Start by marking “The Kiss List (Love List #1)” as Want to Read:
The Kiss List (Love List #1)

The Kiss List

(Love List #1)

All Haley Bowman has ever wanted was her One True Love. But now, with her cousin getting married and Haley back in her small town, the pressure is on. Good thing she’s got a foolproof Kiss List, full of potential OTLs. Her parents knew they were soul mates at their first kiss, so surely Haley will know the same. All she needs to do is...well, kiss each of these guys…

Enter
Published February 10th 2020 by Entangled: Bliss

To ask other readers questions about The Kiss List, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Kiss List

Start your review of The Kiss List (Love List #1)
Susan
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Haley is back home after a very public break up involving a viral video and all she wants to do is sit on the couch eating ice cream! Well, her cousin is getting married and Haley needs to find her plus one for the wedding. She still believes in true love and refuses to give up. THE KISS LIST introduces you to Haley’s dad, who seems to enjoy playing matchmaker for her. She loves her dad very much and tries to do all she can for him, but it keeps her in her in the company of her nemesis, Max. Max ...more
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Feb 10, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: egalley
There's nothing offensive in here, but this hate-to-love romance is disappointingly weak in execution.

To start with, the basic premise of this book does not make any sense, and not in a fun way. After being humiliatingly dumped and going viral in the video of it, Haley returns to her hometown. It is a nice change that she's happy to be returning, where usually in that romance trope the character's pissed about it.

Despite her big romantic disappointment, she's still a hopeless romantic and ready
Sofie Sehested
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really liked this story a lot but I was close to dnf’ing the book at about 35% because I had difficulty feeling any connection between the two main characters and I thought they were really annoying and immature. But I kept on reading and found out that as I saw it the dislike between them was deliberately over done so that it became really clear when they started to look at each other definitely. And after the 35 % I started to fall in love with the story and all the characters.

I really loved
Sharon Moritz-rosenthal
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary ARC - early release copy of this book in Kindle format from the author for review purposes.

This is my first book by the author and I enjoyed it. It had a lovely story, fun characters and a very cute plot. It is very much a romcom and more into the romcon than on the romance in my opinion. The couple doesn't even date or get together until close to the end.

The idea behind this story is that Max and Haley grew up together and fought like cats and dogs. While they were
 CCAM&GZM
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a delightful love story!

Sonya Weiss succeeded to offer us a very pleasant journey to the couple's HEA. Even if we know what to expect, the way of its delivery manages to keep us involved in their tribulations.

The happenings are mixed with both the main characters' thoughts in a manner that doesn't hinder the good rhythm that started from the first sentences. Also, even if their thoughts are (always) about the same issues, they don't become annoying by repetition, the author finding ways to
Julie
My Review......

Max and Haley have been enemies for as long as people can remember. He lived to irritate her, she just wanted to graduate and move away. She always intended to come home, settle down and have a family.
Haley’s come home, but not to start a family, she’s hiding. After being dumped and it being filmed, this went from bad to worse. Going viral only made it worse, gossips made it twice as bed, and Haley is in hiding.

Max needs to get away from his family, after watching his brother
Vania Nunes
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you like clean romance, whose characters come from enemies to absolutely in love with each other, you are in the right place.

After living in LA for a while, after her mother's death, Haley returns to Cherry Creek, North Caroline, as something of an internet celebrity because of a video that goes viral when her famous boyfriend breaks up in front of a lot of people.

Haley was an incurable romantic. Part of it was the fault of his parents' perfect, romantic marriage. And based on their story,
Stella Thompson
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Kiss List!

I thoroughly enjoyed this book! I loved that Hailey and Max had a past of constant bickering, and eventually figured out they each had a crush on the other for years. But Max needs to get a partnership in Haley’s father’s business and he needs Haley’s agreement to get it. After he accidentally pours a beer over Haley, she deems it necessary that he help her re-meet with her old boyfriends to find her One True Love just as her parents had done. But the list of possible OTL’s,
Scarlett Ian
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Max and Haley are childhood rivals; they lived to torment each other and the trend continues well into their adulthood. But when Hey needs Max’s help finding her happily ever after – he jumps at the chance, knowing he can call in the favor and get the dream job he has been working towards his entire life. You can probably guess what follows – but I won’t spoil it anyway.

