book to anyone who likes YA PNR!

Scarolet Ellis
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Valkyrie's Oath by Arizona Tape is a wonderful story to read. This is book number one in this wonderful start to a brand new series that I have fallen in love with and can not wait to read book number two. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about fantasy and paranormal romances.

mia
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, I'd just read the first couple of books in the Afterlife series and fell in love with the valkyries. This series promises to be every bit as addictive and exciting, with characters you can idenitfy with and wonderful world building. I can't wait for the next book in the series! ...more
Betina Clark
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great start to a new series. Intriguing storyline and engaging characters that will keep you reading until the end.

Tera Comer
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Brand new series by a great author! This was written so well that I felt that I was watching the characters from right beside them at times. The world building and storyline pulled me in from the start and didn't let me go til the end. I can not wait to read more of this series. ...more
Michelle
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020, arc, booksprout-arc
Valkyrie's Oath is book one and a great start to The Heir of the East duology. There are interesting characters, twists and turns and an ending that left me wanting to read the next book. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book. ...more
Aimee Dennis
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
The Valkyrie Games has kicked off with a bang. Read it in one sitting and anxious to get my hands on the next in this series. Definitely worth the read.

Whitney
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting new author to the pnr genre. Great read engaging characters loved the book at least give this a go it is definitely worth the read

Pat
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fab read throughout, couldn’t put this book down. Characters were great and superbly written. Totally captivating
Jennine McWilliams
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Original.
l do seem to be drawn to paranormal school series. After finishing this one l am keen to read/listen to more by this author.  The narrator does the different characters voices really well.
Amanda
Feb 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is a really fun story. I love that it's focused on Bryn's time at the academy. The story line pulled me in and I enjoyed the characters.
Dawn Milligan
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy Arizona's style! Her books are always well written ! I enjoyed the characters and cannt wait to see what's next in this series!!😍😍 ...more
Theanticharles007
Dec 13, 2019
Kristen
rated it it was ok
Feb 02, 2020

• Year One (Shifter Falls Academy, #1)
  • 'Ink it Over (A Touch of Ink, #1)
  • Queens of Wings & Storms
  • Demon Study (Grimway Academy, #1)
  • Fae Academy: Captive
  • Her First Demon
  • Shadowborn Prison (Dark Fae Paranormal Prison, #1)
  • Soul of Siren
  • Forbidden Magic (Dark Falls Academy, #1)
  • Awakener
  • Of Destiny and Illusions (Thunderbird Academy Book 2)
  • Wicked Blaze Correctional (The Wronged, #1)
  • Curiosity (Lughnasadh Elite Academy 2)
  • Submitting for Business
  • A Reverse Harem Romance Collection
  • Love Bitten (Vampire Blood Royals, #1)
  • Sexiled: My Sexist Party Leader Kicked Me Out, So I Teamed Up With a Mythical Sorceress! Volume 2
  • Toil & Trouble (Mystic Hallows Harem)
Arizona Tape is quite a chaotic, young adult that shares her house with a cactus plant and has sleep dates with her bed. She makes up stories in her head all the time like a crazy person and occasionally writes them down too. But only if the mood is right.

In her spare time, she enjoys discovering new places with her friends, making all kinds of food as she waltzes through her kitchen like a tornad

The Valkyrie Games (2 books)
  • Valkyrie's Choice (The Heir of the East Duology, #2)