Start by marking “Better than the Book (Charitable Endeavors #4)” as Want to Read:
Better than the Book (Charitable Endeavors #4)

Better than the Book

(Charitable Endeavors #4)

New York is where dreams come true. Or at least that’s what I’ve been told.

Despite my love of planning, my dream of working on Broadway and meeting my Hollywood superstar crush seem to be running into more brick walls than necessary. Still, I could never have anticipated my crush on Hunter Stone was just one Ambien trip from an unexpected reality.

Now, I find myself lost
Published October 9th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Better than the Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Better than the Book

Start your review of Better than the Book (Charitable Endeavors #4)
Nicole Emerald Book Reviews  McCurdy
Emerald Book Reviews

If you're in the market for a truly uplifting, quirky, fun and super romantic read, then look no further than Better than the Book. This was the most perfect love story, full of fangirl ways, theatre life, movie stars, Ambien mistakes and Ding Dong obsessions.

The angst was minimal, the laughter and joy through the roof. The romance was a beautiful mix of sweet, sincere and downright sexy without being overtly explicit.

'"...I’m sure there’s a romance author out there, just w
Megan | A Page to Turn
Better than the Book took me back to what I absolutely loved about Switch Stance and Ear Candy, in the way that the plot is extremely light-hearted and has some seriously funny, laugh out loud moments. I laughed so hard at a few different moments in Celeste and Hunter's antics and let's just say I will NEVER try ambien.

True to the series, Better than the Book is a fun, light, romantic ride for those who just want to see two people truly start to fall in love, and connect in a real way.
Krista Webster
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing

He may be the star of screen and stage but she is the star of this book.

“Our real life love story is better than the book.”

Book 4 in an excellent series which can be read as a standalone but you will meet characters from the other books and this will lead to spoilers for those couples.

Told from Dual POV by Celeste a theatre stage manager / blogger and Hunter Stone an actor.

Celeste is like the best friend you always wanted. She’s fun, quirky, kind to everyone and has a great attitude and sense
Shannon
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just love these Charitable Endeavors books!! Not only are they quick, light, fun rom-coms but they are packed with emotion.

Better Than The Book explores the life of stage manager/blogger, Celeste (Celestial Star if you’ve read the last book, Model Behavior) and actor Hunter Stone. She’s a total theatre nerd and he’s quickly becoming a household name.

With Celeste’s luck, she may never make it to the Prince of Darkness Con, which means she may never meet her crush.

Hunter portrays a vampire de
Jenifer Briggs
Oct 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read in this series, but the entire time I was reading I just had the biggest smile on my face!!! Oh my gosh this is such a wonderful, feel good romance that's so freaking hilarious!! It's definitely emotional too, but in a way that's not over the top. It's all just done so perfectly!!

Make sure you one click this book!! Celetse and Hunter will make you fall in love with them from the very first pages!!

**I received an ARC of this book and these are my honest opinions!
Jaime Reynolds
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love these collaborations so much. The unique storylines will make you smile, fall in love with characters, and make you lose all track of time. Some of the scenes are classic and you will have tears from laughing so hard. I loved Celeste and Hunter and know that everyone else will also. So make sure it’s on your reading list and if you haven’t read the others in series you should prepare for a binge read.
Jiffy Kate
Better than the Book is LIVE and available with Kindle Unlimited
Celeste has waited years to meet her celebrity crush, Hunter Stone. Falling for him wasn't part of her plan.
Grab your copy today → mybook.to/BetterBook
Taylor Freeman
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You can’t go wrong with a fun light romcom. This book is cute and hilarious. Loved being able to venture into this sweet romance and well as get to see what the future held for some past characters of this series. Can’t wait for the next book y’all!
Rachel Schneider
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh the swoon. Oh the feels. Have you ever finished a book and then sighed with content?? Like everything just fell into place so lovely. The characters were so real and so much that happen...REAL LIFE. Super relatable. I immediately feel in love with Hunter and Celeste. Seeing their relationship grow and flourish was everything I needed. Also loved having our favorite characters from the other books in this series make appearances as well. Just enough to where you got to find out what they had b ...more
Nikki
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When I sit down to read a book from the Charitable Endeavors series by ME Carter and Andrea Johnston I’m usually guaranteed two things: belly laughs and heart swoons. This book had plenty of both. Celeste and Hunter were magnetic from the first moment they were on the page together. I could not have asked for a more satisfyingly sweet book. I highly recommend this book as well as the entire series. I can’t wait for the next book!!!
The Book Lover
Oct 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, it was very raw and real, it was also very entertaining!
Books, Booze & Bon Voyage
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing

