Start by marking “Doctor Dearest” as Want to Read:

Natalie

Dr. Easton is part man, part myth.
He’s a formidable surgeon. Highly respected in his field.
He also happens to be an ex-collegiate quarterback with a classically handsome face.
Are you catching on yet?
He’s horrible.
Beautiful.
A walking Ralph Lauren ad.
He’s also so off limits he should come with a warning label: This way lies heartache.

Not only is he an attending at
Kindle Edition
Published February 6th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Dearest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Dearest

Start your review of Doctor Dearest
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Providded by Author}

A small part of me will always think of him as unattainable. A man I’ve had a crush on for years. A man I’ve watched and wanted from afar. A man who’s friends with my older brother and therefore, inherently off-limits.

Natalie and Connor are doctors at the same hospital. Connor has also been Natalie’s supervisor in the past, but now she’s finished her fifth year of residency and she is starting as an attending in the BICU. This is not their
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 stars

Such a great story , I loved Connor and Natalie! They have a great banter which was entertain most of the times!They have a great chemistry and they make me swoon and laugh a lot!

I had a hard time connecting with Natalie at the beginning and this was my only problem!Connor was something else! I couldn’t get enough of him!! However, while I continue reading I find myself liking Natalie more and enjoying the story !

Overall, it was another heartwarming story!

Warda
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Can’t believe I’m rating this 2 stars, but this was such a lukewarm story, with hardly any depth, or character development, chemistry or the humour I’ve come to love in the author’s novels.

————————

Happy release day to R.S. Grey, rom-com queen.

Buddy-reading with my fellow R.S. Grey fanatic, Türkan!
Brooke — brooklynnnnereads
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, ebooks
Every time I pick up an R.S. Grey novel, it never fails to have me fully captivated and hoping the story will never end. I should not be surprised that this was the case with this book.

From the scorching romance, to the humour and chemistry between the two main characters, I loved everything about this novel all the way up to the medical background.

I have said before and I'll say it again: I'm a TOUGH critic when it comes to fiction that is based in the medical field. I rarely watch medical
Han
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Tahsin
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This woman cannot write a bad story, even if her life depended on it.

Hello release day, I can finally post my review (that I wrote sometime in the middle of the night, moments after I finished reading it).

RS Grey can basically do no wrong when it comes to storytelling. I am so grateful she exists, writes these stories and shares her words with the world. Every story she writes is better than the last, genuinely. This one however has shot straight to the top 5 and I already know this will be a
Cassidy (cassidyreads)
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love the fact that RS Grey’s book are also a light and fun read. This was a brother’s best friend, doctor romance. Natalie has offically graduated from residency. She is practically married to her job and she wouldn’t have it any other way. She is caring, hard working, friendly and since she’s known him, she has found her brother’s best friend Connor to be very handsome. Connor is irresistible, he is an attending and he has his eyes set on Natalie. This RS story is a workplace romance, has ...more
michelle
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
an r.s. grey book coming out a day before my birthday is the closest thing i’m gonna get to a birthday present
Türkan
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary, adult
Damn... It always sucks when a book doesn't live up to your expectations.

I unfortunately didn't love this book as I usually do with R. S. Grey books. I'm even considering bumping it down a star. It's more like 2,5 for me, and that's because I felt no real chemistry between the two characters. I wasn't excited to see what would happen, blot twists I didn't really feel. So yeah that sucks. That said, it still had some of Rachel's fun in it, her usual trademarks just didn't shine through.

_______
Ashley
Shelves: 2020
Reviewed on: Ashes Books & Bobs.

R.S. Grey has a formula nailed down for her books and I AM HERE FOR IT. With each book, I'm nervous it will be the one that might not work for me and that, thankfully, just doesn't happen. There's something about her writing that immediately captures me from the first page and keeps me coming back for more. I'm continually amazed by her ability to tell these seemingly simple romances that feel like the well-worn ROM-COM DVDs we can't help but adore.

I
Lindsey Domokur of Crazy Reader Chicks
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Natalie and Connor have had a crush on each other for years. They never did anything about it because Connor's best friend is Natalie's brother, also, she was a resident studying under him in the BICU. Both Natalie and Connor are burn surgeons. I loved all of the time they spent at the hospital with their patients. Many times we see doctors in books, but there were actually detailed descriptions of surgeries that took place and I appreciated this. It made this seem completely real and it made me ...more
Bex | TotallyBex.com
If you’re ever having a bad day or you’re in a dreaded reading slump, take my advice and just pick up a book by RS Grey. I guarantee you’ll have a smile on your face in no time. She just knows how to write heartwarming stories with loads of witty banter, quirky characters, and swoony sweetness. Doctor Dearest has the added benefit of well-researched hospital scenes, a brother’s best friend trope, and a bit of unrequited/star-crossed lovers thrown in the mix.

