Start by marking “High School Musical 2: The Junior Novel” as Want to Read:
High School Musical 2: The Junior Novel

High School Musical 2: The Junior Novel (High School Musical Junior Novels #2)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  592 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
Goodbye, classroom! Hello, summer! But for Troy, Gabriella, Chad, and Taylor, this vacation is no day at the beach; they're all working at a country club founded by none other than Ryan and Sharpay's grandfather! And with the club's annual Midsummer Night's Musical right around the corner, Sharpay's competitive instincts are sizzling. If she can manage to win the Star Dazz ...more
Published August 7th 2007 by Disney Press (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about High School Musical 2, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Maddison
Nov 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: uno
Upped it from 2 to 3 stars :p Cute little read, and although Sharpay annoyed me constantly and Troy annoyed me a little of the time, I like the memory refresher :)
Melanie
May 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Such a fun read! It felt like I was watching the movie again, although minus the songs (which I missed)...I guess that made it a little bit of a flat read and not as enjoyable as the movie was. :/
Eleanor Boateng
As much as I hate to say this I read this book and liked it. MAN!! In general I really read the book and bought it for 4 reasons only. One, being that I am a fan of the High School Musical series. Two, HSM2 is my favorite one from the whole series cause I like most of the songs in it. Three, I wanted to know what was really going through the mind of certain characters. and four, it was on sale for $2.50.

I will have to say my favorite character from the movies is Gabriella Montez but in the book
Jasmine
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I forgot I ever owned this, but I mean it was practically just the movie script with pictures and since I enjoyed the movie back then I guess I enjoyed the book?
Roberto Carlos
Dec 06, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shame.
Fiona
Feb 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
School's out and summer's finally here, but for Troy, Gabriella, Chad, and Taylor, they are working at a country club owned by Sharpay and Ryan's family. Troy and Gabriella were hoping to spend a memorable summer together at the county club while they were off shift, but Sharpay isn't willing to allow that. With the yearly talent show on the way, Sharpay is more than willing to take the chance and steal the spotlight with Troy, knowing that Troy and Gabriella were planning to perform a duet. Wit ...more
'esther liu
Summer is finally here and the wildcats are excited for an amazing summer. But for Troy and his basketball gang, Gabriella and Taylor, they are going to Ryan and Sharpay's country club to earn money. Once they start working, everything goes wrong. Gabriella wanted a summer to remember with Troy but it isn't going the way she planned. Sharpay doesn't even care that Troy and Gabriella was suppose to perform together, she wants the spotlight only on her and Troy. When Troy's friends and Gabriella s ...more
Zoe
Jan 25, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's the summer holidays and the Wildcat's team needs to find summer jobs - each for different reasons. When Troy receives a call telling him about their summer student programme he mentions all his friends. Little do they know that they will be working at the place owned by Sharpay and Ryan's parents. The summer starts off to an okay start but when Troy starts getting privileges he doesn't understand why his friends are annoyed.

I read some of the other reviews and they've pretty much said that
Jabari Terry
Jun 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked high school musical back then and it was good and it was when school was over and time for summer job opportunities and one of them is going to Sharpay and Ryan's place of vacation and their father own a Country Club and most of the High school applied for it. Sharpay's plan was to get Troy Bolton out of the high school group closer to her like girlfriend and boyfriend plus joining the family of Sharpay and Ryan and it worked. At the end Gabriella faced Sharpay that Troy is with them and ...more
Lola
N.B. rules the High School Muscial movie novel world. I'm not sure that is a literary accomplishment, but it must count for something. I love the High School Musical movie novels, but as the most ridiculous of the HSM films it is my least favorite. Fun fact: It took them six days (almost a fifth of their 30 day shooting schedule) to film the Bet On It sequence. It makes me feel so much better about my life when I realize that Zac Efron spent six days prancing around a golf course.

