Start by marking “Doctor Dearest” as Want to Read:
Doctor Dearest

Doctor Dearest

Natalie

Dr. Easton is part man, part myth.
He’s a formidable surgeon. Highly respected in his field.
He also happens to be an ex-collegiate quarterback with a classically handsome face.
Are you catching on yet?
He’s horrible.
Beautiful.
A walking Ralph Lauren ad.
He’s also so off limits he should come with a warning label: This way lies heartache.

Not only is he an attending at th
Kindle Edition
Published February 6th 2020

Start your review of Doctor Dearest
Warda
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Can’t believe I’m rating this 2 stars, but this was such a lukewarm story, with hardly any depth, or character development, chemistry or the humour I’ve come to love in the author’s novels.

————————

Happy release day to R.S. Grey, rom-com queen. 🥳

Buddy-reading with my fellow R.S. Grey fanatic, Türkan! 💃🏽
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Providded by Author}

A small part of me will always think of him as unattainable. A man I’ve had a crush on for years. A man I’ve watched and wanted from afar. A man who’s friends with my older brother and therefore, inherently off-limits.

Natalie and Connor are doctors at the same hospital. Connor has also been Natalie’s supervisor in the past, but now she’s finished her fifth year of residency and she is starting as an attending in the BICU. This is not their
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
4 stars

Such a great story , I loved Connor and Natalie! They have a great banter which was entertain most of the times!They have a great chemistry and they make me swoon and laugh a lot!

I had a hard time connecting with Natalie at the beginning and this was my only problem!Connor was something else! I couldn’t get enough of him!! However, while I continue reading I find myself liking Natalie more and enjoying the story !

Overall, it was another heartwarming story!

Brooke — brooklynnnnereads
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, ebooks
Every time I pick up an R.S. Grey novel, it never fails to have me fully captivated and hoping the story will never end. I should not be surprised that this was the case with this book.

From the scorching romance, to the humour and chemistry between the two main characters, I loved everything about this novel all the way up to the medical background.

I have said before and I'll say it again: I'm a TOUGH critic when it comes to fiction that is based in the medical field. I rarely watch medical dra
Syndi
Dec 19, 2020 rated it liked it
I am not sure about Doctor Dearest. I do not hate it or like it either. Mostly the POV is from Natalie. Natalie and Connor have a romantic feeling toward each other but hide it. Due to their work relation and brother's best friend forbidden aspect.

As the story progresed I got confuse. Especially Natalie. What is her real issue/dilema of not accepting Connor? After all Connor makes it clear he wanted her.

Like I said, I am confuse with Doctor Dearest. I am also not a big fan of Miss Grey books s
My Pink Fairytales
2.5 ⭐️

I won’t bother with a full review, as I feel i wasted enough time already.
I get that they were attracted to each other, but their relationship seems to start out of nowhere.
I hated the predictable parts, like the wrestling match between Noah (h’s brother) and Connor or the fact that she gets mad over him having a one night stand with someone years ago. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
The heroine was likeable only when she talked to herself.
The hero is ok, a little alpha, loved how he treated his residents.
I didn’t
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
May 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-audiobooks
Okay, so this was not my favourite R.S. Grey book by far. It was way more sweet love story, than the fun, flirty rom-com I have come to love from R.S. In saying that I still enjoyed the story just not as much as I'd hoped.

Caitlin Reads
Feb 25, 2020 rated it liked it
2.5 Stars - I am a pretty big RS Grey fan but I haven't been able to connect with her last two novels. Connor and Natalie were so childish in this book that it scared me that they were doctors. I have loved RS Grey's medical novels in the past and was really looking forward to this one. Connor and Natalie were into each other from the start of the book so there wasn't really a build up of emotions and we were basically left with stupid high school style games from the moment they admitted their ...more
Dali
Doctor Dearest is a sexy contemporary romance steeped in R.S. Grey’s signature witty humor that will leave you smiling.

Following her mother’s mantra of never depending on a man, Dr. Natalie Martin has dedicated her life to her career. At twenty eight years old, she’s a successful, independent woman who doesn’t need a man, but definitely wants one. For years she’s had her eye on the gorgeous ex-collegiate quarterback, revered surgeon Dr. Connor Easton. There are only two minor details: he’s h
TARA
Feb 06, 2020 added it
Shelves: not-for-me-dnf
DNF @33% - may one day read the rest.