Natalie was raised by the “you don’t
Anne OK
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Not my favorite from R.S. Grey – I didn’t find it quite as funny or upbeat as others. But still solid, great writing and kept me entertained with smart and interesting characters, both of which are doctors.

Connor and Natalie’s brother are best friends. She’s had a heavy duty crush on Dr. Connor Easton forever and apparently, unbeknownst to her, he’s been crushing on her, as well. And big bro has no idea of either’s feelings for the other. It gets a bit rocky before things smooth out, but that’s
ʟᴀʀᴀ  ɢᴏᴍᴇs
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5/5

R.S. Grey definitely did something here!! I got so addicted to this story and its characters. Can't even begin to describe how much I love Natalie and Connor. I was also very invested in all the medical situations. Had some laughs throughout the book, it was so fun and quick to read. I wish there was more of this couple because they totally own my heart!! Natalie is such a determined, intelligent, independent woman and Connor is so attentive and cute and kind, I can't get enough of them!!
Dali
Doctor Dearest is a sexy contemporary romance steeped in R.S. Grey’s signature witty humor that will leave you smiling.

Following her mother’s mantra of never depending on a man, Dr. Natalie Martin has dedicated her life to her career. At twenty eight years old, she’s a successful, independent woman who doesn’t need a man, but definitely wants one. For years she’s had her eye on the gorgeous ex-collegiate quarterback, revered surgeon Dr. Connor Easton. There are only two minor details: he’s her
Kayla Brunson
Like always, I’m always excited when I see a new release by R.S. Grey. I started out loving Doctor Dearest, I have to admit that. This gave me Grey’s Anatomy vibes and I was living for it. However, once I got more into it I ended up just finding it pretty average and I'm pretty sad about it.

We were given two characters who knew that they had feelings for each other and weren't fighting those feelings. I loved that because we didn’t have to deal with majority the book with them not acknowledging
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
***ARC received in exchange of an honest opinion***

Oftenly when I finish one of R.S. Greys books I have a feeling its my new favorite from her and that is definitely the case with Doctor Dearest. I absolutely LOVED this story. It has everything I like in a good rom-com and I can always count on Rachel to take me out of a reading slump.

The characters were not only likable, but very relatable and down-to-Earth. They seemed real and that made the story seem real. I love that Rachel always does her
Vanessa (nessreads)
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Every time I finish reading an R.S. Grey book I’m left with a smile on my face and feeling happy.

I love Natalie. She’s hardworking, determined and selfless. Connor just like Natalie, is the same way. These two have secretly had feelings for each other for years, but never acted on them. One of the reasons for that is that Connor is best friends with Noah, Natalie’s brother. But as much as they try to stay away they can’t help their attraction for one another.

Natalie and Connor were just
Kate R
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
R.S. Grey returns with Doctor Dearest, in a trope she’s never done before- brother’s best friend. It was executed quite well. Her trademark humor that we all love her for is very present throughout. Natalie is an accomplished surgeon but a little awkward, with a tiny crush on her brother’s best friend, Connor. She’s married to medicine, doesn’t really have a life outside it at all. Her best friend, brother and Connor are all doctors at the same hospital. As fate would have it, Natalie’s brother, ...more
Kim
Doctor Dearest

Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads.

Doctor Dearest is more proof that R.S. Grey can do no wrong in my eyes. (Not that I needed it, you understand.) Rachel is one of my rom-com go-to's. She never lets me down.

Reading Doctor Dearest was basically like watching Grey's Anatomy. But, you know, without all the heartbreak and drama for the sake of drama. (I say this as a former die-hard Grey's fan.) Natalie and Connor's brother's best friend romance ticked all my boxes. They were so fun
Julia - The Romance Bibliophile
NO SPOILERS!

Doctor Dearest has been the BEST and my FAVORITE romantic comedy from R.S. Grey to date, and I absolutely loved Connor and Natalie’s story! The storyline, characters, and author’s writing style and sense of humor were fantastic. I loved everything from beginning to end and was beyond happy with the conclusion. Sweet, sexy, funny, authentic, and entertaining, Doctor Dearest is a MUST READ romcom, and I can’t wait to read more standalone romances from R.S. Grey!