He may be the star of screen and stage but she is the star of this book.

“Our real life love story is better than the book.”

Andrea Guy
I always get so excited when there is another Charitable Endeavors book out by Andrea Johnston and M.E. Carter.

These books are full on fun and Better Than The Book is no exception.

Celeste Pumperkin (I love that name) is trying to live the dream of working in theater. She is just so amazingly funny and so very real.

Hunter Stone is an actor from a highly popular vampire show.

Celeste has been trying for years to meet her celebrity crush (Hunter) at cons. OMG the timeline of her failures is pure gol
Crystal Andrews
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Another winner for ME Carter and Andrea Johnston!
How much anticipation, and subsequent disappointment, can one girl take? Celeste was pushing her limits finding out just how much she could tolerate trying and failing to meet her celebrity crush, Hunter Stone. (an amazing name btw!) At times it seemed like it was just not meant to be for them to meet in person. Finally, they had a too-quick encounter and a spark but a stupid oversite ruined a chance to pursue further acquaintan
Debbie
Oct 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I adore this author combo and this series has been amazing in so many ways, but this book is now my favorite! BTTB gave us lots of romance mixed with some crazy laugh out loud moments and I loved it all!

Celeste - she’s cute and quirky. On a mission to attend that Con year after year despite all the crazy things that come her way. Girl is determined to meet Hunter Stone. I love how real she is - from her crazy curls to her nervousness over meeting her celebrity crush to her secret love of the vam
Marina Skinner
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In this day and age of reading for an escape, this book will hands down let your mind take a break and have some entertaining words to read.
It was absolutely wonderful. I smiled alot and just felt like I wanted to live in the story. It captivated me. It was so up my alley that when I finished, I clicked to see when their next book is coming. I tell you this is one book you should definitely read.
It is fun, lighthearted and characters that you want to be friends with.
I loved everything about Cel
Gretchen Anderson
Oct 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was fun and sweet and the best Ambien story I've heard. (I want to know if it's based in truth!) I felt for Celeste, she really has the worst luck, and by the time she FINALLY gets to meet Hunter I was rooting for her. Her reaction to meeting Hunter reminded me of how I feel every time I get to meet an author I admire. It was refreshing to read a book where the famous character didn't start off acting like a jerk. I'm sure some stars are, but not all of them. All of the characters are well ...more
LLS
Oct 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a great addition to this series! Hunter is an actor for a very popular tv show. Celeste is a theater geek who is working as a stagehand. She has been trying to meet Hunter for years but circumstances have prevented the two from connecting. When she finally gets to meet him, will he be everything she hoped for? This was such a cute read! Celeste was everything you would expect her to be. She is awkward and refreshing. Hunter is swoon worthy and not your typical actor. I really enjoyed readin ...more
2OCC Reviews
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: marie
You know that feeling you get from puppy kisses, the smell of baby and holding hands with someone you love? That’s the feeling you will get when you read Better than the Book. Contentment? No, it’s more than that. Happiness? Well sure, because this book will definitely make you happy. But more than anything it, it gave me optimism that everything is going to be OK. Hmm, you ask, and how did a book do that? I don’t know how to explain it, I just know that while reading this book and when I finish ...more
Amy
Oct 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love the Charitable Endeavors series. They are quick, light hearted, fun rom-coms. Celeste and Hunter's story will make you laugh, tear up, and swoon. You go through so many emotions. The characters are very relatable, in fact I found myself saying "Oh that is exactly what would happen to me," she has the same horrible luck I do. I loved this book. I highly recommend this whole series. ...more
Samantha
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this series not only is it for a good cause but Andrea Johnston and M.E Carter bring all the feels and the laughs, their quick action packed rom coms that you can't put down.
I loved learning about Hunter an actor that's super down to earth, you see him struggle with life a bit, but he bounces back.
Celeste a theatre stage manager that write a blog is fun and quirky.
This is a great read that will take your mind off of whatever may be going on around you, the laughs and the heart swoons a
M.E. Carter
Aug 05, 2020 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Cover and blurb will be up soon, but this has been a really fun book to write!
Preorder is available! And remember, 50% of release month's proceeds go to charity!

Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2Fh1xgi
Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/37Hd84x
Amazon CA: https://amzn.to/2tsgv0c
Amazon AU: https://amzn.to/36qRfG7
Colette Kishbaugh
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love the charitable endeavor series, the books are always a cute fun read. Better Than The Book was another great read! I really enjoyed reading the story of Celeste and Hunter. Hunter is a famous actor and Celeste is a lover of the arts. The story was funny and sweet. I also enjoyed getting to catch up on some characters from a previous book!

Highly recommend!
ToniAnn Papa
Oct 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Better than the Book lives up to the title. It's a fun, romantic and easy read. It's a story that shows true feelings of two people falling in love. Celeste and Hunter have a connection that people want in real life (it secretly makes me sick because I don't have it haha). Their friendship just flows together perfectly. Hunter is total swoon-worthy! ...more
Stefanie
Oct 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
The books in this series are so adorable! No drawn out drama. Real life situations. I enjoyed the theater side of this book. Brought back memories of high school drama class. I laughed at all the mishaps in the beginning when Celeste never made it to the big convention. I’m glad she never gave up. I loved her lists, I’m a list maker. Her time during the convention was great. Glad she got all her list checked off. The time in Turks and Caicos had me looking up all inclusive packages. The time in ...more
Lauren Runow
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun book and I love that they donate proceeds to charity!
Ashley N Stephens
Oct 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Another cute feel good love story from this amazing writing duo. I loved Celeste’s fan girl quirkiness and Hunter’s down to earth personality. I always look forward to the Charitable Endeavor stories and this one was a another great add to the collection.
Kristin
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As a theatre nerd myself, raising my own theatre nerds, this book was a warm bowl of chicken soup for my heart & soul. I loved it so much! This sweet love story was just what I needed to melt away my pandemic blues. Absolutely recommend!
Brenda Thompson
I loved this book!
Jennifer Lashbrook
Oct 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I could not put this book down. It was super cute and sweet romance! I typically do not like the celebrity romances. Usually there is cheating and paparazzi, etc. I really enjoyed reading this story. Hunter is very down to earth. We get to see him struggle with life a bit and be exhausted from it. Celeste is a quirky, fun, awkward blogger/stage manager. She has goals she keeps pushing off. Together they succeed.

• Eye Candy (Fighting for Love #3)
  • New Year's Steve
  • Love Thy Neighbor (Roommate Romps, #2)
  • Love Her (Military Men of Lexington #3)
  • Dewey Belong Together (Green Valley Library, #7)
  • Mad About Ewe (Common Threads #1)
  • Street Smart (Work For It #1)
  • Love to Hate You (Hope Valley, #9)
  • Cherish Her (Military Men of Lexington #2)
  • The Ace and The Assistant (New Orleans Revelers, #2)
  • Loathe Thy Neighbor (Roommate Romps, #1)
  • Steal My Magnolia (Love at First Sight, #3)
  • Heart Smart (Work For It #2)
  • The Bribe (Calamity Montana #1)
  • Crave Thy Neighbor (Roommate Romps, #3)
  • The Christmas Blanket
  • It Was Always You
  • Rich Prick

Charitable Endeavors (5 books)
  • Switch Stance (Charitable Endeavors, #1)
  • Ear Candy (Charitable Endeavors, #2)
  • Model Behavior (Charitable Endeavors, #3)
  • Beyond the Lyrics (Charitable Endeavors #5)