There are a couple of reasons why. I was thoroughly enjoying it before but read on if you care to know.
1. These are both descriptions of the female leads eyes
Her hazel eyes are a galaxy, swirled with color.. & Her blue eyes are wide and vulnerable.
2. I actually went to the source (author) and asked if it was slow-burn got this in reply 😈😈 and then they get it on at 35%.
Anne OK
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Not my favorite from R.S. Grey – I didn’t find it quite as funny or upbeat as others. But still solid, great writing and kept me entertained with smart and interesting characters, both of which are doctors.

Connor and Natalie’s brother are best friends. She’s had a heavy duty crush on Dr. Connor Easton forever and apparently, unbeknownst to her, he’s been crushing on her, as well. And big bro has no idea of either’s feelings for the other. It gets a bit rocky before things smooth out, but that’s
Cassidy (cassidyreads)
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love the fact that RS Grey’s book are also a light and fun read. This was a brother’s best friend, doctor romance. Natalie has offically graduated from residency. She is practically married to her job and she wouldn’t have it any other way. She is caring, hard working, friendly and since she’s known him, she has found her brother’s best friend Connor to be very handsome. Connor is irresistible, he is an attending and he has his eyes set on Natalie. This RS story is a workplace romance, has lit ...more
Bex | TotallyBex.com
If you’re ever having a bad day or you’re in a dreaded reading slump, take my advice and just pick up a book by RS Grey. I guarantee you’ll have a smile on your face in no time. She just knows how to write heartwarming stories with loads of witty banter, quirky characters, and swoony sweetness. Doctor Dearest has the added benefit of well-researched hospital scenes, a brother’s best friend trope, and a bit of unrequited/star-crossed lovers thrown in the mix.

Natalie was raised by the “you don’t n
Ashley
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
Reviewed on: Ashes Books & Bobs.

R.S. Grey has a formula nailed down for her books and I AM HERE FOR IT. With each book, I'm nervous it will be the one that might not work for me and that, thankfully, just doesn't happen. There's something about her writing that immediately captures me from the first page and keeps me coming back for more. I'm continually amazed by her ability to tell these seemingly simple romances that feel like the well-worn ROM-COM DVDs we can't help but adore.

I especially l
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
RS Grey's Doctor Dearest is a sweet and sexy smart romance that's got a little bit of everything. It's a forced proximity brother's best friend love story sprinkled with the humor and drama and medical jargon of Grey's Anatomy. It's a rom com but it's layered with push and pull and sexual tension and just the right amount of low level angst. It's the PERFECT package, an absolutely unputdownable romance and quite possibly the SWEETEST RS Grey novel yet.

With every new book, I fall a little bit mo
Alaina
This was so cute!

Doctor Dearest was a fun book to read. After meeting Natalie and Connor, I instantly fell in love with them. It was also super obvious that they both had feelings towards one another. So, when things started to heat up between them - well, I was all for it. Besides them, you meet Noah and Lindsey. Noah is her older brother and Lindsey is her best friend. Now those two also have chemistry and feelings towards one another but we don't really see anything until towards the end of t
Shelby
Natalie and Connor are doctors at the same hospital and now that Natalie’s finished her fifth year of residency, they’ll be working side by side in the BICU. Connor also happens to be Natalie’s brother, Noah’s best friend. Natalie and Noah have been roommates their whole medical careers and the arrangement works for them. So when Noah takes a temporary traveling position, Connor moves into their guest room while his condo is being renovated.

Should be fine, right? Wrong. Natalie’s had a crush on
Jan
Feb 15, 2020 rated it liked it
3 to 3.5 stars. It was kinda sweet and light but not very memorable. I did get annoyed at the start when both MCs were just too, too, perfect. Both at the absolute top of their fields, super high achievers, both hot, fit, good-looking and nice as well. Whew. It was all a bit too much. I would have preferred them to be a little more human. Hey, you can be a hot, capable surgeon, You don't have to be the super mostest bestest evah.

The book did move away from emphasising that, though, and the stor
Tahsin
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
This woman cannot write a bad story, even if her life depended on it.

Hello release day, I can finally post my review (that I wrote sometime in the middle of the night, moments after I finished reading it).