Proofread for author.

For
Dayang
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Rachel Grey has always been one of my go-to authors... picking up her books would always boost my day.

This one is a funny one... I mean, when did the author write a book that's doesn't have humor incorporated in it?

It's a best-friend's little sister romance. It's sweet and swoony but at the same time, it'll also pull on your heartstrings. It's something you'd want to read after a cr@ppy day to lift your day up.

Ashley
Feb 04, 2020 rated it liked it
3.75 Stars!
Mel
4 stars!

A brother’s best friend romance where the heroine’s crush is moving in to keep an eye onherwhile her brother is away?! Yes, please! Add in the fact that unbeknownst to her, the hero wants her just as badly and we get the perfect set up for some smokin’ hot sexy times. Mix the heat with humor and heart and you get Doctor Dearest,another entertaining romantic comedy by RS Grey.

I love the brother’s best friend trope and this one is so satisfying. Natalie and Cooper have known each other
Nightbird Novels
Shelves: arc
4.5 Stars

Dr. Natalie Martin has harbored a major crush on her attending physician... and her brother's best friend, for too many years to count. Dr. Connor Easton isn't just unattainable, but more of a dangerous force she needs to stay far, far away from... if she wants to continue to function as a normal human being...

But when Natalie's brother/roommate invites therock star of surgeons to stay at their place for the foreseeable future, Natalie's ability to avoid his captivating attention is
Carol | tilthelastpage
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Doctor Dearest is a sweet and steamy brother's best friend romance between two equally stubborn individuals determined to break down each other's guards and let their attraction wins. R.S. Grey's books are always brilliantly done to me. Her last medical romance, Hotshot Doc, is an amazing read. That's why I'm really looking forward to this one. Doctor Dearest has not disappointed. It has the perfect balance of comedy, flirt, and allure. The characters are comical and serious at the same time. ...more
Natalie - FerryGoodBooks
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was such a sucker for the earlier season of Grey’s Anatomy. The steamy hook-ups between residents and attendees, the drama with day to day cases, and the connections you feel with each of the characters. This book reads just like a fantastic episode of Grey’s Anatomy. This book was delightful and I ate up every single morsel of sweetness.
First off, how could I not love the book when the heroine is a BA surgeon at the top of her field and she’s, I’m going to pretend, named after me. She has
Jess
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars, no surprise in that!!

Doctor Dearest was such a cute and funny story. I always run to an RS Grey book because I know I’m instantly going to be put in a happier, lighter mood and this book was no different.

Natalie is a med resident who just stated her fellowship. She’s smart, calculated and one of the best in her class. There’s only one thing that can trip her up and that’s Connor, a hot plastic surgeon who also happens to be her longtime crush/ brothers best friend.

That’s right guys we
Halle Reads
Shelves: arc-reads
4/5 Stars

Natalie and Connor are both doctors in the same field and have both been secretly crushing on each other for some time but neither have acted on it. Connor just so happens to be Natalie's BrotherBest Friend and needs a place to stay while his place is under renovations and Natalie's brother offers up his place while he is away. Now might be the time for these two to see if there is something real behind their attraction and draw to each other

This story was cute, heart warming, witty, a
B. Stevens
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love R.S. Grey’s books! I recently discovered her books a few months ago and have read almost all of them. And I’ve loved every single one. This book was no exception.

When I first started this book, I had a hard time connecting with Natalie. She was very independent and it took me a little while to get to know and understand her. But once I did, I loved her! Her constant back and forth made me want to shake her, but with how her mother raised her I couldn’t exactly blame her.

The romance
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Boss Man Bridegroom
  • Dear Ava
  • Inappropriate
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • Rules of Engagement
  • Focused
  • Frenemies
  • Bachelor Society (The Bachelors Club, #1)
  • Marriage on Madison Avenue (Central Park Pact, #3)
  • The Third Best Thing (Fulton U, #3)
  • This Is Love (Harmony Pointe, #2)
  • The Lying Season
  • Doughn't Let Me Go
  • Heartland (True North, #7)
  • Finding Perfect
  • Credence
  • Neat: A Small Town Romance (Becker Brothers Book 2)
  • The Ex Effect (Washington Wolves, #2)
R.S. Grey is the USA Today bestselling author of fourteen novels, including THE FORTUNATE ONES. She loves books, chocolate, reality TV, and cold weather. She lives in Texas with her husband, daughter, and two dogs. Visit her at rsgrey.com.

Instagram: @AuthorRSGrey