This is such a cute romance – all the sweetness being perfectly balanced out by all the laughs – it’s almost addicting. Once I
Diane McConnell
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arc
Hate changes to love!

Haley Bowman made a list of every local guy she had dated because her parents knew they were true loves after the first kiss and she wanted to find love so she needed to kiss a lot of local guys. One local guy not on the list was Max Gallagher who wanted to be a partner in the Bowman family business. Max said he would help check out the guys on the list so Haley would sign off on the partnership. Max needed it so he could quit working at the family coffee shop. Haley didn’t
Kari Hansen
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
After the very public demise of her last relationship in spectacular fashion Haley has returned to her hometown and back to her roots. Between her mother’s advice and the advice of a fortune teller Haley has created a list of ex-boyfriends to kiss as she believes that one of them is her soulmate.

Max works with Haley’s father and he and Haley have been like oil and water since they were teenagers. They have come to a mutually beneficial arrangement when it comes to the Kiss List, but the surprise
Cheryl
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
The snarky humor between Max and Haley really upped my enjoyment of this enemies to lovers romance. While I sometimes find this trope to be unrealistic or very rushed, I loved the fact that these two people have known each other since they were kids. The constant competition between them was obviously a simmering attraction that neither wanted to face. Max and Haley were simply a joy to watch as they uncover long hidden feelings for each other.
The other thing I liked about The Kiss List was that
Sara Oxton
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Kiss List by Sonya Weiss a kissable five-star read. This could be so predictable but do you know what, this had a great freshness to it, there were fantastic laughable and funny moments as well as sweet and caring moments, the care and love between Haley Bowman and her farther Mr Bowman really shone through, that relationship just shone through as well as the relationship between Mr Bowman and Max Gallagher they all showed such lovely sides of the story. Haley is so much braver than I am, I ...more
Jane
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Haley and Max have been at odds with each other there entire lives, but that fortune teller said she must look to the past to find her future. She needs Max to help her do that, even if they both might be tempted to commit murder being in such close proximity. Max goes along with Haley’s plan because he desperately wants the partnership in her father’s company that she has promised if he helps her find ‘The One.’ Is detente with Max even possible? Readers should love this battle of wills. The ...more
Linda Quick
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a delightful and sweet romance that I just loved. Haley has been publicly humiliated, with video, and slinks back to her hometown to recover and start over. Once there, she is forced to work with Max, otherwise known as the bane of her existence.

Since Max wants to expand his role at her father's business, they make a bargain for him to help her with a kiss list in a way to find her one true love. As they spar and snipe at each other, each starts to notice their feelings have changed,
Lori
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a sweet, wholesome story of enemies to friends to soul mates! I loved the banter between Haley and Max! Never a dull moment with these two. But underneath such crazy sarcasm bloomed a genuine admiration, quiet attraction, and beautiful connection. I especially loved the moments between Haley and her dad. Those were emotional and brought a tear to my touched heart. I am glad the angst did not last long and hopefully this book set up future stories for other characters that I would love a ...more
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Max and Haley have been on opposite ends since childhood. She has always wanted her one true love and with her cousins upcoming wedding she has put together a list to find him. Max is her way into meeting these guys but it comes with a price but the more time she spends with him the more their feelings are beginning to blur. Could it be her true love was always close by all alone in the form of someone she sees as a nemesis? This story will call to your romantic side with all the antics of Max ...more
BB
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was ok
Give or take half a star, I can't decide which.

So it's starts out with potential. The banter between Haley and Max was promising. The potential chemistry was promising(never goes past a kiss, fair warning). The plot was more like a ploy and a little silly.

Overall, a lot like air leaving a balloon. The end is very much so *raspberry noise*

Anticlimactic and sickeningly sweet territory. (Just a waste of an enemies to love trope)

It had definite potential in all areas, it just never really
Melena Torretta
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, netgalley-arcs
The Kiss List was an adorable and sweet book. Haley and Max grew up disliking each other, but when she comes back to town everything is about to change.