RS Grey can basically do no wrong when it comes to storytelling. I am so grateful she exists, writes these stories and shares her words with the world. Every story she writes is better than the last, genuinely. This one however has shot straight to the top 5 and I already know this will be a go
Lindsey Domokur of Crazy Reader Chicks
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Natalie and Connor have had a crush on each other for years. They never did anything about it because Connor's best friend is Natalie's brother, also, she was a resident studying under him in the BICU. Both Natalie and Connor are burn surgeons. I loved all of the time they spent at the hospital with their patients. Many times we see doctors in books, but there were actually detailed descriptions of surgeries that took place and I appreciated this. It made this seem completely real and it made me ...more
Stephanie
This was just ok for me. Both the characters had trouble with communicating and that frustrated me. This book also utilized one of my least favorite tropes. Had a couple of cute moments, but overall a pretty average Romance.
celene
Samantha
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hands down my new favorite book by RS Grey 🥰
☾ Nikki. ✿
Feb 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Can’t go wrong with a book by r.s grey. Love her writing.

Not a favourite of mine though but still good.

shre ♡
May 16, 2020 rated it liked it
[i'm actually in between a 2.5 and 3] i should've heeded the reviews. don't know why, but r.s grey's newest releases have not been doing it for me. they don't feel as well developed as her previous books. hopefully the next one will be more fleshed out cause i know she can do much better than this. ...more
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
***ARC received in exchange of an honest opinion***

Oftenly when I finish one of R.S. Grey´s books I have a feeling it´s my new favorite from her and that is definitely the case with Doctor Dearest. I absolutely LOVED this story. It has everything I like in a good rom-com and I can always count on Rachel to take me out of a reading slump.

The characters were not only likable, but very relatable and down-to-Earth. They seemed real and that made the story seem real. I love that Rachel always does he
Snow
Feb 16, 2020 rated it liked it
this was just okay for me...

basically, I found it predictable and a bit boring and that really doesn't fit into a right combination for a solid romance...

it lacked freshness and palpable connection between the characters...the only part working was the sexual intercourse, that was very well written but other than that, it was just that - sex, and you know, for a believable romance, i really need more *wink*
Vanessa (nessreads)
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Every time I finish reading an R.S. Grey book I’m left with a smile on my face and feeling happy.

I love Natalie. She’s hardworking, determined and selfless. Connor just like Natalie, is the same way. These two have secretly had feelings for each other for years, but never acted on them. One of the reasons for that is that Connor is best friends with Noah, Natalie’s brother. But as much as they try to stay away they can’t help their attraction for one another.

Natalie and Connor were just
jayelle86
Feb 09, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: skimmed
I find this author extremely hit or miss. Some of her books I’ve loved, others haven’t worked for me at all.

This started in a “hero worship” sort of way. Connor is Natalies older brothers friend and she worships him. It made her seem a lot younger than 28.

I don’t know... I wasn’t feeling this. I didn’t feel the emotion or the romance. Zero chemistry.

Also, Hotshot Doc was a great read, but I think this author writing a second book in the medical field is a bit repetitive.

Skimmed, and lucky, bec
michelle
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
an r.s. grey book coming out a day before my birthday is the closest thing i’m gonna get to a birthday present
Challenge Corner: Doctor Dearest by R.S. Grey -> Starting April 25th, 2020 14 5 Apr 26, 2020 06:23PM

• This Is Love (Harmony Pointe, #2)
  • Finding Perfect (Hopeless #2.6)
  • Neat (Becker Brothers, #2)
  • Fighting for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #2)
  • Code of Silence
  • Twisted Hearts (The Camorra Chronicles, #5)
  • Snug: A Collection of Comics about Dating Your Best Friend
  • Love on Lexington Avenue (Central Park Pact, #2)
  • Ricochet (Addicted, #2)
  • Addicted for Now (Addicted, #3)
  • Would Like to Meet
  • Boss Man Bridegroom (The Bromance Club #3)
  • Half Truths (Secret Society, #1)
  • Dear Enemy
  • Inappropriate
  • The Trade (The Brentwood Boys, #4)
  • Taming Hollywood's Baddest Boy (Hollywood, #1)
  • Winger (Seattle Sharks #3)
R.S. Grey is the USA Today bestselling author of fourteen novels, including THE FORTUNATE ONES. She loves books, chocolate, reality TV, and cold weather. She lives in Texas with her husband, daughter, and two dogs. Visit her at rsgrey.com.

Instagram: @AuthorRSGrey