description
Yanni rose
HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL was great! I love all the characters they all have different personalty. At East High the final bell rings signaling the beginning of summer vacation, and the students converge in song ("What Time Is It"). As a symbol of his feelings for her, Troy Bolton (Zac Efron) gives Gabriella Montez (Vanessa Hudgens) a necklace with his initial "T" on it. The Wildcats then sing one last chorus of "What Time Is It" outside of the school. I don't want to give all the details for those who ...more
Kai
Apr 11, 2008 added it
It is about Troy(Zac),Gabrialla(Vanessa),Sharpay(Ashely),Ryan(Lucas) and the wildcats.The wildcats are spending summer working at sharpays family resort which is totally tiring.The resort is having its annual talent show and Sharpay has her ways of making Troy join her in the show.Sharpays doing ends up in Troy losing his friends.The story is with alot of nice ups and downs.It will be better if you watch the movie though because the movie shows all the dance and song.
Astrid Johanne
High School Musical 2 - The book of the film is really bad. The book is just one long summary of the movie, but where all the songs, and all the things that makes High School Musical 2 good, is not in the book.
The book is missing the spark that the movie has, and the spark is the reason that the movie is amazing and the book is just bad.
Shannon H
I'm not a fan of the movie or book. But, I do have to say, whoever wrote this did a good job. This is nothing like the movie, which I have. I used to like the series of books and movies, but now... I just don't. I would recommend this book to people in 2nd grade or even 4th. I just don't like the series of books and movies. I also read Crunch Time, another book in the series.
Azhane
Jun 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The Next Book in the HSM Series. This Book is about the 6friends still finding their way but now their going on summer vacation and have to all find jobs to put towards their college funds. when they all get a job at the same place relationships and friendships are tested.
Youjin
Apr 04, 2008 rated it liked it
This book is about high school summer vacation.Troy,Gabrilla and Chad did a job from the evil Sarphey.So the friendship will broken soon. Will they be friends again?Find out this book!(I prefer you to watch the movie) However, Thier have lot of music and romantic.
Nitya
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
GOOD BOOK.....
Maggie Schmidt
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite movies, so the book was a genius idea.
Tina
Mar 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Jessica
Dec 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
Loved the movie and book!
Carlos Jadiel
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 stars because everything about HSM is amazing
Traven Howard
this book is really similar to the movie and has scenes that are not in the movie that is what makes the book cool
Karli Pickney
Apr 06, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Keyana I think you read this already but if not you should read it!
ok if you like high school musical and high school musical 2 you will like this book!!
Kim uy
Oct 05, 2007 added it
Recommends it for: all kids
sing and dance all around
Thanaphon Yoorum
Sep 18, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
is just like the movie
Raffooola
Oct 22, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: high school musical
the book learnd me to be a good kid
Babygirl
Sep 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
In this book there is seven people tring to ahevie there goals.Then a girl tries to get a boy that she likes to be her boyfiend.But the boy likes a different girl.
Spongebob
May 16, 2008 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: to who ever read the first one
This book starts off where the other one ends. It is just like the movie. And i think the first one had more to it. And this one is ok.
  • Heart to Heart (High School Musical: Stories from East High, #6)
  • Wildcat Spirit
  • Camp Rock The Junior Novel
  • High School Musical 2
  • Nightmare on Hannah Street (Hannah Montana, #7)
  • Get Your Vote On (High School Musical, Stories from East High, #8)
  • The Lizzie Mcguire Movie: Junior Novelization
  • The Perfect Man
  • Totally Crushed (Lizzie McGuire, #2)
  • Shark Tooth Tale (Ready, Freddy!, #9)
  • Face-off (Hannah Montana, #2)
  • Flash (The Puppy Place, #6)
  • Freestyle with Avery
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (The Junior Novelization)
  • Moosetache
  • Dolphin Tale: The Junior Novel
  • Princess Protection Program Junior Novel
  • A Cinderella Story: Movie Novelization

High School Musical Junior Novels (3 books)
  • High School Musical: The Junior Novel

• Ilsa: A Novel
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Into the Free
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Persian Boy (Alexander the Great, #2)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Get It Together, Delilah!
  • Mademoiselle Chanel
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Abundance: A Novel of Marie Antoinette (P.S.)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Whisper Beach
    $8.49 $1.99
  • Isabella: Braveheart of France
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Queen of Swords (Wilderness, #5)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Orphan Master's Son
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Sisters One, Two, Three
    $4.99 $1.99
  • This Is Your Life, Harriet Chance!
    $15.95 $1.99