The plot moved quickly but doesn't feel like it's missing anything since the story set up means they are together all the time. I also liked it as they moved from arguing to teasing banter. It was easy to see how things changed in their relationship and that there might have been feelings well before they realized it.

Synergy_Quest
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars - The Kiss List is a nice, clean enemies to lovers romance. The heroine, Haley, is the girl next door type who had a very public break-up and is now looking for love. The hero, Max, is a stand-up guy. He and Haley have always competed against one another, and it’s pretty obvious that if they stop bickering for 5 mins, they’ll fall head first into love. It’s an easy, though meandering thus longer than it needs to be, read.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book.
Suzette
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Funny, sweet, charming, witty are just a few of the wonderful words I could use to describe this story. It is truly a delightful read. Haley is back in her small hometown after a very public and disastrous breakup. Her arc nemesis Sam is still working with her dad. They form a pact that has them spending a lot of time together. Their interactions are filled with fun squabbling. You will laugh at all the ways they try to irritate each other as they journey on their way to love.
Emma bramley
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
This is a swoon worthy romance story which will have you hooked from the first page. This is a enemies to lovers romance story. This book follows the characters Haley nd Max, they were well written and very easy to fall in love with. This story flowed really well and kept you reading long into the night.

I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book

Lovely Loveday
The Kiss List by Sonya Weiss is a swoony worthy romance that is sure to pull you in from the beginning. A story of enemies to lovers that is sure to take you on a roller coaster ride of emotions.Sonya Weiss writes a lovely romance with well-written characters that are easy to relate to. I did not want to put this one down.
Rachel Kennedy
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
A fun and entertaining read.

Max and Haley have been enemies since school. She is back in town after years away and now she needs his help with her kiss list, her plan to find her soul mate.
As they spend more time together they start to fall for each other, but will either of them dare to admit it?

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for a voluntary and honest review
Isha Coleman
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Weiss delivers a ray of sunshine to bring a bit of warmth to our hearts. The Kiss List is the cherry on an ice cream sundae. Max and Haley are a delight that continues to brighten your day long after the last page has been devoured. A wonderful edition to my MUST HAVE list.
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
2-11

4 Stars maybe 4.5 stars

Was not expecting this to be a romantic comedy.

On the adventures these two have.

Reminds me a little of runaway bride

I hate the situation with Max, his brother and his family.

I like the story, but it does seem a little juvenile. You would think it's a young adult read at times, by the way Haley and Max acted with each other.

Review to come.

Part of a series: Love List
Standalone
HEA
Epilogue

I look forward to reading the next book in this series.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC from NetGalley.
Susan Meier
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fun, fun story
romancejunkie
The Kiss List is a sweet and adorable romantic comedy. The banter between Haley and Max was witty and funny.
Ree
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gosh, I loved Haley & Max's story! There was just something so... good about it.

Haley was so relateable; wanting so much to have that extra special someone in your life to share your love and accomplishments with. I loved the banter between her and Max. It was witty and hilarious. I was rooting for them to get together even before the 40% mark.

I recommend this read. Though it could have easily become 'just another enemies-to-lovers romance', there was a sort of freshness to it; it was a

• Wrong Bed, Right Man
  • Cowboy for Hire (Wishing River, #2)
  • You're The One
  • Rebel Soul
  • Close to Me
  • Crossing the Line (Hot Jocks, #4)
  • A Valentine Proposal
  • Billionaire Bosshole (Bedding the Billionaire #3)
  • The Star and the Shamrock
  • Deadly Bounty (Southern California Violent Crimes Taskforce, #8)
  • The Last Real Cowboy (Cold River Ranch, #3)
  • A Springtime To Remember
  • Defending Zara (Mountain Mercenaries #6)
  • The Stand Out
  • The Cassidy Brothers: A Contemporary Reverse Harem Romance (A Quick & Dirty Novel Book 4)
  • House of Cards (Tech Billionaires #1)
  • The Dare
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
Sonya Weiss is a freelance writer, ghostwriter and author. She's addicted to great books, good movies, and Italian chocolates.

She's passionate about causes that support abused animals and children. Her parents always supported her bringing stray animals home although the Great Dane rescue was a surprise.